Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 145
    • unforeseen
    • By unforeseen 31st Mar 18, 4:24 PM
    • 2,858 Posts
    • 3,687 Thanks
    unforeseen
    Any exception would be goodwill. Budget carriers aren't renowned for goodwill
    • z1a
    • By z1a 31st Mar 18, 4:28 PM
    • 1,432 Posts
    • 1,376 Thanks
    z1a
    "Denied refreshments" For 2 hours, how did you manage to survive?
    • BDDazza
    • By BDDazza 1st Apr 18, 1:05 PM
    • 33 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    BDDazza
    "Denied refreshments" For 2 hours, how did you manage to survive?
    Originally posted by z1a
    I was fine, however 2 of the 5 passengers were children and an infant.

Any exception would be goodwill. Budget carriers aren't renowned for goodwill
    Originally posted by unforeseen
    I will email them and see if they can make a concession.
    • unforeseen
    • By unforeseen 1st Apr 18, 1:18 PM
    • 2,858 Posts
    • 3,687 Thanks
    unforeseen

Originally posted by BDDazza
    And how will compensation help?

You took young children on a minimum 90 minute journey and didn't think to carry drinks and possibly nibbles for them?
    • photome
    • By photome 1st Apr 18, 1:44 PM
    • 13,401 Posts
    • 8,937 Thanks
    photome

I guess the children and infant survived.

what compensation do you want? why didnt you take a drink onboard with you?

I am flabbergasted
    • Caz3121
    • By Caz3121 1st Apr 18, 2:12 PM
    • 11,370 Posts
    • 7,458 Thanks
    Caz3121
    did they sell refreshments onboard?
    If you purchased items then you could try sending your receipt in for reimbursement...if you didn't purchase anything there is nothing to be reimbursed
    • Ganga
    • By Ganga 1st Apr 18, 3:48 PM
    • 1,178 Posts
    • 600 Thanks
    Ganga
    Hi.

I was on a flight from Edinburgh to London, the flight was due to arrive at 4:30PM, however it arrived at 6:40PM. A delay of about 2hr and 10 minutes.

Our request for refreshments onboard the aircraft was repeatedly denied. Easy Jet claimed that an announcement was made at the gate to collect refreshments, however we never heard this announcement so I can not validate whether this is true or not.

Is there any recourse for financial compensation? I understand that 3hrs is in the EU guidelines but are there exceptions?

Also is there any compensation process for being denied refreshments?

Thank You in advance to everyone that replies.

Kind regards
    BDDazza
    Compo culture at its finest.
    ITS NOT EASY TO GET EVERYTHING WRONG ,I HAVE TO WORK HARD TO DO IT!
    • jpsartre
    • By jpsartre 1st Apr 18, 6:40 PM
    • 3,380 Posts
    • 2,168 Thanks
    jpsartre
    Surely their parents were there to provide for them? How much refreshments do people need for a 2 hour delay anyway?
    • BDDazza
    • By BDDazza 2nd Apr 18, 9:51 AM
    • 33 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    BDDazza
    And how will compensation help?

You took young children on a minimum 90 minute journey and didn't think to carry drinks and possibly nibbles for them?
    Originally posted by unforeseen
    Surely I am not overacting if a multinational company like Easy Jet violated EU legislation. I thought the burden is on them to provide nibbles if the flight is delayed?

did they sell refreshments onboard?
    If you purchased items then you could try sending your receipt in for reimbursement...if you didn't purchase anything there is nothing to be reimbursed
    Originally posted by Caz3121
    They tried to charge us for food onboard. Luckily, we had sweets and crisps from the airport. If I can find a bank statement for the airport snacks would Easy Jet consider it?
    Last edited by BDDazza; 02-04-2018 at 9:58 AM.
    • jpsartre
    • By jpsartre 2nd Apr 18, 11:31 AM
    • 3,380 Posts
    • 2,168 Thanks
    jpsartre
    Surely I am not overacting if a multinational company like Easy Jet violated EU legislation.
    By not giving out a £3 voucher? I'd say that's an overreaction. And we don't even know if they violated anything, all we know is that you didn't hear the announcement about vouchers.
    • JPears
    • By JPears 2nd Apr 18, 11:42 AM
    • 4,031 Posts
    • 1,106 Thanks
    JPears
    Pointless Thread Closed?
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
    • Philg1987
    • By Philg1987 4th Apr 18, 4:22 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Philg1987
    Expenses claim
    Afternoon.

Iíve just had a compensation claim declined by Easyjet off the back of a cancelled flight due to the air traffic controller strike in Italy in March (our trip to Venice was extended by 2 days until the next available flight) an I was wondering:

A. Is it worth me appealing?
    B. We were told we should be able to claim back our expenses for those extra 2 days, so could the decline the expenses claim that Iíve logged, also?

Thanks
    • jpsartre
    • By jpsartre 4th Apr 18, 4:38 PM
    • 3,380 Posts
    • 2,168 Thanks
    jpsartre
    A. Is it worth me appealing?
    Originally posted by Philg1987
    If the cancellation was a direct consequence of the ATC strike, no. Your expense claim is another issue, easyJet has duty of care regardless of the reason why the flight was cancelled.
    • Philg1987
    • By Philg1987 5th Apr 18, 12:06 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Philg1987
    Thanks for your response. Iíve just live chatted someone at Easyjet and they have said that my expenses claim has also been rejected, even though they said to me that I would be able to claim back what we spent for the extra 2 days...

Surely that cant be right? Any ideas where I go to next with this?
    • legal magpie
    • By legal magpie 5th Apr 18, 12:18 PM
    • 896 Posts
    • 393 Thanks
    legal magpie
    Ask them why they have rejected your claim and if you're not satisfied send them a letter before action and sue them
    • travellingred
    • By travellingred 12th Apr 18, 2:31 PM
    • 25 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    travellingred
    Hi

I flew from Prague to Manchester on EZY1802 on 25th March. The flight was delayed 2 hours due to Easyjet reallocating aircraft. It arrived in Manchester at 00.43 in the morning, after the last train had departed from the airport station for the night.

I know that the delay wasn't long enough for the statutory compensation to kick in, however has anyone had any success in getting Easyjet to reimburse taxi fares incurred due to my inability to use my train ticket as a result of the delay?

Thanks!
    • JPears
    • By JPears 12th Apr 18, 2:52 PM
    • 4,031 Posts
    • 1,106 Thanks
    JPears
    Unlikley. Point to point airlines like EJ are not known for their goodwill. Their responsibilty ends at the point when you step off the aircraft.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
    • attila_
    • By attila_ 13th Apr 18, 8:49 PM
    • 429 Posts
    • 179 Thanks
    attila_
    Hi, I was one of the unfortunate 15,000 people that were caught on the fiasco at Stansted Airport on the 30 March 2018. A bus caught fire at the entrance and after 5-6 hours all flights were cancelled.

The confusion was like nothing I'd seen before.

I was booked on an Easyjet flight to Naples which was cancelled. The easyjet staff said at the airport to go through the easyjet website and all claims and expenses would be refunded including staying at hotels etc.

I managed to book a flight for the next day. I submitted a compensation claim for the original cost of the flight and the response I had is as follows:

Claim decision: Declined
    Decision summary: Weíre sorry that your flight to Naples was cancelled. Our assessment and legal team has carefully reviewed your claim and the circumstances around your flight and have confirmed that your compensation claim is not eligible for compensation payment under EU Regulation EU261/2004. Please note that this may not match with the information you were given on the day of travel, as our staff in airports, and on-board, may not have had all the information concerning your cancelled flight.

Surely Easyjet should be able to claim against Stansted Airport? Is there any way I can challenge their decision?

Thank you
    • Caz3121
    • By Caz3121 13th Apr 18, 9:07 PM
    • 11,370 Posts
    • 7,458 Thanks
    Caz3121
    I submitted a compensation claim for the original cost of the flight and the response I had is as follows:
    Originally posted by attila_
    maybe they thought you were claiming EU261 compensation (which would not apply) rather than a refund of your original ticket for the cancelled flight, which you are clearly entitled to.
    Expenses during the delay are covered under EU261 Duty of Care so this is what would be reimbursed but no fixed fee compensation from he airline
    • attila_
    • By attila_ 13th Apr 18, 9:20 PM
    • 429 Posts
    • 179 Thanks
    attila_
    Ah thank you very much! Indeed I have clicked refund on the easyjet and it just says refund pending. It just thought this compensation would override the refund.

In terms of claiming expenses - I had an hotel for the night but had to buy alternative flights to get to my destination in time which cost significantly more than the original ones which I hope to get a refund.

What are the chances of being able to claim the for the additional cost incurred due to the cancellation?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

413Posts Today

5,537Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin