Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 447
    • Shug61
    • By Shug61 3rd Aug 18, 9:26 AM
    • 35 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Shug61
    Just a short foot note to our claim for the flight delay TUI finally paid up thay must love wasting money as they incurred solicitors costs for the claim
    Originally posted by cletus1
    Based on history, looks like for every one they have to pay out on, hundreds are fobbed off or just give up, or are encouraged not to claim by misinformation, so worth it overall for their balance sheet
    • philng
    • By philng 6th Aug 18, 10:53 AM
    • 643 Posts
    • 84 Thanks
    philng
    Received my compo finally today from TUI. Case started 12th March & completed 6th August (147 days) with help from CEDR.

Thank you to everyone on here for helping me through the process.

TIP be persistent & use CEDR if TUI initially decline your case & you believe your claim to be valid (confirm via one of the links from this thread).
    • JPears
    • By JPears 6th Aug 18, 12:16 PM
    • 4,404 Posts
    • 1,202 Thanks
    JPears
    Or just go straight to MCOL if you don't want to wait 5 months for what you're legal entitled to straightaway.
    Pulling are you sending a letter of complaint about TUI to CAA?
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
    • Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 6th Aug 18, 12:36 PM
    • 1,750 Posts
    • 755 Thanks
    Tyzap
    Received my compo finally today from TUI. Case started 12th March & completed 6th August (147 days) with help from CEDR.

Thank you to everyone on here for helping me through the process.

TIP be persistent & use CEDR if TUI initially decline your case & you believe your claim to be valid (confirm via one of the links from this thread).
    Originally posted by philng
    Well it took a while but you got there in the end, they never make it easy.

Well done
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
    • Cleverclover
    • By Cleverclover 6th Aug 18, 12:45 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Cleverclover
    I tried claiming compensation from TUI for a delayed flight to Dominican Republic back dated to 2014. I began via resolver but unlike BA, TUI didn't respond each time I escalated the case. I emailed them directly from their website on Wednesday and 3 working days later I have had a letter with compensation paid of €1500 euros! Result!( for 5 delayed people)
    • Justice13075
    • By Justice13075 6th Aug 18, 1:26 PM
    • 1,518 Posts
    • 528 Thanks
    Justice13075
    How late did you arrive in the Dominican Republic if it was more than 4 hours you should have had 3,000 euro's
    • korf
    • By korf 7th Aug 18, 11:18 AM
    • 53 Posts
    • 157 Thanks
    korf
    Still waiting for TUI to pay up
    Despite CEDR deciding in my favour TUI have still not paid up.
    The deadline for payment has passed a few weeks ago and although I am trying to chase the airline haven't done or said anything since mid June.

It is very annoying but I am still hopeful thanks to the other posts on here where eventually payment has been made. TUI do seem to do everything they can to delay or avoid paying!

CEDR don't seem to be able to enforce their decisions which is a shame as before this I thought the process was pretty good.
    • JPears
    • By JPears 7th Aug 18, 11:27 AM
    • 4,404 Posts
    • 1,202 Thanks
    JPears
    I think you need to do 3 things.
    1. Send an NBA to TUI giving 14 days for payment. In the meantime register with MCOL and get you form all filled in ready to submit.
    2. Write a letter of complaint to CEDR. Ask what enforcement powers they have. (None as far as we are aware here)
    3 Write a letter of complaint to CAA asking the above questions and why they are ignoring their legal obligations to regulate the airlines, protecting consumers from airlines that intentionally and repeatedly break the law?

• korf
    • By korf 7th Aug 18, 1:09 PM
    • 53 Posts
    • 157 Thanks
    korf
    TUI have just replied saying the payment will be in my account within 2 weeks! So I will give them a little longer but will use your suggested steps if this turns out to be too good to be true.
    • JPears
    • By JPears 7th Aug 18, 5:22 PM
    • 4,404 Posts
    • 1,202 Thanks
    JPears
    I would still do all 3.!!!55357;!!!56841;

• philng
    • By philng 8th Aug 18, 8:32 AM
    • 643 Posts
    • 84 Thanks
    philng
    Despite CEDR deciding in my favour TUI have still not paid up.
    The deadline for payment has passed a few weeks ago and although I am trying to chase the airline haven't done or said anything since mid June.

It is very annoying but I am still hopeful thanks to the other posts on here where eventually payment has been made. TUI do seem to do everything they can to delay or avoid paying!

CEDR don't seem to be able to enforce their decisions which is a shame as before this I thought the process was pretty good.
    Originally posted by korf
    I was advised by CEDR that the decision they make is BINDING on TUI so they will eventually pay up.

