Squeaky spreadsheet diary

Comments

• Excellent news Tig :D WOOOOOOOOOO xx
    Facing up to things - nov 2012 total 9334.95
    back to work after baby -Jan 2014 - total [STRIKE]6905.28 [/STRIKE](1 credit card) £3535

Debt Free Date March 8th 2017 (31st birthday)
  • Fantastic well done, Merry Christmas!
    Next debt to bust c/c £1253.53 24/4/13 - Now £1211.91
  • Tiglath
    Tiglath Posts: 3,816 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Mornings are definitely not working for me this week. After yesterday's oversleeping, found just as I was going out that the bathroom roof leaks and all the toiletries on the windowsill are soaked. Had to shove a bowl under the leak and head off for work, only to find that the front door has swollen or dropped on its hinges and can't be locked. Aargh - remind me again why we bought an older house? DH reckons it's going to cost £150 to fix with expanding foam/sealant and new fascia boards, so bums to that.

Anyway, made an executive decision to bog off home when everyone else went for their Xmas lunch. Time enough to hold the fort on my own next week when I have to, not when I don't have to. My boss was practically kicking me out the door to go home, bless her - she's so lovely. Definitely pleased about the debt reduction milestone though, and had some interesting conversations with colleagues about their own share-dealing, completely out of the blue.

Food to be taken in tomorrow has to start with Ch, so I'm thinking cheese and crackers; cheap enough to pick up at Mr T on my way to the station. Someone else can bring the champagne; we're off out for a small team lunch tomorrow anyway. Last year the theme was chilli and ginger so I took devilled eggs which were snarfed up very quickly. Actually I'm wondering if I can return to the Seventies and do cheesy-pineapple sticks - that'll be even cheaper :) They'd have to pry the plate out of my unwilling hands though - love cheese and pineapple.
    "Save £12k in 2019" #120 - £100,699.57/£100,000
  • i LOVE cheese and pineapple! LOVE IT! LOVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVE IT!
    back to work after baby -Jan 2014 - total [STRIKE]6905.28 [/STRIKE](1 credit card) £3535

• lurvlyloz wrote: »
    i LOVE cheese and pineapple! LOVE IT! LOVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVE IT!

Me too... yum yum

Bums to the leaking roof and warped door :mad:
  • Tiglath
    It's a bit more festive than the 'Christmas jug of water' I felt like giving earlier ;)
  • Tiglath
    I've 'bought' my fantasy portfolio via The Share Centre. Going for individual companies I know, a general tracker fund to give me an overview of the market, a fund of funds, a sector-specific fund which is higher risk, and a fixed income fund based on UK bonds + preference shares which should offer dividends and some capital gains. Now I have to sit back and watch and learn. Opening value of holdings is £13,816.42, with £1050 left to play with in case something else catches my eye.
  • Tiglath
    Hoorah for the winter solstice - the days start getting longer again after today :) Just have to get through another week of work, and then I have 2 weeks off. I'll need it by then. Got Mum and the stepson both staying this weekend, so bodies everywhere. Aiming to do the final food shop after work today because tomorrow will be bedlam. What I'd really like is to go back to bed.
  • yay for longer days! all the darkness gets me down.

hope the shop isnt too manic!x

• lurvlyloz wrote: »
    yay for longer days! all the darkness gets me down.

Same here hun, I find that I do very little when the days are shorter...I think I was a squirrel in my previous life as I would happily hibernate now if I could! :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure