Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 166
    • bignred05
    • By bignred05 16th Oct 18, 7:49 PM
    • 1,050 Posts
    • 304 Thanks
    bignred05
    can anyone confirm if it mentions anywhere under the EU261 regulation about transferring passengers from one airport (Liverpool) to Manchester in this case

I'm in the process of doing my reply and would like to have the correct information about this

Thanks
    • Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 16th Oct 18, 8:45 PM
    • 1,804 Posts
    • 771 Thanks
    Tyzap
    can anyone confirm if it mentions anywhere under the EU261 regulation about transferring passengers from one airport (Liverpool) to Manchester in this case

I'm in the process of doing my reply and would like to have the correct information about this

Thanks
    Originally posted by bignred05
    It doesn't specifically.

It comes under the umbrella term 'all reasonable measure' as I specified above.

In other words, if there was a viable alternative, such as the MAN scenario, that they could, and perhaps should, have use to prevent/lessen the delay, they should have done so.

The regs state that the airline should use all possible efforts, up to the point of 'intolerable sacrifice' to prevent the delay.

The regulators do not want passengers to be abandoned or inconvenienced if/when there was another way around the problem. Hence, the airline is under an obligation to prove, in a court of law if required, that an EC does exist and that they took 'all reasonable measures' to prevent it.

You are not under an obligation to prove otherwise, the onus is quite definitely on the airline to prove what they claim, which includes how the EC affected the flight, cause and effect.

I would advise you not to rush into a reply until you have read up on Extraordinary Circumstances. There is some good reading material to be found here...

https://www.bottonline.co.uk/flight-delay-compensation

You can also find the following articles at the bottom of Vaubans guide.

The Wallentin-Hermann Judgment:
    Huzar v Jet.com
    EU261 regulations
    The Eglitis Judgment –

Just pick out the relevant parts concerned with EC's.

Good luck.
    Last edited by Tyzap; 16-10-2018 at 8:50 PM. Reason: add info
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
    • bignred05
    • By bignred05 16th Oct 18, 9:50 PM
    • 1,050 Posts
    • 304 Thanks
    bignred05
    Not sure if any of the boards knowledgeable ones can figure these out, but below are 2 links
    one is for the weather at Liverpool the other at Manchester

Liverpool
    https://www.wunderground.com/history/daily/EGGP/date/2018-10-12?req_city=NA&req_state=NA&req_statename=NA

Manchester
    https://www.wunderground.com/history/daily/EGCC/date/2018-10-12?req_city=NA&req_state=NA&req_statename=NA
    • costavon53
    • By costavon53 18th Oct 18, 2:35 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    costavon53
    can anyone tell me how I can find out what reasons were given to CAA for the flight delay and diversion we recently experience with RA? they are refusing any compensation (what's new?/)
    • JPears
    • By JPears 18th Oct 18, 4:53 PM
    • 4,458 Posts
    • 1,214 Thanks
    JPears
    Going to court is usually the only way. CAA won't know and don't give a fig.
    Might be time to go the ADR overseeing Ryanair.
    What were your circumstances?
    Last edited by JPears; 18-10-2018 at 5:06 PM.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
    • costavon53
    • By costavon53 19th Oct 18, 5:14 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    costavon53
    we were delayed leaving manchester because the flight arrived late from its previous journey. Finally took off for Murcia but about half an hour from landing they told us we were diverting to Alicante for safety reasons
    However, people on the flight had texts from family back home to say that the flight showed it was going to Alicante before we even boarded . We arrived at Alicante within the 3 hour limit but, had to be bussed to our destination airport not arriving there until almost an hour past the 3 hour deadline not only that but the coaches just dropped us all of in a dark carpark outside the closed airport no taxis no one to help and everyone just had to call their own taxi we had to get ourselves back to the airport the next morning as the car hire also closes when the airport closes at 11pm still really annoyed at RA for their cavalier dismissal of our experiences
    • Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 19th Oct 18, 7:45 PM
    • 1,804 Posts
    • 771 Thanks
    Tyzap
    we were delayed leaving manchester because the flight arrived late from its previous journey. Finally took off for Murcia but about half an hour from landing they told us we were diverting to Alicante for safety reasons
    However, people on the flight had texts from family back home to say that the flight showed it was going to Alicante before we even boarded . We arrived at Alicante within the 3 hour limit but, had to be bussed to our destination airport not arriving there until almost an hour past the 3 hour deadline not only that but the coaches just dropped us all of in a dark carpark outside the closed airport no taxis no one to help and everyone just had to call their own taxi we had to get ourselves back to the airport the next morning as the car hire also closes when the airport closes at 11pm still really annoyed at RA for their cavalier dismissal of our experiences
    Originally posted by costavon53
    It sounds like you are due compensation.

Your delay time starts at your scheduled arrival time and ends when you actually arrived at Murcia, by bus or aircraft or whatever.

Probably they knew prior to departing Manchester that it was already too late to land at Murcia and went directly to Alicante without informing their fare paying passengers.

This type of despicable action by Ryanair is not unusual.

Put in a claim for EU261 compensation and all additional costs via the RA website and see what they come back with.

Good luck.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
    • Dr Watson
    • By Dr Watson 20th Oct 18, 11:24 AM
    • 442 Posts
    • 218 Thanks
    Dr Watson
    Originally posted by costavon53
    costavon53,
    Sounds very similar to the delay I experienced quite a few years ago now. To put it simply Murcia airport has a strict night time curfew for flight operations, your flight was never going to get there in time to meet this and so was diverted to Alicante.
    No safety reason at all.
    You are due compensation as you arrived at Murcia over 3 hours late.
    If you need any help in getting what you are rightly due, do post back on here.
    Good luck and keep going.
    Successfully sued Ryanair in 2013/14...and have been 'helping' litigants since then.

Current known score:-
    Dr Watson 35 - 0 Ryanair / Ince and Co

Go to post 622 on the Ryanair thread to read how to sue them safely.
    • whitts
    • By whitts 21st Oct 18, 3:36 PM
    • 319 Posts
    • 145 Thanks
    whitts
    Confidence please?
    Just wondered if someone could just give me some confidence that I am correct?
    My first flight with Ryanair last Friday from Bristol to Malaga. We checked in and were in the departure lounge at the time the flight was due to depart I got a text message saying it had been cancelled.
    The next available flight with Ryanair was then on the Wednesday, so I rebooked to fly with easyJet on the first available flight which was on the Sunday.
    Having never been in this situation before I am just wanting some direction if this is correct.

1) I need to apply for the refund via Ryanair website, I cannot seem to find on any of my paperwork how much my outbound flight cost, where do I find this?
    2) can I get any help with the additional cost of my easyJet flight? Cost of going to the airport twice?
    3) as Friday the 12 October was very bad weather at Bristol airport, although I do not know if that is why my flight was cancelled, I cannot make a claim?

Thank you in advance for any help
    • JPears
    • By JPears 21st Oct 18, 6:38 PM
    • 4,458 Posts
    • 1,214 Thanks
    JPears
    1. DO NOT at this stage apply for a refund as it will make it easier for RA to wash their hands of you.
    2. Yes, you can get the cost of the easyjet replacement flights back from RA (hence the above comment) but don't expect it to be easier. They will probably fight you every step of the way.
    3. What were your flight details - time, flight number etc. we maybe able to check your aircraft. What reason did RA give for the cancellation?
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
    • whitts
    • By whitts 21st Oct 18, 7:12 PM
    • 319 Posts
    • 145 Thanks
    whitts
    1. DO NOT at this stage apply for a refund as it will make it easier for RA to wash their hands of you.
    2. Yes, you can get the cost of the easyjet replacement flights back from RA (hence the above comment) but don't expect it to be easier. They will probably fight you every step of the way.
    3. What were your flight details - time, flight number etc. we maybe able to check your aircraft. What reason did RA give for the cancellation?
    Originally posted by JPears

Thank you for your reply.
    I havenít requested anything because I thought they might turn around and say I had done it incorrectly, so thank you for confirming that.
    My flight detail were
    12 October 2018
    Fr8121
    Dept 16.40 arr 20.20
    I just got a text at 16.20 saying it had been cancelled, no explanation as to why.
    • alfa145
    • By alfa145 23rd Oct 18, 10:49 AM
    • 42 Posts
    • 29 Thanks
    alfa145
    Hi all - I am just in the process of finishing my ESCP claim form A, and it asks for an address for which court to use in Ireland. Can anyone give a recommendation from this list of an Irish court which is aware of the ESCP process?

http://www.courts.ie/offices.nsf/WebCObyJurisdiction?OpenView&Start=5&Count=30&Expa nd=5#5

Can I claim for both passengers, or do I need to enter the additional claimant's details?

Also on the form where it asks to sign and date (section 12), what is the field "Done At" ?

Thanks
    Last edited by alfa145; 23-10-2018 at 11:37 AM. Reason: typos, corrections
    • Dr Watson
    • By Dr Watson 23rd Oct 18, 7:45 PM
    • 442 Posts
    • 218 Thanks
    Dr Watson
    Hi all - I am just in the process of finishing my ESCP claim form A, and it asks for an address for which court to use in Ireland. Can anyone give a recommendation from this list of an Irish court which is aware of the ESCP process?

http://www.courts.ie/offices.nsf/WebCObyJurisdiction?OpenView&Start=5&Count=30&Expa nd=5#5

Can I claim for both passengers, or do I need to enter the additional claimant's details?

Also on the form where it asks to sign and date (section 12), what is the field "Done At" ?

Thanks
    Originally posted by alfa145
    alfa145,
    PM sent to you earlier.
    Done at is where you signed the Form.
    Good luck and keep going.
    Successfully sued Ryanair in 2013/14...and have been 'helping' litigants since then.

Current known score:-
    Dr Watson 35 - 0 Ryanair / Ince and Co

Go to post 622 on the Ryanair thread to read how to sue them safely.
    • reaney
    • By reaney 24th Oct 18, 6:26 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    reaney
    newbie ..bank details
    hi im new here
    im in a case with ryanair and resolver ...ryanair are responding pretty quick which has shocked me a bit to be fair ..we had a 5 hour delay back from spain ...there last email said can I sent them my bank details so they can send compensation but they don't say how much ...ive asked them how much it will be ..but they just asked for bank details again ..is this how it normally works ..thanks martin
    Last edited by reaney; 24-10-2018 at 6:28 PM.
    • Caz3121
    • By Caz3121 24th Oct 18, 6:28 PM
    • 11,670 Posts
    • 7,620 Thanks
    Caz3121
    EU261 is a set amount based on distance. Most Ryanair flights will fall into the €250 category
    • reaney
    • By reaney 24th Oct 18, 6:57 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    reaney
    is that per person ..2 adults 2 kids 1000 euros
    • Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 24th Oct 18, 7:40 PM
    • 1,804 Posts
    • 771 Thanks
    Tyzap
    is that per person ..2 adults 2 kids 1000 euros
    Originally posted by reaney
    Malaga to Manchester, for example, would be Ä400 each.
    • reaney
    • By reaney 24th Oct 18, 8:15 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    reaney
    but is it normal for them to just ask for bank details but not tell you the amount
    • Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 24th Oct 18, 8:49 PM
    • 1,804 Posts
    • 771 Thanks
    Tyzap
    Yes. For some reason they never tell you up front, they also did the same with me, however, it turned out to be what I had expected.

If you have any further questions please post them on the dedicated Ryanair thread to keep things tidy.

Good luck.
    • bignred05
    • By bignred05 25th Oct 18, 1:45 PM
    • 1,050 Posts
    • 304 Thanks
    bignred05
    hi im new here
    im in a case with ryanair and resolver ...ryanair are responding pretty quick which has shocked me a bit to be fair ..we had a 5 hour delay back from spain ...there last email said can I sent them my bank details so they can send compensation but they don't say how much ...ive asked them how much it will be ..but they just asked for bank details again ..is this how it normally works ..thanks martin
    Originally posted by reaney
    what email address did you use ?
    was it just a case of just reply u on your original email from Ryanair

I've replied to Ryanair, just over a week ago, still not had a reply hence the ask

Thanks
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,444Posts Today

9,203Users online

Martin's Twitter