Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 169
    • NoviceAngel
    • By NoviceAngel 9th Oct 18, 7:49 PM
    • 2,133 Posts
    • 636 Thanks
    NoviceAngel
    After reading that garbage from EasyJet I’ve somewhat changed my mind - they are trying to force you into settling for a lower amount (albeit £45)

I’d be inclined to let it go through the entire CEDR process to adjudication.

You’ve obviously got a valid claim otherwise they wouldn’t have offered to settle in the first place.

Go get em JP
    After reading PtL Vaubans Guide , please don't desert us, hang around and help others!

Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
    • Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 9th Oct 18, 8:21 PM
    • 1,698 Posts
    • 738 Thanks
    Tyzap
    FWIW, I agree with Legal Magpie.

£45 is £45, I thought you were a Yorkshire man!
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
    • JPears
    • By JPears 9th Oct 18, 8:21 PM
    • 4,275 Posts
    • 1,168 Thanks
    JPears
    This is clearly not a CEDR decision but an offer of settlement. The airline is attempting to confuse you.
    Originally posted by legal magpie
    Unfortunately the CEDR process isn't entirely helpful either.
    As I've mentioned, I've no idea if when I respond, it is actually read and acted upon by anybody, let alone an adjudicator or simply passed straight back to easyJet.
    I think a suitably terse and succinct response might be in order ...😁
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
    • Mancitykev
    • By Mancitykev 9th Oct 18, 10:52 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Mancitykev
    Getting a response from Easyjet
    Looking for advice on getting a response from easyjet. I emailed the EU261 which was acknowledged by Easyjet on 29/6/18, the usual e mail response, 14 days etc.
    On 10/8/18 I E-mailed to ask if there was any update, on 11/8/18 I received an identical e mail to the first one saying rec’d EU261 on 29/6/18, 14 days etc .
    Sent further requests for updates on 20th and 27/8/18, nothing.
    I then phoned the customer Service number, passed on to a section that deals with ‘outstanding resolutions over 45 days’ to wait an hour on hold before they answered, promised to phone back with update, nothing. Repeated this a week later and still nothing.

How can I get a response.!!!!!

My wife’s flight was from Geneva to London Luton and was cancelled because the crew had gone over hours and they could not man the flight.
    • JPears
    • By JPears 10th Oct 18, 7:42 AM
    • 4,275 Posts
    • 1,168 Thanks
    JPears
    Welcome. This should be on the easyJet thread, not a new personal thread.
    Did you submit the claim using the website claim form?
    They may not accept a claim any other way. It's ridiculous but it's one way of putting people off, obfuscation and in your case just ignoring valid claims.

• JPears
    • By JPears 10th Oct 18, 9:16 AM
    • 4,275 Posts
    • 1,168 Thanks
    JPears
    I rejected their offer, more to see how the process unfolds than anything else.

The CEDR website now says that an adjudicator will be appointed on 15/10/18 and that easyJet can now submit a defence.

It will be interesting to see what defence

What is the point in CEDR allowing the airline to make an "offer" when the amount due is clearly prescribed in law and the regulation?
    Lets hope the adjudicator sees through easyJet's disingenuous response.

• Mancitykev
    • By Mancitykev 10th Oct 18, 9:28 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Mancitykev
    Thanks
    I see. Yes it was on the website form, I have reference numbers etc.
    I only saw the Easyjet thread this morning, can I morph this into it, ( bit new to this )
    • NoviceAngel
    • By NoviceAngel 10th Oct 18, 9:33 AM
    • 2,133 Posts
    • 636 Thanks
    NoviceAngel
    I think you made the right decision, you are clearly due compensation otherwise EasyJet wouldn’t have made an offer. They were cynically trying to save themselves £45! Even more so though, trying to save themselves the cost of the CEDR service and adjudication which will run into hundreds of pounds.

I hope EJ learn a lesson from this, and you JP will gain first hand knowledge of the CEDR process which will be very handy on here, roll on the 15th.

Good luck.
    After reading PtL Vaubans Guide , please don't desert us, hang around and help others!

Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
    • JPears
    • By JPears 10th Oct 18, 9:46 AM
    • 4,275 Posts
    • 1,168 Thanks
    JPears
    I doubt anything will happen until at least November. CEDR is a very sloooooow process...

• JPears
    • By JPears 10th Oct 18, 9:47 AM
    • 4,275 Posts
    • 1,168 Thanks
    JPears
    Either repost, or an admin may move it.
    Time to stop EJ d**king you around. Send another email marking it as an NBA/LBA giving 14 days notice.

• naf123
    • By naf123 10th Oct 18, 10:15 AM
    • 1,211 Posts
    • 1,280 Thanks
    naf123
    Regarding LBA , is it best to send by email or recorded delivery?

If its by email, which is the most appropriate email address to send to?

If its by post is it just to their head office in luton? eg is it this

easyJet Airline Company Limited
    Hangar 89
    London Luton Airport
    Luton
    Bedfordshire
    LU2 9PF
    United Kingdom

Who do I address the LBA to?

Many thanks much appreciated
    • NoviceAngel
    • By NoviceAngel 10th Oct 18, 10:40 AM
    • 2,133 Posts
    • 636 Thanks
    NoviceAngel
    Help is available in Vaubans guide, but basically I would recommend sending it by post and just obtain proof of posting (free of charge) from a post office no need for recorded.

Head office is the best address to use.

• BitterandBlue
    • By BitterandBlue 11th Oct 18, 12:03 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    BitterandBlue
    How long to pay compensation
    Hi,

Hope I'm in the right forum?

I'm just wondering if anyone knows how long it takes EasyJet to pay out compensation?

We put in a claim in June that was agreed by EJ but we've still not received any money?

Any idea how long it normally takes or when/how we should escalate it?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
    Mark
    • JPears
    • By JPears 11th Oct 18, 2:05 PM
    • 4,275 Posts
    • 1,168 Thanks
    JPears
    They will take as long as you let them.

Claims department appears to be run by incapable baffoons.
    Time to send an NBA with 14 days notice for payment.

• Jude63
    • By Jude63 13th Oct 18, 12:59 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Jude63
    EJ delay
    Hi, our son was due to fly home on 14th Sept for an evening reception. However his flight was due to leave at 9pm (arriving 10pm ish) but it was delayed 4 hours so thee was no point in him flying so didn’t board. At first EJ said he was entitled to compensation but now they have said because he didn’t board he is not entitled. Can anyone help? He hasn’t received a refund either as he thought the compensation was fair. Thank you
    • jpsartre
    • By jpsartre 13th Oct 18, 1:15 PM
    • 3,552 Posts
    • 2,257 Thanks
    jpsartre
    The way the Sturgeon ruling is worded, you are not entitled to delay compensation unless you actually arrive at your destination more than 3 hours late. You are only entitled to a refund if a flight is delayed more than 5 hours. So he may be out of luck.
    • Jude63
    • By Jude63 13th Oct 18, 1:23 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Jude63
    Thank you for your reply. Would he be entitled to any refund on the original cost?
    • jpsartre
    • By jpsartre 13th Oct 18, 1:54 PM
    • 3,552 Posts
    • 2,257 Thanks
    jpsartre
    Under EU regulations, only if the delay was more than 5 hours. I don't know if easyJet's own rules allow for anything, he'll have to check the T&C.
    • Chrisabian
    • By Chrisabian 16th Oct 18, 1:06 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Chrisabian
    Very convenient. Every single claim checker says we're due, surely it's a bull***t reason? Worth sending the NBA in and testing their resolve? Not sure I could go to court myself, suffer from bad anxiety so wouldn't be good for me. If I don't get anywhere I might have to give it to Botts.
    Originally posted by Chrisabian

Had some good news this morning.

After going through Easyjet's bulls**t process, we decided to give our claim to Botts this time last month to avoid the potential hassle of going to court myself etc.

They emailed me this morning and the airline are paying out, 400 euro's each minus Bott's cut. Happy days!

All that rigmarole for something we were legally entitled to, it's so wrong.
    • JPears
    • By JPears 16th Oct 18, 1:58 PM
    • 4,275 Posts
    • 1,168 Thanks
    JPears
    Well done.
    Now complete the CAA survey AND send a letter of complaint to the CAA stating clearly how much it has cost you to receive compensation/expenses you are legally entitled to.
    Last edited by JPears; 18-10-2018 at 9:01 AM.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

20Posts Today

4,221Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I'm v moved by many of ur comments on #10Things tonight. Very thankful it was seen in the spirit it was meant. I'm? https://t.co/JaeoPqIczM

• RT @MartinSLewis: Many asking about the free finanacial education textbook for schools - it's out in a couple of weeks - here's info https:?

• RT @psychotherapyMM: @MartinSLewis ?there?s a sacrifice? Most valuable point tonight. Success (however that looks) does not come easy. Nobo?

• Follow Martin