Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 145
    • Justice13075
    • By Justice13075 28th Jun 18, 9:08 AM
    • 1,602 Posts
    • 543 Thanks
    Justice13075
    On top of the first page of threads, it asks people to read before posting. This is because it is easier to keep the threads up to date and not have 10 different threads say for Ryanair.
    • Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 28th Jun 18, 9:17 AM
    • 1,845 Posts
    • 793 Thanks
    Tyzap
    Which court issued the judgement and did they specify an exact amount?

If the court says pay x and Ryanair pay Y I believe it MAY be contempt of court, to which you should inform the court immediately.

Dr Watson and Legal Magpie may know better tho.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
    • jpsartre
    • By jpsartre 28th Jun 18, 9:24 AM
    • 3,746 Posts
    • 2,358 Thanks
    jpsartre
    My, what a friendly and well-mannered lot you are...
    Originally posted by MaryGold

Don't shoot the messenger. I can't change the facts, I can only pass them on to you.
    • JPears
    • By JPears 28th Jun 18, 9:26 AM
    • 4,502 Posts
    • 1,230 Thanks
    JPears
    My, what a friendly and well-mannered lot you are...
    Originally posted by MaryGold
    Yes. Yes we are.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
    • Tropically
    • By Tropically 28th Jun 18, 11:16 AM
    • 319 Posts
    • 1,071 Thanks
    Tropically
    I have a claim with RyanAir and the AESA has judged in my favour, but RyanAir has refused to accept this. I believe my next option is submitting a NBA.

Will it harm me if I offer a settlement amount? I would accept a refund of the flight (150ish), rather than the 800 Euros the AESA has said I deserve. If I agree to settle to an amount of 150 to avoid going to small claims court, would I be limited to 150 if it DID go to court?
    Mortgage started at 318,000 in June 2016. Original MF - 2041
    2017 OPs: 7000/7000
    Mortgage in Nov 2017 - 297,808
    • Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 28th Jun 18, 11:57 AM
    • 1,845 Posts
    • 793 Thanks
    Tyzap
    I have a claim with RyanAir and the AESA has judged in my favour, but RyanAir has refused to accept this. I believe my next option is submitting a NBA.

Will it harm me if I offer a settlement amount? I would accept a refund of the flight (150ish), rather than the 800 Euros the AESA has said I deserve. If I agree to settle to an amount of 150 to avoid going to small claims court, would I be limited to 150 if it DID go to court?
    Originally posted by Tropically
    Hi Tropically,

Do you mean AviationADR have ruled in your favour?

I would not be so quick to accept 150 instead of 800, there are other options open to you before that and there are willing advisors here to help you get what you are legally due.

Good luck
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
    • jpsartre
    • By jpsartre 28th Jun 18, 12:05 PM
    • 3,746 Posts
    • 2,358 Thanks
    jpsartre
    Originally posted by Tropically

There's also AviationADR which is a free service.
    • Tropically
    • By Tropically 28th Jun 18, 3:30 PM
    • 319 Posts
    • 1,071 Thanks
    Tropically
    Hi Tropically,

Do you mean AviationADR have ruled in your favour?

I would not be so quick to accept 150 instead of 800, there are other options open to you before that and there are willing advisors here to help you get what you are legally due.

Good luck
    Originally posted by Tyzap
    La Agencia Estatal de Seguridad A!rea ruled in my favour. I think it is the Spanish equivalent of the CAA. The flight was leaving from Spain and that is where Resolver escalated the claim to. Should I go to AviationADR next or straight to small claims?
    Mortgage started at 318,000 in June 2016. Original MF - 2041
    2017 OPs: 7000/7000
    Mortgage in Nov 2017 - 297,808
    • JPears
    • By JPears 28th Jun 18, 3:48 PM
    • 4,502 Posts
    • 1,230 Thanks
    JPears
    It's up to you, depends how much time you want to waste
    AESA decision is in effect, worthless, RA as you discover just ignore it.

ADR is free if you win, relatively low effort, but could go against you. RA could still ignore even if adjudicator finds in your favour as they have almost no powers of enforcement.
    ESCP more hassle BUT RA can't ignore ANY of it.

• ihaveaq
    • By ihaveaq 28th Jun 18, 7:20 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ihaveaq
    Sheffield county court, they said I get 250 plus 35 court fee.
    This should Ben 255 but Ryanair sent me 231 or so.
    • eastcorkram
    • By eastcorkram 28th Jun 18, 7:34 PM
    • 150 Posts
    • 38 Thanks
    eastcorkram
    Looking for some quick advice.
    In short, Flight delay yesterday , Cork to Stansted. Delay was eventually about 8 hours. As far as I'm aware , I'm supposed to be entitled to compensation. Now, on the website, there is a way to claim a full refund for a delayed flight. There is also a separate way to claim compensation. Which of these am I meant to do?? If I do the first one, I presume I'll get back what I paid for that leg of the flight. Bu the figure being mentioned yesterday was 250 euro compensation. If I fill in the online form for that, there are only three options.
    1 That you re booked a different flight with Ryanair
    2 You booked with a different airline
    3 you just didn't travel

Now, none of these are true in my case. I just went on the original flight number . Which took off and landed about 8 hours late. It also asks for other expenses, like food and so on. I'm not interested in this. I have no receipts anyway. But if I leave it blank, it won't submit the form. If I put in a figure of 0.00, then it still won't submit.
    Should I just be doing the first option of only applying for a refund?
    Originally posted by eastcorkram
    Just for the record. In the end, As it's not possible to use the claim form, I was advised by RA to just put in an email complaint. I did this, and today, got an email saying that the cheque was in the post 219, (250 euro)
    Took 8 or 9 working days in total.
    • Justice13075
    • By Justice13075 28th Jun 18, 7:34 PM
    • 1,602 Posts
    • 543 Thanks
    Justice13075
    Tell Ryanair you are sending the money back and then insist on 2 cheques one for 35 and a second for 250euro. Cash the cheque in euro's in your bank for a better rate. Southern Island uses the euro so it should be easy for them to send you a cheque.
    • Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 28th Jun 18, 7:54 PM
    • 1,845 Posts
    • 793 Thanks
    Tyzap
    Sheffield county court, they said I get 250 plus 35 court fee.
    This should Ben 255 but Ryanair sent me 231 or so.
    Originally posted by ihaveaq
    I would write back to the court and ask them to bring it to the attention of the judge, as they are not following the judges direction.

I doubt he/she would be very happy about their attempted trickery.
    • littlerock
    • By littlerock 30th Jun 18, 1:42 PM
    • 1,525 Posts
    • 218 Thanks
    littlerock
    Flight cancelled due to a deer on runway - compensation?
    My sister was booked on a cheap RyanAir flight from Strasbourg to London last Sunday. The incoming flight was diverted to Baden-Baden and the outgoing flight cancelled, due to a "deer on the runway."

The 85 passengers waiting for the London flight were ushered out of the departure lounge and onto the main concourse and basically left to it. There was a large queue at the Ryanair desk which did not diminish by one person in the 20 minutes my sister was standing in it, so she rang the Ryanair Help Desk enquiries number supplied to be told by "Stefan" that he could only supply information about RyanAir flights and that stranded passengers would have to come back and catch the Wednesday flight. (Ryanair only fly the Strasbourg route twice a week on Sunday and Wednesday.)

My sister checked out the other London flights from the airport that day, it was a choice between Air France which wanted 800 for a flight to London and BA which wanted over 1000.

What is the situation about being found alternative flights in these cases eg at the very least, being bussed to Baden Baden to catch the rerouted incoming flight from there?
    Last edited by littlerock; 30-06-2018 at 2:01 PM.
    • jpsartre
    • By jpsartre 30th Jun 18, 1:54 PM
    • 3,746 Posts
    • 2,358 Thanks
    jpsartre
    Being offered a flight three days later doesn't satisfy the airline's obligation to offer rerouting IMO (and nor does it mesh with what Ryanair says they will offer in these cases on their website). How did your sister get home?

As for compenation, I don't see how deer on the runway could be considered non-extraordinary.
    Last edited by jpsartre; 30-06-2018 at 1:56 PM.
    • littlerock
    • By littlerock 30th Jun 18, 2:00 PM
    • 1,525 Posts
    • 218 Thanks
    littlerock
    She took a train to Basle and got a flight from there. She has contacted Ryanair, in writing, to ask what compensation is to be offered but so far has not had any reply.
    • jpsartre
    • By jpsartre 30th Jun 18, 2:03 PM
    • 3,746 Posts
    • 2,358 Thanks
    jpsartre
    Personally I wouldn't bother seeking compensation but I would request reimbursement for expenses incurred getting home.
    • JPears
    • By JPears 30th Jun 18, 3:27 PM
    • 4,502 Posts
    • 1,230 Thanks
    JPears
    Little rock. As far as 261/2004 regulations go, there are 2 different aspects to this.
    1. Compensation for inconvenience etc. Not applicable as deer on the runway probably is an EC. Although you could wonder how long it takes to move an animal of the runway...)
    2. Rerouting. As Jps said 3 day delay is unacceptable. There is a right to rerouting on a different airline if necessary at the airlines cost. I am currently at Heathrow on the way to Lyon, from Leeds, with BA. My original flight was easyJet Manchester to Marseille. Cancelled because of a threatened ATC strike. Although I won't get the compensation, EJ will be paying the considerable rerouting costs.

• Justice13075
    • By Justice13075 30th Jun 18, 4:11 PM
    • 1,602 Posts
    • 543 Thanks
    Justice13075
    Book The Residence on Etihad that will make their eyes water
    • Voyager2002
    • By Voyager2002 30th Jun 18, 5:36 PM
    • 12,773 Posts
    • 8,751 Thanks
    Voyager2002
    Book The Residence on Etihad that will make their eyes water
    Originally posted by Justice13075

If only!

(There is a standard legal duty to mitigate your losses.)
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

23Posts Today

3,992Users online

Martin's Twitter