Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
Page 86
    • Froggitt
    • By Froggitt 11th May 18, 9:03 AM
    • 5,810 Posts
    • 3,068 Thanks
    Froggitt
    It's a good offer although it's not necessarily the best

For example Kuflink are doing an offer at the moment. You have to be referred by someone to get it. If you are referred and invest 500 for a year you get 100 cash and the person who sent you there gets 100 cash as well. My understanding (I've not completed it yet so dont hold me to this) is that the 100 bonuses are immediately withdrawable as cash when you get them, 2 weeks after the investment. There are people on the referal boards here at MSE offering 75 of their 100 if you use their codes so you might want to check that out. I am due my 100 in a few days along with a 75 backhander so will be reporting back then on the relevant threads.

There are other offers for similar things. Orbis are a stocks and shares platform who do a 100 for 100 (invested for a year) regularly - that's only for ISA's most of the time but occasionally its for unwrapped investments also. Other p2p's such as growth street make offers as well.

The ratesetter one is good. I did it myself and no hassles got the 100 without chasing. Ended up about a 14% return on 1000 for a year. It's maybe not the best around but it's up there. Once I got it I just withdrew everything and now use them as a 10 a month direct debit for current accounts . I don't think they offer great returns without the bonus.
    Originally posted by fun4everyone
    If, for example, you have your 20k ISA allowance to invest, Kufflink have a 5% cashback through Quidco. Thats a grand.
    illegitimi non carborundum
    • coldjim
    • By coldjim 12th May 18, 2:01 PM
    • 39 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    coldjim
    If, for example, you have your 20k ISA allowance to invest, Kufflink have a 5% cashback through Quidco. Thats a grand.
    Originally posted by Froggitt
    Ah didn't know there was cashback on these type of accounts. I have opened a kuflink now and invested 500, but gone through a referral to get an extra 100 which i suppose I am 20% up already on my investment (plus the referral is giving me an extra 75 back too from their share).
    • Gspree
    • By Gspree 13th May 18, 2:10 AM
    • 18 Posts
    • 21 Thanks
    Gspree
    Can anyone recommend the best P2P cashback offers for new investors currently? Aside from the Kufflink and Ratesetter as I've picked up their bonuses already.

(I'm leaning towards Lending Works as they're offering 50 cashback on a 1k+ investment and they seem a stable platform with decent interest rates).

Thanks
    • bxboards
    • By bxboards 13th May 18, 8:47 AM
    • 1,571 Posts
    • 1,218 Thanks
    bxboards
    There is an auto invest and monthly plan product from Octopus Choice which i would assume with regards platform safety to come from one of the bigger companies in this field due to the relative size of the parent company(but there is still the general risk of this market) and the fact they have been in investments for quite a while running funds/VCT & recently Octopus cash a savings product in partnership with some challenger banks.Could be worth some research if interested but would only consider P2P for a small part of your pot
    Originally posted by firestone
    I use Octopus Choice, rates average around 4%, usually slightly above.

Easy to sell out if you need money, I took 5 figures out last year due to concerns about diversifications (too much money spread over too few loans) and I had the money back within 48 hours.

However 4% ish is fairly low, Assetz Capital have a property fund that targets 5.5% doing much the same thing.

I use OC mainly as I like to spread my money around multiple sites
    • AdrianC
    • By AdrianC 13th May 18, 8:56 AM
    • 18,363 Posts
    • 16,588 Thanks
    AdrianC
    Can anyone recommend the best P2P cashback offers for new investors currently?
    Originally posted by Gspree
    Honestly? That seems a very dangerous way of picking a platform.

"I don't care if the rates are terrible for the risk, look at the shiny pen the nice salesman gave me!"
    • keyboardworrier
    • By keyboardworrier 13th May 18, 11:07 AM
    • 104 Posts
    • 107 Thanks
    keyboardworrier
    I had money in Octopus Choice but removed it, after thinking about it for a little while I didn't like the fact I was only getting 4%. I understand they have 5% skin in the game but Kuflink at the time had 20% and was paying 6-7%. Now Kuflink have 5% skin across all loans and a 20% "guarantee" which should cover capital+interest in the event of default.

