Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 1
    • Waterlily24
    • By Waterlily24 11th Dec 12, 12:23 PM
    • 1,059 Posts
    • 586 Thanks
    Waterlily24
    • 11th Dec 12, 12:23 PM
    • 11th Dec 12, 12:23 PM
    I can't remember how much it cost to move the one we had, but I do know it costs a lot more for a 12ft wide one. I'll find out if hubby can remember how mich it cost.
    • paddyrg
    • By paddyrg 11th Dec 12, 12:25 PM
    • 13,114 Posts
    • 11,188 Thanks
    paddyrg
    • 11th Dec 12, 12:25 PM
    • 11th Dec 12, 12:25 PM
    Sounds outrageous at first, but he has you over a barrel. If it includes plumbing, electrical hookups, levelling etc it is somewhat less outrageous, and perhaps there is a component for a more valuable pitch?

One thing to note, whilst vans are supposedly mobile, they are in the loosest sense - once one has been sat a while it can be a tough job to move it without damage, so give it a good check when you see it next.
  • floopnoodle
    • 11th Dec 12, 12:48 PM
    • 11th Dec 12, 12:48 PM
    As paddyrg says, they have you over a barrel, but...

Moving a static isn't the easiest thing. Depending where it is on the park, where it's going and what's on the other pitch it can take 4-6 men a good few hours, then they will need to get it levelled, connected and safety tested etc

The company I used to work for wouldn't let you move pitch, but when we did initially sell a caravan we did have to allocate 1k for siting of the caravan from the sale price so does sound in the right kind of range.
  • andreweastell
    • 11th Dec 12, 3:47 PM
    • 11th Dec 12, 3:47 PM
    Thanks for your replies.
    Yes, it does include "plumbing, electrical hookups, levelling etc".
    Andrew
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

101Posts Today

2,186Users online

Martin's Twitter