Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • musicdave
    • By musicdave 1st Jan 13, 9:04 PM
    • 14Posts
    • 1Thanks
    musicdave
    Are these mystery shopping companies genuine?
    • 1st Jan 13, 9:04 PM
    Are these mystery shopping companies genuine? 1st Jan 13 at 9:04 PM
    Hi,

I have been looking around and found a few mystery shopping companies but wanted to know other peoples opinions before I registered.

Has anyone heard of these companies?

My links dont work so I have had to type them out with spaces.

www . secretshopper . com

www . secretshopping . org . uk

www . optimumcontact . com

www . viewsbank . com(This one looks like a mystery shopping/survey site)

Thanks
Page 1
    • Money maker
    • By Money maker 1st Jan 13, 9:07 PM
    • 5,233 Posts
    • 11,864 Thanks
    Money maker
    • 1st Jan 13, 9:07 PM
    • 1st Jan 13, 9:07 PM
    First post of the mystery shopping thread on a sticky at the top of this board should answer some of your questions. The good folks there will help out with the others.
    Please do not quote spam as this enables it to 'live on' once the spam post is removed.

If you quote me, don't forget the capital 'M'

Declutterers of the world - unite!
    • musicdave
    • By musicdave 2nd Jan 13, 5:06 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    musicdave
    • 2nd Jan 13, 5:06 PM
    • 2nd Jan 13, 5:06 PM
    Thanks for the reply money maker. How do you add a sticky note to a board? I cant find out how to do that anywhere.
    • jd87
    • By jd87 2nd Jan 13, 5:20 PM
    • 2,276 Posts
    • 1,211 Thanks
    jd87
    • 2nd Jan 13, 5:20 PM
    • 2nd Jan 13, 5:20 PM
    Only admin/moderators can make threads sticky.

• musicdave
    • By musicdave 2nd Jan 13, 5:23 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    musicdave
    • 2nd Jan 13, 5:23 PM
    • 2nd Jan 13, 5:23 PM
    Thanks JD. Anyone heard of these companies then?
    • Raksha
    • By Raksha 2nd Jan 13, 5:43 PM
    • 4,518 Posts
    • 6,094 Thanks
    Raksha
    • 2nd Jan 13, 5:43 PM
    • 2nd Jan 13, 5:43 PM
    First post of the mystery shopping thread on a sticky at the top of this board should answer some of your questions. The good folks there will help out with the others.
    Originally posted by Money maker
    Have a look at the sticky at the top of the board
    Please forgive me if my comments seem abrupt or my questions have obvious answers, I have a mental health condition which affects my ability to see things as others might.
    • billsavings
    • By billsavings 3rd Jan 13, 4:54 AM
    • 1,945 Posts
    • 778 Thanks
    billsavings
    • 3rd Jan 13, 4:54 AM
    • 3rd Jan 13, 4:54 AM
    How do you add a sticky note to a board? I cant find out how to do that anywhere.
    Originally posted by musicdave
    Money Maker is not suggesting you post a sticky, he is suggesting you read the mystery shopping sticky thread, which your see is stuck at the very top of this board and then ask your unanswered questions there.
    Last edited by billsavings; 03-01-2013 at 5:12 AM.
  • heatheresmith
    • 7th Jan 13, 9:52 PM
    • 7th Jan 13, 9:52 PM
    try market force or gfkmysteryshopping. i have used both and been paid.
    • lurch003
    • By lurch003 9th Jan 13, 4:28 PM
    • 29 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    lurch003
    • 9th Jan 13, 4:28 PM
    • 9th Jan 13, 4:28 PM
    I used to do work for optimum and they were great, very professional and communicative, albeit that was nigh on 10 years ago. Mostly building societies but very well paid back then
    • whitelabel
    • By whitelabel 9th Jan 13, 5:20 PM
    • 2,118 Posts
    • 1,537 Thanks
    whitelabel
    Read all of this including the title of the thread
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4177927
    This is the thread which is the sticky mentioned
    Observation is a key skill of mystery shopping, its not something that is for everyone, or an easy and quick way to make money.

good luck
    every little helps
    • Cybi-Ping
    • By Cybi-Ping 31st Oct 13, 11:27 AM
    • 509 Posts
    • 718 Thanks
    Cybi-Ping
    I have found viewsbank to be very poor, I have been with them for months and never received a payout from them.
    • paddyrg
    • By paddyrg 31st Oct 13, 12:37 PM
    • 13,113 Posts
    • 11,189 Thanks
    paddyrg
    FWIW I've done a few shops for retailactive, they are very much real. It's not a shortcut to riches, but if you're in town and fancy an odd fiver (taxable, remember) for 10 mins in a shop and another 15 mins filling out forms no problem. If you do so many shops and provide good responses you start getting calls for more lucrative gigs like shopper surveys.
    • mimi1234
    • By mimi1234 31st Oct 13, 2:37 PM
    • 7,508 Posts
    • 65,064 Thanks
    mimi1234
    FWIW I've done a few shops for retailactive, they are very much real. It's not a shortcut to riches, but if you're in town and fancy an odd fiver (taxable, remember) for 10 mins in a shop and another 15 mins filling out forms no problem. If you do so many shops and provide good responses you start getting calls for more lucrative gigs like shopper surveys.
    Originally posted by paddyrg
    Totes agree. Some of their visits are poorly paid (but then which mystery shopping company pays highly for all their visits!), but some of them are excellent compared to others. Plus if you use items from those shops etc, it can come in handy.

As Whitelabel says, there is a whole thread which is filled with facts and information. For new starters, have a look on there.

Good luck.
  • archived user
    Why are there so many newbies bigging up Viewsband?
    • Larac
    • By Larac 31st Oct 13, 10:39 PM
    • 915 Posts
    • 596 Thanks
    Larac
    Originally posted by katykicker
    There is two sides to Viewsbank, the surveys and assignments. I have not really worked out whether this site is worth staying on my must do list. I only do the surveys and Tbh some of the surveys seem a bit bizarre in terms of subject matter. It takes a while to build up to the pay out of six pound pay out as the surveys typically pay 20 pence although short in nature. Jury is out for me as it easier to build up credit with Valued Opinions or Panelbase
  • ljshopper
    Originally posted by katykicker
    Its not very subtle is it ?
  • HollieB
    Viewsbank
    Hi everyone, i joined loads of survey sites and never got paid out from any except for viewsbank. They are really good and always reply to questions/problems etc. I highly recommend them. They have surveys, mystery shopping jobs, joke of the week (which they give 5 for!!) and something to do with Bristol Pitbulls which i have no clue about but you can win stuff if you predict who wins.
  • GlynD
    GfK were the best I ever worked for. To the extent that I stopped taking assignments for anyone else. I never had any trouble getting paid from any of the companies I did work for.

GfK though. I've seen me set out in the morning with a sheaf of assignments, anything up to ten, and not return until 9pm at night. Sometimes this would go on for two or three days. Great assignments, great jobs, fantastic reps at GfK to work with and paid at the end of every month on the button.
    • Oddjob
    • By Oddjob 18th Nov 13, 1:43 AM
    • 462 Posts
    • 138 Thanks
    Oddjob
    GfK were the best I ever worked for. To the extent that I stopped taking assignments for anyone else. I never had any trouble getting paid from any of the companies I did work for.

GfK though. I've seen me set out in the morning with a sheaf of assignments, anything up to ten, and not return until 9pm at night. Sometimes this would go on for two or three days. Great assignments, great jobs, fantastic reps at GfK to work with and paid at the end of every month on the button.
    Originally posted by GlynD

That was the good old days before everyone jumped on the bandwagon, now they want far too much for the money they pay. Pictures of this, pictures of that. No mileage or parking. I started work for them about 15 years ago and yes, it was good to work for them, really nice jobs decent pay, but I hardly do anything for them now.
    • forestlands
    • By forestlands 13th Jul 14, 1:04 AM
    • 103 Posts
    • 55 Thanks
    forestlands
    Better late than never! Stear clear of Viewsbank, did another survey tonight and was told gave the wrong answer so wouldn't get paid - never received a penny from any survery! Stay safe, wouldn't recommend!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,127Posts Today

8,821Users online

Martin's Twitter