Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 169
    • JPears
    • By JPears 26th Sep 18, 12:28 PM
    • 4,412 Posts
    • 1,203 Thanks
    JPears
    To put it simply EJ are dicking you around in the hope you go away.
    Those claims are all perfectly valid, even the better class ticket, under the regulation.
    Its time to put a stop to EJ tomfoolery.
    Send your claim again (presumably you have a reference number etc) give them 14 days notice maximum as an NBA.
    In the meantime, start completing your N1 claim form for the small claims court, getting copies of all your receipts including conversion from Knona to at the most favourable rate ie now or the date of your cancelled trip.
    If you haven't already done so, read Vauban's superb guide on completing your court papers.
    I would be tempted to use N1 paper form if there are 5 of you rather than MCOL. ALthough it is unnclear if expenses payment are individually applied to each passenger or grouped.
    EJ wisely decided not to defend my court claim from 30th June 2018 and paid up. Although it still took 11 weeks from cancellation to payment. Compensation claim is currently with CEDR....
    Perhaps in your email to customer.services, copy in also to this email address:
    litigation@easyjet.com ?
    This is where it will go once you send in your N1 claim form.
    Last edited by JPears; 26-09-2018 at 12:31 PM.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
    • NickG85
    • By NickG85 27th Sep 18, 11:23 AM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    NickG85
    Cancelled Flight
    Hi, we had recently had a flight cancelled from Venice to London Gatwick, this was on 13th August 2018. Easy Jet arranged a flight home for us on the 15th August, we were provided a hotel and breakfast and had to take a car transfer that they arranged for the 15th which took us to Milan to then get on the new flight. So they got us home 2 days later than scheduled.
    I'm pretty sure that other flights were leaving Venice when our flight was cancelled because we were the only queue in the airport.
    Easy jet have informed me that they cannot provide compensation as the reason for the cancelled flight was due to bad weather conditions, an 'intense thunderstorm' overhead Venice which caused our plane that was inbound to divert to Verona, they even said they had to close the runway apparently. A bit strange because other flights were leaving Venice, if this bad weather was the case then the whole airport would have been filled with people from canceled flight surely?
    In addition, I'm sure that the next day, the 14th, flights were able to leave from Venice but we still had to wait 2 days to get home?
    Am I entitled to compensation for this as it was 2 days later that we got home and they couldn't arrange a flight home for us any sooner?

Thank you,

Nick.
    • Justice13075
    • By Justice13075 27th Sep 18, 11:43 AM
    • 1,521 Posts
    • 528 Thanks
    Justice13075
    Put your flight details into bottonline and euclaim and see what they say.
    • NickG85
    • By NickG85 27th Sep 18, 12:18 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    NickG85
    Update
    Hi, just a quick update, I have been online chat with them and the advisor has informed me that the flight wasn't cancelled due to weather conditions but a medical emergency which caused the crew to exceed their working hours.

So the ATC restrictions on crew working hours was the reason for our cancellation.

Does anyone know if I have a case for this?

Thanks,

Nick.
    • NickG85
    • By NickG85 27th Sep 18, 12:57 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    NickG85
    Cancelled Flight
    Hi.
    Bottonline says I can claim maybe 250 and euclaim says that there is no chance of a claim?

Thanks,

Nick.
    • JPears
    • By JPears 27th Sep 18, 1:46 PM
    • 4,412 Posts
    • 1,203 Thanks
    JPears
    Nick, that sounds a bit fishy to me.
    Changing a story from a potential EC you can check and prove or disprove, to a potential EC that is very difficult to check and prove or disprove unless you go to court.
    It would be unusual for flight to be cancelled due to crew hours/medical emergency, usually just delayed.
    What was your flight number and times? We maybe able to track the previous flight on planefinder.
    Remember the airlines' modus operandi is to deny the majority of claims, its a numbers game.

You may have to call their bluff and seek legal recovery.
    Or try CEDR if you have a "final position" letter from easyJet.

• JPears
    • By JPears 27th Sep 18, 1:47 PM
    • 4,412 Posts
    • 1,203 Thanks
    JPears
    Hi.
    Bottonline says I can claim maybe 250 and euclaim says that there is no chance of a claim?

Thanks,

Nick.
    Originally posted by NickG85
    botts tend to be optimistic. EUClaim less so on a claim validity.

• NickG85
    • By NickG85 27th Sep 18, 2:09 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    NickG85
    Cancelled Flight
    Hi, thanks for you reply.

Flight number was EZY8070 - Flying from Venice Marco Polo to Gatwick 13th August @ 21:50.

I've been told they will get back to me in 5-7 days from the result of our recent live chat so no final letter yet, I assume that's what I'll get in 5-7days.

Thanks,

Nick.
    • NickG85
    • By NickG85 27th Sep 18, 2:17 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    NickG85
    27th Sep 18, 1:09 PM
    Hi, thanks for you reply.

Flight number was EZY8070 - Flying from Venice Marco Polo to Gatwick 13th August @ 21:50.

I've been told they will get back to me in 5-7 days from the result of our recent live chat so no final letter yet, I assume that's what I'll get in 5-7days.

Thanks,

Nick.
    • Rosehip
    • By Rosehip 29th Sep 18, 7:26 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Rosehip
    Thanks JPears, have taken on board your suggestions, will let you know when claim excepted (ever the optimistic) Regards
    • helenkrill
    • By helenkrill 29th Sep 18, 8:20 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    helenkrill
    Flight Cancelled- Reclaiming costs
    Hi there
    Easyjet cancelled my flight 5 mins before we were scheduled to board. I have it in writing from Easyjet that the reason was due to Crew Welfare Issue - one of the crew became ill and there was no replacement crew due to a disrupted flight the day before.
    They issued me EU261 compensation immediately and refunded both my cancelled outbound flight and also my return flight (which was scheduled for 3 days later)
    We were unable to find an alternative flight within the following 24 hours so we rang the hotel and explained that we wouldn't be coming.
    I'm still out of pocket for paid expenses such as airport parking, transfers from airport to hotel and hotel costs - totalling over 350.
    Does anyone know if there is there any way I can claim this back please?
    The package holiday company, Easyjet and my travel insurance company all deny responsibility and tell me to ring the others.
    I'm going round in circles, surely i shouldn't be out of pocket for something beyond my control?
    TIA
    • JPears
    • By JPears 30th Sep 18, 2:48 PM
    • 4,412 Posts
    • 1,203 Thanks
    JPears
    If you bought a package holiday this should be covered.
    You need to look carefully at the regulations of your package cover.
    Cheap travel insurance is usually useless in these situations.

• Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 30th Sep 18, 7:54 PM
    • 1,755 Posts
    • 755 Thanks
    Tyzap
    Hi HelenKrill,

Did they offer you 261 comp for both cancelled flights?

If one qualifies so does the other, imo.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
    • rumpetroll
    • By rumpetroll 1st Oct 18, 9:50 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    rumpetroll
    Hi,

I was recently on an EJ flight from Geneva to Gatwick, the flight was delayed by around 4 hours. I put in a claim under EC261 which was promptly accepted and paid, I also claimed for 14.80 CHF for food and drink I bought, EJ have rejected this because I purchased it 28 minutes before the scheduled departure.

The only reason I bought the food and drink is because they had been telling us for nearly 2 hours beforehand about how long the delay was. I wouldn't have bought food at the airport had the flight not been delayed from a planned 7.10pm to an 11pm departure since I already had food ready at home but didn't really fancy eating at well past midnight. Shortly after I had eaten they started giving out 15CHF vouchers, which I didn't take since I had already eaten.

Did I screw up or is my claim valid? How can I contact EJ now, the email they sent me had no way of replying or info on what to do if I want to appeal. The CEDR website says I need a final written statement from EJ mentioning CEDR before I can appeal. Obviously I don't want to risk having to pay CEDR 25 if they reject my claim.

Do you think it's worth pursuing or am I just wasting my time and potentially 25?
    • jpsartre
    • By jpsartre 2nd Oct 18, 9:41 AM
    • 3,620 Posts
    • 2,287 Thanks
    jpsartre
    I also claimed for 14.80 CHF for food and drink I bought, EJ have rejected this because I purchased it 28 minutes before the scheduled departure.
    Originally posted by rumpetroll

Sounds completely spurious to me although there's no way I'd bother with CEDR over a 12 claim.
    • Slinky
    • By Slinky 4th Oct 18, 4:27 PM
    • 5,613 Posts
    • 26,384 Thanks
    Slinky
    We were delayed on the 10th December Milan Malpensa to Luton flight when there was snow at Luton and the airport was shut for a while. The outgoing flight was late arriving, we got on the aircraft then the pilot came out and announced the 4.20am departure slot they'd just been given would take them over their hours so we had to get off the plane and spent the night in the airport as they couldn't find a replacement crew and it was too late to sort hotels etc. They cancelled and rescheduled the flight and we eventually got back about 12 hours late.

Easyjet have just rejected the claim due to weather. Would a lack of replacement crew be a reason for compensation?
    Originally posted by Slinky
    Our flight was scheduled as EZY2286 to depart at 21.55 on 10th December. We finally got onto the aircraft at about 1.15am in the morning, only for the pilot to announce they'd been given a 4.20am departure slot which took them over their hours. Back into the airport, a lot of hanging around for about an hour whilst the ground crew consulted their computer and took some phone calls, all in Italian which we don't speak, and eventually at about 2.30am they told us we would not be departing until the morning. They told us we should be departing at 6.30am which given checkin was required 2 hours before, meant that going to a hotel wasn't an option for most of us. At some ungodly hour we queued up and were checked in again as flight EZY9286 scheduled to leave at 7.15am. Overnight there was snow and ice in Milan, the aircraft had to be deiced and we didn't take off until about 9.30am arriving back at about 11.30am.

Sorry, can't find details of the delayed outgoing flight we flew back on but it originated in Luton where there was snow.
    I think we'll push it in Botts direction and hope for the best. 70+% of something is worth much more than 100% of nothing which is all we're being offered by EJ at the moment. OH lost a day's pay which is more than we'll get back if we get any compo.

Just to catch up on this thread, we've heard today from Botts that EJ will be paying compensation. They tried wriggling, had to prove we'd flown with them (fortunately we'd kept our tickets) as at one point they said they couldn't find us on the manifest.
    • JPears
    • By JPears 4th Oct 18, 5:31 PM
    • 4,412 Posts
    • 1,203 Thanks
    JPears
    Well done.
    EJ claims department seemingly run by idiots...

• LondonGirlie
    • By LondonGirlie 6th Oct 18, 9:02 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    LondonGirlie
    Hi,
    Does anyone know if I can claim for a diversion? Was due to fly into Dubrovnik at 10:15am, pilot couldn’t land due to high winds. We circled but winds didn’t drop so diverted to Zagreb, we then had a couple of hours on the tarmac while they decided what to do and then told we would have to be taken by coach, we finally arrived in Dubrovnik at 11:45pm. People on the flight were complaining saying there were much closer airports he could have diverted to, is this relevant? Any advice gratefully received
    • jpsartre
    • By jpsartre 6th Oct 18, 9:15 AM
    • 3,620 Posts
    • 2,287 Thanks
    jpsartre
    People on the flight were complaining saying there were much closer airports he could have diverted to, is this relevant?
    Originally posted by LondonGirlie

Probably not.
    • LondonGirlie
    • By LondonGirlie 6th Oct 18, 9:37 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    LondonGirlie
    So would a claim still be worthwhile though even if that is not relevant?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

136Posts Today

2,468Users online

Martin's Twitter