Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 158
    • JPears
    • By JPears 15th Sep 18, 10:05 AM
    • 4,175 Posts
    • 1,136 Thanks
    JPears
    Superb news. Congrats.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
    • pocketslint
    • By pocketslint 15th Sep 18, 1:56 PM
    • 60 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    pocketslint
    Update;

Okay guy's, I opened my claim through Resolver via MSE on the 12th Sept and RA confirmed with a case number the same day. On the 14th I received an e-mail agreeing to my claim and asking for my bank details with a view to paying out under EC Regulation 261/2004.

NB This was for a delayed flight (3hrs+) back in April and as such it had already been vetted and agreed upon by RA. I happen to know this as I had other family onboard who had booked and claimed independently. I will update you, if and when appropriate. Cheers guy's.
    • Oasis1
    • By Oasis1 15th Sep 18, 6:00 PM
    • 430 Posts
    • 408 Thanks
    Oasis1
    Dippy blonde here, posting back as promised. Tried to resubmit my flight delay claim via Ryan Air online form, this time with the correct date, but could not get past the first screen as I “had already submitted a claim for this booking reference number”. Wrote to the customer services director at Ryan Air instead, letter sent by recorded delivery 10/03/18, received apology and confirmation letter from Ryan Air on 12/09/18 via email that claim was accepted and compensation of £444 (250 euros x 2) would be transferred to my bank account within 10 days. I am delighted with this result and indebted to tyzap, colinm and jpsartre for their help along the way.
    Originally posted by hoovuspoovus

Congrats!

• mrs lds
    • By mrs lds 16th Sep 18, 8:09 PM
    • 3,779 Posts
    • 21,458 Thanks
    mrs lds
    Yay after a 5 hour delay from edinburgh with RA last week i just got an email saying they are going to deposit £448 for my husband and I. Well worth the 02:00 arrival.
    • Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 16th Sep 18, 9:20 PM
    • 1,634 Posts
    • 714 Thanks
    Tyzap
    Yay after a 5 hour delay from edinburgh with RA last week i just got an email saying they are going to deposit £448 for my husband and I. Well worth the 02:00 arrival.
    Originally posted by mrs lds

Well done, more good news from Ryanair.

Can you give us some basic info about your delay please.

Good luck
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
    • bergeroo
    • By bergeroo 17th Sep 18, 4:35 PM
    • 39 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    bergeroo
    Hi - is there an FAQ for claiming from Ryanair somewhere. I am a little confused as to what to do.

Our flight was cancelled last week because of strike action. The next flight wasn't for four days so we ended up getting a flight the next day from a different departure city.

So I am I now entitled to claim back my expenses AND the 250 euros each as per the EU regulations? Or does the 250 euros cover and include my expenses?

And do I have to do this in two separate claims?
    Or put it all in one claim either on the Ryanair form here - https://eu261expenseclaim.ryanair.com/
    Or via the resolver.

Thanks everyone and sorry if this is already answered somewhere.
    • JPears
    • By JPears 17th Sep 18, 4:51 PM
    • 4,175 Posts
    • 1,136 Thanks
    JPears
    It looks like a catch all claim for for both compensation and any expenses you incurred.
    What expenses did you incur?
    What are your flight details? Dates, times journey- original and rebooked.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
    • bergeroo
    • By bergeroo 17th Sep 18, 4:55 PM
    • 39 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    bergeroo
    We were flying from Kerry to Berlin on Wednesday evening. It was cancelled due to German Ryanair pilot strike.
    Ended up taking the Dublin to Berlin flight the following day

Expenses were travelling by coach from County Kerry to Dublin. Local buses in Dublin. Hotel in Dublin. Dinner in Dublin. Taxi to airport and breakfast. 125 euros each in total which was quite reasonable on our part I think as Dublin is mega expensive!
    • bergeroo
    • By bergeroo 18th Sep 18, 11:36 AM
    • 39 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    bergeroo
    ok I submitted my claim - let's see.

Have there been any cases of people receiving compensation for Ryanair staff strike action? Or are there any current legal cases ongoing?
    • boatman
    • By boatman 18th Sep 18, 3:34 PM
    • 4,067 Posts
    • 2,875 Thanks
    boatman
    Started claim with Aviation ADR in Feb, claim went to the adjudicator in May, had a draft determination late July, still waiting for the final adjudication, complete joke!!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,294Posts Today

8,610Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @Dora_Haf: @MartinSLewis So many people on here saying they're great until you get your PROPER job. What if Your proper job Is ON zero?

• RT @hslt88: @MartinSLewis I?m a trustee for a youth charity. We only have a limited pool of funds for flexible youth workers for holiday sc?

• RT @Dan_i_elle_88: @MartinSLewis Loved working zero hour agency care work. Never out of work and I loved having the flexibility! Only left?

• Follow Martin