Can anyone recommend the best P2P cashback offers for new investors currently? Aside from the Kufflink and Ratesetter as I've picked up their bonuses already.

(I'm leaning towards Lending Works as they're offering 50 cashback on a 1k+ investment and they seem a stable platform with decent interest rates).

Thanks
    Originally posted by Gspree

Landbay may be worth looking into, that offers a 50 bonus too. You have to invest 5k to get it. One great thing about that platform is that your money earns interest whilst it's sat in the investment queue in the form of cashback.
    Last edited by keyboardworrier; 13-05-2018 at 11:17 AM.
    • artie-richardson
    • By artie-richardson 15th May 18, 6:15 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    artie-richardson
    Orca has been offering a new investor bonus of 100 and they diversify across several platforms from one portfolio. Think they're about to launch some new bonuses (similar to aforementioned)... may be worth signing up as I get emails about the incentive schemes quite regularly.
    • nxdmsandkaskdjaqd
    • By nxdmsandkaskdjaqd 16th May 18, 7:27 AM
    • 521 Posts
    • 55 Thanks
    nxdmsandkaskdjaqd
    Anyone know the latest on Collateral following the legal case at the end of April?
    • masonic
    • By masonic 16th May 18, 7:59 AM
    • 9,824 Posts
    • 7,032 Thanks
    masonic
    Anyone know the latest on Collateral following the legal case at the end of April?
    Originally posted by nxdmsandkaskdjaqd
    Nothing substantial has happened since. BDO are providing information at https://www.bdo.co.uk/en-gb/collateral-companies-in-administration

Realistically it will be a month or so before a new set of proposals for the administration are likely to be made.
    • fun4everyone
    • By fun4everyone 16th May 18, 8:21 AM
    • 1,019 Posts
    • 1,554 Thanks
    fun4everyone
    Is it worthwhile emailing them and registering as an investor? They mention doing that in a pdf I read.

Surely we will not have to do that to get whatever is due to us.
    • firestone
    • By firestone 16th May 18, 8:28 AM
    • 269 Posts
    • 120 Thanks
    firestone
    I had money in Octopus Choice but removed it, after thinking about it for a little while I didn't like the fact I was only getting 4%. I understand they have 5% skin in the game but Kuflink at the time had 20% and was paying 6-7%. Now Kuflink have 5% skin across all loans and a 20% "guarantee" which should cover capital+interest in the event of default.

Landbay may be worth looking into, that offers a 50 bonus too. You have to invest 5k to get it. One great thing about that platform is that your money earns interest whilst it's sat in the investment queue in the form of cashback.
    Originally posted by keyboardworrier
    Thought from the P2P indie forum that Kuflink had no skin in the game now with new loans going forward hence the 100% availability.And the 20% "guarantee" is in the form of a provision fund.
    would agree about Landbay and their cashback on queue being good but they do seem to be funding new money quicker over the last year and have just joined the L&G mortgage panel among others which should help.
    • msallen
    • By msallen 16th May 18, 9:03 AM
    • 880 Posts
    • 988 Thanks
    msallen
    Thought from the P2P indie forum that Kuflink had no skin in the game now with new loans going forward...
    No they changed position following the reaction to the change - see p2pindependentforum.com/post/265788/thread.

I'm still not adding any new funds there at present though.
    • bxboards
    • By bxboards 16th May 18, 9:08 AM
    • 1,571 Posts
    • 1,218 Thanks
    bxboards
    Thought from the P2P indie forum that Kuflink had no skin in the game now with new loans going forward hence the 100% availability.And the 20% "guarantee" is in the form of a provision fund.
    would agree about Landbay and their cashback on queue being good but they do seem to be funding new money quicker over the last year and have just joined the L&G mortgage panel among others which should help.
    I use Landbay, however the rates are even lower than Octupus Choice!

I invested when you could get the 50.00 for depositing 1k, I would not have bothered putting in 5k for figures that hover around 3.5% at best.

Platform does seem fairly low risk, but I believe without FSCS protection 3.5% ballpark for P2P is too low for the risk - a Tesco bank account will pay 3% as a comparison.
    • masonic
    • By masonic 16th May 18, 8:48 PM
    • 9,824 Posts
    • 7,032 Thanks
    masonic
    Is it worthwhile emailing them and registering as an investor? They mention doing that in a pdf I read.

Surely we will not have to do that to get whatever is due to us.
    Originally posted by fun4everyone
    I see no value in doing so at this stage. Very likely they will have a more accurate record of our position from the platform database and any claim that differed from their records would require supporting evidence, which might require you falling back to bank statements showing the relevant transfers and not accounting for any interest earned/reinvested.

I'd rather they used their time as efficiently as possible.
    Last edited by masonic; 16-05-2018 at 8:50 PM.
    • bxboards
    • By bxboards 17th May 18, 10:27 AM
    • 1,571 Posts
    • 1,218 Thanks
    bxboards
    Assetz Capital are now offering very decent rates for their instant access (in normal market conditions!) and 30day accounts - the quick access account now pays 4.1% and the 30 day account pays 5.1%
    • Psyduck1980
    • By Psyduck1980 17th May 18, 2:36 PM
    • 56 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Psyduck1980
    Honestly? That seems a very dangerous way of picking a platform.

"I don't care if the rates are terrible for the risk, look at the shiny pen the nice salesman gave me!"
    Originally posted by AdrianC
    I would have thought that disregarding cashback and referrals from the decision making process completely is equally foolhardy.
    • bluenun
    • By bluenun 17th May 18, 5:21 PM
    • 209 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    bluenun
    I was referred to Kuflink and Have invested 500.

Hopefully receive my 100 bonus in 14 to 21 days.

In the meantime I have a choice to invest my 500 in either "Select invest" which pays up to 7.2% P/A but is riskier than the other 2 options.
    "Auto invest" or "IFISA" both pay the same 3.99% P/A for a 1 year investment.

For such a small investment of 500 I do not think it is worth investing in the IFISA as I will not be paying any tax on interest this year.
    I am veering towards the Auto invest option as the higher risk Select invest would only be an extra 16 P/A maximum.

Any thoughts?
    • pjcox2005
    • By pjcox2005 17th May 18, 5:39 PM
    • 557 Posts
    • 609 Thanks
    pjcox2005
    I was referred to Kuflink and Have invested 500.

Hopefully receive my 100 bonus in 14 to 21 days.

In the meantime I have a choice to invest my 500 in either "Select invest" which pays up to 7.2% P/A but is riskier than the other 2 options.
    "Auto invest" or "IFISA" both pay the same 3.99% P/A for a 1 year investment.

For such a small investment of 500 I do not think it is worth investing in the IFISA as I will not be paying any tax on interest this year.
    I am veering towards the Auto invest option as the higher risk Select invest would only be an extra 16 P/A maximum.

Any thoughts?
    Originally posted by bluenun

In your first line do you mean you've deposited 500 or invested 500, if you haven't invested anything yet then I'd go autoinvest as the full 500 has to be invested I believe within 24 hours of any initial amount so picking specific investments can lead to be a bit of uncertainty on the bonus qualifications.
    • masonic
    • By masonic 17th May 18, 5:52 PM
    • 9,824 Posts
    • 7,032 Thanks
    masonic
    In your first line do you mean you've deposited 500 or invested 500, if you haven't invested anything yet then I'd go autoinvest as the full 500 has to be invested I believe within 24 hours of any initial amount so picking specific investments can lead to be a bit of uncertainty on the bonus qualifications.
    Originally posted by pjcox2005
    Is that right? If so, it's probably a good thing I'm investing my 500 into just one 6 month loan. Not that I'd recommend that course of action to others who may not already have an extensive P2P portfolio and who may not have done the necessary DD.
    • bluenun
    • By bluenun 17th May 18, 9:05 PM
    • 209 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    bluenun
    Yes I meant I deposited 500 yesterday.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,994Posts Today

8,163Users online

Martin's Twitter