Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 425
    • legal magpie
    • By legal magpie 2nd Apr 18, 9:23 PM
    • 861 Posts
    • 381 Thanks
    legal magpie
    It really is quite unbelievable and only shows to confirm our members' experiences I would recommend anyone who has a judgment against Thomson for more than 600 (including costs) to get the case transferred to the High Court for enforcement by Sheriff's officers as this will be more effective than instructing the county court bailiff.
    • redmalc
    • By redmalc 4th Apr 18, 3:15 PM
    • 1,280 Posts
    • 480 Thanks
    redmalc
    I refer to my post 8479 and can confirm that this morning they have agreed to pay me 1200 Euros for the delay we incurred in Cancun
    • philng
    • By philng 4th Apr 18, 6:09 PM
    • 595 Posts
    • 75 Thanks
    philng
    Redmalc well done. When did you submit your claim? Was it done direct?

I submitted our Tenerife claim for flight 4th March on 12th March & apart from copy acknowledgement nothing else as yet.
    • JPears
    • By JPears 5th Apr 18, 9:17 AM
    • 3,603 Posts
    • 1,000 Thanks
    JPears
    I refer to my post 8479 and can confirm that this morning they have agreed to pay me 1200 Euros for the delay we incurred in Cancun
    Originally posted by redmalc
    Nice one.
    We'll celebrate when you actually have the money in your account
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
    • redmalc
    • By redmalc 5th Apr 18, 2:31 PM
    • 1,280 Posts
    • 480 Thanks
    redmalc
    Philng
    I submitted the claim on the 13th March and was advised verbally yesterday they had agreed the claim and this morning received written confirmation that they had agreed the claim and the cheque will be with us shortly
    • philng
    • By philng 5th Apr 18, 4:10 PM
    • 595 Posts
    • 75 Thanks
    philng
    redmalc

Did you submit your claim directly through TUI online? How did they confirm acceptance-was it by e mail?
    • redmalc
    • By redmalc 5th Apr 18, 6:18 PM
    • 1,280 Posts
    • 480 Thanks
    redmalc
    Yes online and received a letter this morning in the mail confirming what I was told the other day .
    • philng
    • By philng 6th Apr 18, 4:24 PM
    • 595 Posts
    • 75 Thanks
    philng
    OK TUI have updated me on my claim from 12th March message 8456 above.

We have reviewed the circumstances surrounding the delay of the flight and can confirm that in this instance the flight was delayed due to crew flight time limitations.

Surely this is an internal factor & not external & compensation should be paid for our 7 hour delay?

Slightly surprised that they haven't tried to blame the weather.

What are my next steps?
    • legal magpie
    • By legal magpie 6th Apr 18, 5:13 PM
    • 861 Posts
    • 381 Thanks
    legal magpie
    Of course it is an internal operational factor. Read Vauban's guide if you haven't already done so, send them an NBA and if they don't pay up, sue them. Or go via CEDR.
    • philng
    • By philng 6th Apr 18, 6:36 PM
    • 595 Posts
    • 75 Thanks
    philng
    I believe the flight crew issue may have been a knock on from a Tenerife flight the delay before (Saturday) returning to Manchester.

Our flight was a flight from Manchester to Tenerife due out 1625 hours on the Sunday but left & arrived 7 hours late. Surely with the flight leaving from one of their hubs there should not have been a crew issue?

Is the best way to proceed via CEDR first?
    • philng
    • By philng 6th Apr 18, 6:53 PM
    • 595 Posts
    • 75 Thanks
    philng
    Re last message Bott & Co say eligible to claim.

EUclaim.co.uk says same (score 73%?).

I guess CEDR is the first way now to proceed with I guess a risk of losing 25 but potential gain way in excess of this?
    • redmalc
    • By redmalc 7th Apr 18, 5:22 PM
    • 1,280 Posts
    • 480 Thanks
    redmalc
    Philng go for it
    • philng
    • By philng 7th Apr 18, 5:26 PM
    • 595 Posts
    • 75 Thanks
    philng
    Unsure how crew flight time limitations is treated for claims particularly when flight is from a main home hub?
    • redmalc
    • By redmalc 9th Apr 18, 12:56 PM
    • 1,280 Posts
    • 480 Thanks
    redmalc
    REF 8487

Cheque received from TUI this morning
    • JPears
    • By JPears 9th Apr 18, 1:44 PM
    • 3,603 Posts
    • 1,000 Thanks
    JPears
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
    • philng
    • By philng 9th Apr 18, 5:16 PM
    • 595 Posts
    • 75 Thanks
    philng
    Proceeded through CEDR today re declined TUI delay claim. Let's see what happens from here?
    • Fortyfoot
    • By Fortyfoot 13th Apr 18, 9:52 AM
    • 1,786 Posts
    • 906 Thanks
    Fortyfoot
    Redmalc well done. When did you submit your claim? Was it done direct?

I submitted our Tenerife claim for flight 4th March on 12th March & apart from copy acknowledgement nothing else as yet.
    Originally posted by philng
    Was it the Manchester flight TOM2691?

Thanks,

Fortyfoot
    • philng
    • By philng 13th Apr 18, 4:57 PM
    • 595 Posts
    • 75 Thanks
    philng
    Fortyfoot yes it was the TOM 2691 on 4th March 2018. We were advised by text message around 1230pm just before we set off from home of long delay.

Why were you on same flight or know something?
    • Fortyfoot
    • By Fortyfoot 13th Apr 18, 7:59 PM
    • 1,786 Posts
    • 906 Thanks
    Fortyfoot
    text message around 1230pm just before we set off from home of long delay.

Why were you on same flight or know something?
    Originally posted by philng
    Is your home in Tenerife?

Our flight was due out on the 3rd March at 1940 GMT, actual departure was 2322 GMT on the 4th March, delay of 27 hours and 42 minutes according to the letter we were given at Manchester when collecting our luggage.

On the 30th March our claim made on the 10th March was turned down
    "We appreciate that you have requested compensation from us in respect of the delay, however as the cause of the delay was due to external factors over which we have no control we are not required to pay compensation under Regulation EC 261/2004 in these circumstances."

This morning I got this letter

Not wanting a load of hassle I contacted Bott & Co and signed up with them tonight, never knew about e-signature!

Any way it's all over to them now, I would not have taken it any further so any money we get is a bonus, lets wait and see.

Good luck

Fortyfoot
    • philng
    • By philng 14th Apr 18, 6:15 PM
    • 595 Posts
    • 75 Thanks
    philng
    Fortyfoot no our flight was on the Sunday 4th March from Manchester to Tenerife which should have departed 1625hrs but didnt leave intil 2330hrs.
    I believe they had to fly an empty plane up from Gatwick but was aware of the Tenerife delay that you were on the day before and just wondered if it was maybe connected.

I have submitted claim via CEDR after initial rejection by TUI.

Out of curiosity where did TUI put you up from Saturday?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,144Posts Today

6,949Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Yes you would think in this electronic day and age. They could put digital ticket machines on trains https://t.co/RPo4XXvrwk

• RT @Mattallwright: Martin: supplementary: Does she know which platform the train is on, or is it Paddington with five minutes notice to cov?

• RT @KTMGordo: @MartinSLewis Imagine Jane is hungry and late for an urgent appointment & needs to buy a sandwich but the queue's huge. Is?

• Follow Martin