Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Jenny
    • By MSE Jenny 9th Jan 13, 3:28 PM
    • 1,228Posts
    • 3,559Thanks
    MSE Jenny
    Making cash from online survey sites - new MSE guide
    • 9th Jan 13, 3:28 PM
    Making cash from online survey sites - new MSE guide 9th Jan 13 at 3:28 PM

Hi all, we've updated our Survey Sites guide to help you make cash from online surveys.

How did you find the info? If you're a survey stasher, do you have any other sites you'd add?

Thanks
    for your help!

MSE Jenny

Last edited by MSE Jenny; 28-01-2013 at 4:23 PM.
Page 23
    • mrsyardbroom
    • By mrsyardbroom 2nd Sep 18, 10:12 PM
    • 1,679 Posts
    • 2,789 Thanks
    mrsyardbroom
    I've found Branded Surveys really good. I only signed up a few weeks ago and have already cashed out three times. I go to the site several times a day and check for surveys. It's no good relying on the emails as the surveys are already closed by the time you get the notificaton .
    • mrsyardbroom
    • By mrsyardbroom 5th Sep 18, 7:07 PM
    • 1,679 Posts
    • 2,789 Thanks
    mrsyardbroom
    Having posted the above I've just completed one of the longest and most boring surveys I've ever done only to be told, "this survey is closed."
    • DevilsMoJo
    • By DevilsMoJo 7th Sep 18, 12:32 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    DevilsMoJo
    Has anyone received Mindmover surveys about the food and drink eaten yesterday and been able to complete them? I always get screened out for not having a dietary restriction or allergy
    • olliebean
    • By olliebean 14th Sep 18, 5:23 PM
    • 78 Posts
    • 51 Thanks
    olliebean
    I haven't been credited for any surveys I've done with NewVistaLive for five months. When I contacted them about this, they said they were aware of the problem and it would be resolved as soon as possible, but that was three months ago and it seems an unreasonably long time to take to resolve such a problem. I've been continuing to do surveys in good faith having been told it would be fixed, keeping track of the points myself and have definitely earned enough now for a 50 payout. I've contacted them again and will see what they say this time. Has anyone else been having similar problems with them?

• Planet Switzerland
    • By Planet Switzerland 15th Sep 18, 4:57 PM
    • 169 Posts
    • 120 Thanks
    Planet Switzerland
    Has anyone received Mindmover surveys about the food and drink eaten yesterday and been able to complete them? I always get screened out for not having a dietary restriction or allergy
    Originally posted by DevilsMoJo

Yes I get them every now and then, I think it's to do with whether you've bought your food out of home. I don't have a dietary restriction or allergy either but I never bring a packed lunch to work so therefore buy something out of home every day I'm at work.
    • olliebean
    • By olliebean 26th Sep 18, 9:14 AM
    • 78 Posts
    • 51 Thanks
    olliebean
    I haven't been credited for any surveys I've done with NewVistaLive for five months. When I contacted them about this, they said they were aware of the problem and it would be resolved as soon as possible, but that was three months ago and it seems an unreasonably long time to take to resolve such a problem. I've been continuing to do surveys in good faith having been told it would be fixed, keeping track of the points myself and have definitely earned enough now for a 50 payout. I've contacted them again and will see what they say this time. Has anyone else been having similar problems with them?
    Originally posted by olliebean

A quick follow-up to this: they got back to me saying if I sent them the IDs of the surveys they would credit me manually. Luckily I've kept track of the surveys I've completed since I realised there was a problem, so I was able to send them most of the IDs. But that was a week ago, and I've yet to hear back from them or be credited for any of the surveys. I'm going to keep chasing them up about it because there's 50 at stake. But they're still not crediting me for new surveys, and this is too much hassle if I have to go through it every time I'm due for a payout. I've had good returns from them in the past, but I'm giving them up as a lost cause even if I do get the 50 I'm due. I definitely can't recommend them the way things stand at the moment.

• olliebean
    • By olliebean 27th Sep 18, 12:06 PM
    • 78 Posts
    • 51 Thanks
    olliebean
    Ridiculously, NewVistaLive have now got back to me claiming they have credited me for all the surveys that showed as completed - including a few I wasn't sure about, but excluding half a dozen that I know for a fact I completed - resulting in my points total now being (drum roll...) 4999 points. They pay out at 5000. How incredibly convenient for them.

• mrsyardbroom
    • By mrsyardbroom 28th Sep 18, 8:18 PM
    • 1,679 Posts
    • 2,789 Thanks
    mrsyardbroom
    I suppose if you were researching for a novel you might want people to answer questions on what they'd do in the event of a zombie attack. I can't believe I've just done a Onepoll survey on the subject. Of course I strongly agreed that I was well prepared for the event.

Onepoll have had several surveys available today. They rarely send alerts by email but if you click onto the site every so often you'll find the surveys.
    • olliebean
    • By olliebean 2nd Oct 18, 7:48 PM
    • 78 Posts
    • 51 Thanks
    olliebean
    Another more tetchy email to NewVistaLive, and they have finally credited me for all but one of my completed surveys. That one remaining one rankles a bit, as I know I completed it, but it doesn't really matter as I'm not going to be doing any more surveys with them and I have enough now to get my final 50 cheque.

• mitchb
    • By mitchb 2nd Oct 18, 10:10 PM
    • 629 Posts
    • 224 Thanks
    mitchb
    Interestingly, it feels like my newvista account hasn't moved for months but I wasn't aware that they were having issues so don't have any survey details to check if credited or not. Ill drop them an email to see if they can check anything out there end.

Bit poor of them though if they know they have been having issues, could have made members aware rather than continuing to send surveys
    • olliebean
    • By olliebean 2nd Oct 18, 10:27 PM
    • 78 Posts
    • 51 Thanks
    olliebean
    If the problem is universal, I expect many members won't have noticed and most won't have been keeping notes of the survey IDs they've completed, so assuming they do manage to eventually sort it out I really hope for everyone's sake that all the missing credits are queued rather than lost.

• olliebean
    • By olliebean 2nd Oct 18, 10:38 PM
    • 78 Posts
    • 51 Thanks
    olliebean
    It occurs to me, btw, that even though I eventually got (nearly) all my credits, those last few that took a little bit longer just pushed it past the payment date before I passed the payment threshold, so they get to delay an extra month before sending me my cheque. Far be it from me to suggest any shenanigans, but we all know that for many businesses it's standard practice to delay payments whenever they can get away with it, and that 4999 points figure that I was stuck on for those few days does seem remarkable.

• hayleysim90
    • By hayleysim90 17th Oct 18, 3:31 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    hayleysim90
    kantar worldpanels
    Hi everyone!

just browsing through MSE for other reasons and came across these threads. I thought I would share my experience of market research with anyone wondering how they can make a bit of money out of it.

I am a member of most survey sites mentioned with Ipsos and GTM being some of my favourites and although they make me a fair bit of pocket money which comes in handy for xmas etc. there's still a lot more out there that aren't as well advertised or easily accessible.

has anyone heard of kantar world panels?
    I Became a member of their shop and scan panel a while ago now. (they send you a clicker and you basically scan all your shopping and upload every week in return for some reward points)
    they offer you 1100 points each week for this, with an added 500 points if you upload your receipts. (you need 10,000 points for a 10 voucher) I know this doesn't sound like a lot, its like, 1.60 a week....I know. BUT....once your a member of kantar, you open up a whole load of opportunities with them if you stay loyal and you upload every week.

From this I have also been invited and joined

consumer pulse
    food diary
    petrol panel
    food on the go

These are all panels managed by kantar and all offer generous incentives.

consumer pulse - offers 500 points per item recorded (this is for things such as clothes, cinema, beauty products etc. anything other than food basically) you have a separate reward account for this. you can earn up to 20 a month in points from this one alone. you also get monthly surveys worth around 2000 points

food diary - is a one off sort of thing where you record a diary of everything you and your family eat for a week. you receive 10 for this for the week which is added in points directly to your shop and scan account.

Petrol panel - you have to log in and record each petrol purchase over the month. it literally takes you 30 seconds. you get 2500 points for this a month (2.50) this is also added to your shop and scan account.

food on the go - I like this one! this is an app on your mobile. you enter each food item purchased whilst out of the home. so anything from a vending machine, at work, in the canteen etc.... you scan the barcodes with your phone camera or manually enter the items. you get 250 points for your first entry each week and 100 for every other entry. Again this is added to your shop and scan account each week. I think the limit with this one is 20 a month.

this sounds like a lot of work but it really isn't! I scan my shopping every week. input my petrol once a week and record everything I buy on the go through my phone. all in all, it takes me around 30 minutes a month! and I can potentially earn around 50. that's not a bad deal in my opinion.

these panels are invite only, I think I got my invite through panelbase maybe? but you can register your interest in any of their panels through volunteerforpanels.com if they want you they will send you an email referral link. the bonus to this is, your points are all on one account, which makes it super easy to cash out! they only offer voucher rewards, but for a variety of retailers such as amazon, argos, arcadia etc. in my opinion its well worth it and I hope this helps someone who is seriously looking for a way into the market research world.

just a tip though...stay loyal, or they will kick you off the panel.
    • mrsyardbroom
    • By mrsyardbroom 19th Oct 18, 3:09 PM
    • 1,679 Posts
    • 2,789 Thanks
    mrsyardbroom
    I did that for a little while but I found it too much work.
    • mrsyardbroom
    • By mrsyardbroom 19th Oct 18, 3:12 PM
    • 1,679 Posts
    • 2,789 Thanks
    mrsyardbroom
    Is Branded Surveys going down the pan? All badges now only get 5 points for the poll and I don't think they have the poll streak any more which really made it worth doing. A lot of their surveys are now very long, 20 minutes for 20 cents isn't really worth while. I clicked on one just now that said it would be 10 minutes and when the survey opened it said it shouldn't take longer than 40 minutes. I think the gravy train may have moved on.
    • mrsyardbroom
    • By mrsyardbroom 22nd Oct 18, 4:19 PM
    • 1,679 Posts
    • 2,789 Thanks
    mrsyardbroom
    I've just been paid 60 for taking part in an online study. It was in the form of a focus group and needed a webcam. I've seen several webcam surveys around and thought I'd give it a go even though my laptop doesn't actually have a webcam. I messed around with a couple of digital cameras and downloaded software but couldn't get them to work as webcams. Then I found a small video camera that my husband used to use occasionally and it had webcam functionality. Luckily my laptop has an inbuilt mic but if you wanted to take part in a similar type of interview and your device doesn't have a mic you can always pick up an external one cheaply. This particular focus group asked that you should use a laptop or desktop computer. You couldn't do it on an ipad or mobile.
    Just sharing this as 60 for an hour's work seems like excellent pay to me and the money was paid straight away.
    • LeahForum
    • By LeahForum 26th Oct 18, 12:00 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    LeahForum
    Paid Survey's about TV Programme's
    Hi
    Does anyone know if there are any Website's that are Paid Survey's about TV Programme's?
    • Planet Switzerland
    • By Planet Switzerland 26th Oct 18, 3:04 PM
    • 169 Posts
    • 120 Thanks
    Planet Switzerland
    Is Branded Surveys going down the pan? All badges now only get 5 points for the poll and I don't think they have the poll streak any more which really made it worth doing. A lot of their surveys are now very long, 20 minutes for 20 cents isn't really worth while. I clicked on one just now that said it would be 10 minutes and when the survey opened it said it shouldn't take longer than 40 minutes. I think the gravy train may have moved on.
    Originally posted by mrsyardbroom

I agree, it was the poll which kept me using that site. I could reach redemption by doing the poll 50 days in a row alone, now it will take 200 days. I don't do many surveys on there as they're not worth it most of the time so think I might knock it on the head next time I redeem.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

43Posts Today

3,444Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I've just heard about the 8 month pregnant woman shot through the stomach by a crossbow. Its both evil and medie? https://t.co/hQTOxWiXhj

• Major new guide... Brexit, what it means for you and your finances: M mortgages, savings, flights, consumer rights? https://t.co/SXCMG2qXwX

• Have you haggled on the high street in the last year? If so who with and did you succeed? Please vote in this week? https://t.co/fdzmmFfA4u

• Follow Martin