Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 166
    • Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 20th Apr 18, 7:20 PM
    • 1,379 Posts
    • 637 Thanks
    Tyzap
    Blimey, good job I left it to Botts! Lol

I can understand all that, IF my thick brain has understood any of that. But my question is why flights can’t be flown to alternative airports where passengers can be bussed to their original airport.

I hope that makes sense to somebody?

It’s the all reasonable steps thing again ! wallentin and arms and legs spring to mind !
    Originally posted by NoviceAngel
    Playing devils advocate, I suppose it could be to do with the fact that the aircraft due to operate your flight is trapped at Leeds by the ATC restrictions. Maybe it's not that it cannot land back there, but cannot it depart in the first place.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
    • NoviceAngel
    • By NoviceAngel 20th Apr 18, 7:39 PM
    • 2,034 Posts
    • 608 Thanks
    NoviceAngel
    Thank you for putting an alternate, Yeah I fully understand that point of view, but the second measure surely means that ‘that the flight concerned’ did not suffer from adverse weather at CDG ?

It will be interesting to see what Jet2 come up with, its very interesting, in the knock on weather delays, I just wish we could have a definitive decision either way...
    After reading PtL Vaubans Guide , please don't desert us, hang around and help others!

Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
    • JPears
    • By JPears 20th Apr 18, 8:07 PM
    • 3,675 Posts
    • 1,023 Thanks
    JPears
    If you win, do you think Jet2 will appeal it?
    If you lose, will Botts appeal it?
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
    • NoviceAngel
    • By NoviceAngel 20th Apr 18, 8:16 PM
    • 2,034 Posts
    • 608 Thanks
    NoviceAngel
    If you win, do you think Jet2 will appeal it?
    If you lose, will Botts appeal it?
    Originally posted by JPears
    TBH, you should know I haven’t got a Bl00dy clue!

I’ll cut my overgrown lawn, at least I’m being honest, that’s why I’ve handed it over to Botts
    After reading PtL Vaubans Guide , please don't desert us, hang around and help others!

Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
    • sirgadabout
    • By sirgadabout 26th Apr 18, 10:21 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    sirgadabout
    Is there any way of finding out the door open time of a flight?
    It!!!8217;s advertised as landing with a 2h57 delay and unfortunately my husband couldn!!!8217;t see the doors to see what time they opened but he didn!!!8217;t start moving off the plane for a good ten mins.
    At one point the advertised delay was 3 hours on jet2 website which I managed to screen print but it!!!8217;s been amended down again.
    • Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 26th Apr 18, 10:45 PM
    • 1,379 Posts
    • 637 Thanks
    Tyzap
    Is there any way of finding out the door open time of a flight?
    Originally posted by sirgadabout
    I understand it is recorded by the airline, but they won't divulge that information unless it is asked through a court when you use MCOL.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
    • Lynnenige
    • By Lynnenige 30th Apr 18, 10:28 AM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Lynnenige
    Worth a claim
    27th Apr 18 at 10:44 AM
    Reading on mse site and came across flight delay comp and remembered being delayed coming back from crete to leeds bradford in 2016 was given food vouchers which gave delay reason as late arrival of inbound aircraft put flight info into checker says delay was 3 hr 17 mins does anyone know if this is a valid claim flight was jet2 and i have paperwork . Thanks
    • Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 30th Apr 18, 11:55 AM
    • 1,379 Posts
    • 637 Thanks
    Tyzap
    27th Apr 18 at 10:44 AM
    Reading on mse site and came across flight delay comp and remembered being delayed coming back from crete to leeds bradford in 2016 was given food vouchers which gave delay reason as late arrival of inbound aircraft put flight info into checker says delay was 3 hr 17 mins does anyone know if this is a valid claim flight was jet2 and i have paperwork . Thanks
    Originally posted by Lynnenige
    It depends on the reason for the delay, if it was classed as an 'extraordinary circumstance' no comp due, if it wasn't you will be due an amount of compensation dependant on the distance.

Download and read Vaubans great guide, details below.
    • Lynnenige
    • By Lynnenige 30th Apr 18, 12:21 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Lynnenige
    On our food voucher it states late arrival of inbound flight which doesnt sound like an extraordinary circumstance but how would anyone know the proper reason
    • Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 30th Apr 18, 12:49 PM
    • 1,379 Posts
    • 637 Thanks
    Tyzap
    late arrival of inbound flight
    Originally posted by Lynnenige
    It's a catch all excuse that tells you nothing.

Put in a claim and see what they say. You can expect them to tell you as little as possible, and mess you about as much as possible.

All will eventually become clear thru the claims process.

Good luck.
    • Lynnenige
    • By Lynnenige 30th Apr 18, 3:01 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Lynnenige
    Ok so i filled in claim using resolver on mse but they have niw stated they want it in writing so dies anyone have a link to a letter i can use do i use NBA or another
    • Justice13075
    • By Justice13075 30th Apr 18, 4:22 PM
    • 1,124 Posts
    • 459 Thanks
    Justice13075
    Google and download Vaubans guide. On page 6 is a template Notice before action letter for you to fill out and send to Jet2
    • Lynnenige
    • By Lynnenige 30th Apr 18, 4:36 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Lynnenige
    That one says further to my letter etc but i havnt sent a letter yet just the resolver form
    • JPears
    • By JPears 30th Apr 18, 5:44 PM
    • 3,675 Posts
    • 1,023 Thanks
    JPears
    Then use the first template, give them 14 days (stated in your letter) then send the NBA. Technically ou could argue you have already sent the first letter via resolver but keep it simple and to form.

• Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 30th Apr 18, 9:21 PM
    • 1,379 Posts
    • 637 Thanks
    Tyzap
    You should always give the airline an opportunity to settle your claim before you escalate via any other method.

Only escalate when they refuse and you are not able to get any further.

When I said "put in a claim" in my previous post, I did mean with the airline.
    • NoviceAngel
    • By NoviceAngel 1st May 18, 7:12 AM
    • 2,034 Posts
    • 608 Thanks
    NoviceAngel
    Just to add, I wouldn’t necessarily continue through resolver, once you escalate your claim via the NBA process, and then subsequently issue court proceedings then resolver are out of the process anyway.

When you send a letter to Jet2 they should come back with a reason for the delay, if they blame weather - then ask yourself what was the weather like that day ? If their reson for the delay doesn’t fit well, then commence court proceedings. Often, the reson for any delay is only stated in Jet2s defence to the court.

Good luck with your claim.

NoviceAngel

• NoviceAngel
    • By NoviceAngel 8th May 18, 10:51 AM
    • 2,034 Posts
    • 608 Thanks
    NoviceAngel
    Quick update on my cancelled flights from CDG to LBA.

LS316 1st March 2018 Jet2 are blaming ATC restrictions at LBA, Botts have dropped the case as they don't think a judge will class it as an EC.

LS316 2nd March 2018 Initially Jet2 rejected the claim, but Botts started legal proceedings and they've offered to settle.

LS316 4th March 2018 - No news as yet.

So One out of the three so far and of course all the additional 'right to care' costs have been paid, I just hope we'll have some good news about the last flight! Fingers still crossed.

• JPears
    • By JPears 8th May 18, 12:16 PM
    • 3,675 Posts
    • 1,023 Thanks
    JPears
    Just remind me Novice, these were flights you re-booked (and paid for?) yourself due to Jet2 inability to rebook?

• NoviceAngel
    • By NoviceAngel 8th May 18, 12:46 PM
    • 2,034 Posts
    • 608 Thanks
    NoviceAngel
    Just remind me Novice, these were flights you re-booked (and paid for?) yourself due to Jet2 inability to rebook?
    Originally posted by JPears

Yep, there the ones, in a reply they did finally admit they were wrong to refuse re-routing.

I can confirm that, as you have correctly outlined, the original flight should have been re-routed at no additional cost to yourself.
    by Jet2
    They have refunded the costs of the additional flights I purchased.
    Last edited by NoviceAngel; 08-05-2018 at 12:49 PM.

• JPears
    • By JPears 8th May 18, 1:08 PM
    • 3,675 Posts
    • 1,023 Thanks
    JPears
    So if they had re-routed you, they would have saved themselves the compensation claims?

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

79Posts Today

1,407Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin