Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 166
    • JPears
    • By JPears 14th Sep 18, 5:56 PM
    • 4,360 Posts
    • 1,193 Thanks
    JPears
    If the was fog at your airport delaying or cancelling your incoming or actual flight home then probably no compensation due. But, how long were you delayed due to the cancellation. If you don't get payment within 3-4 days send an email marked as NBA with your case reference etc giving 14 days. Then send court papers in.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
    • oxuk85
    • By oxuk85 14th Sep 18, 8:22 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    oxuk85
    Hello all,

Quick question for those of you whom have been successful with their delay flight compensation request.

EasyJetsent me an email on the 4th of August to tell me that my claim had been reviewed and I was entitled to compensation; in this email they mention I need to allow at least 14 days for the money to arrive in my account. It has been over a month but so far I have not received anything.

Any advise will be much appreciated.

Thanks,
    • Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 14th Sep 18, 8:30 PM
    • 1,730 Posts
    • 749 Thanks
    Tyzap
    Hello all,

Quick question for those of you whom have been successful with their delay flight compensation request.

EasyJetsent me an email on the 4th of August to tell me that my claim had been reviewed and I was entitled to compensation; in this email they mention I need to allow at least 14 days for the money to arrive in my account. It has been over a month but so far I have not received anything.

Any advise will be much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Originally posted by oxuk85
    Hi oxuk85,

Send them a LBA with 14 days notice of court action. See Vaubans guide, details below here, for LBA template etc.

Good luck.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
    • marksct
    • By marksct 14th Sep 18, 8:55 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    marksct
    what date was your flight?
    Originally posted by Caz3121
    Was Friday 31 Aug. Last outbound flight of the day..

Hi marksct,

CEDR only seem to charge a fee if the claim is vexatious or deliberately pointless. I don't know of any cases where a failed claim has resulted in a charge, so don't let that put you off referring to CEDR.

Good luck.
    Originally posted by Tyzap
    OK thanks! Might as well give it a try I guess
    • JPears
    • By JPears 15th Sep 18, 10:11 AM
    • 4,360 Posts
    • 1,193 Thanks
    JPears
    CEDR almost as slow as airlines in response.
    Claim submitted 13/08. Took them until 30/08 to decide they wanted more information from me, submitted that day.
    2 days after their own deadline of 13th Sept, not a dickie bird, despite a query.
    Experience so far?
    Very Slow process.
    Website very cluncky and not easy to use.
    Poor communication.

If I'd gone MCOL could have all been over by now...

• legal magpie
    • By legal magpie 15th Sep 18, 12:30 PM
    • 955 Posts
    • 412 Thanks
    legal magpie
    Not sure that agree agree that MCOL would have been quicker. They have 28 days to file a defence, then directions questionnaires sent out and finally a hearing date. Date will be at least 3 months on.
    • Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 15th Sep 18, 2:58 PM
    • 1,730 Posts
    • 749 Thanks
    Tyzap
    Was Friday 31 Aug. Last outbound flight of the day..

OK thanks! Might as well give it a try I guess
    Originally posted by marksct
    A bit of info to get you started.

I can not find anything online regarding an ATC strike or ATC restrictions.

You aircraft was G-EZIZ an A319. It's movements that day, prior to your flight were as follows. (time roughly accurate and all in UTC)

U28571 LGW D7.48 - BCN A9.24
    U28572 BCN D11.33 - LGW A13.30

U28185 LGW D14.50 - LIN A16.18
    U28186 LIN D18.18 - LGW A19.56

U28359 LGW D21.18 - NCE A22.50

Good luck.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
    • OogieBoogie
    • By OogieBoogie 16th Sep 18, 10:10 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    OogieBoogie
    If you don't get payment within 3-4 days send an email marked as NBA with your case reference etc giving 14 days. Then send court papers in.
    Originally posted by JPears

Sorry, I'm a total newbie on here can anyone explain what NBA stands for? All acronym busting sites seem to US based.
    Last edited by OogieBoogie; 16-09-2018 at 10:21 AM.
    • Caz3121
    • By Caz3121 16th Sep 18, 10:26 AM
    • 11,565 Posts
    • 7,556 Thanks
    Caz3121
    NBA = notice before (court) action
    (sometimes called LBA - Letter before action)
    • OogieBoogie
    • By OogieBoogie 17th Sep 18, 10:54 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    OogieBoogie
    Cheers Caz,

I'd looked up LBA, didn't realise NBA mean's the same thing.

One question for anyone who knows. What is the correct order of procedure here, should I make a formal complaint to EasyJet first or just hit them with the NBA?
    • JPears
    • By JPears 17th Sep 18, 11:19 AM
    • 4,360 Posts
    • 1,193 Thanks
    JPears
    No point messing around, that's what they want.
    Just send the NBA/LBA.
    Hopefully payment will follow promptly.

• SophieS9
    • By SophieS9 18th Sep 18, 9:39 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    SophieS9
    Hi Everyone,

Looking for advice. Flight with EasyJet from Edinburgh to London Gatwick was cancelled (and we've been confirmed compensation for this, though haven't seen it yet). EasyJet booked us onto flights that day from Edinburgh to London Stansted as no more Gatwick flights that day. I had trains booked from LGW to the city and these were missed. EasyJet staff told us that we would be reimbursed for new transfers from Stansted to the city, so we booked a taxi. I've put in a reimbursement claim for the taxi but it's been denied on the grounds "After checking the details of the disrupted flight, unfortunately we cannot offer you reimbursement for the alternate transport you arranged as we had flights available within 48 hours." Is this correct? If it's not, how best to dispute?

Thanks!
    Last edited by SophieS9; 18-09-2018 at 9:43 AM.
    • OogieBoogie
    • By OogieBoogie 18th Sep 18, 10:21 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    OogieBoogie
    Today I received the 627 expenses from EasyJet.

Only 12 or 13 weeks since the flight was cancelled on June 21st.
    • JPears
    • By JPears 18th Sep 18, 10:57 AM
    • 4,360 Posts
    • 1,193 Thanks
    JPears
    Well done oogie.
    What about your compensation claim?

• jpsartre
    • By jpsartre 18th Sep 18, 12:23 PM
    • 3,581 Posts
    • 2,274 Thanks
    jpsartre
    I had trains booked from LGW to the city and these were missed. EasyJet staff told us that we would be reimbursed for new transfers from Stansted to the city, so we booked a taxi. I've put in a reimbursement claim for the taxi but it's been denied on the grounds "After checking the details of the disrupted flight, unfortunately we cannot offer you reimbursement for the alternate transport you arranged as we had flights available within 48 hours." Is this correct?
    Originally posted by SophieS9

No, it's not correct. EU261 says that when you are rerouted to a different airport serving the same area, "the operating air carrier shall bear the cost of transferring the passenger from that alternative airport either to that for which the booking was made, or to another close-by destination agreed with the passenger" (my italics). The potential problem, of course, will be to prove that you in fact made this agreement with easyJet staff since I'm guessing you got nothing in writing.
    • SophieS9
    • By SophieS9 18th Sep 18, 12:42 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    SophieS9
    No, it's not correct. EU261 says that when you are rerouted to a different airport serving the same area, "the operating air carrier shall bear the cost of transferring the passenger from that alternative airport either to that for which the booking was made, or to another close-by destination agreed with the passenger" (my italics). The potential problem, of course, will be to prove that you in fact made this agreement with easyJet staff since I'm guessing you got nothing in writing.
    Originally posted by jpsartre
    Yeah unfortunately nothing in writing, I assumed that the EasyJet staff at the airport were telling the truth and that this would all be straightforward! This is my first cancelled flight, I've learnt so much. I'll try to dispute it, but it might be a lost cause! Thanks!
    • JPears
    • By JPears 20th Sep 18, 4:53 PM
    • 4,360 Posts
    • 1,193 Thanks
    JPears
    Not sure that agree agree that MCOL would have been quicker. They have 28 days to file a defence, then directions questionnaires sent out and finally a hearing date. Date will be at least 3 months on.
    Originally posted by legal magpie
    I did say "could have been over by now"
    Another week on, past CEDR's own deadline for response and nothing. 2 messages posted on the discussion board and separate email sent.

Not a dickie bird.

• legal magpie
    • By legal magpie 20th Sep 18, 6:08 PM
    • 955 Posts
    • 412 Thanks
    legal magpie
    Yeah unfortunately nothing in writing, I assumed that the EasyJet staff at the airport were telling the truth and that this would all be straightforward! This is my first cancelled flight, I've learnt so much. I'll try to dispute it, but it might be a lost cause! Thanks!
    Originally posted by SophieS9
    I would not give this up. It is an unarguable fact that your flight to Gatwick was cancelled and that you were transferred to Stansted. That, plus your own evidence will be more than enough to convince a Judge of your claim. If EJ want to contest it in court they will have to call the person who rearranged your flight as a witness to give evidence that you are lying. So I recommend a 14 day LBA and if they still don't pay, sue them.
    • JPears
    • By JPears 21st Sep 18, 10:16 AM
    • 4,360 Posts
    • 1,193 Thanks
    JPears
    EJ have just responded to my NBA/LBA email regarding expenses refund... of 19th July......... 2 months after taking them to court and getting paid...

The reply rambles on about looking into my "compensation claim".
    There is no mention of a compensation claim in my email.

I really do wonder how they run a company if they they have numpties like this working for it.

On a positive note CEDR has finally got of the ground and EJ have until 12 October to defend or pay up for the compensation claim.
    Last edited by JPears; 21-09-2018 at 10:35 AM.

• legal magpie
    • By legal magpie 21st Sep 18, 5:35 PM
    • 955 Posts
    • 412 Thanks
    legal magpie
    This case only goes to show that the airlines will plod along with cases in their own time and it is only when someone sta rats Court prodceedings that they sit up and start treating the matter seriously.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,628Posts Today

6,430Users online

Martin's Twitter