Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 429
    • Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 4th May 18, 2:07 PM
    • 1,380 Posts
    • 638 Thanks
    Tyzap
    Well my date's come & gone, & still I've had no compensation paid into my account. TUI said that they aimed to pay the money into my account within 28 days, that was on 20 March. I've been in touch with CEDR they never replied, so I rang them yesterday & they said they'd chase it up for me. So what's next then?
    Originally posted by DUKE
    Don't think you have much option just yet, wait for a bit longer and keep pushing CEDR if they don't get back to you soon.

This seems to be the achilles heel of CEDR, they need to get this reoccurring problem resolve soon or they are going to lose credibility with claimants.

Please let us know how you get on.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
    • DUKE
    • By DUKE 4th May 18, 2:19 PM
    • 7,074 Posts
    • 304,522 Thanks
    DUKE
    I've already emailed CAA, & sent the court action email to TUI. Perhaps I've been a bit too impatient. Thanks Tyzap, I'll definitely let you know.
    Thanks everyone!
    • JPears
    • By JPears 4th May 18, 2:31 PM
    • 3,680 Posts
    • 1,023 Thanks
    JPears
    You've waited nearly twice as long as was stated by Tui.
    CEDR would appear to be incapable or uninterested.
    I don't think you've been impatient. Both of the above are good next steps. Although the CAA is impotent. Keep us updated.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
    • DUKE
    • By DUKE 4th May 18, 4:39 PM
    • 7,074 Posts
    • 304,522 Thanks
    DUKE
    I only left it that long as I've been away for a few weeks.

This is what CEDR added to the discussion after I rang them:

Please note that the Passenger has called in today to state that they have still not received their compensation. Please can the Airline endeavour to update them on what is happening with their case.

I've had the standard emails from CAA, & TUI, to acknowledge my emails.

I'll let you know JPears, thanks.
    Thanks everyone!
    • DUKE
    • By DUKE 7th May 18, 9:23 AM
    • 7,074 Posts
    • 304,522 Thanks
    DUKE
    If Botts had taken this on would Tui have paid up any quicker? Just a thought, but I suppose if they're ignoring courts then they probably ignore solicitors too.
    Thanks everyone!
    • Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 7th May 18, 10:02 AM
    • 1,380 Posts
    • 638 Thanks
    Tyzap
    If Botts had taken this on would Tui have paid up any quicker? Just a thought, but I suppose if they're ignoring courts then they probably ignore solicitors too.
    I don't think it's as easy for them to ignore solicitors, like Botts, because they deal with many claims, often for the same flight. Their records will show if the airline has already paid out for a particular flight.

Also the airlines know that solicitors have much knowledge and experience in this field, so it's not easy for them to 'pull the wool over their eyes'

My impression is that some airlines are better than others when it comes to being honest with claimant and are more trustworthy. On the other hand, some airlines will lie to claimants on a regular basis, particularly when the time is very close to the 3hr limit or when a genuine claim coincides with a strike or bad weather.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
    • DUKE
    • By DUKE 7th May 18, 2:58 PM
    • 7,074 Posts
    • 304,522 Thanks
    DUKE
    Thanks Tyzap. Although it's not like I've had to put much effort into it myself so far, but I'm thinking if it goes to court & they still ignore it then it might be worth setting Botts on to them.
    Thanks everyone!
    • Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 7th May 18, 8:14 PM
    • 1,380 Posts
    • 638 Thanks
    Tyzap
    Thanks Tyzap. Although it's not like I've had to put much effort into it myself so far, but I'm thinking if it goes to court & they still ignore it then it might be worth setting Botts on to them.
    They cannot ignore a court ruling, the Sheriffs would sort that out for you PDQ.

If you would rather someone else deal with it for you, Botts are as good as they come, 3 out of 3 claims for me, very professional too.
    • DUKE
    • By DUKE 8th May 18, 10:12 AM
    • 7,074 Posts
    • 304,522 Thanks
    DUKE
    Botts did offer, but I wanted all the money to myself so decided against this when I discovered CEDR. Although I never had the money in the first place so half's better than none, & no stress. It's beginning to annoy me now.

I've just rang TUI HQ & asked them to put me through to Rebecca Thomas
    Flight Delay Claims Litigation Executive
    Flight Delay Claims Department
    TUI GROUP

She was the one who agreed to pay the compensation. Bet she had a shock She said it was going in today. I ain't holding my breath though.
    Thanks everyone!
    • mooretr
    • By mooretr 8th May 18, 10:24 AM
    • 10 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    mooretr
    Still no Money!
    CEDR Decision 14th Feb
    Tui given 20 working days from 23rd March to pay up (after escalation)
    Still no money. Has been escalated AGAIN by both CAA and CEDR. If I wasn't flat out at work I'd be starting the legal action. Might ring Rebeccas Thomas myself!!!!
    • JPears
    • By JPears 8th May 18, 10:35 AM
    • 3,680 Posts
    • 1,023 Thanks
    JPears
    DUKE and mooetr, I think we would be interested to see both the response from CEDR and CAA about Tui's failure to pay....

• NoviceAngel
    • By NoviceAngel 8th May 18, 10:40 AM
    • 2,034 Posts
    • 608 Thanks
    NoviceAngel
    Disgusting I'd issue an NBA and issue proceedings.
    After reading PtL Vaubans Guide , please don't desert us, hang around and help others!

Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
    • CEDR
    • By CEDR 8th May 18, 1:31 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    CEDR
    CEDR escalation
    Hi. Can you email your case number to adr@cedr.com and I will chase down the payment for you. John, CEDR
    • DUKE
    • By DUKE 8th May 18, 2:43 PM
    • 7,074 Posts
    • 304,522 Thanks
    DUKE
    I've just replied to the above email, & had an immediate response from John at CEDR. He's raised the issue with senior management at TUI, response pending. Feeling rather excited now
    Thanks everyone!
    • JPears
    • By JPears 8th May 18, 2:54 PM
    • 3,680 Posts
    • 1,023 Thanks
    JPears
    Hmmm, I hope your excitement is short lived and replaced by elation at getting your money!

• NoviceAngel
    • By NoviceAngel 8th May 18, 3:20 PM
    • 2,034 Posts
    • 608 Thanks
    NoviceAngel
    Hi. Can you email your case number to adr@cedr.com and I will chase down the payment for you. John, CEDR
    Originally posted by CEDR
    It would be good if John at CEDR would hang around and help passengers with claims on this forum, one post is not convincing but CEDR and John are certainly welcome as far as I’m concerned.

You never know - we might start recommending the CEDR process.
    After reading PtL Vaubans Guide , please don't desert us, hang around and help others!

Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
    • CEDR
    • By CEDR 8th May 18, 6:05 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    CEDR
    I'm right here.
    • DUKE
    • By DUKE 9th May 18, 12:07 PM
    • 7,074 Posts
    • 304,522 Thanks
    DUKE
    So Rebecca Thomas lied when she said that the compensation was going into my account yesterday.

Had this email from CEDR:
    Please note that the airline has provided evidence regarding the enforcement of the final decision, and added the following comment(s):

"".

CEDR will now review the evidence submitted, and decide whether or not this is sufficient to consider this matter closed.

Plus another email with Payment Info on saying that I'll be paid ASAP. Not soon enough though!

That was at just after 3pm yesterday.

Emailed CEDR, but nothing.

Just checked my Bank account & still nothing.

Just tried to ring HQ again to speak to Rebecca Thomas on 08444530245, in case anyone else wants to try. The woman who answered said she couldn't put me through, I told her that she did yesterday. I waited on the line for 10 minutes whilst listening to that dreadful TUI tune, I only gave up as it was draining my battery. Perhaps I should wait outside the office for her.

Just heard from CEDR Aviation: Dear DUKE,

Thank you for your email.

Apologies Tui has still not made payment.

We will chase this up for you. Tui will post a message to confirm when the payment has been made and advise when you should expect to receive it in your account.

Kind Regards,

CEDR

A 2nd email from CEDR: Dear DUKE,

I have contacted TUI in regards to the outstanding payment. They will provide you with an update within the next few working days.

Kind regards
    CEDR

I think they're either still ignoring everyone, or due to TUI having so many payments to make I'm in a very, very, long queue.
    Last edited by DUKE; 09-05-2018 at 1:48 PM.
    Thanks everyone!
    • JPears
    • By JPears 9th May 18, 2:53 PM
    • 3,680 Posts
    • 1,023 Thanks
    JPears
    Its an example of how they run the business - badly.

• legal magpie
    • By legal magpie 9th May 18, 4:56 PM
    • 870 Posts
    • 382 Thanks
    legal magpie
    You have won your case and CEDR should be putting pressure on Tui. Of course they won't because they get a large amount of money from the airlines and won't want to risk losing it by upsetting the airlines. So far as I know, this doesn't apply to the case decisions themselves.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,482Posts Today

8,064Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin