Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 426
    • legal magpie
    • By legal magpie 6th Apr 18, 5:13 PM
    • 870 Posts
    • 382 Thanks
    legal magpie
    Of course it is an internal operational factor. Read Vauban's guide if you haven't already done so, send them an NBA and if they don't pay up, sue them. Or go via CEDR.
    • philng
    • By philng 6th Apr 18, 6:36 PM
    • 605 Posts
    • 78 Thanks
    philng
    I believe the flight crew issue may have been a knock on from a Tenerife flight the delay before (Saturday) returning to Manchester.

Our flight was a flight from Manchester to Tenerife due out 1625 hours on the Sunday but left & arrived 7 hours late. Surely with the flight leaving from one of their hubs there should not have been a crew issue?

Is the best way to proceed via CEDR first?
    • philng
    • By philng 6th Apr 18, 6:53 PM
    • 605 Posts
    • 78 Thanks
    philng
    Re last message Bott & Co say eligible to claim.

EUclaim.co.uk says same (score 73%?).

I guess CEDR is the first way now to proceed with I guess a risk of losing 25 but potential gain way in excess of this?
    • redmalc
    • By redmalc 7th Apr 18, 5:22 PM
    • 1,283 Posts
    • 480 Thanks
    redmalc
    Philng go for it
    • philng
    • By philng 7th Apr 18, 5:26 PM
    • 605 Posts
    • 78 Thanks
    philng
    Unsure how crew flight time limitations is treated for claims particularly when flight is from a main home hub?
    • redmalc
    • By redmalc 9th Apr 18, 12:56 PM
    • 1,283 Posts
    • 480 Thanks
    redmalc
    REF 8487

Cheque received from TUI this morning
    • JPears
    • By JPears 9th Apr 18, 1:44 PM
    • 3,683 Posts
    • 1,024 Thanks
    JPears
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
    • philng
    • By philng 9th Apr 18, 5:16 PM
    • 605 Posts
    • 78 Thanks
    philng
    Proceeded through CEDR today re declined TUI delay claim. Let's see what happens from here?
    • Fortyfoot
    • By Fortyfoot 13th Apr 18, 9:52 AM
    • 1,788 Posts
    • 907 Thanks
    Fortyfoot
    Redmalc well done. When did you submit your claim? Was it done direct?

I submitted our Tenerife claim for flight 4th March on 12th March & apart from copy acknowledgement nothing else as yet.
    Originally posted by philng
    Was it the Manchester flight TOM2691?

Thanks,

Fortyfoot
    • philng
    • By philng 13th Apr 18, 4:57 PM
    • 605 Posts
    • 78 Thanks
    philng
    Fortyfoot yes it was the TOM 2691 on 4th March 2018. We were advised by text message around 1230pm just before we set off from home of long delay.

Why were you on same flight or know something?
    • Fortyfoot
    • By Fortyfoot 13th Apr 18, 7:59 PM
    • 1,788 Posts
    • 907 Thanks
    Fortyfoot
    text message around 1230pm just before we set off from home of long delay.

Why were you on same flight or know something?
    Is your home in Tenerife?

Our flight was due out on the 3rd March at 1940 GMT, actual departure was 2322 GMT on the 4th March, delay of 27 hours and 42 minutes according to the letter we were given at Manchester when collecting our luggage.

On the 30th March our claim made on the 10th March was turned down
    "We appreciate that you have requested compensation from us in respect of the delay, however as the cause of the delay was due to external factors over which we have no control we are not required to pay compensation under Regulation EC 261/2004 in these circumstances."

This morning I got this letter

Not wanting a load of hassle I contacted Bott & Co and signed up with them tonight, never knew about e-signature!

Any way it's all over to them now, I would not have taken it any further so any money we get is a bonus, lets wait and see.

Good luck

Fortyfoot
    • philng
    • By philng 14th Apr 18, 6:15 PM
    • 605 Posts
    • 78 Thanks
    philng
    Fortyfoot no our flight was on the Sunday 4th March from Manchester to Tenerife which should have departed 1625hrs but didnt leave intil 2330hrs.
    I believe they had to fly an empty plane up from Gatwick but was aware of the Tenerife delay that you were on the day before and just wondered if it was maybe connected.

I have submitted claim via CEDR after initial rejection by TUI.

Out of curiosity where did TUI put you up from Saturday?
    • philng
    • By philng 14th Apr 18, 6:18 PM
    • 605 Posts
    • 78 Thanks
    philng
    Out of interest TUI claim rejection was due to crew out of hours but on plane captain told us it was weather related.
    • Fortyfoot
    • By Fortyfoot 14th Apr 18, 7:01 PM
    • 1,788 Posts
    • 907 Thanks
    Fortyfoot
    Fortyfoot

Out of curiosity where did TUI put you up from Saturday?
    Bahia Princess, we wanted to give this a hotel a try some time, so we were happy with the extra night. They looked after us very well, breakfast, packed lunch and evening meal, all very nice. Credit where it's due.

They told us packs of lies about the reason for the delay, the funniest was aircraft congestion over Manchester. I showed them the flight radar for Manny, only one plane in the air.

Another rep said that the plane did not land. It did, I had tracked it all the way from the UK. When we boarded we had to be bused to the plane, so I assume it had stood out on the airfield since it landed.

They were shot down after each stupid excuse they gave.

Fortyfoot
    Last edited by Fortyfoot; 16-04-2018 at 10:00 AM. Reason: updated
    • redmalc
    • By redmalc 15th Apr 18, 6:21 PM
    • 1,283 Posts
    • 480 Thanks
    redmalc
    Forty foot
    We had the same issue in Cancun with the 30 hour delay, the lies and stories in resort were just an insult to my intelligence and at least you got a decent hotel to stay in we got a kids party hotel after paying for a 5 star adult only accommodation as they told me the original hotel had no rooms which again was a lie,I went to reception and got the option of a number of rooms but the cost was 500 US dollars a night
    • Fortyfoot
    • By Fortyfoot 16th Apr 18, 10:02 AM
    • 1,788 Posts
    • 907 Thanks
    Fortyfoot
    Forty foot
    We had the same issue in Cancun with the 30 hour delay, the lies and stories in resort were just an insult to my intelligence and at least you got a decent hotel to stay in we got a kids party hotel after paying for a 5 star adult only accommodation as they told me the original hotel had no rooms which again was a lie,I went to reception and got the option of a number of rooms but the cost was 500 US dollars a night
    Originally posted by redmalc
    Some of the passengers were accommodated in 5* hotels, ours was 4*.

Fortyfoot
    • philng
    • By philng 17th Apr 18, 4:25 PM
    • 605 Posts
    • 78 Thanks
    philng
    Seems like TUI are dishing out frequent packs of lies to try & prevent customers claiming for flight delays.

They should be charged a fee for each case referred to CEDR where the case is not found in their favour to reduce the number of cases needed to be referred where TUI know clearly they are at fault (similar to how banks are charged a fee for each case referred to the Ombudsman).
    • JPears
    • By JPears 17th Apr 18, 4:41 PM
    • 3,683 Posts
    • 1,024 Thanks
    JPears
    I think they are, usually 125 per case? However I might be wrong...
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
    • philng
    • By philng 18th Apr 18, 8:37 AM
    • 605 Posts
    • 78 Thanks
    philng
    Just seen another 24 hour TUI delay this time to Dom Rep. Not even peak season yet but TUI seem to be having some issues.
    • ONG
    • By ONG 19th Apr 18, 7:55 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ONG
    Hi All

Went through resolver to register for an over 24 hour flight delay on a Tui flight out of Tenerife. Claim has been rejected on the following grounds;

"our delay handling logs show that the delay was due to in-flight damage caused by foreign object which required immediate assessment for safety of the flight. So as to help both customers and airlines, the European Commission has recently published draft guidelines as to what amounts to extraordinary circumstances. This list was prepared with the assistance of the various national bodies responsible for regulating the aviation industry across Europe.In this draft, the Commission has intimated that the following would be considered extraordinary circumstances:

20. In-flight damage to the aircraft during the preceding flight, caused by a foreign-object, and which requires immediate assessment and/or repair. "

Thoughts on how to proceed would be welcome !
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,469Posts Today

7,129Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin