The Grapevine - any advice?

Options

Comments

• katie07
    katie07 Posts: 180 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks so much for your reply, you've really set my mind at ease now :) I've emailed my address too, so hopefully we both get some free wine!!:beer:

The MS task was a bit more effort than I was expecting (as I understood it to be surveys etc usually) but I just did it at the same time as my main shop so it wasn't too taxing this time. What was taxing was leaving the wine unopened for the entire weekend....!!

Thanks again for your help.
  • MoneySaver82
    Options
    Happy to help! :)
  • MoneySaver82
    Options
    Hi katie07

Just thought I'd post again to say my wines for testing turned up today so can do the taste test tomorrow. Was surprised as thought they'd just been small sample bottles but I got 3 full size bottles of different light wines to the one I'd already bought for the mystery shopping.
    I've also already been paid £10 for doing the first mystery shopping part. :j
    Not sure if we get paid another £10 for doing the taste test or not, wasn't clear - but to be honest I'm just happy with my 3 free bottles of wine!! :beer:
    Hope your wines have turned up too!
    :)
  • katie07
    katie07 Posts: 180 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Wow, awesome! I think they tried delivering mine today but I was out so they're going to try redelivering again tomorrow.....although not sure anyone will be in tomorrow either!! :)

Fab to hear they're full size bottles, I was also expecting just some sample bottles, or maybe just 1 full size bottle. I've been paid my £10 for the mystery shop too, and will also be perfectly happy if I get free wine and no extra money for the taste test! :)
  • moneysavy1
    moneysavy1 Posts: 4 Newbie
    edited 14 February 2013 at 5:21PM
    Options
    Hi,

I was searching for websites that you can sign up to apply for market research and the Grapevine Panel came up. Has anyone used it before?
  • tia1803
    tia1803 Posts: 767 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hi
    I signed up to grapevine last year and was called to take part. They were brilliant. They called to confirm,gave clear instructions with times and venue and I hope I get chosen again as I had a really good time. Payment was very prompt too!
    2013 wins...angry birds knex.
  • djbowwow
    Options
    Hello
    Im part of the grapevine group and i have been to one research session. I was paid £30 for 1 and a 1/2 hour group discussion. I absolutely loved it and hope i get chosen for another soon. I was paid on the day. It was fun and easy. Thanks Grapevine.
  • moneysavy1
    Options
    Thanks for your replies. Sounds like it might be a good one to join then. Has anyone else had any experience with it?
  • Thanks for the 'heads up' on this company, moneysav1. Thanks to you and the other posters who recommended it I've just joined up:j

There doesn't seem all that much info on the website or FAQs re: form of payment or anything else much. Someone has said they pay on the day so is it in cash or cheque? Do they contact panel members whenever there is a relevant job or do you have to keep logging onto the site to see if anything suitable or local has come up and bagging it yourself? Also, do they pay travel expenses? This is a very rural area and usually that and transport costs make such things as mystery shopping a no-no so I hope discussion groups won't be a complete non-starter for me as it sounds my kind of thing.

Thanks again all
  • moneysavy1
    Options
    Hey,

Glad the posts have helped you too!

I think they pay on the day in cash sometimes, thats what ive heard. Its good I think if you check the site regulalry to see if there is any research coming up near you. But they also email you when something relevant comes up so they are pretty good about letting you know it seems!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure