Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 142
    • RibZed
    • By RibZed 27th Feb 18, 8:01 AM
    • 20 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    RibZed
    Vauban - as per the above. It makes a mockery of ADR then because my claim is now going to go to court. The arbitrator had the power to ask for that evidence and the fact that I didn't provide it 'straight off the bat' should be irrelevant.

Also, it wasn't CEDR's decision to refuse to bundle the cases together; it was the arbitrators. CEDR accepted my case for all passengers on all booking references. It was the arbitrator who kicked out the other booking references and I can find nothing within the Scheme Rules which give him the power to do this.

Either way, I'm done with CEDR and now having to waste time and money on taking this to court. Whilst I can hold up my hands and say it would have been oh so simple to have uploaded the receipts - the fact that I didn't and the case is now going to court because of it should be seen more as a failure of ADR than me, the poor little passenger.
    • RibZed
    • By RibZed 27th Feb 18, 8:23 AM
    • 20 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    RibZed
    In relation to MCOL, would anyone advise me splitting the claims out into the 3 booking references or keeping them together as 1?

Personally, I would much rather keep them in one case because of (a) cost (b) admin (c) it better illustrates the inequity of how EJ reimbursed different amounts for identical receipts.

Pros/Cons/Advice would be appreciated (and I will include the receipts in the claim )
    • Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 27th Feb 18, 9:32 AM
    • 1,443 Posts
    • 656 Thanks
    Tyzap
    RibZeb,

I no expert in this field but I believe that you can only use the online MCOL form for one claimant. You must use the paper form for more.

If you were the lead passenger I also believe that you can aggregate all the claims but you must also submit signed forms of authority from each claimant. Not sure of the form numbers.

Legal Magpie, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Good luck.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
    • legal magpie
    • By legal magpie 27th Feb 18, 7:47 PM
    • 888 Posts
    • 391 Thanks
    legal magpie
    RibZeb,

I no expert in this field but I believe that you can only use the online MCOL form for one claimant. You must use the paper form for more.

If you were the lead passenger I also believe that you can aggregate all the claims but you must also submit signed forms of authority from each claimant. Not sure of the form numbers.

Legal Magpie, please correct me if I'm wrong.
    Originally posted by Tyzap
    False modesty, methinks!,
    You are spot on. You can't use MCOL for more than one Claimant. They have been talking about changing it but the technology they use is now pretty old and I doubt whether they will.
    • RibZed
    • By RibZed 27th Feb 18, 10:10 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    RibZed
    Thank you both!

Looks like it!!!8217;s the paper route to continue with 1 claim then. Onwards and upwards...
    • RibZed
    • By RibZed 27th Feb 18, 10:19 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    RibZed
    Would another alternative to paper claims be for me to administer each claim separately on-line?

In other words, will MCOL allow me to represent the claimants on the other booking references if I raise 3 separate cases (one of which is mine anyway)?

Means I do have to raise 3 cases but on line might outweigh the paper hassle. Would appreciate any thoughts.
    • JPears
    • By JPears 28th Feb 18, 10:59 AM
    • 3,776 Posts
    • 1,045 Thanks
    JPears
    Or you raise one claim, hopefully get your win then press EJ for a speedy resolution of the other claims with your legal judgement?
    It will cost more to do seperate claims.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
    • legal magpie
    • By legal magpie 28th Feb 18, 12:07 PM
    • 888 Posts
    • 391 Thanks
    legal magpie
    And if you do 3 separate claims for, say, members of the same family you could run into the argument that the Defendant should only have to pay one Court fee
    • RibZed
    • By RibZed 28th Feb 18, 12:14 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    RibZed
    Thanks JP and Legal

Yes, sounds like good advice! I wonder if another option could be to raise just my claim via MCOL but see if I have more luck pushing the other 2 as individual claims to my friends at CEDR. At least it would enable me to 'triple track' all 3 items rather than wait for resolution of the MCOL case before progressing the other 2.

Thank you both, very useful food for thought.
    • naf123
    • By naf123 2nd Mar 18, 1:06 PM
    • 1,158 Posts
    • 1,250 Thanks
    naf123
    easyjet refusing to pay expenses
    Hello,

I had a flight cancellation and I did actually get a text from easyjet saying please arrange your own transfer to the airport.

So when I submitted my taxi claim it was rejected - they said they provided buses and transport.

Not quite sure how to formalise this - I want my taxi expense back (83 euros)!

Is the best thing to do is just to write to easyjet head office?

Many thanks
    • lisyloo
    • By lisyloo 2nd Mar 18, 1:13 PM
    • 21,877 Posts
    • 10,581 Thanks
    lisyloo
    Do you still have the text?
    I would send them a letter before action to their head office.

They promised me compensation for a lost seat, which we gave up when transferred to a smaller aircraft.
    I got it in writing from the cabin steward and had the time of the call and the offer was authorised by the airports liason officer.
    They tried every trick in the book to get out of paying including claiming the offer wasn't authorised (it was).
    Fortunately I had all the details recorded - times, names and they paid up but I thought it was dispicable to try to wiggle their way out of an offer that THEY made.

Go for the jugular is my advice.
    Keep the text.
    Send a "letter before action" - highlighted in bold to their head office and pay 75p (or whatever it is now) for recorded delivery and keep the receipt.
    Send a photo of the text.

online is hopeless as you get no confirmation so you have no proof you send anything.
    If you send a letter you can get proof that you sent it (which is good enough for the courts) at little cost.
    • naf123
    • By naf123 2nd Mar 18, 1:15 PM
    • 1,158 Posts
    • 1,250 Thanks
    naf123
    Do you still have the text?
    I would send them a letter before action to their head office.

They promised me compensation for a lost seat, which we gave up when transferred to a smaller aircraft.
    I got it in writing from the cabin steward and had the time of the call and the offer was authorised by the airports liason officer.
    They tried every trick in the book to get out of paying including claiming the offer wasn't authorised (it was).
    Fortunately I had all the details recorded - times, names and they paid up but I thought it was dispicable to try to wiggle their way out of an offer that THEY made.

Go for the jugular is my advice.
    Keep the text.
    Send a "letter before action" - highlighted in bold to their head office and pay 75p (or whatever it is now) for recorded delivery and keep the receipt.
    Send a photo of the text.

online is hopeless as you get no confirmation so you have no proof you send anything.
    If you send a letter you can get proof that you sent it (which is good enough for the courts) at little cost.
    Originally posted by lisyloo
    Thank you.

Is there any template of a letter before action?

Many thanks
    • ampersand
    • By ampersand 2nd Mar 18, 1:22 PM
    • 8,434 Posts
    • 32,798 Thanks
    ampersand
    op - just a rider to ll's advice, re: sending snailmail RD.

This can work against sender, in that, without a specific name and contemporaneous knowledge of that person's continuing relevant employment, the letter can be ignored/refused.

This is explained on the parking tickets forum - same rationale.
    op - do YOU have a specific name/employment title for a relevant staff member?
    What you MUST obtain for any correspondence is a Certificate of Posting.

Courts deem [despite sell-out of RM] that 'any letter posted with a 1st-class stamp is deemed delivered within 48 hours'.
    ~
    op - wondering if you'd done any lbc research before asking others[never a good omission] I find this advice many times.
    'Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
    Last edited by ampersand; 02-03-2018 at 1:27 PM.
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT&BUDGET HELP:01274 760720, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• naf123
    • By naf123 2nd Mar 18, 1:35 PM
    • 1,158 Posts
    • 1,250 Thanks
    naf123
    I have done some research it seems most of it is focused on flight compensation rather than expenses....

Mines was canceled due to fog so I am not looking for compensation.
    • lisyloo
    • By lisyloo 2nd Mar 18, 4:19 PM
    • 21,877 Posts
    • 10,581 Thanks
    lisyloo
    Is there any template of a letter before action?
    I didn't use a template but I did.
    Make it very clear it was a letter before action i.e. in big font and highlighted.
    Clearly stated the issue.
    Clearly stated what I wanted them to do.
    Included all my evidence.
    • jpsartre
    • By jpsartre 2nd Mar 18, 4:22 PM
    • 3,269 Posts
    • 2,122 Thanks
    jpsartre
    What were the circumstances of this incident? I've never heard of an airline arranging for transport to an airport unless it was for stranded passengers that were put up at a hotel the day before. And why would you even need to make your way to the airport if your flight was cancelled?
    • naf123
    • By naf123 2nd Mar 18, 4:29 PM
    • 1,158 Posts
    • 1,250 Thanks
    naf123
    What were the circumstances of this incident? I've never heard of an airline arranging for transport to an airport unless it was for stranded passengers that were put up at a hotel the day before. And why would you even need to make your way to the airport if your flight was cancelled?
    Originally posted by jpsartre
    That's what happened - fog in Innsbruck (Austria ) flight cancelled . Transferred to Munich by coach , put in a hotel , flight the next day (over 24 hours ).

I'm claiming cost of taxi from hotel to Munich airport
    • k3lvc
    • By k3lvc 2nd Mar 18, 4:39 PM
    • 2,255 Posts
    • 3,733 Thanks
    k3lvc
    That's what happened - fog in Innsbruck (Austria ) flight cancelled . Transferred to Munich by coach , put in a hotel , flight the next day (over 24 hours ).

I'm claiming cost of taxi from hotel to Munich airport
    Originally posted by naf123

And if they're suggesting that they provided transport/buses they're presumbably querying the EUR83 element ? What happened to the rest of the passengers on the original flight - did they take a bus and you chose to take a taxi instead ?
    • jcb222
    • By jcb222 2nd Mar 18, 5:16 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    jcb222
    Easy jet cancellation
    I hope some can help. My flight yesterday was cancelled 2 hours before take off, the reason we were given was that our plane was grounded in Geneva due to snow and could not fly to our airport, our departure and arrival airports were operating as normal. No alternative flights were available and no effort was made to bring in another plane. Would we be able to claim compensation?
    Thanks in advance for any thoughts.
    • lisyloo
    • By lisyloo 2nd Mar 18, 5:24 PM
    • 21,877 Posts
    • 10,581 Thanks
    lisyloo
    In general if it's out of their control (weather) then no.
    Do you have travel insurance?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

162Posts Today

1,702Users online

Martin's Twitter