Abbey (merged)

Options

Comments

• kev2b3
    kev2b3 Posts: 69 Forumite
    Options
    hi there hugo
    no its quite simple once you know the dates they were taking the charges out.My dates were 12th of each month.
  • hugo07
    hugo07 Posts: 104 Forumite
    Options
    kev2b3 wrote: »
    hi there hugo
    no its quite simple once you know the dates they were taking the charges out.My dates were 12th of each month.

Lol that will be my next problem the dates!! I did mention in the email about failing to provided dates!!

I know the letter can be sent to your local branch as maniac886 says in the help thread:
    For this section of your claim, you can send the letters to your local branch. Don't forget to send all your letters recorded/registered post. This way you have proof they received them.
  • missjules
    missjules Posts: 36 Forumite
    Options
    Hi
    i've done everything the same as you Devil482, the only contact i 've had with abbey were the 3 letters. All i've heard from them was the "We're sorry" letters. It has now reached the point where abbey now have until may 8 to send in their defence,i'm not scared of taking them to court , as they have my money and i want it back .. its the court bundle that has me a little scared. Ive got three of all my letters to them, my statements, letters from them, but what else is there to put in??

Any advice??
    Kim

Kim

go to the CAG Website, they have a section in the Statue Library which says BASIC COURT BUNDLE, it will list everything you need including previous cases etc.
  • missjules
    Options
    hugo07 wrote: »
    Thanks Kev, glad you finally recieved them!!! is it hard to work out the charges with this different transaction list?

With thanks to missjules i have sent an email now to Abbey so will see what happens!!!

:)

Hugo,

Have you heard back yet from abbey regarding the email you sent them?

regards
    Julie x
  • fivestarz
    fivestarz Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    Still no statements from Abbey for 2001-2003 despite emails to both jackie.scott@abbey.com and debbie.waghorn@abbey.com on 1st May advising them that I would be reporting to IMO and FSO if no immediate reply or statements forthcoming. Neither of them have had the courtesy to reply and I know they've received the emails as I got a read receipt so now its time to report?!
    For those of you who have had email replies from either of these contacts how quickly did they reply?

Thanks in advance for any advice or replies.
  • missjules
    Options
    fivestarz wrote: »
    Still no statements from Abbey for 2001-2003 despite emails to both jackie.scott@abbey.com and debbie.waghorn@abbey.com on 1st May advising them that I would be reporting to IMO and FSO if no immediate reply or statements forthcoming. Neither of them have had the courtesy to reply and I know they've received the emails as I got a read receipt so now its time to report?!
    For those of you who have had email replies from either of these contacts how quickly did they reply?

Thanks in advance for any advice or replies.

Fivestarz,

I got an immediate reply from Jackie Scott, she read them straight away and answered within 20mins the first one, then within a minute the second time.

Trouble is, people on the CAG website have also been using the emails I sent as I posted up what i said etc, and they have been sending them to her so maybe she is now inundated with emails hee hee. She then passes them onto Bradford as they are dealing with it, so it might be a good idea to phone Pam Speed at Bradford. I did try various email addresses for her but either she doesnt have one, or hers is different to the format of everyone else. I tried pamspeed, pam.speed and pamela.speed and it didnt recognise any of them. x
  • hugo07
    Options
    missjules wrote: »
    Hugo,

Have you heard back yet from abbey regarding the email you sent them?

regards
    Julie x

Hi Julie, no i have had no reply as yet!!! Not holding out to much hope but who knows!!

Will let you know if i do!!!

Thanks

Regards Hugo :)
  • missjules
    Options
    hugo07 wrote: »
    Hi Julie, no i have had no reply as yet!!! Not holding out to much hope but who knows!!

Will let you know if i do!!!

Thanks

Regards Hugo :)

Hi Hugo,

Hubbie has just phoned, all the info has arrived from 2001 through to 2003. They have also kindly enclosed the dates the charges were taken from the account for the period Jan 2004- Dec 2004 (as like you that statement of charges they sent didnt have the dates). They must of read the letter that I sent, because it said something along the lines of " I believe the previous info we sent you was not acceptable and we have issued you with the dates" which apparantly they have.

Hope you get yours soon.
    Julie xx
  • hugo07
    Options
    missjules wrote: »
    Hi Hugo,

Hubbie has just phoned, all the info has arrived from 2001 through to 2003. They have also kindly enclosed the dates the charges were taken from the account for the period Jan 2004- Dec 2004 (as like you that statement of charges they sent didnt have the dates). They must of read the letter that I sent, because it said something along the lines of " I believe the previous info we sent you was not acceptable and we have issued you with the dates" which apparantly they have.

Hope you get yours soon.
    Julie xx

Thanks Julie, Awhh im so glad they have turned up for you! well done you worked hard to get them!!!!

When i sent the letter about failing to provide dates and all requested info that i requested (the letter you helped me with) i sent it to this address:

Customer Resolution Manager,
    Data Protection Team
    Regulatory Compliance
    Abbey House
    201 Graftons Gate East
    Milton Keynes
    MK9 1AN

I know they recieved it but was it right to send it here?

Regards
    Hugo
  • Shabbey_Rashfool
    Options
    Abbey still haven't provided my bank charge information - it's now over two months since my initial letter and cheque.

The ICO have given Abbey 28 days to respond, so they now have ANOTHER 4 weeks to do nothing.

Complaining to the Banking Ombudsman gives Abbey 8 WEEKS to respond.

So however Abbey play it I won't get any information for at least another 4 weeks; that'll be three months since my initial request.

Should I estimate the charges and send the claim letter?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure