Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 161
    • pocketslint
    • By pocketslint 12th Sep 18, 4:00 PM
    • 72 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    pocketslint
    Thanks for that JPears, I feel a lot more confident as a result.
    • mrs lds
    • By mrs lds 12th Sep 18, 7:36 PM
    • 3,855 Posts
    • 22,124 Thanks
    mrs lds
    Our Ryanair flight delayed for 4 hours Edinburgh to stansted due to tech issues. Is resolver the best way forward? Tia
    • Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 12th Sep 18, 10:39 PM
    • 1,747 Posts
    • 752 Thanks
    Tyzap
    Our Ryanair flight delayed for 4 hours Edinburgh to stansted due to tech issues. Is resolver the best way forward? Tia
    Originally posted by mrs lds
    No, it can be much quicker to go via the EU261 claim on their website. It is a little hidden so try FAQ's to find it.

Try that first as I was paid out in about 3 weeks when my flight also suffered a tech fault.

Good luck.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
    • AlexMac
    • By AlexMac 14th Sep 18, 12:49 PM
    • 2,208 Posts
    • 1,939 Thanks
    AlexMac
    If you look at my post #7 on the thread in the link by zagflies, you'll see that it's sometimes almost cheaper to book a package with accommodation (even for only 3 nights within your holiday) by clicking on the "ferry & holiday" button on the BF website when doing a trial booking.

That gives you discount cabin upgrades on board (£15 instead of £150 - odd for a large outside 2/4 berth) and really good value hotels and casa/villas from an enormous selection. You can do multi-site hotels; just choose online then book by phone, but choose any hotel at random for a dummy booking for a price.

And if you are looking at 2019 they have a 20% early booking discount til midnight 18th Sept; and may repeat this- and maybe there are some autumn deals too?

But I agree- the ferry alone deal seems toppy ... unless you're going to Spain in which case you have to balance out what you save on fuel, tolls, and wear n tear on the nerves! (see viamichelin.com for a fuel, toll estimator)
    • savvy
    • By savvy 14th Sep 18, 4:56 PM
    • 29,890 Posts
    • 45,581 Thanks
    savvy
    Morning all, just about to press go on a Brittany Ferry booking, wincing slightly at the cost - first school holidays trip abroad. Does anybody have a discount code they would be willing to share? Thank you!
    Originally posted by FrugalMcdougal

Hi, we move threads if we think they’ll get more help elsewhere (please read the forum rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board. If you have any questions about this policy please email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    Honorary Northern Bird bestowed by Anselm

I'm a Board Guide and volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly on Special Occasions, Green/Ethical, Motoring/Overseas/UK Travel & Flood boards, it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Report inappropriate or illegal posts to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Views are MINE & not official MSE ones

• z1a
    • By z1a 14th Sep 18, 6:34 PM
    • 1,583 Posts
    • 1,569 Thanks
    z1a
    Cheaper than short ferry + tolls + fuel + o/night stops, and much more relaxing.
    • hoovuspoovus
    • By hoovuspoovus 14th Sep 18, 9:54 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    hoovuspoovus
    Dippy blonde here, posting back as promised. Tried to resubmit my flight delay claim via Ryan Air online form, this time with the correct date, but could not get past the first screen as I “had already submitted a claim for this booking reference number”. Wrote to the customer services director at Ryan Air instead, letter sent by recorded delivery 10/03/18, received apology and confirmation letter from Ryan Air on 12/09/18 via email that claim was accepted and compensation of £444 (250 euros x 2) would be transferred to my bank account within 10 days. I am delighted with this result and indebted to tyzap, colinm and jpsartre for their help along the way.
    • Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 14th Sep 18, 10:47 PM
    • 1,747 Posts
    • 752 Thanks
    Tyzap
    Thats super news hoovuspoovus

We got there in the end
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
    • JPears
    • By JPears 15th Sep 18, 10:05 AM
    • 4,401 Posts
    • 1,201 Thanks
    JPears
    Superb news. Congrats.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
    • pocketslint
    • By pocketslint 15th Sep 18, 1:56 PM
    • 72 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    pocketslint
    Update;

Okay guy's, I opened my claim through Resolver via MSE on the 12th Sept and RA confirmed with a case number the same day. On the 14th I received an e-mail agreeing to my claim and asking for my bank details with a view to paying out under EC Regulation 261/2004.

NB This was for a delayed flight (3hrs+) back in April and as such it had already been vetted and agreed upon by RA. I happen to know this as I had other family onboard who had booked and claimed independently. I will update you, if and when appropriate. Cheers guy's.
    • Oasis1
    • By Oasis1 15th Sep 18, 6:00 PM
    • 446 Posts
    • 411 Thanks
    Oasis1
    Dippy blonde here, posting back as promised. Tried to resubmit my flight delay claim via Ryan Air online form, this time with the correct date, but could not get past the first screen as I “had already submitted a claim for this booking reference number”. Wrote to the customer services director at Ryan Air instead, letter sent by recorded delivery 10/03/18, received apology and confirmation letter from Ryan Air on 12/09/18 via email that claim was accepted and compensation of £444 (250 euros x 2) would be transferred to my bank account within 10 days. I am delighted with this result and indebted to tyzap, colinm and jpsartre for their help along the way.
    Originally posted by hoovuspoovus

Congrats!

• mrs lds
    • By mrs lds 16th Sep 18, 8:09 PM
    • 3,855 Posts
    • 22,124 Thanks
    mrs lds
    Yay after a 5 hour delay from edinburgh with RA last week i just got an email saying they are going to deposit £448 for my husband and I. Well worth the 02:00 arrival.
    • Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 16th Sep 18, 9:20 PM
    • 1,747 Posts
    • 752 Thanks
    Tyzap
    Yay after a 5 hour delay from edinburgh with RA last week i just got an email saying they are going to deposit £448 for my husband and I. Well worth the 02:00 arrival.
    Originally posted by mrs lds

Well done, more good news from Ryanair.

Can you give us some basic info about your delay please.

Good luck
    • bergeroo
    • By bergeroo 17th Sep 18, 4:35 PM
    • 39 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    bergeroo
    Hi - is there an FAQ for claiming from Ryanair somewhere. I am a little confused as to what to do.

Our flight was cancelled last week because of strike action. The next flight wasn't for four days so we ended up getting a flight the next day from a different departure city.

So I am I now entitled to claim back my expenses AND the 250 euros each as per the EU regulations? Or does the 250 euros cover and include my expenses?

And do I have to do this in two separate claims?
    Or put it all in one claim either on the Ryanair form here - https://eu261expenseclaim.ryanair.com/
    Or via the resolver.

Thanks everyone and sorry if this is already answered somewhere.
    • JPears
    • By JPears 17th Sep 18, 4:51 PM
    • 4,401 Posts
    • 1,201 Thanks
    JPears
    It looks like a catch all claim for for both compensation and any expenses you incurred.
    What expenses did you incur?
    What are your flight details? Dates, times journey- original and rebooked.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
    • bergeroo
    • By bergeroo 17th Sep 18, 4:55 PM
    • 39 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    bergeroo
    We were flying from Kerry to Berlin on Wednesday evening. It was cancelled due to German Ryanair pilot strike.
    Ended up taking the Dublin to Berlin flight the following day

Expenses were travelling by coach from County Kerry to Dublin. Local buses in Dublin. Hotel in Dublin. Dinner in Dublin. Taxi to airport and breakfast. 125 euros each in total which was quite reasonable on our part I think as Dublin is mega expensive!
    • bergeroo
    • By bergeroo 18th Sep 18, 11:36 AM
    • 39 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    bergeroo
    ok I submitted my claim - let's see.

Have there been any cases of people receiving compensation for Ryanair staff strike action? Or are there any current legal cases ongoing?
    • boatman
    • By boatman 18th Sep 18, 3:34 PM
    • 4,104 Posts
    • 2,899 Thanks
    boatman
    Started claim with Aviation ADR in Feb, claim went to the adjudicator in May, had a draft determination late July, still waiting for the final adjudication, complete joke!!
    • lilchick1984
    • By lilchick1984 20th Sep 18, 9:41 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    lilchick1984
    Hi, I had a 3 hour 15min delay on Monday from Valencia to Bristol. At the time I think they said because the previous flight was delayed, tried filling out their form for compensation, just had a response to say it’s denied because the issue was ATC so we cannot claim compensation.
    Does anyone know what to do next, can I check somewhere if the issue was ATC or do I just take their word for it and give up on the claim?
    Many thanks
    • TemmyTemjin
    • By TemmyTemjin 20th Sep 18, 2:48 PM
    • 28 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    TemmyTemjin
    Ryanair Delay - Looking for basic advice
    Hello,

Details:

- Flight FR1162. London Stansted -> Belfast International

- Took off on time 09:40

- Due to land at Belfast International at 11:05

- Arrived to Ireland but couldn't land due to high winds

- Forced to land at Liverpool at 11:45

- Stayed in plane, grounded at Liverpool. No access to terminal bulding allowed.

- Plane stayed here until 17:40 (5 hours, 55'ish minutes)

- No free refreshments, or meal vouchers were provided (but purchases were allowed)

- Plane landed at Belfast International at 18:16 (7 hours, 11 minutes overdue)

Is there a valid case here under EU261? If so, do you have any advice about pursuing?

Thanks.
    Last edited by TemmyTemjin; 20-09-2018 at 2:52 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

212Posts Today

1,304Users online

Martin's Twitter