Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Virgin Atlantic ONLY

Options

Comments

• Mark2spark
    Mark2spark Posts: 2,306 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Not many shannon to chicago flights though as an alternative for the airlines to pursue IMO.
    I'd say no, in flight safety issue, EC, no claim.
  • Natony46
    Options
    Natony46 wrote: »
    I received my court date, which is in November but mediation was a recommendation by the Judge. I am due to mediate sometime in October. I understand that also means if the mediation does not work my case will then go in front of the Judge in November. Hope that makes some sort of sense!!

Quick update; got a telephone call a couple of days ago from the Mediation people saying that VAA regard my case as "unsuitable for mediation and wish to go to trial....." Just so happens it was the same day I received notification of VAA's solicitor who will be acting for them when we go to trial in November.

Have researched all I can for now so it's putting it altogether and prepare for my time in court.

I'll keep you all in the loop!!!!
  • David_e
    David_e Posts: 1,498 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 25 September 2013 at 4:20PM
    Options
    Quick update; got a telephone call a couple of days ago from the Mediation people saying that VAA regard my case as "unsuitable for mediation and wish to go to trial....."

Was this for your 25 hour delay due to staff illness in Orlando? Unbelievable! Presumably it is because they have a large number of claims for this flight with it being a recent one.

I've not read all the threads on the specifics but I just can't imagine how staff illness could be argued to be EC?! And that means it doesn't matter what they did (or didn't do) to deal with the problem, as I understand it.

Anyway, very best of luck with your case.
  • vln
    vln Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    Quick update; got a telephone call a couple of days ago from the Mediation people saying that VAA regard my case as "unsuitable for mediation and wish to go to trial....." Just so happens it was the same day I received notification of VAA's solicitor who will be acting for them when we go to trial in November.

Have researched all I can for now so it's putting it altogether and prepare for my time in court.

Good Luck - I don't think we are that far behind you. We are waiting for mediation / a court date - sounds like it will be heading straight for the court date.
    Please keep us posted with how you get on.
  • flor2012
    Options

Good luck, got my fingers crossed. They cannot continue to claim pilot sickness is an extraordinary circumstance which is unavoidable. They are obviously sticking by their word and defending our flight delay as hard as they can due to the fact that 250 passengers have claimed. Not too far behind just received the notification that they are defending my claim. They have stated that I cannot claim for the rest of my party though not sure how a 7 and 5 year old can claim for themselves. Keep in touch:)
  • hmtowns
    Options
    Just an update. Attended Court to pay court fee today. Matter listed for 30th October with documentation to be served 14 days beforehand. I am thinking of a reply to their defence and two short witness statements just to say what happened on that day. Can't believe that they are defending the claim still. It was a cracked front window which they don't know how it occurred and it was on the flight before mine! Oh well I am off on that day anyway so off to court we go then!
  • Rsian
    Options
    Hi,
    About to put a claim in for a Virgin flight last year, and have a question:
    I logged on to the flightstats site to check the exact delay length, and it states a 255 minute total delay for a flight from SFO to LHR having taken off at 11:59pm...however, I believe this is when we borded the plane, it didn't actually take off until closer to 01:00am!
    Can someone clarify how 'official' this time is, as I know we did not take off anywhere near to 11:59pm
    Thanks.
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Rsian wrote: »
    Hi,
    About to put a claim in for a Virgin flight last year, and have a question:
    I logged on to the flightstats site to check the exact delay length, and it states a 255 minute total delay for a flight from SFO to LHR having taken off at 11:59pm...however, I believe this is when we borded the plane, it didn't actually take off until closer to 01:00am!
    Can someone clarify how 'official' this time is, as I know we did not take off anywhere near to 11:59pm
    Thanks.
    What is important is the arrival time, not take off. This is what determines the delayed time.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    JPears wrote: »
    What is important is the arrival time, not take off. This is what determines the delayed time.

Plus you don't need to know the exact timings of your delay. So long as you are clear that you arrived 3 hours or more late, the airline should confirm that from their own records.
  • Clive_79
    Options
    Clive_79 wrote: »
    Thanks. Can anybody provide a recommendation for a no win no fee firm that would handle this sort of thing?

Can anybody help with providing a recommendation of a decent no win no fee firm?? thanks.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure