Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 429
    • redmalc
    • By redmalc 8th Mar 18, 11:27 PM
    • 1,288 Posts
    • 480 Thanks
    redmalc
    Anyone stuck in Cancun at the moment waiting for the flight to Birmingham with Tui.
    Looks like a 30 hour delay and nothing but lies from the local reps
    • Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 8th Mar 18, 11:49 PM
    • 1,634 Posts
    • 714 Thanks
    Tyzap
    Anyone stuck in Cancun at the moment waiting for the flight to Birmingham with Tui.
    Looks like a 30 hour delay and nothing but lies from the local reps
    Originally posted by redmalc
    Do you have any details that may help others?
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
    • cheggers67
    • By cheggers67 9th Mar 18, 3:43 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    cheggers67
    Thomson
    I too have gone through the claims process through resolver and cedr and Thomson were given a 20 day deadline to pay on 30th Jan 2018 and yet as of today no contact from Thomson so I have now issued the claim direct to them on their own claim line in the hope one of their "customer representatives" actually contacts me so I can ask why they are refusing to pay if I get no joy I will write to them telling them I am taking them to court.Does anyone have the correct email address I should send this letter to or should I post it via signed for?
    • cheggers67
    • By cheggers67 9th Mar 18, 3:50 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    cheggers67
    Thomson
    I too have gone through the claims process through resolver and cedr and Thomson were given a 20 day deadline to pay on 30th Jan 2018 and yet as of today no contact from Thomson so I have now issued the claim direct to them on their own claim line in the hope one of their "customer representatives" actually contacts me so I can ask why they are refusing to pay if I get no joy I will write to them telling them I am taking them to court.Does anyone have the correct email address I should send this letter to or should I post it via signed for?
    • legal magpie
    • By legal magpie 9th Mar 18, 6:02 PM
    • 914 Posts
    • 402 Thanks
    legal magpie
    Please see my post (8448 above). By "issuing the claim" you may have confused matters as your claim has already been approved. Don't send Thomson an e-mail. Send a letter ideally by recorded delivery or at least get proof of posting.
    • philng
    • By philng 12th Mar 18, 10:02 AM
    • 636 Posts
    • 84 Thanks
    philng
    Flight Delay Claim-Via Resolver or Direct?
    Needing to submit a claim for a 7 hour TUI flight delay on 4th March 2018.

Have claimed 3 times before successfully direct via Thomas Cook when I don't think Resolver was around.

Which is best to claim via Resolver or direct via airline?
    • JPears
    • By JPears 12th Mar 18, 11:17 AM
    • 4,174 Posts
    • 1,136 Thanks
    JPears
    If you've claimed successfully before then I wouldn't bother with Resolver. Its just a letter writing exercise.
    Perhaps download Vauban's very useful guide as a refresher?
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
    • theox09
    • By theox09 12th Mar 18, 1:49 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    theox09
    I am in the same boat- havent sent a letter of compliant yet. In your opinion is it better to bypass this and use resolver?

7 hour delay 4th March too - and an airport change!
    • BorisThomson
    • By BorisThomson 12th Mar 18, 1:55 PM
    • 1,586 Posts
    • 3,435 Thanks
    BorisThomson
    Using Resolver just means you're giving your details to a third party, something we shouldn't do without good reason. Follow the guide above and go direct to the airline.
    • philng
    • By philng 12th Mar 18, 2:57 PM
    • 636 Posts
    • 84 Thanks
    philng
    Returned from TUI holiday to Tenerife this morning.

Outgoing flight 4th March from Manchester departed 1130pm instead of 425pm. Arrival was 6 hours 50 minutes late in Tenerife.

Captain on plane was stressing delay was due to poor weather the day before in South of England.

From what I can see there were no significant airport issues UK for over 48 hours prior to our flight & interestingly our flight was the only one with a significant delay from Manchester on 4th March.

Claim submitted direct to TUI.

What are the chances of success I wonder?
    • JPears
    • By JPears 12th Mar 18, 3:50 PM
    • 4,174 Posts
    • 1,136 Thanks
    JPears
    From what you say it looks as though there is a valid claim.
    If they try to fob you off, get back on here.

• lou_lou_
    • By lou_lou_ 12th Mar 18, 4:05 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    lou_lou_
    Flight Times Changed
    Is it really acceptable, that as a consumer I have to pay for new flights when an airline changes the flights Ive paid for, to a time I don't want?

Im left really annoyed today, after being told by the airline that its in their terms and conditions that they can change the times and even dates whenever they want and I have to just take that seat!

Ive now come to realise that the whole of the aviation industry functions this way. I cant think of another industry where you pay for something you exactly want and then the company changes it and expects you to either except their offer or go elsewhere without a refund of the money I paid.

I was trying to imagine buying pre paying for dinner in a restaurant only to find out a week before that they couldn't serve the food I wanted and id have to eat whatever they serve or go elsewhere, without my money back .....it just wouldn't happen!

What id like to know is, why they can't resell my seats and refund my money! Someone might like a flight that lands at 2AM!!
    • Ganga
    • By Ganga 12th Mar 18, 4:15 PM
    • 1,273 Posts
    • 667 Thanks
    Ganga
    Would help if you stated the flight times,date changed in relation to date of actual flight,who you are flying with etc.
    ITS NOT EASY TO GET EVERYTHING WRONG ,I HAVE TO WORK HARD TO DO IT!
    • JPears
    • By JPears 12th Mar 18, 4:22 PM
    • 4,174 Posts
    • 1,136 Thanks
    JPears
    Yes please post all your details on the relevant airline thread, not a new personal thread. (it makes the board very cluttered and hinders regulars helping you)
    It is likely the airline are trying to fob you off, but without details we can't help.

• Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 12th Mar 18, 4:24 PM
    • 1,634 Posts
    • 714 Thanks
    Tyzap
    One should always give the airline an opportunity to resolve the claim before escalating via a 3rd party.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
    • Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 12th Mar 18, 4:31 PM
    • 1,634 Posts
    • 714 Thanks
    Tyzap
    Returned from TUI holiday to Tenerife this morning.

Outgoing flight 4th March from Manchester departed 1130pm instead of 425pm. Arrival was 6 hours 50 minutes late in Tenerife.

Captain on plane was stressing delay was due to poor weather the day before in South of England.

From what I can see there were no significant airport issues UK for over 48 hours prior to our flight & interestingly our flight was the only one with a significant delay from Manchester on 4th March.

Claim submitted direct to TUI.

What are the chances of success I wonder?
    Originally posted by philng
    Hi,

See the last few days worth of posts on the Jet2 thread which are also about weather related 'knock on' delays to other flights. Very relevant to your situation.

Good luck.
    • lou_lou_
    • By lou_lou_ 12th Mar 18, 6:49 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    lou_lou_
    Hi

I cant find a TUI thread open and relating to this.

How do i allocate to the correct forum?
    Last edited by lou_lou_; 12-03-2018 at 6:56 PM.
    • lou_lou_
    • By lou_lou_ 12th Mar 18, 6:58 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    lou_lou_
    These are the flight details:

Tenerife South Airport > Birmingham
    International Airport
    05/04/18 20:25 06/04/18 00:45 TOM7453

The flight time now lands around 02.05 am and I would never have booked this holiday with this flight time. Regardless of the 1.5 hours difference
    • BorisThomson
    • By BorisThomson 12th Mar 18, 7:05 PM
    • 1,586 Posts
    • 3,435 Thanks
    BorisThomson
    These are the flight details:

Tenerife South Airport > Birmingham
    International Airport
    05/04/18 20:25 06/04/18 00:45 TOM7453

The flight time now lands around 02.05 am and I would never have booked this holiday with this flight time. Regardless of the 1.5 hours difference
    Originally posted by lou_lou_
    What difference does landing at 2.05 rather than 0.45 make?

What would you have done if the flight was slightly delayed based on the original times?

An hour and a half is nothing!
    • JPears
    • By JPears 12th Mar 18, 8:27 PM
    • 4,174 Posts
    • 1,136 Thanks
    JPears
    Thomson thread please.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

396Posts Today

5,746Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @Dora_Haf: @MartinSLewis So many people on here saying they're great until you get your PROPER job. What if Your proper job Is ON zero?

• RT @hslt88: @MartinSLewis I?m a trustee for a youth charity. We only have a limited pool of funds for flexible youth workers for holiday sc?

• RT @Dan_i_elle_88: @MartinSLewis Loved working zero hour agency care work. Never out of work and I loved having the flexibility! Only left?

• Follow Martin