Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 34
    • Caz3121
    • By Caz3121 28th Sep 18, 10:11 AM
    • 11,550 Posts
    • 7,553 Thanks
    Caz3121
    I was shocked that no form of compensation was offered at airport voucher etc
    Originally posted by Sarahx87x
    assuming you mean for refreshments whilst you waited, you will be able to send in copies of your receipts for reimbursement
    • Purplezinc
    • By Purplezinc 19th Oct 18, 5:00 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Purplezinc
    I have a slightly different query that I can't seem to find the answer to. Hopefully someone can help. Flybe have agreed to pay me €250 but they want to make the payment in Euro which I think my bank will take a significant cut from? They seem to suggest if I call them they will take card details and put it onto a card, will that be a better way to do it?
    • Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 19th Oct 18, 7:30 PM
    • 1,727 Posts
    • 748 Thanks
    Tyzap
    I have a slightly different query that I can't seem to find the answer to. Hopefully someone can help. Flybe have agreed to pay me 250 but they want to make the payment in Euro which I think my bank will take a significant cut from? They seem to suggest if I call them they will take card details and put it onto a card, will that be a better way to do it?
    Originally posted by Purplezinc
    If you want payment in 's you only need to ask them, it's very unusual for any airline to try to pay in 's in the UK.

If you are happy with a payment onto a card then you can accept that.

Good luck.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
    • dansdad
    • By dansdad 10th Nov 18, 2:47 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    dansdad
    Successful claim
    It is very difficult to ascertain the history of your flight and the airplanes preceeding rotations as flybe seem to mix it up which aircraft and aircraft type fly which legs on a daily basis.
    However, it would seem that the incoming flight from Jersey to Manchester never made as it is shown as cancelled, presumably due to weather. As a result Flybe may have alloted a different plane to do your flight. So you were delayed as there was initially no plane to take you.
    Flights were landing normally at Jersey at the time you were supposed to land.
    So in my view you and your travelling companions are due compensation for the delay/cancellation.
    Originally posted by JPears
    Thanks for your help and advice.
    We put a claim in for delay compensation using the Resolver link on MSE. We received an email yesterday offering us not only 250 Euros each but also a full refund on the fares we had paid.

All in all a success but we would rather have had the holiday. On another point can we ask for the refund to be paid in sterling to prevent a bank charge on converting from euros?
    • JPears
    • By JPears 10th Nov 18, 10:02 PM
    • 4,326 Posts
    • 1,183 Thanks
    JPears
    Yes you should. Flybe is a UK company, so no reason for the need to pay in Euro. Be prepared for a disadvantageous exchange rate....
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
    • maloricsmam
    • By maloricsmam 12th Nov 18, 3:51 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    maloricsmam
    My daughter had her flight with flybe cancelled on arrival at airport - 30th August 2018 8.45am flight and received a text from Flybe while at airport when she went to desk to enquire she was just told technical problems.
    They put passengers on a coach from Newcastle to Southampton which took some 6-7 or so hours then she had to catch her train to Poole meaning she basically had to cancel all of her plans that day and effectively lost a days holiday.
    She contacted Flybe and submitted a claim 6 weeks ago and this morning has been offered 75 off future flight, I though compensation was more than this for delay of arrival of more than 3+ hours at her destination based on a previous experience of my own several years ago and I was offered 150 cash or 250 in future flights.
    She has tried to get in touch with Flybe direct but has had no success which makes me wonder if they are outsourcing and trying to get people to accept paltry sums.

Any advice would be appreciated
    Last edited by maloricsmam; 12-11-2018 at 4:00 PM. Reason: additional info
    • Justice13075
    • By Justice13075 12th Nov 18, 3:52 PM
    • 1,478 Posts
    • 526 Thanks
    Justice13075
    Just answered on your previous post
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

123Posts Today

1,689Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I've just heard about the 8 month pregnant woman shot through the stomach by a crossbow. Its both evil and medie? https://t.co/hQTOxWiXhj

• Major new guide... Brexit, what it means for you and your finances: M mortgages, savings, flights, consumer rights? https://t.co/SXCMG2qXwX

• Have you haggled on the high street in the last year? If so who with and did you succeed? Please vote in this week? https://t.co/fdzmmFfA4u

• Follow Martin