Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 162
    • JPears
    • By JPears 10th Aug 18, 7:59 PM
    • 4,248 Posts
    • 1,159 Thanks
    JPears
    Welcome, download Vauban's superb guide.
    Your friends are probably due compensation and also the additional costs of ferry/car travel.
    The latter maybe tricky to extract from easyJet if they took a refund....
    They potentially have to show a judge that easyJet did not give them all options available under regulation 261/2004. They don't.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
    • MikeJO
    • By MikeJO 11th Aug 18, 1:42 PM
    • 331 Posts
    • 279 Thanks
    MikeJO
    I think you can get hold of them on facebook but if you don't subscribe to facebook send them a letter before action and give them 14 days to pay then sue them if they don't
    Originally posted by Justice13075
    I spoke to someone via their online chat on their contact page and she said she'll fast-track it and I'll get an email within 48 hours. We'll see, not holding my breath.
    “Procrastination is my middle name....well it would be if I could be ar**d to contact Deed Poll."
    • Archergirl
    • By Archergirl 11th Aug 18, 1:56 PM
    • 1,216 Posts
    • 702 Thanks
    Archergirl
    Our EJ flight was delayed and I want to see if I can claim but I can't put the booking number into the form, you just can't type into the box.

Should I just fill the rest of the form in or will they reject it if no booking number?
    EZY8998 07th Aug
    • Justice13075
    • By Justice13075 11th Aug 18, 2:19 PM
    • 1,447 Posts
    • 519 Thanks
    Justice13075
    Put your flight details into bottonline and euclaim and see what they say about compensation.
    • Archergirl
    • By Archergirl 11th Aug 18, 2:30 PM
    • 1,216 Posts
    • 702 Thanks
    Archergirl
    Lol, one says yes, one says no.........
    • Justice13075
    • By Justice13075 11th Aug 18, 2:45 PM
    • 1,447 Posts
    • 519 Thanks
    Justice13075
    what were the circumstances of your delay
    • sentosa
    • By sentosa 11th Aug 18, 2:47 PM
    • 42 Posts
    • 21 Thanks
    sentosa
    [QUOTE=JPears;74644410]Welcome, download Vauban's superb guide.
    Your friends are probably due compensation and also the additional costs of ferry/car travel.
    The latter maybe tricky to extract from easyJet if they took a refund....
    They potentially have to show a judge that easyJet did not give them all options available under regulation 261/2004. They don't.[/QUOTE

Thank You JPears,
    I did think, that, as they had already have a refund it might be tricky.
    I will forward Vauban's Guide and they can decide if they want to go ahead.
    • jpsartre
    • By jpsartre 11th Aug 18, 2:53 PM
    • 3,548 Posts
    • 2,256 Thanks
    jpsartre
    Lol, one says yes, one says no.........
    Originally posted by Archergirl

Let me guess - Bott says yes and EUClaim says no? Bott's tool is essentially worthless and will tell you you have a claim for any delay more than 3 hours.
    • MikeJO
    • By MikeJO 11th Aug 18, 2:59 PM
    • 331 Posts
    • 279 Thanks
    MikeJO
    I spoke to someone via their online chat on their contact page and she said she'll fast-track it and I'll get an email within 48 hours. We'll see, not holding my breath.
    Originally posted by MikeJO
    Got an email virtually straight away apologising for the delay and saying I'll have £702.24 within fourteen days.
    “Procrastination is my middle name....well it would be if I could be ar**d to contact Deed Poll."
    • JPears
    • By JPears 11th Aug 18, 4:36 PM
    • 4,248 Posts
    • 1,159 Thanks
    JPears
    Spent a frustrating hour trying to submit my compensation claim to CEDR.
    Keeps crashing when submitting details of actual claim/amount on page 6. tried 2 different computers and 3 different browsers. Grrr....
    I suppose that's one way of cutting down on the numbers of claims...

• Archergirl
    • By Archergirl 11th Aug 18, 6:01 PM
    • 1,216 Posts
    • 702 Thanks
    Archergirl
    Justice13075 Not really sure, they said weather but I heard mutterings about crew shortage.
    • Justice13075
    • By Justice13075 11th Aug 18, 6:26 PM
    • 1,447 Posts
    • 519 Thanks
    Justice13075
    Download Vaubans guide on page 6 is a template letter fill it in with your details and give them 14 days to reply if they say no come back
    • mrs lds
    • By mrs lds 11th Aug 18, 7:27 PM
    • 3,805 Posts
    • 21,653 Thanks
    mrs lds
    Please can someone point out to me the template letter on page 6 cant see it!!!! for easy jet for a flight delayed over 3 hours . Thank you in advance,
    • MikeJO
    • By MikeJO 11th Aug 18, 9:14 PM
    • 331 Posts
    • 279 Thanks
    MikeJO
    Please can someone point out to me the template letter on page 6 cant see it!!!! for easy jet for a flight delayed over 3 hours . Thank you in advance,
    Originally posted by mrs lds
    If you landed more than three hours late you shouldn't need a letter, eJ's online claim form should be enough.

https://www.easyjet.com/en/claim/welfare
    • Archergirl
    • By Archergirl 13th Aug 18, 12:14 PM
    • 1,216 Posts
    • 702 Thanks
    Archergirl
    The claim form isn't working, it won't allow you to put in the flight number......Also I can't see the template letter.
    Last edited by Archergirl; 13-08-2018 at 12:17 PM.
    • Caz3121
    • By Caz3121 13th Aug 18, 12:25 PM
    • 11,499 Posts
    • 7,519 Thanks
    Caz3121
    maybe try a different browser, form works fine for me - you don't need any letters for the flight number...just the number
    • Archergirl
    • By Archergirl 13th Aug 18, 12:58 PM
    • 1,216 Posts
    • 702 Thanks
    Archergirl
    Doh, silly me.........Now I have finished it and it says you must add an expense and give a receipt, I don't have any expenses and didn't want to claim for them just the delayed flight, why am I making such hard work of this?
    • Caz3121
    • By Caz3121 13th Aug 18, 1:06 PM
    • 11,499 Posts
    • 7,519 Thanks
    Caz3121
    Doh, silly me.........Now I have finished it and it says you must add an expense and give a receipt, I don't have any expenses and didn't want to claim for them just the delayed flight, why am I making such hard work of this?
    Originally posted by Archergirl
    you want this link then if it is compensation only https://www.easyjet.com/en/claim/eu261
    • JPears
    • By JPears 13th Aug 18, 1:18 PM
    • 4,248 Posts
    • 1,159 Thanks
    JPears
    Yeah EJ have 2 different webforms - one for compensation, one for expenses.

Finally managed to CEDR form submitted.....

• Archergirl
    • By Archergirl 13th Aug 18, 4:16 PM
    • 1,216 Posts
    • 702 Thanks
    Archergirl
    Done, thank you for your patience everyone..............
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,118Posts Today

8,011Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Today's Twitter poll: Should fracking be allowed in the UK? A test site reopened this week to much local protest.? https://t.co/orpNJN6Bf9

• Lovely package on #newsnight just now about Brexit hitchhiking, livened up what has been not the most exciting show.

• Is this is a serious tweet or a joke? Why did I mention he was a cyclist - because he was a cyclist. Eh? https://t.co/F1SP7UJZkH

• Follow Martin