Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 144
    • Voyager2002
    • By Voyager2002 22nd Jun 18, 11:07 AM
    • 12,778 Posts
    • 8,753 Thanks
    Voyager2002
    Do not accept the offer of a refund from Ryanair: they are obliged to provide EITHER a refund OR 'care' (hotel and food) plus rerouting (your rail ticket if they could not find a flight).

You should certainly inform your insurer, although any insurance payout is likely to be reduced by anything that you receive from Ryanair.
    • JPears
    • By JPears 22nd Jun 18, 12:00 PM
    • 4,503 Posts
    • 1,230 Thanks
    JPears
    Agreed. RA are effectively trying to fob you off by offering the refund negating your claim for duty of care and re-routing expenses.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
    • Cammie81
    • By Cammie81 23rd Jun 18, 1:44 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Cammie81
    Apologies if this is the wrong place. Ryanair significantly moved two of my flights (one for my wedding, one a few weeks earlier to bring out docs) and the next alternatives are more than a day after the originals. On their website it says they will accommodate you do your destination with a airline they have a reciprocal agreement with, fine. However when I phoned they advise you to book with another airline without any guarantee it will be accepted. Also says nothing about luggage, selected seats etc.

Anyone got any experience with this?
    • HelpwithRyanair
    • By HelpwithRyanair 23rd Jun 18, 1:46 PM
    • 26 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    HelpwithRyanair
    Hi, would anyone be able to tell me why this flight was delayed? It seems to be stuck on the runway for an hour but it doesn't say why and if it was the airline's fault or not?

Ryanair FR 2418 22/06/2018

uk.flightaware.cxm/live/flight/RYR2418/history/20180622/1230Z/EDDF/EGCC/tracklog
    • MaxandMummy
    • By MaxandMummy 26th Jun 18, 7:31 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    MaxandMummy
    Refunding to the wrong address
    Hiya, hope I can get some help.

I put through a refund request on behalf of my mum and her partner as they had a delayed flight of 6 hours. Ryanair have agreed to give a refund without quibble (woohoo!) thanks to the Resolver site. But the letter they issued has got the completely wrong address for my mum. As in the other side of the country wrong. They booked through a travel agent and the address isn't even related to them either.

Ryainair have now come back saying they won't reissue the cheque, despite providing passport and driving licence copies to prove the right address.

I'm now a bit stuck as £700 is a lot of potential money to lose and it's not like we can drive up to the place it is being sent as it's a vacant business address.

Any advice? Ryanair call centre is useless!
    Thanks everyone!
    Laura
    • JPears
    • By JPears 26th Jun 18, 8:51 AM
    • 4,503 Posts
    • 1,230 Thanks
    JPears
    Welcome.
    Your post should be on the Ryanair thread, not your own persoanl thread which makes navigation/searches difficult for everyone and will inevitavbly end up way down the board.
    In a word - sue.
    Did you claim/mean refund or compensation?

• JPears
    • By JPears 26th Jun 18, 2:31 PM
    • 4,503 Posts
    • 1,230 Thanks
    JPears
    Article 14 of EU 261/2004
    Has anybody actually witnessed/seen/observed the airlines' obligations under article 14 of the regualtion? (see below)
    When flying from Pisa with Ryanair earlier this month did see the correct notice as required at 1.
    Printed on an A6 paper sheet, on an empty Ryaniar desk that looked totally unused. None of the other desks had the notice. None of the desks in Leeds had the notice either.
    Flying EJ on Saturday from MAnchester so will check again.
    Friends who were delayed 20 hours from Ibiza received a letter, but not as required by paragraph 2. I t advised them to claim against their insurance...

Article 14
    Obligation to inform passengers of their rights
    1. The operating air carrier shall ensure that at check-in a clearly legible notice containing the following text is displayed in a manner clearly visible to passengers: "If you are denied boarding or if your flight is cancelled or delayed for at least two hours, ask at the check-in counter or boarding gate for the text stating your rights, particularly with regard to compensation and assistance".
    2. An operating air carrier denying boarding or cancelling a flight shall provide each passenger affected with a written notice setting out the rules for compensation and assistance in line with this Regulation. It shall also provide each passenger affected by a delay of at least two hours with an equivalent notice. The contact details of the national designated body referred to in Article 16 shall also be given to the passenger in written form.

• Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 26th Jun 18, 3:59 PM
    • 1,845 Posts
    • 793 Thanks
    Tyzap
    It's yet another part of the regs which the airlines just ignore, and the CAA ignores the airlines ignoring the regulations, cozy, but what do you expect when the CAA are in the airlines pocket, both metaphorically and financially speaking.

It's hardly surprising it gets ignored tho when the CAA just don't do what it says on the can. It's called REGULATION but that word does not seem to exist in the CAA's lexicon when it comes to consumer protection.

Delayed passengers should be able to use the lack of adherence to this article to their advantage. Without this basic information an informed decision cannot be made, and if that turns out to be to the detriment of the passenger the airline should be forced to start the process again.

Perhaps in some cases thats what we should be advising.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
    • JPears
    • By JPears 26th Jun 18, 4:12 PM
    • 4,503 Posts
    • 1,230 Thanks
    JPears
    Most definitely.
    It's all part of the obfuscation, misinformation and diversionary tactics used by the airlines.
    And unlawful to boot.
    It wouldn't be tolerated by my profession's regualtory body.
    Perhaps time for a FOI request to CAA?

• Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 26th Jun 18, 9:59 PM
    • 1,845 Posts
    • 793 Thanks
    Tyzap
    Here is another one for you JP, but a question first.

How many times have you seen an airline supply the time that the first door was opened upon arrival, when requested by the claimant?

3.3.3. Measuring the delay at arrival and concept of time of arrival
    The Court has concluded that the concept of ‘time of arrival’, which is used to determine the length of the delay to which passengers on a flight have been subject if arrival is delayed, corresponds to the time at which at least one of the doors of the aircraft is opened, the assumption being that, at that moment, the passengers are permitted to leave the aircraft31.The Commission considers that the operating air carrier should register the time of arrival on the basis of, for instance, a signed declaration by the flight crew or handling agent. The time of arrival should be provided free of charge upon request to the national enforcement body and the passengers where the operating air carrier seeks to rely on the arrival time as evidence of compliance with the Regulation.

I'm sure your answer will be the same as mine, never.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
    • AK47UK
    • By AK47UK 27th Jun 18, 12:33 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    AK47UK
    Flight delay caused additional car rental fee (booked through airline)
    Hi all,

I just got back from a trip with Ryan Air, I had booked a return flight and car rental at the same time on their website. The outbound flight was delayed by around 1.5 hours which caused me to land after the car hire desk was supposed to close. fortunately the hire desk remained open but charged an additional 30 euros due to having to stay open past their listed times (closes at 11pm).

Do I have any case to reclaim this from Ryan Air? I wondered if because it was all booked through them it meant they had to bear some responsibility? The return flight was delayed by around 2.5 hours but that didn't cause any financial loss.

Thanks
    • MaryGold
    • By MaryGold 27th Jun 18, 7:54 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    MaryGold
    Stranded due to delayed flight - can I claim taxi fare?
    My Ryanair flight from Perpignan to Birmingham was delayed by over two hours (but under three hours).

It was due to land at around 7.30pm, which meant I could easily have got a bus or train into Birmingham city centre and then a bus or train to Worcester, where I live. But it landed at around 10pm, which meant I was stranded. I could either have stayed overnight at a hotel or got a taxi home, so I chose the taxi, because I thought that would be the cheapest option. It was £85. Do I have any right to claim this from Ryanair? Any advice would be much appreciated.
    • jpsartre
    • By jpsartre 27th Jun 18, 7:58 PM
    • 3,748 Posts
    • 2,358 Thanks
    jpsartre
    Do I have any right to claim this from Ryanair?
    Originally posted by MaryGold

No. I would have left it at that but MSE requires that you respond with at least 10 characters.
    • JPears
    • By JPears 27th Jun 18, 8:36 PM
    • 4,503 Posts
    • 1,230 Thanks
    JPears
    And this should be on the Ryanair thread....

• Westin
    • By Westin 27th Jun 18, 9:28 PM
    • 1,714 Posts
    • 1,247 Thanks
    Westin
    And this should be on the Ryanair thread....
    Originally posted by JPears
    ..but the answer will still be No.
    • MaryGold
    • By MaryGold 28th Jun 18, 1:28 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    MaryGold
    My, what a friendly and well-mannered lot you are...
    • baza52
    • By baza52 28th Jun 18, 2:10 AM
    • 2,326 Posts
    • 2,496 Thanks
    baza52
    My, what a friendly and well-mannered lot you are...
    Originally posted by MaryGold
    perhaps you should have said that you didn't want a negative reply and only wanted people to post what you wanted to hear.

Nobody has been ill mannered with their replies, you just don't like them.

could you not have got any train or bus closer to your destination at that time? 10pm seems awfully early for trains or buses to stop running any service
    • phatbear
    • By phatbear 28th Jun 18, 2:48 AM
    • 3,540 Posts
    • 3,223 Thanks
    phatbear
    well.....

according to the ryanair website the only arrival at that time, eta is actually 19:45, is on a Tuesday and according to googlemaps if you had arrived at BHX on a tuesday at 22:00 you would have had 30mins to get on the cross country, then on to westmidlands, train and you would have been in worcester by 23:39.

have you tried your travel insurance?
    Live each day like its your last because one day you'll be right
    • silvercar
    • By silvercar 28th Jun 18, 4:29 AM
    • 38,650 Posts
    • 161,686 Thanks
    silvercar
    Welcome MaryGold, sorry some posters have been a little curt. I hope you find the answer to your question and stick around on the MSE forum. Although some forum members can be a little abrupt, you will generally find a helpful bunch of people on here.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debate House Prices & the Economy, House Buying, Renting & Selling, Mortgages and Endowments, In My Home incl DIY, Overseas Holidays & Student boards.
    I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly.
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com.
    • ihaveaq
    • By ihaveaq 28th Jun 18, 7:29 AM
    • 10 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ihaveaq
    Hey, the court ruling came back in my favour, and ryanair sent me an amount but it is less than it should be by about £30?

What should I do here, I do not accept this as completed, I am very upset.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,824Posts Today

5,024Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Right back to self imposed twitter exile until Thur - trying to be off work (not v successfully)

• Too painful to talk about. That result really was offsensive. For rancid cheese & onion to beat powerful salt & v? https://t.co/FJchchPk0o

• If you think this hypothetical's bad, here's some of my past polls - Which past PM would u resurrect to aid politi? https://t.co/N61QGBOJ6b

• Follow Martin