TUI went past my deadline but I was persistent in contacting CEDR by phone every 3 or 4 days to chase up & this worked with payment received yesterday direct in to my account around 2 weeks after the deadline.
    • Dennismum
    • By Dennismum 8th Aug 18, 10:06 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Dennismum
    24 HR FLIGHT DELAY - TUI help?
    Hi MSE,
    Wondered if I could get some advice? TUI package holiday Luton to Paphos. Return flight we had to make an emergency landing in Frankfurt due medical emergency on board. When we landed it was confirmed that the passenger had died and we had to comply with German procedures for this. The crew had exceeded their operating hours so we could not fly back that day. We were eventually put up in a hotel but the whole episode from the emergency landing to arriving back into the uk 23 hrs and 45 minutes late was an absolute ordeal which I won’t go into at the moment but was compounded by lack of instruction and information at all stages. Whilst everyone on the plane were shocked and completely sympathetic to the families tragic loss, we all lost a days wages as well as everything else that goes along with a delay of that scale.
    When we returned I contacted TUI flight delay via email as their website instructed and apparently we won’t hear anything for 56 days.!
    Is this really normal not to have any feedback /confirmation for nearly 2 months?
    • Dennismum
    • By Dennismum 8th Aug 18, 10:14 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Dennismum
    TUI flight delay as diverted can I claim
    Hi MSE,
    Wondered if I could get some advice? TUI package holiday Luton to Paphos. Return flight we had to make an emergency landing in Frankfurt due medical emergency on board. When we landed it was confirmed that the passenger had died and we had to comply with German procedures for this. The crew had exceeded their operating hours so we could not fly back that day. We were eventually put up in a hotel but the whole episode from the emergency landing to arriving back into the uk 23 hrs and 45 minutes late was an absolute ordeal which I won’t go into at the moment but was compounded by lack of instruction and information at all stages. Whilst everyone on the plane were shocked and completely sympathetic to the families tragic loss, we all lost a days wages as well as everything else that goes along with a delay of that scale.
    When we returned I contacted TUI flight delay via email as their website instructed and apparently we won’t hear anything for 56 days.!
    Is this really normal not to have any feedback /confirmation for nearly 2 months?
    • Caz3121
    • By Caz3121 8th Aug 18, 10:31 AM
    • 11,592 Posts
    • 7,570 Thanks
    Caz3121
    Dennismum - have you spoken to your travel insurance? I would suspect that EU261 would not apply due to the reason for the delay. If you had expenses during the delay for hotel or food, this should be reimbursed under duty of care
    • keithwtj
    • By keithwtj 9th Aug 18, 7:27 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    keithwtj
    Manchester to Rhodes 31/3/2018
    Has anyone claimed and received flight delay compensation for this flight. We were over 4 hours late at our arrival after being flown out on Dreamliner after our aircraft was taken out of service. I submitted my claim on 8/4/2018 and keep getting told it is under review. Can anyone please comment.
    • Justice13075
    • By Justice13075 9th Aug 18, 8:04 AM
    • 1,518 Posts
    • 528 Thanks
    Justice13075
    Download Vaubans Guide on page 6 is a template letter before action send it to them and give them 14 days to pay or you will sue them.
    • susidoh
    • By susidoh 9th Aug 18, 9:58 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    susidoh
    Time Limit?
    I am trying to claim for flight compensation for a delayed flight by TUI - who are saying that they don't have to respond to me in any time limit. Is that right? I want phone to chase up but want all the info I can arm myself with first.
    • Justice13075
    • By Justice13075 9th Aug 18, 10:46 AM
    • 1,518 Posts
    • 528 Thanks
    Justice13075
    How long ago did you contact them?
    • DrA_Harrogate
    • By DrA_Harrogate 9th Aug 18, 12:03 PM
    • 273 Posts
    • 101 Thanks
    DrA_Harrogate
    Please put your post in the relevant thread (see first post). Not responding is merely one of a portfolio of tactics airlines use to put people off claiming. Download Vauban's excellent guide and find out that it is probably time for an NBA.
    • MrsHill2013
    • By MrsHill2013 9th Aug 18, 7:23 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    MrsHill2013
    Just wanted to post some really good feedback on receiving compensation from Tui.
    I originally applied via Resolver at the end of June following a 4.5 hour delay on our flight on the 10th June, but after a month I hadn't even had a confirmation from them that they'd received it. Following the advice on MSE, I decided to contact TUI directly, which I did this week. Within 2 days I've received a reply saying we'll get £718 compensation to be paid in the next 28 days! So I'd definitely recommend contacting them directly rather than using any other 3rd party website.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,736Posts Today

7,533Users online

Martin's Twitter