Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    dantheman2010
    Royal Mail Recorded Delivery Signed For Naughty Postman...............
    • 14th Nov 12, 5:41 PM
    Royal Mail Recorded Delivery Signed For Naughty Postman............... 14th Nov 12 at 5:41 PM
    Hi all

I have received my post today and amongst it was something which was sent by recorded delivery and needed to be signed for.

Both myself and my partner were at work so I decided to use the tracking number to see who signed for it.

It was supposedly signed for by me although the signature is not mine. Now I assume the post man did this "forging" my signature, I appreciate I now dont have to go to the sorting office to collect the item but surely this is not legal?

I was tempted (I know I shouldnt) to claim the company that sent it that I havent received it and when they check the tracking prove that it is not my signature with driving licence/passport etc. Although I am not sure I can be bothered with that.

I was just shocked they had forged my signature.
Page 7
    • Das100
    • By Das100 6th Jan 18, 2:36 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Das100
    It's OK saying about bank transfers and such but when you're not computer literate it's not so easy which is why they would still send cash. And yes it would be changed to euro. Whether it was cash, postal order or just a card, they should be doing more to stop items from being stolen. At least some !!!! would have had a good Christmas.
    • BorisThomson
    • By BorisThomson 6th Jan 18, 3:34 PM
    • 1,586 Posts
    • 3,426 Thanks
    BorisThomson
    It's OK saying about bank transfers and such but when you're not computer literate it's not so easy which is why they would still send cash. And yes it would be changed to euro. Whether it was cash, postal order or just a card, they should be doing more to stop items from being stolen. At least some !!!! would have had a good Christmas.
    Originally posted by Das100
    You can arrange a bank transfer over the phone.

Unless you have evidence to support your assertion, please stop accusing people of theft. Millions of items are handled by Royal Mail over the Christmas period, unfortunately some will go missing.
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 6th Jan 18, 6:19 PM
    • 19,486 Posts
    • 209,700 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Personally, when sending money in the mail, I always use cheques.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,043Posts Today

7,162Users online

Martin's Twitter