Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 94
    • Wokka1976
    • By Wokka1976 15th Sep 18, 12:10 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Wokka1976
    What we can't understand is that a previous poster has been compensated for the same flight around the same time we issued our second response to a claim. After this our claim was declined once again. Exactly the same flight, yet we purseued the claim with a solicitor not knowing other passengers have been compensated. I'm just trying to get my head around how they can actually get away with this? Any advice appreciated
    • legal magpie
    • By legal magpie 15th Sep 18, 12:28 PM
    • 920 Posts
    • 404 Thanks
    legal magpie
    Wokka. The answer is simple. The airlines HATE the regulations which have cost them a fortune. Most will only pay if they have to and many will fob off passengers with perfectly good claims in the hope that they will go away. Judges are aware of this and several require the airline to give details of any other claims they have received about a particular flight.
    One solution would be for Parliament to make it mandatory for airlines to offer compensation to every passenger on a flight, whether or not they claimed. This would cost millions. An alternative would be to make it a criminal offence for airlines to reject claims that they knew full well are valid, e.g where they have already paid out to another passenger on the same flight. Unlikely to happen, though.
    • Robj241
    • By Robj241 18th Sep 18, 11:32 AM
    • 23 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    Robj241
    Sorry new to this forum I was trying to reply to a post above re flight VS15 to Orlando departed 23rd July. Clearly did it wrong ha
    Originally posted by Wokka1976

Hi,

After the first rejection I replied with a very basic email: -

Many thanks for your quick response.

Unfortunately the reason quoted is not a valid excuse for the avoidance of compensation under EC261/2004.

The fact that a Plane was available means that this was not 'extraordinary circumstances'.

If payment for compensation for our delayed flight is not authorised within 14 days I will have no option but to issue 'County Court' proceedings.

Many thanks

We were paid direct from Virgin on 31/08/18 - 6 x passengers @ 530.35 each.

Hope this helps.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

416Posts Today

3,380Users online

Martin's Twitter