Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 102
    • Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 5th Aug 18, 8:34 PM
    • 1,690 Posts
    • 737 Thanks
    Tyzap
    Hi Ollie31770,

That is Involuntary Denied Boarding (IDB).

There is no defence open to the airline for IDB so you should receive your compensation (once you apply for it) without too much trouble, fingers crossed!

You should also inform the CAA that volunteers were not requested by BA. You were forced off the flight against your will and that is in complete contradiction with what they are expected to do in that situation.

Some passengers would probably have been happy to stay for another night for a tempting cash payment. That way the situation could have been resolved to everyones satisfaction.

More about this situation here...

https://www.pprune.org/10214476-post102.html

Good luck.
    Last edited by Tyzap; 06-08-2018 at 9:34 AM.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
    • ollie31770
    • By ollie31770 5th Aug 18, 9:13 PM
    • 16 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ollie31770
    Thanks for that advice, much appreciated!
    • 7Chrono
    • By 7Chrono 6th Aug 18, 1:57 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    7Chrono
    19 hour delay, BA refusing compensation citing 'adverse weather'
    Hi, the flight compensation tools suggest that I'd be eligible for compensation. What's the next step? Do I threaten to take them to the small claims court, or is there a regulator or ombudsman I can go to first?

Thanks,

Luke
    • Justice13075
    • By Justice13075 6th Aug 18, 2:03 PM
    • 1,455 Posts
    • 520 Thanks
    Justice13075
    Google and download "Vaubans guide" all in there
    • jpsartre
    • By jpsartre 6th Aug 18, 2:15 PM
    • 3,549 Posts
    • 2,257 Thanks
    jpsartre
    Hi, the flight compensation tools suggest that I'd be eligible for compensation. What's the next step? Do I threaten to take them to the small claims court, or is there a regulator or ombudsman I can go to first?

Thanks,

Luke
    Originally posted by 7Chrono

There were thunderstorms over LHR on the day of your flight. According to the article below, more than 50 flights were cancelled from LHR because of it. EUClaim also says you have no claim. Probably a waste of time and money to go to small claims court.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5780565/Hail-SCARY-Heavy-rain-batters-London-stifling-81F-Bank-Holiday-Monday.html
    • dsp007
    • By dsp007 8th Aug 18, 2:42 PM
    • 25 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    dsp007
    BA Delay from JFK to NCL via Heathrow
    Hello,I'm after a bit of advice ,I was recently delayed on a BA flight from JFK to Ncl via LHR for 3hrs 14mins ,which BA have accepted and offered me 250 euros. The delay was on the domestic portion of the flight ,which is what they state I am entitled to claim for. The whole journey was on one ticket and I believe rightly or wrongly that I should receive the full compensation amount of 600euros ,any advice would be much appreciated.
    • dsp007
    • By dsp007 8th Aug 18, 4:04 PM
    • 25 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    dsp007
    having had another read of the regulations , I believe that the amount of 250 euros is wrong and as the delay was between 3 and 4 hrs we shoal receive at least 300 euros each. I have been offered 25,000 Avios as an alternative and yet my wife and daughter who were on another ticket have not
    • jpsartre
    • By jpsartre 8th Aug 18, 4:42 PM
    • 3,549 Posts
    • 2,257 Thanks
    jpsartre
    having had another read of the regulations , I believe that the amount of 250 euros is wrong and as the delay was between 3 and 4 hrs we shoal receive at least 300 euros each.
    Originally posted by dsp007

Correct, you are due 300 each.
    • dsp007
    • By dsp007 9th Aug 18, 10:01 AM
    • 25 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    dsp007
    BA insist that I am only entitled to compensation for the flight from LHR to NCL 250euros and not from JFK to NCL 300euros
    • jpsartre
    • By jpsartre 9th Aug 18, 10:27 AM
    • 3,549 Posts
    • 2,257 Thanks
    jpsartre
    Well, they are wrong.
    • Justice13075
    • By Justice13075 9th Aug 18, 10:43 AM
    • 1,455 Posts
    • 520 Thanks
    Justice13075
    Very Wrong send them a letter before action give them 14 days to pay then sue them.
    • JPears
    • By JPears 9th Aug 18, 10:52 AM
    • 4,265 Posts
    • 1,165 Thanks
    JPears
    It's the Gahan v Emirates case that established/confirmedbthe single journey concept of the regulation.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
    • dsp007
    • By dsp007 9th Aug 18, 11:57 AM
    • 25 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    dsp007
    Thanks for the advice ,I'll let you know how I get on
    • dsp007
    • By dsp007 15th Aug 18, 1:26 PM
    • 25 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    dsp007
    BA still adamant that we are only entitled to 250 euros.

Thanks for getting back in touch with me. I'm sorry to hear you're still unhappy with my response.

As previously discussed, your delayed flight to London Heathrow didn't have a knock-on effect on your itinerary, and you were able to connect to flight BA1334. As flight to London Heathrow didn't directly affect your final arrival time in Newcastle, I'm afraid we can't consider this to be part of your disrupted journey. I'm sorry to disappoint you as I know this isn't the answer you wanted to hear.

As an alternative to 250 compensation, we can offer 25,000 Avios each in place of a cash payment for both yourself and your daughter. Subject to availability, you can put your Avios towards future bookings or use them to upgrade your class of travel next time you fly with us. They can also be used for hotels and car hire. You can visit www.ba.com/executiveclub to find out more. Please let me know whether you'd prefer to receive Avios as an alternative to the cash payment. You can reply to this email by using the blue link below. If you decide to accept the settlement in Avios, you're accepting we have fulfilled our obligations under EC Regulation 261/2004 and you're not entitled to any further compensation.

Thanks again for taking the time to contact us. We value your support as a loyal member of our Executive Club and we look forward to welcoming you on board your flight to London Heathrow on 31 August. I look forward to your reply and you can contact me directly using the blue link below.

Again this journey was on a single ticket from JFK to Newcastle via Heathrow and BA are classing it as two separate journeys.
    • JPears
    • By JPears 15th Aug 18, 1:37 PM
    • 4,265 Posts
    • 1,165 Thanks
    JPears
    Again BA are wrong and it is pathetic they are arguing over !!!8364;50. How many of you were traveling?
    Did you make/mark your last communication an NBA?
    If so it's court time. If just yourself then MCOL, if more than 1 then conventional N1 paper form.

• dsp007
    • By dsp007 15th Aug 18, 1:44 PM
    • 25 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    dsp007
    Just myself on 1 booking ,wife and daughter on a separate booking but exact same flight details .
    • JPears
    • By JPears 15th Aug 18, 3:44 PM
    • 4,265 Posts
    • 1,165 Thanks
    JPears
    And have they had the same !!!8364;250 offer/response?

• dsp007
    • By dsp007 15th Aug 18, 4:28 PM
    • 25 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    dsp007
    Yes they have been offered the same compensation , although initially they were not offered the Avios alternative.
    • dsp007
    • By dsp007 16th Aug 18, 5:55 PM
    • 25 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    dsp007
    I've now received my own reply from BA and again they are insistent with their point of view that the first journey JFK to LHR cannot be counted towards the total distance travelled

Thanks for coming back to us about your delayed flight to Newcastle. Youre clearly unhappy with the compensation weve offered you and I understand why, but hopefully I can explain our position to you below.

As weve discussed previously, you were able to board flight BA1334. This means your previous delayed flight to London Heathrow, BA0182, didn't have a knock-on effect on your itinerary. As flight to London Heathrow didn't directly affect your final arrival time in Newcastle, I'm afraid we can't consider the distance of this flight when calculating how much compensation you're due. This means we won't be able to offer any more compensation or a larger amount of Avios as an alternative. I'm sorry to let you down as it's clear you expected more from us. I hope you'll understand we need to be consistent in our approach to situations like this so we're fair to all of our customers.

Thanks again for getting in touch. We really appreciate your support as a Blue Executive Club member and I hope our decision wont stop you from choosing to fly with us again. Please use the blue link below to contact me directly if I can help with any other separate issues.

Best regards
    • Justice13075
    • By Justice13075 16th Aug 18, 6:02 PM
    • 1,455 Posts
    • 520 Thanks
    Justice13075
    As JPears says it's court time.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

134Posts Today

1,259Users online

Martin's Twitter