Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Andrea
    • By MSE Andrea 5th Nov 12, 5:58 PM
    • 9,258Posts
    • 22,115Thanks
    MSE Andrea
    Ask a StepChange (formerly CCCS) counsellor a bankruptcy question
    • 5th Nov 12, 5:58 PM
    Ask a StepChange (formerly CCCS) counsellor a bankruptcy question 5th Nov 12 at 5:58 PM
    StepChange Debt Charity (formerly CCCS) has several counsellors answering questions in our forum.

There are three ways to contact them:

1 - To ask them a question please post it below and Allen, Linsi, Kirsty, Rachael, Joe or Patience will post a reply here.

2 - If you would prefer to ask a question in private you can send a private message to StepChange Private Messages and one of the counsellors will get back to you.

3 – StepChange Debt Remedy is a free and confidential online debt advice tool. You can put a budget together at your pace, and you can also talk it over with an advisor through online chat.

This thread continues from the previous Ask a counsellor a question thread one
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 09-10-2018 at 10:56 AM.
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Facebook, MSE Deals Twitter, Forum Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
Page 70
  • StepChange_Rachael
    Hi

Welcome to the forum.

Youíll find a message answering your query in your inbox, Iíve just responded to the private message youíd sent earlier.

Thanks
    Rachael

Hi
    I am a single parent, no maintenance or child support, employed full time but have about 26k of credit card debts which means my outgoings exceed my income and therefore I rely on using credit to pay for essentials such as food and petrol. Despite my best efforts, I have come to the realisation that the debt is affecting my mental health and have decided to get help. I have looked into IVA and bankruptcy which looks like the best option, but I was wondering what is the longer term impact if I go down the bankruptcy route - what restrictions would I be under and for how long?

Thanks for lending an ear .....
    Originally posted by joeyhawks
    I work as a debt advisor for StepChange Debt Charity and have specific permission from Martin to post on these boards to try and help those in debt. Read more information on StepChange Debt Charity in the Debt Problems: What to do and where to get help article. If you find you're struggling with debt and you need further help try our online advice facility Debt Remedy.

Don't be afraid of getting debt advice. We'll help you take one more step towards getting help with your debt.
    • realgonekid
    • By realgonekid 28th Aug 18, 9:16 PM
    • 44 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    realgonekid
    Thank you for the previous answer

Would you be able to advise if Damages for Distress could be included in a bankruptcy order?

Thanks
  • StepChange_Kirsty
    Hi,

Thanks for your response.

Iím afraid we could not say for certain if damages for distress would be included in Bankruptcy or not as itís quite an uncommon situation.

I can see from other posts youíve put on the forum that youíll be speaking to an Insolvency Practitioner tomorrow so they should be able to provide you more guidance on this. Alternatively you can call the Insolvency Service helpline on 0300 678 0015. Theyíre available Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm.

Iím sorry weíve not been able to help you further with this question.

Kirsty

Thank you for the previous answer

Would you be able to advise if Damages for Distress could be included in a bankruptcy order?

Thanks
    Originally posted by realgonekid
    I work as a debt advisor for StepChange Debt Charity and have specific permission from Martin to post on these boards to try and help those in debt. Read more information on StepChange Debt Charity in the Debt Problems: What to do and where to get help article. If you find you're struggling with debt and you need further help try our online advice facility Debt Remedy.

Don't be afraid of getting debt advice. We'll help you take one more step towards getting help with your debt.
    • motinter
    • By motinter 5th Sep 18, 5:15 PM
    • 40 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    motinter
    I've reached a point where stepchangr have suggested bankruptcy is the best solution for me right now.

I've filled out the application and I'mjust trying to get the fee together. Obviously still apprehensive about the whole thing, but I just want to write this chapter of my life off and get moving forward using what I've learned.

My question is regarding change in circumstances. My income is variable. What happens if:

- my income improves and leaves me excess consistently.

- I have one month where my income leaves me a little extra, but then I have a bad month income wise?
  • StepChange_Joe
    I've reached a point where stepchangr have suggested bankruptcy is the best solution for me right now.

I've filled out the application and I'mjust trying to get the fee together. Obviously still apprehensive about the whole thing, but I just want to write this chapter of my life off and get moving forward using what I've learned.

My question is regarding change in circumstances. My income is variable. What happens if:

- my income improves and leaves me excess consistently.

- I have one month where my income leaves me a little extra, but then I have a bad month income wise?
    Originally posted by motinter

Hello

Thanks for posting and welcome to the forum.

When you go bankrupt, the Official Receiver (OR) may set an income payment arrangement (IPA). These payments are used to cover the ORís costs and to make pro-rata payments to your provable debts.

The OR calculates how much the IPA should be based on the information you provide about your income, and your budget. They also use their own budget guidelines to decide how high to set the IPA.

An IPA lasts for 36 months (sometimes less, but itís unusual). In 2016, around 1 in 6 of all bankruptcies had an IPA set.

You must get in touch with the OR immediately if your income or circumstances change so they can revise your IPA. For example, if your income increases due to overtime or bonuses, get in touch with the OR: the extra money will be taken as an additionally to the set IPA. If your income is lower one month, get in touch with the OR as soon as possible so the payment can be revised.

In terms of the fee, this can be paid in instalments, although the application canít be submitted until the fee has been paid in full. You might be eligible for help with the fee, and you can check your eligibility for a grant on the Turn2Us website.

Bankruptcy is very rarely the only solution that we recommend, so if youíre unsure and want to review other options, I suggest getting back in touch with us for further advice.

I hope youíve found this helpful.

Joe

• motinter
    • By motinter 11th Sep 18, 7:55 AM
    • 40 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    motinter
    Thanks for the reply.

So, what happens if I have, say £50 disposable income for one month due to increased income and then nothing the next 2 or 3 months. So my average income/expenditure is actually in a deficit over a longer duration?
  • StepChange_Patience
    Hi there

Thanks for getting back in touch.

If your income fluctuates, the Official Receiver (OR) may look to take an average of this.

This could potentially help them work out if you have a 'surplus' (an amount left over) and whether it's suitable to put an income payment arrangement or order (IPA/IPO) in place.

If you have any further questions or need any further support with your application, the Insolvency Service will happily help. You can find further information about them here: https://www.gov.uk/the-insolvency-service

I hope this helps.

Patience

Thanks for the reply.

So, what happens if I have, say £50 disposable income for one month due to increased income and then nothing the next 2 or 3 months. So my average income/expenditure is actually in a deficit over a longer duration?
    Originally posted by motinter

• vixg66
    • By vixg66 12th Sep 18, 3:36 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    vixg66
    Hi. I am addressing my £20k debt and on taking advice think that bankruptcy will be the best solution for me as I don't own a home or car. I do think that I will be required to pay money to my creditors for 3 years having gone through my income and outgoings.

I have 3 queries - I have managed to cut smoking down from 20 per day to 15 per day and aiming for 10 per day in the next few months. I do have a MH condition including anxiety which will worsen due to bankruptcy I think, so I don't feel able to stop smoking yet. Is 10 cigs per day acceptable to the OR in terms of budget? it's would be around 140 quid per month.

I'm also vegan and the milk, cheese & protein substitutes I use are more expensive. I use 3 cartons of oat and coconut milk a week which is about 24 quid a month. It took me a while to find the brand I like that doesn't curdle in tea or coffee and also tastes good and I know it may sound like a first world problem, but the thought of having to find cheaper alternatives is stressing me out a bit - more than not having money for holidays or meals out, etc. Are you allowed a bit more money for alternative diets? I'm vegan partly due to changing my diet to avoid being prescribed statins and it seems to have worked.

Which brings me to gym membership at 28 quid a month. The gym is best for me as it means I go to classes at times that fit around my working hours. It helps with my MH disability too, as well as physical health. I'm happy to stop seeing a personal trainer but am really anxious that the cost of gym membership won't be allowed in my budget. I am not someone who is motivated enough to go out jogging or do a workout dvd at home (I do walk though) so if I don't do classes or go to the gym I probably would do very little exercise at all.

I also added up the cost for my cat who is getting on and has a special diet for urinary problems. His food, litter, insurance, vet excess fees (£100), booster injection, flea & worming and taxi to vets every 3 months for treatment would be around 57.5 quid a month. I don't even know what I'd do if he needed 100's pounds worth of treatment during bankruptcy (another anxiety trigger for me) as I have to pay his treatments and then claim back on insurance. Would nearly 60 quid pm for 1 cat be over the trigger figure?

