Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 39
    • NoviceAngel
    • By NoviceAngel 8th May 18, 1:54 PM
    • 2,045 Posts
    • 615 Thanks
    NoviceAngel

EDIT: @NoviceAngel: KLM uses AviationADR, not CEDR. Not saying they are any better but at least it's a free service so there's nothing lost (except time) by going through them.
    Originally posted by jpsartre

Thanks for the correction, nothing wrong with using them if it’s free!
    After reading PtL Vaubans Guide , please don't desert us, hang around and help others!

Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
    • JPears
    • By JPears 8th May 18, 2:04 PM
    • 3,851 Posts
    • 1,060 Thanks
    JPears
    However the ADR may kick it back if you have not gone through the KLM process (which I expect is what they will claim, despite their inability to have even basic correspondance with you)
    Download Vauban's guide if you have not already done so and go to NBA stage.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
    • singlo
    • By singlo 8th May 18, 3:29 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    singlo
    Thanks for the reply. I used Resolver because of these great reviews online but I know KLM ignored Resolver's letters completely . In hindsight, they might deal with it faster if I filed it through their web site directly. Well they may reject my claim after all this and I WILL never fly KLM even again in my life..I swear.
    • NoviceAngel
    • By NoviceAngel 8th May 18, 3:35 PM
    • 2,045 Posts
    • 615 Thanks
    NoviceAngel
    Thanks for the reply. I used Resolver because of these great reviews online but I know KLM ignored Resolver's letters completely . In hindsight, they might deal with it faster if I filed it through their web site directly. Well they may reject my claim after all this and I WILL never fly KLM even again in my life..I swear.
    Originally posted by singlo

I would issue the NBA (Notice Before Action) I think you have been patient long enough, they’ll string you along forever if you let them.
    After reading PtL Vaubans Guide , please don't desert us, hang around and help others!

Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
    • singlo
    • By singlo 8th May 18, 4:30 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    singlo
    The british pilot contradicted their claims that it was weather. He broadcasted in cockpit it was air traffic computer in the airport upgrade that caused the delay. I came to the point of giving up dealing with these cusromer service. Its too much hassles and time wasting.Their tactics of not replying and dealing with the claims are very effective
    • NoviceAngel
    • By NoviceAngel 8th May 18, 4:33 PM
    • 2,045 Posts
    • 615 Thanks
    NoviceAngel
    The british pilot contradicted their claims that it was weather. He broadcasted in cockpit it was air traffic computer in the airport upgrade that caused the delay. I came to the point of giving up dealing with these cusromer service. Its too much hassles and time wasting.Their tactics of not replying and dealing with the claims are very effective
    Originally posted by singlo

If you don’t want the hassle of DIY you could always use a good NWNF Solicitors, Bott & Co get mentioned a lot on here!

• Alan Bowen
    • By Alan Bowen 8th May 18, 6:37 PM
    • 3,068 Posts
    • 1,544 Thanks
    Alan Bowen
    The airport suffered multiple closures due to snow in early December 2017, and the year before I think, and thick fog later in the month, immediately before Christmas. It is clearly not a good airport weather wise if you need to travel in a hurry. If your delays were weather related, then if they paid for your hotels and food, there may be no more compensation due. I can see things had got so bad by the 11th December they could no longer find accommodation and were telling people to try and find their own and they would pay for it, so it seems it got even worse after you travelled.
    • singlo
    • By singlo 8th May 18, 9:09 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    singlo
    I will wait for a bit longer to see if they will reject my claims based on weather but i wont go for solicitor option. I think i will need a draw a line because every single time it is very negative experience to deal with KLM customer service. They treated me with zero courtesy. I probably learn to let go off it otherwise i will have to go to some anger management course. Seriously they are very annoying and unhelpful. Beside Air France their company may go bust after all.
    Last edited by singlo; 08-05-2018 at 9:35 PM.
    • louaijsa
    • By louaijsa 17th May 18, 6:45 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    louaijsa
    Cancelled original flight, and cancelled rebooked flight
    Hello!

I just wanted to ask you guys a few things about a claim I'm going to make. From what I've read I'm entitled to a compensation of 400 € but I'd like to know if it can be more than that.

I had my flight booked from Algiers to Copenhagen through Paris CDG with AF on the 4th of April at 11:40 and arrival at 18:30. The day before, I received an email saying that my scheduled flight from Algiers to Paris had been cancelled and that they were looking for rebooking options. A couple of hours later I saw on my reservations' page that they had rebooked me on a flight with another company at 10:30, still for the 4th of April. I then called them and said that I wanted to be rebooked to travel on the 7th of April instead, which they after a while accepted.

The days went by and then, on the 6th of April, the day before I was going to travel, I received an email stating that both my flights had been cancelled and I was then automatically rebooked on Algiers - Copenhagen through Frankfurt with Lufthansa instead (departing 45 min after my AF flight would have, and arriving at the same time AF would have).

So now my question is, how much compensation can I claim? Are the 400€ correct or can I ask for more?

Thank you so much in advance
    • JPears
    • By JPears 17th May 18, 7:58 PM
    • 3,851 Posts
    • 1,060 Thanks
    JPears
    Welcome.

Thank you for posting on the relevant thread.

Whether or not you are due compensation depends on the reason for the cancellation.
    The level of compensation depends on the distance of the flight and the length of the delay and is a fixed amount. You can claim additional expenses you incurred for the extra 3 days - accommodation, food etc.
    Download Vauban's super duper guide to find all your answers.

• NoviceAngel
    • By NoviceAngel 17th May 18, 8:00 PM
    • 2,045 Posts
    • 615 Thanks
    NoviceAngel
    Agreed, link is still in my signature....

• louaijsa
    • By louaijsa 17th May 18, 10:34 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    louaijsa
    Thank you very much for answering!

I've just read the guide (and other websites since I got home after my trip) and my trip is between 1500-3500 km, therefore it should be 400€.

The reason for the cancellation on April 4th was "operational reasons" and on the 7th likewise, although I know that the 7th was said to be strike day.

What I'm thinking about now is if it's possible to ask for "double" compensation since my flights were cancelled twice? At the same time I'm thinking that maybe I can't do that, because on April 7th the rebooked flight that I took was actually the same day as I would have travelled if the second AF journey wasn't cancelled, and on that day I wasn't arriving late...
    • JPears
    • By JPears 18th May 18, 8:40 AM
    • 3,851 Posts
    • 1,060 Thanks
    JPears
    You can only claim once for the journey. And your second flight, even though rerouted, was not more than 3 hours later than your first.

If you had got refund, and rebooked flights for the 7th yourself,AND that flight was delayed by more than 3 hours in arrival you could claim twice.

• louaijsa
    • By louaijsa 18th May 18, 4:08 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    louaijsa
    Ok! Thanks a lot!!
    • --Tony--
    • By --Tony-- 22nd May 18, 1:49 PM
    • 1,646 Posts
    • 1,144 Thanks
    --Tony--
    Hi all,

How do KLM normally handle claims, do they generally payout without issue? I have input our claims in via their website yesterday.

What happened was we boarded and were about to go when the pilot announced the lorry they push the aircraft back with had done so with the aircraft breaks on. They needed an engineer to check the aircraft and the engineer was three hours away.

We were booked with KLM all the way through to Costa Rica from Southampton and the delay meant we would miss connections in Amsterdam and Panama.

As a result they took us by taxi from Southampton to Heathrow where we waited 8 hours and were put on a Virgin flight to JFK, then Aviance to San Salvador another big layover, then to Costa Rica. We had a horrific flight, spent over 32 hours travelling and arrived in Costa Rica 15 hours late.
    • JPears
    • By JPears 22nd May 18, 2:09 PM
    • 3,851 Posts
    • 1,060 Thanks
    JPears
    Welcome,
    Download and read Vauban's guide.
    It looks as though you are due the full amount of 600 Euros per passenger.

• --Tony--
    • By --Tony-- 22nd May 18, 5:25 PM
    • 1,646 Posts
    • 1,144 Thanks
    --Tony--
    Welcome,
    Download and read Vauban's guide.
    It looks as though you are due the full amount of 600 Euros per passenger.
    Originally posted by JPears
    Thanks, yes I had a read of that, you don't think they can say it was exceptional circumstances because the ground staff damaged the plane, the guide only covers technical.

I would have thought they would have someone closer than 3 hours who can sign off the planes airworthiness, if not based at the airport
    • JPears
    • By JPears 22nd May 18, 5:41 PM
    • 3,851 Posts
    • 1,060 Thanks
    JPears
    Damage by a third party is not an EC usually as KLm can claim off the third party for their mistake (if they choose to)
    My expeience with a KLM claim was very good. I actually put in our claim whilst waiting for our next flight at Schipol after the delay on our first flight.
    I think we got paid about 2 o3 weeks later.
    The claim was apporived after a few days. But it was a clear cut case and several years ago. I think KLM play a bit mor ehardball these days especially with AF about to go up the swanny...

• --Tony--
    • By --Tony-- 6th Jun 18, 12:44 PM
    • 1,646 Posts
    • 1,144 Thanks
    --Tony--
    Damage by a third party is not an EC usually as KLm can claim off the third party for their mistake (if they choose to)
    My expeience with a KLM claim was very good. I actually put in our claim whilst waiting for our next flight at Schipol after the delay on our first flight.
    I think we got paid about 2 o3 weeks later.
    The claim was apporived after a few days. But it was a clear cut case and several years ago. I think KLM play a bit mor ehardball these days especially with AF about to go up the swanny...
    Originally posted by JPears
    Thanks,
    Just to update KLM have been very reasonable and replied yesterday (two weeks) with:

"This is indeed a situation where you are entitled to receive compensation. Hence, we are pleased to confirm you that we have initiated the process to transfer GBO 524 (equivalent to EUR 600) in the given bank account."

Only one of us has had a reply so far (had to claim separately) but I'm sure the other reply will be along soon.
    • thr1879
    • By thr1879 27th Jun 18, 10:24 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    thr1879
    Air France - Please Help - industrial action 23/04
    My wife and daughter recently had their return flights to the cancelled by Air France.
    The airline sent a message saying the flights were cancelled and they should not go to the airport. Later that day they were offered return flights to the UK the following evening, but due to the scale of the action they struggled to source additional hotel accommodation in Paris. They tried to contact Air France with no success.

Eventually, we managed to book Euro Star tickets on the same day they were originally due to fly back. We also had to book tickets from London - Birmingham.

Air France have agreed to pay the standard 250 euros each flight delay compensation, but have refused to reimburse the £600.00 we paid for our original flights and our alternative return travel fees. They have told us the online booking company for the flights are liable. The online booking company (for the flights) Gotogate site contradicts this and tells you to pursue the airline.

This has been dragging on for weeks now and I'm thinking about issuing in the small claims court. Can anybody confirm who I should pursue? Can I pursue both?

Also Air France have refused to reimburse the compensation to our Nationwide accounts saying the will only pay into a UK clearing bank. This despite us providing them with a BIC/Swift Code? We don't have any other accounts. Can they do this?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,518Posts Today

8,560Users online

Martin's Twitter