Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • angelatgraceland
    • By angelatgraceland 8th Apr 07, 12:38 PM
    • 3,318Posts
    • 23,074Thanks
    angelatgraceland
    Bubble machine: What detergent works?
    • 8th Apr 07, 12:38 PM
    Bubble machine: What detergent works? 8th Apr 07 at 12:38 PM
    I got my dd a bubble machine from Argos recently. What WUL can I use in it? The stuff you are supposed to buy is obviously overpriced so I am looking for a cheaper alternative. Cheapo mr T stuff doesnt work, Easy washup liquid doesnt work and Stardrops don't work. Are there any out there, tried and tested by any of you? I can just imagine me having all of these diff brands of WUL on the shelf otherwise!
    Annual Grocery budget 2018 is 1500 pa 125 calendar month 28.84 pw for 3 adults
Page 1
    • earthmother
    • By earthmother 8th Apr 07, 12:42 PM
    • 2,526 Posts
    • 5,433 Thanks
    earthmother
    • 8th Apr 07, 12:42 PM
    • 8th Apr 07, 12:42 PM
    I don't know about WULs (will watch with interest though), but I did find some cheaper bubble mix in Toys R Us the other day - £1.99 for 35oz (about 1L).

Seeing as the best I'd seen before was ELC's at over twice that, I think it's a good price (unless someone knows of even cheaper).

DFW Nerd no. 884 - Proud to be dealing with have dealt with my debts
    • lil_me
    • By lil_me 8th Apr 07, 12:48 PM
    • 13,109 Posts
    • 115,329 Thanks
    lil_me
    • 8th Apr 07, 12:48 PM
    • 8th Apr 07, 12:48 PM
    http://www.thebubbleshop.com/bubble_fun.ihtml might help

Only thing I will say is I was speaking to a Mam last week who was buying the proper stuff in ToysRus as the one she made ended up irritating daughters skin and when another child rubbed his eyes after touching it stung like crazy.
    One day I might be more organised...........:confused:
    GC: 250.00
    Slinkies target 2018 - another 70lb off (half way to what the NHS says) so far 25lb
  • kickstart
    • 8th Apr 07, 1:01 PM
    • 8th Apr 07, 1:01 PM
    I have a bubble machine (my dog loves it !) I have kept the original bubble bottle i got for it and just fill it one third 'Morning Fresh' washing up liquid to two thirds water , give it a shake and put it in the machine, seems to work ok !
    • angelatgraceland
    • By angelatgraceland 8th Apr 07, 1:06 PM
    • 3,318 Posts
    • 23,074 Thanks
    angelatgraceland
    • 8th Apr 07, 1:06 PM
    • 8th Apr 07, 1:06 PM
    I wonder if Im doing it wrong then? I put the easy one in full strengh. I shall try diluting and see what happens.
    • Three Dancing Dragons
    • By Three Dancing Dragons 8th Apr 07, 7:17 PM
    • 270 Posts
    • 239 Thanks
    Three Dancing Dragons
    • 8th Apr 07, 7:17 PM
    • 8th Apr 07, 7:17 PM
    In Australia we used to use the big pink cheapo bottles of Avon bubble bath.
    If you think reality makes sense, you're just not paying attention!
  • Jayar
    • 8th Apr 07, 7:20 PM
    • 8th Apr 07, 7:20 PM
    I think you're supposed to put glycerine (sp?) in the mix but I'm not sure how much. Hang on I'll go do a search.
    A friend is someone who overlooks your broken fence and admires the flowers in your garden.
  • Jayar
    • 8th Apr 07, 7:23 PM
    • 8th Apr 07, 7:23 PM
    Here you go

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cbbc/bluepeter/content/articles/makes/2006/05/23/bubble_man_make.shtml

Trust good old Blue Peter
    A friend is someone who overlooks your broken fence and admires the flowers in your garden.
    • taplady
    • By taplady 8th Apr 07, 7:25 PM
    • 7,155 Posts
    • 73,597 Thanks
    taplady
    • 8th Apr 07, 7:25 PM
    • 8th Apr 07, 7:25 PM
    My DS had one a while ago for his disco and he said to use diluted Fairy Liquid but it takes a bit of getting the constistency right so persevere! HTH
    Every penny saved is a penny saved
  • LJM
    excellent thankyou was only talking about getting ours out today
    Is loving life right now,yes I am a soppy fool who believes in the simple things in life
    • angelatgraceland
    • By angelatgraceland 8th Apr 07, 9:04 PM
    • 3,318 Posts
    • 23,074 Thanks
    angelatgraceland
    Ive got a big bottle of bubblebath-gonna try that later! Not ever going to use it in the bath so its no loss.
    • angelatgraceland
    • By angelatgraceland 13th Apr 07, 11:36 PM
    • 3,318 Posts
    • 23,074 Thanks
    angelatgraceland
    I tried the morning fresh today and it worked. i think I need to experiment with the quantities. Used 1 part morning fresh to 3 parts water but it may need a little more diluting. Not tried the bubble bath yet. Thanks all for your replies!This is a great costsaver!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,017Posts Today

8,594Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I'm often asked "if students don't repay who does". Yet its not quite as simple as that, if you're interested its? https://t.co/38g9dOPNgo

• RT @franbishop_: @MartinSLewis I wish you had been about more when I was making the decision to go. I dropped out 2 years down the line. Co?

• No I'm pushing for a realistic understand of the practical cost of going to university. In order to stop our you? https://t.co/wfsogbcJ11

• Follow Martin