Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 130
    • legal magpie
    • By legal magpie 2nd Feb 18, 4:03 PM
    • 855 Posts
    • 381 Thanks
    legal magpie
    Baffling. I suggest you wait and see.
    • jpsartre
    • By jpsartre 2nd Feb 18, 4:09 PM
    • 3,085 Posts
    • 2,025 Thanks
    jpsartre
    Why are they organising a payment when they claim it not to be their fault?
    Originally posted by skycatcher
    Possibly a copy-paste error by the agent? I'm assuming you weren't claiming for any other expenses that they would be due to reimburse.
    • skycatcher
    • By skycatcher 2nd Feb 18, 4:11 PM
    • 16 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    skycatcher
    Possibly a copy-paste error by the agent? I'm assuming you weren't claiming for any other expenses that they would be due to reimburse.
    Originally posted by jpsartre
    No. They provided a voucher for food but the delay was 5 hours! There was no mention of bad weather being the cause of the delay from pilot and they did rush to get those doors open on arrival
    • eeric
    • By eeric 2nd Feb 18, 6:50 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    eeric
    Hi, I'm looking for some advice. 2 weeks ago we have had delayed flight, I have applied for compensation and today I have received cheque for 3 of us but not for an infant under 2years old. Should I write complain to Ryanair about it or there is no chance to get compensation for child under 2 years old. Thanks in advance
    • Justice13075
    • By Justice13075 2nd Feb 18, 8:54 PM
    • 1,086 Posts
    • 450 Thanks
    Justice13075
    did you pay anything for the infant if you did you are due compensation
    • jpsartre
    • By jpsartre 2nd Feb 18, 9:24 PM
    • 3,085 Posts
    • 2,025 Thanks
    jpsartre
    Originally posted by Justice13075
    This was always my impression as well although it's maybe worth noting that EUclaim.com (a NWNF company) won't take on claims for under 2's, presumably on the grounds that they've paid a discounted fare not available to the general public.
    Last edited by jpsartre; 02-02-2018 at 9:26 PM.
    • Justice13075
    • By Justice13075 2nd Feb 18, 9:53 PM
    • 1,086 Posts
    • 450 Thanks
    Justice13075
    I believe this was settled in April 2017 at Liverpool county court where Ryanair were taken to court by Bott & Co who represented a family whose child paid a £20 infant fee for the child to sit on the lap of one of his parents. Ryanair said they should not have to pay compensation in those circumstances. The Judge found against them. Ryanair said they would appeal this. I am not aware if they have.
    Last edited by Justice13075; 02-02-2018 at 9:58 PM.
    • skycatcher
    • By skycatcher 3rd Feb 18, 11:47 AM
    • 16 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    skycatcher
    I submitted a claim via resolver this morning and have had this reply.

We sincerely regret the delay of your flight FR3499 from Belfast to Lanzarote on the 11/12/2017, which was due to adverse weather conditions.

However, as this delay was unexpected and therefore outside Ryanair’s control, we regret to advise that no monetary compensation is due under EU Regulation 261/2004.

I wish to confirm that we are organising a payment for your compensation and in order for us to proceed, we require you to submit your bank details (i.e. Account Holder/Bank/Account Number/IBAN/Swift).

Why are they organising a payment when they claim it not to be their fault?
    Originally posted by skycatcher

Today I got an email from them saying they are sending me £703.28 within 10 days! Well worth the 5 mins I spend on Resolver yesterday and such a fast turn round!
    • eeric
    • By eeric 3rd Feb 18, 11:54 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    eeric
    I believe this was settled in April 2017 at Liverpool county court where Ryanair were taken to court by Bott & Co who represented a family whose child paid a £20 infant fee for the child to sit on the lap of one of his parents. Ryanair said they should not have to pay compensation in those circumstances. The Judge found against them. Ryanair said they would appeal this. I am not aware if they have.
    I did pay £20 infant fee, so you think guys my only option is to go through company like Bott & Co?
    • jpsartre
    • By jpsartre 3rd Feb 18, 11:57 AM
    • 3,085 Posts
    • 2,025 Thanks
    jpsartre
    I did pay £20 infant fee, so you think guys my only option is to go through company like Bott & Co?
    Originally posted by eeric
    I would ask Ryanair first why the infant passenger has not been compensated. Could be it's simply a mistake on their part.
    • Justice13075
    • By Justice13075 3rd Feb 18, 12:05 PM
    • 1,086 Posts
    • 450 Thanks
    Justice13075
    Give them a call and ask why they didn't pay for the infant and quote the case from Liverpool last year. If they don't pay tell them you will see them in court (mention Bott & Co see if that has any effect)
    • eeric
    • By eeric 4th Feb 18, 1:27 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    eeric
    Thanks guys for your advice, just got confirmation email I will get compensation for my 1 year old daughter as well.
    • Justice13075
    • By Justice13075 4th Feb 18, 1:35 PM
    • 1,086 Posts
    • 450 Thanks
    Justice13075
    I guess this means that Ryanair didn't appeal the decision.
    • uprkr
    • By uprkr 7th Feb 18, 5:28 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    uprkr
    I too have been refused compensation for my infant daughter, although they have compensated all other members of my family. I have contacted them several times but they keep refusing saying they need only compensate full fare paying passengers. Bott and co say they are unable to help at present as being a third party they are blocked by the Irish court system.Any advice as to a way forward would be appreciated as this has been going on since August 2017.
    uprkr
    • Justice13075
    • By Justice13075 7th Feb 18, 6:47 PM
    • 1,086 Posts
    • 450 Thanks
    Justice13075
    WRONG. This has already been settled last year at Liverpool county court (see above posts) Call them quote the case and tell them if you don't receive the compensation for your infant you will start court proceedings. As long as you paid a fare normally £20 you will be ok.
    • uprkr
    • By uprkr 7th Feb 18, 9:26 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    uprkr
    I have already done this and received a reply from them quoting EU261 regulations saying they must only pay compensation for full fare paying passengers and as I did not pay full fare they did not have to compensate her.It seems I will have to proceed to court as they won't budge.
    • Justice13075
    • By Justice13075 7th Feb 18, 9:55 PM
    • 1,086 Posts
    • 450 Thanks
    Justice13075
    can you post what they said because it is bovine excrement. the regulations say To qualify for compensation, each passenger needs to have paid a fare available to the general public. This means that children and infants do qualify for compensation, if they were not travelling on a free child place. So if you paid anything for the infant you are due compensation. I believe Ryanair do an infant price of around £20. Google and download vaubans guide, read and on page 6 is a letter before action template. Fill it out and send it to them.
    • uprkr
    • By uprkr 7th Feb 18, 10:39 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    uprkr
    Yes the £20 fare was paid. The reply was,
    "Dear Mr P,
    I refer to your online correspondence dated 14/11/2017.
    I regret to inform you that under the EU 261 regulation we must pay compensation only to full fare paying passengers ,if they are entitled.
    As an infant do not pay for a full fare,we are not in a position to pay compensation to him.
    Assuring you of our best intentions at all times.
    Yours Sincerley
    Laszlo Martin.
    Customer services"

I have corresponded with them since but received no reply.
    • Justice13075
    • By Justice13075 7th Feb 18, 11:11 PM
    • 1,086 Posts
    • 450 Thanks
    Justice13075
    They are wrong and just trying to fob you off. Follow the advice I gave.
    • JPears
    • By JPears 8th Feb 18, 9:34 AM
    • 3,590 Posts
    • 996 Thanks
    JPears
    Tut tut Ryanair, misquoting the regulations, so blatantly lying to your customers? Who would have thought Mr O'Leary would allow such a thing?
    The regulation: Article 3, paragraph 3,
    "3. This Regulation shall not apply to passengers travelling free of charge or at a reduced fare not available directly or indirectly to the public."
    Nowhere in the regulation does it say full fare paying passenger.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

138Posts Today

1,307Users online

Martin's Twitter