I know it's my fault that I'm facing these questions and worries now. Any advice would be much appreciated.

thanks
  • StepChange_Allen
    Hi. I am addressing my £20k debt and on taking advice think that bankruptcy will be the best solution for me as I don't own a home or car. I do think that I will be required to pay money to my creditors for 3 years having gone through my income and outgoings.

I have 3 queries - I have managed to cut smoking down from 20 per day to 15 per day and aiming for 10 per day in the next few months. I do have a MH condition including anxiety which will worsen due to bankruptcy I think, so I don't feel able to stop smoking yet. Is 10 cigs per day acceptable to the OR in terms of budget? it's would be around 140 quid per month.

I'm also vegan and the milk, cheese & protein substitutes I use are more expensive. I use 3 cartons of oat and coconut milk a week which is about 24 quid a month. It took me a while to find the brand I like that doesn't curdle in tea or coffee and also tastes good and I know it may sound like a first world problem, but the thought of having to find cheaper alternatives is stressing me out a bit - more than not having money for holidays or meals out, etc. Are you allowed a bit more money for alternative diets? I'm vegan partly due to changing my diet to avoid being prescribed statins and it seems to have worked.

Which brings me to gym membership at 28 quid a month. The gym is best for me as it means I go to classes at times that fit around my working hours. It helps with my MH disability too, as well as physical health. I'm happy to stop seeing a personal trainer but am really anxious that the cost of gym membership won't be allowed in my budget. I am not someone who is motivated enough to go out jogging or do a workout dvd at home (I do walk though) so if I don't do classes or go to the gym I probably would do very little exercise at all.

I also added up the cost for my cat who is getting on and has a special diet for urinary problems. His food, litter, insurance, vet excess fees (£100), booster injection, flea & worming and taxi to vets every 3 months for treatment would be around 57.5 quid a month. I don't even know what I'd do if he needed 100's pounds worth of treatment during bankruptcy (another anxiety trigger for me) as I have to pay his treatments and then claim back on insurance. Would nearly 60 quid pm for 1 cat be over the trigger figure?

I know it's my fault that I'm facing these questions and worries now. Any advice would be much appreciated.

thanks
    Originally posted by vixg66

Hi there

Thanks for posting.

May I ask who has given you advice on going bankrupt? I ask because if it's someone that is qualified to give you that advice, then these kind of questions they should be able to cover with you too. If you register with us for example, we'd look at your overall budget and advise of any possible issues on your budget.

If you do go bankrupt, then some of these areas may be an issue; tobacco isn't an allowable expense, but whether you could argue that it helps with your condition, I'm not entirely sure. It may be a similar conversation with regards to the gym membership as generally it's not an allowable expense in bankruptcy.

The OR is likely to assess all of your expenses as a whole and will decide on areas like shopping and pets by looking at the bigger picture, but it's certainly possible that they may ask you to cut some of the expenses.

I'd recommend either speaking further with the person that's recommended bankruptcy to you, if they're qualified to give debt advice, or you're welcome to contact us; details can be found on our website: www.stepchange.org/Contactus

I hope this helps a bit.

Allen

• caravanlife
    • By caravanlife 14th Sep 18, 4:29 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    caravanlife
    Husband bankrupt
    Hi
    My husband was made bankrupt over a HMRC debt recently.

Our home & mortgage is in my name only. Its worth c£165k & has about £85k with of equity in it. Weve been together the whole time I've owned the house (only got married recently) & have had joint finances for most of that.

How likely is it that the OR will try to prove my husband has a beneficial interest & take that from me?
    Also is there any guidance on how the OR works out what your monthly expenditure should be?

Thanks
    • freddieodom
    • By freddieodom 16th Sep 18, 10:43 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    freddieodom
    Thanks for all contributors for sharing such a nice information here
  • StepChange_Joe
    Hi
    My husband was made bankrupt over a HMRC debt recently.

Our home & mortgage is in my name only. Its worth c£165k & has about £85k with of equity in it. Weve been together the whole time I've owned the house (only got married recently) & have had joint finances for most of that.

How likely is it that the OR will try to prove my husband has a beneficial interest & take that from me?
    Also is there any guidance on how the OR works out what your monthly expenditure should be?

Thanks
    Originally posted by caravanlife

Hello, thanks for your post and welcome to the forum.

First of all, beneficial interest can be quite complex, as it involves property, matrimonial and trust law, and most of this falls outside the scope of debt advice that StepChange advisors can give. Iíd recommend also getting in touch with the Insolvency Service to discuss this further. You can visit their website here and reach them on 0300 678 0015 Monday to Friday 9am Ė 5pm.

Even though the mortgage is solely in your name, your partner could still have beneficial interest in the property, because youíve lived together had joint finances for most of your relationship. However, deciding what amounts to contributions may be complicated, and if one party involved doesnít agree, it will require a court decision and will usually be dealt with by an insolvency practitioner acting as trustee. If a trustee pursued your partnerís beneficial interest in the property, the burden of proof lies with them: itís down to the trustee to prove your partner has an interest in your property, not for your partner or you to prove he doesnít.

Even then, your partnerís beneficial interest is only likely to be pursued if itís more than £10,000, but smaller amounts could still be at risk. The trustee could try to negotiate a payment from you rather than making you sell the property.

In response to your second question, the Official Receiver (OR) uses their own set of guidelines when looking at living costs, as well taking the bankruptís individual circumstances into account. This is based on the Office of National Statistics (ONS) data on average household expenditure. Expenses are divided into four categories:

• Essential expenses based on the amount the client actually pays
    • Essential expenses based on the ORís maximum guidelines using ONS statistics
    • Costs which may be allowed if they are necessary. There are restrictions in the Insolvency Service Technical Manual on the circumstances in which these costs are permitted and how much will be allowed. Evidence may be required for some of these
    • Costs which arenít allowable, e.g. tobacco, children's pocket money.

The maximum monthly guideline figures the OR uses are called the Household Expenditure Survey (HES) and are based on ONS figures, which you can view on the gov.uk website. However, itís important to remember that they are guidelines only and the OR may decide that acceptable expenditure is higher or lower than this depending on the clientís circumstances. The Insolvency Service has told us that where clients use the exact figures in these guidelines, theyíll examine the clientís spending in closer detail because they assume the figures have been manipulated.

Joe

• hadenoughnow
    • By hadenoughnow 23rd Sep 18, 6:43 AM
    • 125 Posts
    • 48 Thanks
    hadenoughnow
    Morning All

I am 3 years into a 6yr IVA. I have recently taken out £15k of loans to pay for private surgery, and some has also been spent on a gambling addiction brought about by my partner leaving. (I thought with her income we could have repaid the loans).

Now Im really struggling. I have £3000 of these loans set aside to repay the IVA should they accept it, after this I was thinking of the BR route to cater for the new loans. I am just wondering if this is the best way to go about it, and what the OR will say that I have taken out all this extra debt whilst in an IVA.

Im aware that im probably looking at BRU and that's fine, im just worrying that there is some kind of criminal accusation coming my way? Any well founded advice is really appreciated guys please.

Thanks in advance.
    HEN

National Debtline - Tel: 0808 808 4000
    (CCCS) - Tel: 0800 138 1111
  • StepChange_Kirsty
    Hello,

Thanks for your post.

Itís important for you to get in touch with your Insolvency Practitioner (IP) as soon as possible to explain what has happened. I appreciate it might feel daunting to speak to your IP as youíre not supposed to take out more than £500 credit without their permission when youíre in an individual voluntary arrangement (IVA) but honesty really is the best policy to get this situation resolved.

Itís very unlikely that your IP would allow you use the money from the loans in order to try to settle the IVA and they will ask where you got the money from. Again itís important to be honest with them as otherwise it could cause you even more problems, especially if youíre looking to apply for Bankruptcy. Your IP will be best placed to advise whether or not the IVA can continue or if alternative advice is now appropriate.

If you decide to apply for Bankruptcy, as youíve mentioned you may receive a Bankruptcy restriction undertaking or order (BRU/BRO) where the restrictions of Bankruptcy would last longer than the original 12 months. Under a BRU/BRO the restrictions could apply anywhere from two to fifteen years. Also if the Official Receiver (OR) views the new debts as fraudulent, whilst the creditors cannot chase you for the debt whilst youíre Bankrupt you may not be discharged from it so thereís a chance you would still need to pay it. Speaking to your IP will definitely give you a better understanding of what you need to do next.

You mentioned youíve been gambling recently, if you havenít already I would highly recommend seeking some support with this. Gamcare are a charity who can provide free and confidential advice on stopping gambling.

All the best.

Kirsty

Morning All

I am 3 years into a 6yr IVA. I have recently taken out £15k of loans to pay for private surgery, and some has also been spent on a gambling addiction brought about by my partner leaving. (I thought with her income we could have repaid the loans).

Now Im really struggling. I have £3000 of these loans set aside to repay the IVA should they accept it, after this I was thinking of the BR route to cater for the new loans. I am just wondering if this is the best way to go about it, and what the OR will say that I have taken out all this extra debt whilst in an IVA.

Im aware that im probably looking at BRU and that's fine, im just worrying that there is some kind of criminal accusation coming my way? Any well founded advice is really appreciated guys please.

Thanks in advance.
    Originally posted by hadenoughnow

• hadenoughnow
    • By hadenoughnow 24th Sep 18, 9:15 PM
    • 125 Posts
    • 48 Thanks
    hadenoughnow
    Thanks Kirsty

I will ring them tomorrow, is there a Likleyhood of any criminal proceedings being brought about from this situation?
    HEN

• StepChange_Joe
    Thanks Kirsty

I will ring them tomorrow, is there a Likleyhood of any criminal proceedings being brought about from this situation?
    Hello

Thanks for your post.

You wonít be prosecuted for breaking the terms of your IVA, or for taking on debt you canít afford to pay.

However, if you apply for bankruptcy, thereís a change youíll receive a bankruptcy restriction order (BRO). As explained by my colleague, this will extend the restrictions put upon you by a bankruptcy for between 2 to 15 years beyond the date youíre discharged.

If you break one of these restrictions, then you could be prosecuted. The restrictions mean you must not:

• act as a director of a company, or form, manage or promote a company, without permission from the court
    • carry on business under a different name without telling people you do business with the name (or trading style) in which you were made bankrupt
    • try to borrow more than £500 without saying you are subject to restrictions
    • be a trustee of a charity
    • work in various posts in education such as being a school governor

This isnít an exhaustive list: more detail can be found on the GOV.uk website here.

Joe

• zed37
    • By zed37 25th Sep 18, 1:43 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    zed37
    hi Stepchange advisors.

i am currently in year 5 of my IVA which was originally run by a company called Mitchell Farrer insolvency company it was then transferred to a company called Credit fix. last year my mortgage completed however i had an mortgage reserve account which had 33000 on it. my mortgage company offered me an extended mortgage and so my mortgage continues for a further 12 years.
    Creditfix is now wanting to do an urgent review of my IVA however i have been receiving letters from the creditors saying that i am behind in payments and it doesnt look like things have been paid for over 2 to 3 months. I have had a change of income where my income has gone up by about times 2 and i had informed Creditfix of this however they never did a review or change in payments at that time. My question is how will this wage increase affect my existing IVA i have paid 150 every month regularly for the 5 years. Can i ask for a final figure or something to clear the IVA now or is it too late. Will my payments go up and how long will i have to stay in this IVA now.
    • hadenoughnow
    • By hadenoughnow 25th Sep 18, 3:35 PM
    • 125 Posts
    • 48 Thanks
    hadenoughnow

Hello

Thanks for your post.

You wonít be prosecuted for breaking the terms of your IVA, or for taking on debt you canít afford to pay.

However, if you apply for bankruptcy, thereís a change youíll receive a bankruptcy restriction order (BRO). As explained by my colleague, this will extend the restrictions put upon you by a bankruptcy for between 2 to 15 years beyond the date youíre discharged.

