Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Ryanair ONLY

Comments

• Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    netg wrote: »
    Hi all,

Usual story RA delay, followed the advice here sent a letter and got the standard response! Our friends on the same flight did the same.

My question is, can I do a joint court claim with friends or does it have to be separate claims?

Thanks

Have you read my guide?
  • netg wrote: »
    Hi all,

Usual story RA delay, followed the advice here sent a letter and got the standard response! Our friends on the same flight did the same.

My question is, can I do a joint court claim with friends or does it have to be separate claims?

Thanks

netg,
    Yes you can pursue a joint claim, be sure to name all the claimants on your form A as part of the ESCP. One of you will be named as lead claimant. Be careful though not to exceed the total amount of €2000 dependant on the no. of claimants and the individual value of each claim.
    It is a small claims process and €2000 is the limit for this.
    Well done for finding the Ryanair thread by the way and, posting your first question on here, a breath of fresh air for us 'regular contributors'!
    Good luck and keep going
    Successfully sued Ryanair in 2013/14...and have been 'helping' litigants since then.

Current known score:-
    Dr Watson 35 - 0 Ryanair / Ince and Co

Go to post 622 on the Ryanair thread to read how to sue them safely.
  • netg
    netg Posts: 21 Forumite
    Dr_Watson wrote: »
    netg,
    Yes you can pursue a joint claim, be sure to name all the claimants on your form A as part of the ESCP. One of you will be named as lead claimant. Be careful though not to exceed the total amount of €2000 dependant on the no. of claimants and the individual value of each claim.
    It is a small claims process and €2000 is the limit for this.
    Well done for finding the Ryanair thread by the way and, posting your first question on here, a breath of fresh air for us 'regular contributors'!
    Good luck and keep going

Thanks Dr Watson, yes I've been looking at the forum for a while, so thanks for all the useful info! And it would go over €2000, so separate claims it is!

Which post has your ESCP info on, the post numbers keep changing?!
  • netg
    Vauban wrote: »
    Have you read my guide?

Hi Vauban, I've downloaded and am reading as we speak, thanks.
    Thanks Dr Watson, yes I've been looking at the forum for a while, so thanks for all the useful info! And it would go over €2000, so separate claims it is!

Which post has your ESCP info on, the post numbers keep changing?!

Page 29 post 569.

Do have a good read of our Lord Prof Vaubans guide, all the information including the current case law that surrounds 261/2004 is in there.
    Believe me, a lot of hard work and experience has gone into it...
    Priceless.
    Successfully sued Ryanair in 2013/14...and have been 'helping' litigants since then.

• netg
    Page 29 post 569.

Do have a good read of our Lord Prof Vaubans guide, all the information including the current case law that surrounds 261/2004 is in there.
    Believe me, a lot of hard work and experience has gone into it...
    Priceless.

Agreed it is good, thanks both.

One quick question the initial letter I sent didn't contain the text notice before action (it was the template letter), does this matter for ESCP?
    Agreed it is good, thanks both.

One quick question the initial letter I sent didn't contain the text notice before action (it was the template letter), does this matter for ESCP?

I presume within it that you stated the amount you are claiming, when you expect a response by and, that if you did not receive this you would start legal proceedings?
    If so then start your claim, if not just to cover all bases then I would resend your letter making sure that wording to this effect is included.
    Something like, `should you not pay or reply within xx days of the date of this letter then, I shall commence legal proceedings using the ESCP to obtain the compensation I am due`.
    And when they do not respond to this or, send the usual generic response, it will be Form A time.

• netg
    I presume within it that you stated the amount you are claiming, when you expect a response by and, that if you did not receive this you would start legal proceedings?
    If so then start your claim, if not just to cover all bases then I would resend your letter making sure that wording to this effect is included.
    Something like, `should you not pay or reply within xx days of the date of this letter then, I shall commence legal proceedings using the ESCP to obtain the compensation I am due`.
    And when they do not respond to this or, send the usual generic response, it will be Form A time.

Thanks, it's form A time then! I'll keep you posted..

PS - any sign of the RA Christmas Card? :rotfl:
    Thanks, it's form A time then! I'll keep you posted..

PS - any sign of the RA Christmas Card? :rotfl:

Well, I know from experience `mail and compensation` from Dublin can be slow, but hey still a few days to go yet!!

• RA have refused to pay compensation and my agents now want to go through the courts. If I agree to this I have to sign a Power of Attorney form. Will they want my bank acc. details as well?

TYIA
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure