Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 423
    • legal magpie
    • By legal magpie 14th Feb 18, 9:42 PM
    • 868 Posts
    • 382 Thanks
    legal magpie
    Tui failing to honour CEDR awards is becoming all too frequent. Perhaps the press or TV would be interested especially as the CAA doesn!!!8217;t seem to be doing anything to force their hand.
    • JPears
    • By JPears 14th Feb 18, 10:04 PM
    • 3,675 Posts
    • 1,023 Thanks
    JPears
    Please a make complaint to the CAA. They have washed their hands of the whole farce and debacle of what is supposedly UK A and EU law.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
    • Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 14th Feb 18, 10:45 PM
    • 1,379 Posts
    • 637 Thanks
    Tyzap
    Re Flight 616 BHX - LRM
    CEDR found in my favour this morning. CEDR process has been quite painless. Now to get them to pay up the compensation!
    Originally posted by mooretr
    Thats great news, well done

Lets hope others also get their compensation too.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
    • smartly
    • By smartly 14th Feb 18, 11:10 PM
    • 95 Posts
    • 44 Thanks
    smartly
    I think you can post a claim now through this website ( MSE ) which uses Resolver.
    • legal magpie
    • By legal magpie 15th Feb 18, 12:23 AM
    • 868 Posts
    • 382 Thanks
    legal magpie
    There's no point in using Resolver when CEDR have already found in your favour. If you were now to issue Court proceedings, TUI wouldn't have a leg to stand on.
    • smartly
    • By smartly 15th Feb 18, 9:02 AM
    • 95 Posts
    • 44 Thanks
    smartly
    My post was a general post, not specific to previous failure to pay.
    • inspireme247
    • By inspireme247 21st Feb 18, 8:52 PM
    • 177 Posts
    • 60 Thanks
    inspireme247
    I'm pleased to say I have won with this case. Anyone who has had the airline throwing you an 'extraordinary circumstances', doesn't mean you should give up. I tried and won
    You will only fail to learn if you do not learn from failing.

Save 2015 - #097 £600/£7000
    CC Outstanding #1: £2544 02/2017 #2: £398 09/2015 #3: £363 08/2015
    • jpsartre
    • By jpsartre 21st Feb 18, 9:31 PM
    • 3,159 Posts
    • 2,079 Thanks
    jpsartre
    Won a case in 3 weeks? That's certainly incredible.
    • JPears
    • By JPears 22nd Feb 18, 9:43 AM
    • 3,675 Posts
    • 1,023 Thanks
    JPears
    If so, then another unusual decision from the CEDR. It would be interesting to see all the submissions to CEDR and there statement on decision.
    Unless of course, there was another reason and not crew illness.
    Airlines don't tell porkies do they?

• JPears
    • By JPears 22nd Feb 18, 9:44 AM
    • 3,675 Posts
    • 1,023 Thanks
    JPears
    Won a case in 3 weeks? That's certainly incredible.
    Originally posted by jpsartre
    Extraordinary even...

• Rob-one
    • By Rob-one 1st Mar 18, 10:15 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Rob-one
    If you could offer any advise on how you achieved your excellent result inspireme247 it would be greatly appreciated. I also have a claim in the system where I suspect the airline will claim "extraordinary circumstances"

We had a co-pilot go down with food poisoning & the flight was cancelled after boarding & jet bridge withdrawn. Actually flew 23 hours later (same plane).

Thank you
    • Kate’s
    • By Kate’s 4th Mar 18, 5:39 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Kate’s
    Re flight from Sanford to Gatwick TOM013 11 Oct 2012
    I have written to Thomson before regarding this flight but got an email back saying that as the captain of the flight sustained an injury before the flight was due to depart, hence an overnight delay, they would not be obliged to pay compensation. It says that it was an extraordinary circumstance which could not have been avoided even if all reasonable measures had been taken.
    Just hoping that someone could point me in the right direction, is it worth trying to claim again. Surely they should of had stand by staff
    Thanks.
    • Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 4th Mar 18, 7:39 PM
    • 1,379 Posts
    • 637 Thanks
    Tyzap
    Hi Kate's,

Yes it is claimable, but you only have until Oct this year.

Crew sickness is not an EC unless one of the flight crew become seriously ill during a flight, just like a passenger who requires urgent medical attention during the flight.

You can double check by putting your flight details into one or two online flight delay calculators to see if they believe you have a valid claim too.

Have a read of Vaubans great guide, see details below.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
    • DUKE
    • By DUKE 5th Mar 18, 4:00 PM
    • 7,072 Posts
    • 304,365 Thanks
    DUKE
    Anyone else on TOM7776 Dec 10 from BHX-AGP?

We were supposed to fly at 5.55am, but didn't take off until 7.30pm. The weather was bad (snow), but other flights landed & took off well before we did.

Thomson/TUI reps said the reason our flight was delayed for so long was because crew got sent home & we had to wait for another lot to arrive.
    Originally posted by DUKE
    Very pleased to announce that the adjudicator from CEDR voted in my favour & have directed TUI to pay me 800 euro. Thanks all.
    Thanks everyone!
    • JPears
    • By JPears 5th Mar 18, 4:13 PM
    • 3,675 Posts
    • 1,023 Thanks
    JPears
    Well done, so far......
    Now the battle is getting the money.....

• cletus1
    • By cletus1 6th Mar 18, 2:21 PM
    • 32 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    cletus1
    My case has gone to court and they are resisting the claim

they have been limited with the truth in the court paperwork
    • pfogg
    • By pfogg 6th Mar 18, 5:10 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    pfogg
    Is this for the flight from Montego Bay to Manchester
    • Alan Bowen
    • By Alan Bowen 6th Mar 18, 5:44 PM
    • 3,048 Posts
    • 1,533 Thanks
    Alan Bowen
    pfogg, I think the previous post is indeed about a flight from Montego Bay but you are running out of time to start legal action. You cannot afford to wait and see what happens, and it won't be resolved in time anyway, because in June this year your rights are extinguished and any claim is lost
    • claireodonnell1989
    • By claireodonnell1989 7th Mar 18, 10:28 AM
    • 14 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    claireodonnell1989
    Hi,
    What are people’s experiences with winning a claim from thomson through CEDR?
    We’ve been awarded £2400 (euros I know but not on my keypad!) and the deadline was yesterday and we’ve had no response.
    Surely I’ve done my chasing, if we’ve won why are waiting now on thomson? What’s the next action we can take?
    Thanks
    • legal magpie
    • By legal magpie 7th Mar 18, 11:18 AM
    • 868 Posts
    • 382 Thanks
    legal magpie
    They are notoriously slow at paying out. See earlier posts in this thread. You can (a) complain to CEDR, who sadly have no enforcement powers (b) Complain to the CAA that Thomson (now TUI) have failed to honour the award and (c) send one letter or email (one only) saying that unless they pay up within 7 days, you will sue them.
    I suggest that you do all three, especially to the CAA as there is clear evidence that TUI are systematically in breach of the CEDR rules. Oh yes, and if you still haven't had the money within the 7 days,. issue proceedings on the basis that you never make a threat unless you are prepared to carry it out.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,936Posts Today

8,173Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin