Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 157
    • JPears
    • By JPears 13th Aug 18, 3:21 PM
    • 4,461 Posts
    • 1,214 Thanks
    JPears
    Should be on monitoring system.
    Does claims handler have these details? Probably not, and even less likely with Ryanair. 99% sure your claim will rejected.

Will then require the ESCP route to get the information you need.
    Unless you have other evidence such as photo or video showing doors open time?
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
    • Kevinj
    • By Kevinj 13th Aug 18, 3:25 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Kevinj
    Passenger damage to the aircraft
    Flight back from Alicante delayed due to the plane from Liverpool to Alicante leaving late. The pilot explained that the 3.5 hour delay was due to a passenger causing damage to the plane, although he didn't say exactly what damage the reason is thought to be a fight on board resulted in a plane window being broken I assume before take off at Liverpool airport. Any one know if compensation can be claimed or will Ryan air try to claim security and safety as a get out clause
    KevinJ
    Last edited by Kevinj; 13-08-2018 at 3:28 PM.
    • JPears
    • By JPears 13th Aug 18, 3:30 PM
    • 4,461 Posts
    • 1,214 Thanks
    JPears
    Welcome, please repost on the specific Ryanair thread.
    New personal threads make the board very difficult for everyone to search and navigate.
    They will try but probably not a valid extraordinary circumstance.
    Thanks

• hollydays
    • By hollydays 13th Aug 18, 10:08 PM
    • 16,681 Posts
    • 12,824 Thanks
    hollydays
    Coach trip?
    • zagfles
    • By zagfles 14th Aug 18, 9:11 AM
    • 13,744 Posts
    • 11,773 Thanks
    zagfles
    And as I've said a few times (e.g post #8 at https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5480847&highlight=brittany+ferrie s )
    there are ways to save on BF:

If you book even three nights accommodation with them (click the 'holidays' button not 'ferry' or whatever on their website) , the ferry crossing price falls so much that in effect, the hotel or cottage is free.
    Originally posted by AlexMac
    Also look at Eurocamp - if you book using them the ferry cost is much lower - close to half price! We've got the crossing and a week's accomodation for less than the price of the crossing alone booked direct with Brittany.

You could probably book just 1 or 2 nights with them and get their discounted ferry prices, the crossings dates don't need to tie in with the accomodation dates - we're spending nearly 3 weeks in Spain but only booked accomodation for 1.
    • doddersb
    • By doddersb 16th Aug 18, 7:38 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    doddersb
    Ryanair exasperation - use of resolver
    Does using resolver count as using a third party? Will Ryanair definitely respond to my submission to them via resolver?
    I went all the way through the ryanair form on its website twice and it would not accept my IBAN number as a UK account!! My bank were as baffled as I was. But it meant I couldn't complete the process so used Resolver but after having no holiday at all due to cancellations and no other flights available, I am keen not to be hundreds of pounds out of pocket too.
    • Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 16th Aug 18, 8:03 PM
    • 1,804 Posts
    • 772 Thanks
    Tyzap
    Does using resolver count as using a third party? Will Ryanair definitely respond to my submission to them via resolver?
    I went all the way through the ryanair form on its website twice and it would not accept my IBAN number as a UK account!! My bank were as baffled as I was. But it meant I couldn't complete the process so used Resolver but after having no holiday at all due to cancellations and no other flights available, I am keen not to be hundreds of pounds out of pocket too.
    Originally posted by doddersb
    Resolver is a third party, not direct.

You should put a direct claim in with them first, sometimes thats all you need to do.

You should not be asked for your band account sort code, account number, Iban or Swift numbers as they pay you by cheque!

Good luck.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
    • doddersb
    • By doddersb 16th Aug 18, 10:43 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    doddersb
    Resolver
    They have sent an email via resolver so assume itís ok and not the same as other third parties. They did ask for bank details on the official form which was why I got stuck! So presumably they no longer pay by cheque ...
    • Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 16th Aug 18, 10:58 PM
    • 1,804 Posts
    • 772 Thanks
    Tyzap
    They have sent an email via resolver so assume itís ok and not the same as other third parties. They did ask for bank details on the official form which was why I got stuck! So presumably they no longer pay by cheque ...
    Originally posted by doddersb
    Perhaps Resolver is accepted although they do say you should apply directly to them first, allowing 28 days prior to appointing a 3rd party.

I received a cheque from them, not a bank transfer, at end of July after applying directly via their website. The whole claim only took 3 weeks.

Good luck.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
    • Rileybaby
    • By Rileybaby 21st Aug 18, 8:18 AM
    • 217 Posts
    • 131 Thanks
    Rileybaby
    Has anyone successfully recovered compensation due to Ryanair’s staff being on strike? I’ve had my first rejection letter. Portugal (Faro) to Manchester flight on 24 July. I have escalated it but think they will do anything to be out of it x
    • Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 21st Aug 18, 9:14 AM
    • 1,804 Posts
    • 772 Thanks
    Tyzap
    Has anyone successfully recovered compensation due to Ryanair’s staff being on strike? I’ve had my first rejection letter. Portugal (Faro) to Manchester flight on 24 July. I have escalated it but think they will do anything to be out of it x
    Originally posted by Rileybaby
    Hi Rileybaby,

They hate these regs and will do anything to get out of paying compensation.

The CAA (UK regulator) says Ryanair must pay compensation for Ryanair staff strikes, Ryanair say they won't.

I suggest you wait until the CAA FORCE them to accept the regulations and then re apply.

Good luck.
    Last edited by Tyzap; 21-08-2018 at 9:25 AM. Reason: clarity
    • Justice13075
    • By Justice13075 21st Aug 18, 9:49 AM
    • 1,580 Posts
    • 538 Thanks
    Justice13075
    The only people who will force Ryanair to pay are the courts. I wonder of Bott&Co or EuClaim are planning on going down that route.
    • JPears
    • By JPears 21st Aug 18, 10:23 AM
    • 4,461 Posts
    • 1,214 Thanks
    JPears
    Rileybaby, you need to make a strongly worded letter of complaint to the CAA pointing out Ryanair's failure to abide by EU law and the direction of the CAA.
    If nobody complains to the CAA, they won't be aware of the scale of abuse commited by the airlines.
    Last edited by JPears; 21-08-2018 at 11:36 AM.

• Justice13075
    • By Justice13075 21st Aug 18, 10:34 AM
    • 1,580 Posts
    • 538 Thanks
    Justice13075
    Rileybaby is one word splitting it into 2 words makes it sound as if you come from the Hood were you hang out with the dudes man. lol
    • JPears
    • By JPears 21st Aug 18, 11:36 AM
    • 4,461 Posts
    • 1,214 Thanks
    JPears
    dude, its my waterproof clinical keyboard. Not designed for rapid typing...

• RosieisReal
    • By RosieisReal 21st Aug 18, 6:28 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    RosieisReal
    Airport passenger duty refunded! At last!!
    Last November Ryanair contacted me to say they were moving my flight from Gatwick to Stansted, as this did not suit I asked for a refund, we were refunded part of the costs but NOT the APD (Airport Passenger Duty) which came to £49 for the family. I asked why and this was the reply - In relation to your recent correspondence I would like to inform you that under the given reservation you have been charged for the Airport Passenger Duty fee when you purchased the adult ticket therefore that amount cannot be refunded. - well I am here to say that YES iT CAN BE REFUNDED AND AFTER TEN MONTHS OF ONLINE MESSAGING I GOT MY £49!! How did I do it? Well after realising that Ryanair were NOT going to deal with me directly I took my claim to the Aviation ADR Website (Altenative Dispute Resolution) - even they told me I had no chance but I said that Ryanair were keeping my APD payment and I was getting nothing in return and they finally fought my case and won. So keep on - it is worth it in the end!!
    • Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 21st Aug 18, 8:12 PM
    • 1,804 Posts
    • 772 Thanks
    Tyzap
    Well done RosieisReal

Thats the attitude you need to fight the airlines, never give in!
    • JPears
    • By JPears 21st Aug 18, 9:57 PM
    • 4,461 Posts
    • 1,214 Thanks
    JPears
    You were informed in November, how long before your actual flight

?

• PomBear
    • By PomBear 22nd Aug 18, 8:11 AM
    • 157 Posts
    • 40 Thanks
    PomBear
    Has anyone heard this morningís BBC news?

Apparently Ryan Air now send compensation cheques that havenít been signed. Administrative error, or so they say....
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-45262871
    • boatman
    • By boatman 22nd Aug 18, 8:47 AM
    • 4,110 Posts
    • 2,905 Thanks
    boatman
    Has anyone heard this morningís BBC news?

Apparently Ryan Air now send compensation cheques that havenít been signed. Administrative error, or so they say....
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-45262871
    Originally posted by PomBear
    Given all their other tactics of avoiding payouts, I think it would be perfectly ok to slap them with a fine. Whether it was a mistake or not, it will focus their mind on getting it right.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

32Posts Today

4,170Users online

Martin's Twitter