If you break one of these restrictions, then you could be prosecuted. The restrictions mean you must not:

• act as a director of a company, or form, manage or promote a company, without permission from the court
    • carry on business under a different name without telling people you do business with the name (or trading style) in which you were made bankrupt
    • try to borrow more than £500 without saying you are subject to restrictions
    • be a trustee of a charity
    • work in various posts in education such as being a school governor

This isnít an exhaustive list: more detail can be found on the GOV.uk website here.

Joe
    Originally posted by StepChange_Joe
    Thanks Joe,

This is a relief. I do worry though about still being liable for these debts once discharged, can you give any advice on this or maybe how to play the OR interview to try and make sure this doesnt happen?

Cheers
    HEN

• StepChange_Joe
    hi Stepchange advisors.

i am currently in year 5 of my IVA which was originally run by a company called Mitchell Farrer insolvency company it was then transferred to a company called Credit fix. last year my mortgage completed however i had an mortgage reserve account which had 33000 on it. my mortgage company offered me an extended mortgage and so my mortgage continues for a further 12 years.
    Creditfix is now wanting to do an urgent review of my IVA however i have been receiving letters from the creditors saying that i am behind in payments and it doesnt look like things have been paid for over 2 to 3 months. I have had a change of income where my income has gone up by about times 2 and i had informed Creditfix of this however they never did a review or change in payments at that time. My question is how will this wage increase affect my existing IVA i have paid 150 every month regularly for the 5 years. Can i ask for a final figure or something to clear the IVA now or is it too late. Will my payments go up and how long will i have to stay in this IVA now.
    Originally posted by zed37
    Hello

Thanks for posting.

Because an IVA is a legally binding arrangement, I'm limited in the advice I can give you. Itís important for you to get in touch with your Insolvency Practitioner (IP) as soon as possible to resolve this issues youíve mentioned.

In the first instance, Iíd definitely raise the missing payments with your IP, and if necessary you can follow their internal complaints procedure. If youíre unable to resolve this with your IP, or youíre not happy with how theyíve responded to your complaint, you can submit a complaint on the GOV.uk website.

Secondly, you should also get in touch with your IP to conduct a budget review. They will be the best placed to advise you whether or not the IVA can continue, if the term of the IVA needs to be extended, if the payments will stay the same or increase, or even if alternative advice is now appropriate.

I hope youíve found this helpful. Take care.

Joe

• splreece
    • By splreece 3rd Oct 18, 9:42 AM
    • 33 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    splreece
    Considering bankrupsy - single parent with left over income
    morning all,

i hope you can advice whether im going down the right track

i split with my kids mum 3 years ago, just after I invested in a buy to let refurb property (all in my name) and i've been left with the bills and property half done and look after my kids half the week.

so over the last 3 years the credit card debt has got to astonomic levels yet all my bills are being paid up until 3 months ago when normal interest kicked in an no issuer would give me another low balance transfer rate.

debt on cc is around 30k.

property is bought for 40k and mortgage left =32k (no missed payments)

not sure on value as is still looking like its being renovated ...

i'm considering bankrupsy as my stress levels and worry have caused quite severe medical and work related issues so i want a fresh start.

However i now understand that any excess income you have once major bills are paid...are still going to be sent to creditors (similar to iva).

my 5 key questions i guess are ...
    1) at what level are these repayments made? (for example i live off cheap food, drive a banger car, don't have holidays and dont drink/smoke or have relax time which has contributed to my health issues).

I would worry if i'm signing up to bankrupsy and still in the same position of stress and not eating properly or healthily, but now have bankrupsy on my record.

2) should i spend more now rather than make an effort to reduce like i have been.. making sure i am taken care of first?
    This seems a very wrong thing to do but i don't budget so perhaps i should be putting money aside for a better car or high food budget that includes fresh food. i don't know?

3) if i chose bankrupsy it's likely i may loose the house (i havent missed payments yet), but is there a chance i wouldn't if i were to get a valuation as it is currently (unfinished).

4) should i stop paying all my credits cards (i read somewhere if i only pay 1 card then i am in the wrong)....? should i be spreading
    the repayment between them all?

5) when putting the budget together, should i take into account interest changes/likely price rises. i.e. if council tax is 100 ppm now should i put 110 as its raising 5-10%each year from what i read in papers.

any help would be great.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,142Posts Today

9,172Users online

Martin's Twitter