Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
Page 58
    • trfh
    • By trfh 12th Mar 18, 2:47 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    trfh
    Parcel2Go are now offering some very low prices from new (well new to me) couriers. Trouble is that they cannot be relied on to fulfill the service they are offering.

I have just booked two parcels to Canada, combined weight 22.7kg, and the cost was considerable at around 65 using OCS via Parcel2Go. Other comparable offerings are over 100 however, so I probably should have smelt a rat from the start. The items were part of a private ebay sale, so now I have to go back to my customer and tell him that he has to pay considerably more to get the items shipped.

When things go wrong with Parcel2Go, you are immediately in trouble. First there is no customer services phone number - you cannot speak to anyone. In fact there is no way of contacting them at all evident on their website - however a great deal of digging into the FAQ on the help pages does provide a link to a "Chat" facility.

I spent 82 minutes on that chat line. At no point did they offer any explanation why they could not produce labels for the service I had paid for. The two parcels were within size and weight limits for the OCS service booked - and they confirmed that. Two options I offered them were

1. To put the order on hold while any IT problem (if that was what it was) was sorted out.
    2. To use some other courier they already had on their books.

They refused both options - and insisted that they could only cancel and refund my payment. I think that is reneging on a contract which both parties freely entered into. No doubt I could seek redress, but life is too short for that. I will just walk away - and avoid their services in future.
    • kungfuman
    • By kungfuman 14th Mar 18, 10:57 AM
    • 58 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    kungfuman
    Any one have any recommendations for a courier service to send a high value single hifi speaker (worth about 1000) within the UK Mainlan? it is a big and heavy boxed unit measuring 70cm x 58cm x 65cm and weighing 50kg. Parcel2go and parcelhero are quoting reasonable prices (80-100) but should they be avoided?
    • soolin
    • By soolin 14th Mar 18, 11:53 AM
    • 60,306 Posts
    • 42,965 Thanks
    soolin
    Any one have any recommendations for a courier service to send a high value single hifi speaker (worth about 1000) within the UK Mainlan? it is a big and heavy boxed unit measuring 70cm x 58cm x 65cm and weighing 50kg. Parcel2go and parcelhero are quoting reasonable prices (80-100) but should they be avoided?
    Originally posted by kungfuman
    couriers are not really my thing, so others will be able to advise you properly. However, parcel2go and parcel hero are not couriers, they are third party sellers so you are using a middle man which can put an extra layer of red tape in if things go wrong. You will need to check not only the terms and conditions of the third party, but also the terms and conditions of the actual courier to ensure you are fully covered. Speakers are one area that requires a careful read of what you are actually insured for as quite often they will not be covered against damage at all.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
    • mrcol1000
    • By mrcol1000 14th Mar 18, 12:50 PM
    • 4,570 Posts
    • 3,938 Thanks
    mrcol1000
    You should see if it is cheaper to secure it on a pallet. There are plenty of websites that will give you a good price on pallet delivery. The problem is that it is more reliant on distance than couriers. However it should be handled a bit safer.

Failing that I would see if a man and van will do it. If you use a website like shiply.com there might be someone already going in the general direction you want and so might be able to do it cheaper than what you'd normally pay.

Problem using Parcel2go etc... is that you get 25 standard compensation. To upgrade it to 1000 will cost a fortune and you need to check the terms to see if speakers are covered. Also they are only as good as the actual courier who carries it. A lot of these courier firms throw parcels around as they don't have the time to carefully move it.
    • polucas
    • By polucas 10th Apr 18, 1:21 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    polucas
    Parcel UK to Spain / DPDlocal
    I was looking for a courier to send 2 regular boxes (10kg) from UK Mainland to Spain. I found that DPD has a 'DPD local' service which is totallt affordable, but then I realised that the service is actually Parcel2go, which has quite a few negative reviews on the forum here. On the other hand, DPD is a respectable company - I was wondering if people have used the DPD local service? Does that guarantee my package will be sent to Spain via normal DPD service?

Also, most couriers offer to pick-up the package from home, what is a pain cause I'm working regular hours. How is it possible that if I go to UPS website myself I can't select to drop my parcel at their access point, but I do see that option when suing P4D? Do all couriers offer options to drop the parcel at their point?
    Last edited by polucas; 10-04-2018 at 2:58 PM. Reason: added a question
    • custardy
    • By custardy 10th Apr 18, 2:13 PM
    • 33,448 Posts
    • 28,340 Thanks
    custardy
    I was looking for a courier to send 2 regular boxes (10kg) from UK Mainland to Spain. I found that DPD has a 'DPD local' service which is totallt affordable, but then I realised that the service is actually Parcel2go, which has quite a few negative reviews on the forum here. On the other hand, DPD is a respectable company - I was wondering if people have used the DPD local service? Does that guarantee my package will be sent to Spain via normal DPD service?
    Originally posted by polucas
    The service isnt Parcel2go. They are your booking agent.
    Does DPD have a Spanish operation? Or do they pass onto a different courier in Spain?
    • polucas
    • By polucas 10th Apr 18, 3:03 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    polucas
    The service isnt Parcel2go. They are your booking agent.
    Does DPD have a Spanish operation? Or do they pass onto a different courier in Spain?
    Originally posted by custardy
    Does that mean that when they are delivering the package or if there's any issues with it, will I be able to speak directly to DPD or I have to do everything through Parcel2go?

I don't see a spanish DPD website so I assume they pass it onto another courier in Spain. I hope that since it's Barcelona, there won't a problem on that side...

Many thanks for answer
    • custardy
    • By custardy 10th Apr 18, 3:35 PM
    • 33,448 Posts
    • 28,340 Thanks
    custardy
    Does that mean that when they are delivering the package or if there's any issues with it, will I be able to speak directly to DPD or I have to do everything through Parcel2go?

I don't see a spanish DPD website so I assume they pass it onto another courier in Spain. I hope that since it's Barcelona, there won't a problem on that side...

Many thanks for answer
    Originally posted by polucas
    You go through P2G,thats the whole point of a booking agent.
    My point is you are banking on DPD service levels but all they will do is take it to the airport.

This is from 2013

http://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/dpd-interlink-spain-791008/
    • polucas
    • By polucas 10th Apr 18, 4:39 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    polucas
    Many thanks @custardy

Anyone can give me some advice on the second question:
    Most couriers offer to pick-up the package from home, what is a pain cause I'm working regular hours. How is it possible that if I go to UPS website myself I can't select to drop my parcel at their access point, but I do see that option when suing P4D? Do not all couriers offer options to drop the parcel at their location?
    • Suzveitch
    • By Suzveitch 17th Apr 18, 4:20 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Suzveitch
    Parcel2go - rubbish!
    I sent some drinking glasses to Northern Ireland on 8th March. By 16th April, they still haven't arrived. I've been told they have been damaged in transit, but neither I nor the recipient have seen them so I have no photographs to claim compensation.
    Despite my request for the parcel to still be delivered, it is meant to be on it's way back to me. However that was over two weeks ago...

No phone number or address on website. Only contact is via a web chat which you can't download as evidence of what you were told.

Avoid despite the price!
    • custardy
    • By custardy 17th Apr 18, 4:27 PM
    • 33,448 Posts
    • 28,340 Thanks
    custardy
    I sent some drinking glasses to Northern Ireland on 8th March. By 16th April, they still haven't arrived. I've been told they have been damaged in transit, but neither I nor the recipient have seen them so I have no photographs to claim compensation.
    Despite my request for the parcel to still be delivered, it is meant to be on it's way back to me. However that was over two weeks ago...

No phone number or address on website. Only contact is via a web chat which you can't download as evidence of what you were told.

Avoid despite the price!
    Originally posted by Suzveitch
    Thats great,if only you told us the company.
    Parcel2go are a broker.
    what are you saying you were told that isnt true?
    So Im betting glass isnt covered and many couriers wont carry broken glass for H&S reasons.
    • Suzveitch
    • By Suzveitch 25th Apr 18, 4:40 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Suzveitch
    Thats great,if only you told us the company.
    Parcel2go are a broker.
    what are you saying you were told that isnt true?
    So Im betting glass isnt covered and many couriers wont carry broken glass for H&S reasons.
    Originally posted by custardy
    Hermes was the company. Glasses aren't covered under compensation which is why I didn't take out any. However I didn't expect to pay money to have my product both broken and lost! I should at least be able to get my delivery charge back.
    • custardy
    • By custardy 25th Apr 18, 4:42 PM
    • 33,448 Posts
    • 28,340 Thanks
    custardy
    Hermes was the company. Glasses aren't covered under compensation which is why I didn't take out any. However I didn't expect to pay money to have my product both broken and lost! I should at least be able to get my delivery charge back.
    Originally posted by Suzveitch
    Well if they got broken,is that not down to the packaging?
    • misterthrifty
    • By misterthrifty 25th Apr 18, 6:51 PM
    • 365 Posts
    • 81 Thanks
    misterthrifty
    Sending parcel to Brazil
    Hi
    I have to send a parcel to Brazil, an ebay purchase of books valued at 300. The weight is around 9kg and the size of the package is 30cm x 30cm x 30cm. I have had a search but they seem very expensive. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    TIA
    • sawas008
    • By sawas008 9th May 18, 2:17 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    sawas008
    Hello, does anyone of you try to use parcelabc.com services? They say that they are the cheapest, because they using free space in courier transport. Tried to compare some prices (sending from Lithuania to London) with parcel2go i did't found that much cheaper suggestions, but maybe others find some cheaper suggestions?
    • November2
    • By November2 10th May 18, 8:35 AM
    • 759 Posts
    • 211 Thanks
    November2
    Does anyone know a courier who will carry water based paint? I have some Walltastic sets, they include a wall mural and two tins of paint in a box. I had previously used Parcelforce which was via Ebays reduced postage link and it only cost around 8 but then they removed the link and price has now doubled.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

436Posts Today

5,104Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin