Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 145
    • chewback
    • By chewback 9th Jul 18, 11:33 AM
    • 60 Posts
    • 48 Thanks
    chewback
    Will insurance pay out?
    • jpsartre
    • By jpsartre 9th Jul 18, 12:03 PM
    • 3,330 Posts
    • 2,146 Thanks
    jpsartre
    Depends on your policy. You'll have to check the wording (or ask them).
    • JPears
    • By JPears 9th Jul 18, 12:15 PM
    • 3,858 Posts
    • 1,063 Thanks
    JPears
    However, if Ryanair didn't FULLY inform of your rights including re-routed by a different airline if necessary then I would say legal you still have case for an expenses claim. Why was your flight cancelled?
    Is it just me or are we seeing alot more very short notice cancellations this summer?
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
    • chewback
    • By chewback 9th Jul 18, 1:25 PM
    • 60 Posts
    • 48 Thanks
    chewback
    But the rerouting option was Thursday to Bournemouth.
    • JPears
    • By JPears 9th Jul 18, 3:30 PM
    • 3,858 Posts
    • 1,063 Thanks
    JPears
    And that's what Ryanair told you?. The legally correct re-routing option is whatever is available, by alternative airlines or transport methods that is convenient to the passenger. Ryanair damn well know this after the CAA clarified the law with them following the pilot/crew holidays rota fiasco. But continue to break the law and lie to customers.
    Why was your flight cancelled?
    Last edited by JPears; 09-07-2018 at 3:33 PM.

• chewback
    • By chewback 9th Jul 18, 4:09 PM
    • 60 Posts
    • 48 Thanks
    chewback
    They haven't said. I have put a claim in on their website.
    If it happens again am I best NOT taking the refund?
    • JPears
    • By JPears 9th Jul 18, 4:34 PM
    • 3,858 Posts
    • 1,063 Thanks
    JPears
    Yes, I think this would be a current suggestion. It confirms that they have not absolved themselves of a duty of care. Especially if there is a delay umtil your re-routed flight and you have to find accommodation.

If your flight was cancelled within 14 days of departure and the reason was not an EC then as well as re routing expenses you may also be due compensation
    . Whilst both covered under reg 261/2004, they are separate aspects of a claim. You should download Vauban's superb guide.
    Last edited by JPears; 09-07-2018 at 8:01 PM.

• jpsartre
    • By jpsartre 9th Jul 18, 4:45 PM
    • 3,330 Posts
    • 2,146 Thanks
    jpsartre
    If it happens again am I best NOT taking the refund?
    Originally posted by chewback

If taking a refund leaves you with having to sort out alternative transportation yourself at short notice then it will usually be best not to take a refund.
    • ess0two
    • By ess0two 10th Jul 18, 4:56 PM
    • 2,942 Posts
    • 3,822 Thanks
    ess0two
    Can anyone advise me on a possible claim, Ryanair FR4032 Faro - Liverpool 09/07/18.

Flight stats shows 2hr 54 min delay.

Flightaware shows 3hr 23 min delay.

Which is the best way to proceed?????
    Last edited by ess0two; 11-07-2018 at 1:55 PM.
    Official MR B fan club,dont go............................
    • PomBear
    • By PomBear 10th Jul 18, 5:36 PM
    • 108 Posts
    • 21 Thanks
    PomBear
    Have you checked that both times (scheduled arrival and actual arrival) are in the same time zone? Both need to be either UTC or both need to be BST.

According to FR24, scheduled time of arrival was 23.30 BST and actual time of landing was 02.22 BST. So the delay in landing was 2 hours 52 minutes, but it would depend how long it took to taxi to gate and for first door to be opened. Playback shows the aircraft reaching gate at 02.26, giving them 4 minutes to get the stairs / airbridge to the aircraft and the first door open. This is a close one!
    • Justice13075
    • By Justice13075 10th Jul 18, 5:48 PM
    • 1,239 Posts
    • 480 Thanks
    Justice13075
    EuClaim says you are not due compensation. Put your flight details into bottonline and see what they say.
    • ess0two
    • By ess0two 11th Jul 18, 1:58 PM
    • 2,942 Posts
    • 3,822 Thanks
    ess0two
    Have you checked that both times (scheduled arrival and actual arrival) are in the same time zone? Both need to be either UTC or both need to be BST.

According to FR24, scheduled time of arrival was 23.30 BST and actual time of landing was 02.22 BST. So the delay in landing was 2 hours 52 minutes, but it would depend how long it took to taxi to gate and for first door to be opened. Playback shows the aircraft reaching gate at 02.26, giving them 4 minutes to get the stairs / airbridge to the aircraft and the first door open. This is a close one!
    Originally posted by PomBear
    Pilot navigated plane to stand like Raikkonen, front door was opened with in seconds of coming to stop, we disembarked through mobile steps attached to plane.

No claiming this one.
    Official MR B fan club,dont go............................
    • pc10
    • By pc10 13th Jul 18, 5:30 PM
    • 367 Posts
    • 67 Thanks
    pc10
    Ryanair Strike
    Hi - I am due to fly to Berlin with Ryanair on Fri 20.07.
    It is reported that some flights will be cancelled because of strike action.
    If it is cancelled, I don't want to go the next day and theres no alternative route from anywhere near when I can fly from.

If its cancelled, will Ryanair provide a refund for Fridays flight?

What about the return flight on Monday 23.07?

In addition to a refund, will I also be able to claim compensation for delayed arrival?

I have already booked and paid for a hotel - no refund due for cancelling this.

Will this be something I should claim from my travel insurance for?

Thanks
    • JPears
    • By JPears 13th Jul 18, 6:06 PM
    • 3,858 Posts
    • 1,063 Thanks
    JPears
    Welcome PC10.

You need to repost this on the Ryanair threAD.

Creating your own personal thread will make navigating the board much more difficult and inevitably your thread will disappear of the page into oblivion.
    In the meantime, download Vauban's superb guide for your answers.

• pc10
    • By pc10 13th Jul 18, 9:26 PM
    • 367 Posts
    • 67 Thanks
    pc10
    Apologies.
    Have read the guide but I can't find the FAQ you refer to.
    • JPears
    • By JPears 13th Jul 18, 9:45 PM
    • 3,858 Posts
    • 1,063 Thanks
    JPears
    What are you flight details- departure/destination, flight number etc?
    IF Ryanair cancel, they have an obligation to reroute you, with a different airline if necessary. And/Or you can claim compensation for the short notice cancelled flight, if it happens.
    The faq is more to do with new personal posts.. !!!55357;!!!56833;

• Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 14th Jul 18, 5:37 PM
    • 1,499 Posts
    • 668 Thanks
    Tyzap
    I was delayed by almost 5 hours on FR9120, Monday 9th July, the Manchester to Malaga flight. The captain explained that it was due to a fault with the right hand engine, which I recorded just in case.

Cheeky RA then sent me a meal voucher for 5 euros to use at one of their allocated outlets. When you use the voucher it is converted to 3.50!! Which is supposed to pay for a meal with a drink at an airport, what a joke.

I sent them a receipt for a snack and cup of tea along with my 261 claim the following day.

Lets see how long it takes them, as this should be a straightforward case.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
    • JPears
    • By JPears 14th Jul 18, 5:50 PM
    • 3,858 Posts
    • 1,063 Thanks
    JPears
    Straight forward and Ryanair in the same sentance?

Lol lets hope so. I've heard nothing from EJ regarding my re-routing expenses. They have 4 days left before the LBA goes in an email.

• Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 14th Jul 18, 6:11 PM
    • 1,499 Posts
    • 668 Thanks
    Tyzap
    Straight forward and Ryanair in the same sentance?

Lol lets hope so. I've heard nothing from EJ regarding my re-routing expenses. They have 4 days left before the LBA goes in an email.
    Originally posted by JPears
    Well we live in hope and Ive got to get home yet.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
    • Dr Watson
    • By Dr Watson 18th Jul 18, 8:31 PM
    • 434 Posts
    • 213 Thanks
    Dr Watson

Lets see how long it takes them, as this should be a straightforward case.
    Originally posted by Tyzap
    Tyzap,
    It should be, but then when they realise who you are, will they concede or fight?
    Do keep us informed. Safe journey back.
    Good luck and keep going- As if I needed to say it!
    Successfully sued Ryanair in 2013/14...and have been 'helping' litigants since then.

Current known score:-
    Dr Watson 35 - 0 Ryanair / Ince and Co

Go to post 569 on the Ryanair thread to read how to sue them safely.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

153Posts Today

1,494Users online

Martin's Twitter