Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    Jew
    0 WOW
    Guide: Get a discount from EVERY online purchase - Flubit Review
    • 29th Sep 12, 6:27 PM
    0 WOW
    Guide: Get a discount from EVERY online purchase - Flubit Review 29th Sep 12 at 6:27 PM
    Some serious money saving here:

I've been using a UK company called Flubit for the last few online purchases I've made, and they managed to get me 10-30% discounts from prices I found online and sent to them.

All of the items arrived on time and there are no hidden costs (paid safely with PayPal).

Here's how you do it:

1. Find something you wanna buy on any site, copy the URL link

2. Go to http://www.flubit.com

3. Paste that URL in on their site, and wait

4. In a few hours, they email you with a custom 10-20% discount that you can buy (or not) by following the link to their website

5. Pay with PayPal

I purchased my stuff immediately on all occasions, and the items arrived with the usual UK shipping times: 2-4 days.

How does it work? I think they have affiliate schemes. (I initially signed up for their services last year — it was very different then back then, you would get deals based on how many other people buy it. They took their site down and now relaunched and I was emailed. No more group-buying from what I can tell, but last time the discounts were only 8-12%. Now it's way more.)

All I care is that for any online purchase I've gotten a good discount. I've bought jeans, an iPhone case, ski jacket, books, Apple TV, etc. — got discounts between 10-25%, weird decimals like 23.45%.

Thinking also about getting my TV there. (I've been thinking of starting to do my Christmas shopping now.)

As for negatives, nothing major yet. Haven't contacted customer support, so can't say. But one thing, while the site is very easy to use on my PC (cool design), however, on my iPhone, it takes me to a screen that says they're still making their mobile site:

But it's misleading, because if you scroll down and click the blue link then it takes you to the normal site and that works pretty well:

Don't know if you can buy, but I was able to check my account and order status. It's a bit weird when zooming — maybe it's because I'm on iOS 6:

Has anyone else used it?

I find that the only thing that don't seem to work are eBay listings — but I think it also said 'coming soon' when I tried (don't quote me on that one).
Page 1
  • spicyhotone
    • 1st Oct 12, 8:20 AM
    • 1st Oct 12, 8:20 AM
    I've been using it for the past week, and got great deals on all the items I've entered (7 so far, all in the 10-20% discount range you mentioned).

Customer support (when I needed to change a delivery address) was fast and efficient. Delivery was prompt.

How do they work? I suspect what they're doing is using crowd-sourcing to find the lowest priced site for common items. I like to think I'm pretty good at shopping around and finding the lowest prices on the internet - but they always beat the prices I found by a good margin. Even more surprisingly, when the items arrived I saw they were almost all from the suppliers I had told them about. One item (a fairly expensive tent) even had the invoice included from the supplying company (ie. not flubit), and was for exactly the amount I had specified as the cost when I submitted the request (ie. not the discounted price fluibit quoted me).

From that evidence, I think that flubit are subsidising the discount out of their own pockets (or rather the pockets of those who have invested start-up funds in the company), in order to attract new customers, and get a good database of which sites provide the best prices for a range of items.

I can't believe they can sustain this level of discount for very long - therefore I'd suggest everyone get in quick and make the most of it whilst it lasts!

Cheers

Paul.
  • Jew
    • 24th Nov 12, 1:20 PM
    • 24th Nov 12, 1:20 PM
    As an update, have been buying more stuff from them (Christmas gifts) and all has been very cheap

Saves me time from having to go shopping on the high street...
  • deniskov
    • 12th Feb 13, 4:34 PM
    I was let down by Flubit really badly
    • 12th Feb 13, 4:34 PM
    This was the worst online shopping experience Iíve had in my life time. I bought a camera (almost 1,200 British Pounds) off Flubit in January with their promise to deliver it by 4th of February at the latest. The camera was needed for shooting a project abroad and it was critical for me to get it in time for my trip. When I did not receive the item by the latest deadline, I started chasing them. A lady at Fireworks Merchant Limited was trying her best to chase their supplier Value Basket but the latter kept lying to her and she kept passing that false information onto me. During almost 10 days of daily email exchanges I was told several times that the item had been dispatched, then I would be told that in fact it was a lie and it would be dispatched next day. After eight days of this battle (which was two days before my planned trip) I sent an official claim for refund and compensation and I am now awaiting Flubitís response to that. So, two days before the trip, I have no camera and no money to get a new one. I am awaiting for the refund but I am sure it wonít arrive in time (if it will at all). If I were you I would think twice and pay a little bit more but have a guarantee that you get your item. Flubit again? Not in my life time!
  • Poq
    • 12th Feb 13, 4:53 PM
    • 12th Feb 13, 4:53 PM
    This was the worst online shopping experience Iíve had in my life time. I bought a camera (almost 1,200 British Pounds) off Flubit in January with their promise to deliver it by 4th of February at the latest. The camera was needed for shooting a project abroad and it was critical for me to get it in time for my trip. When I did not receive the item by the latest deadline, I started chasing them. A lady at Fireworks Merchant Limited was trying her best to chase their supplier Value Basket but the latter kept lying to her and she kept passing that false information onto me. During almost 10 days of daily email exchanges I was told several times that the item had been dispatched, then I would be told that in fact it was a lie and it would be dispatched next day. After eight days of this battle (which was two days before my planned trip) I sent an official claim for refund and compensation and I am now awaiting Flubitís response to that. So, two days before the trip, I have no camera and no money to get a new one. I am awaiting for the refund but I am sure it wonít arrive in time (if it will at all). If I were you I would think twice and pay a little bit more but have a guarantee that you get your item. Flubit again? Not in my life time!
    Originally posted by deniskov
    Sounds like a crappy experience. But not really their fault if the seller was a douche and lying?

I bought things for Christmas, and out of the half-dozen, only one arrived a day after Christmas...
  • deniskov
    • 12th Feb 13, 7:28 PM
    Received a refund
    • 12th Feb 13, 7:28 PM
    I just received a refund and they have offered a compensation which was nice of them.

As for their partners letting them down, this should not be of a customer's concern. They choose their suppliers and they have to be responsible for them before clients. no?
  • Poq
    • 25th Feb 13, 1:05 PM
    • 25th Feb 13, 1:05 PM
    I don't know. That's like blaming eBay — especially if they solved the problem for you...?
    • rabjoshu
    • By rabjoshu 26th Mar 13, 5:35 PM
    • 65 Posts
    • 170 Thanks
    rabjoshu
    • 26th Mar 13, 5:35 PM
    • 26th Mar 13, 5:35 PM
    Anyone know how these guys make money?
    • suited-aces
    • By suited-aces 26th Mar 13, 7:03 PM
    • 1,752 Posts
    • 2,285 Thanks
    suited-aces
    • 26th Mar 13, 7:03 PM
    • 26th Mar 13, 7:03 PM
    Interesting concept. I'm not ready to hop in yet but I'll keep an eye on this. Done a bit of research and found this http://www.startups.co.uk/flubit-bertie-stephens.html apparently they work on commission.
    I'm not bad at golf, I just get better value for money when I take more shots!
    • rabjoshu
    • By rabjoshu 26th Mar 13, 7:45 PM
    • 65 Posts
    • 170 Thanks
    rabjoshu
    Cheers for that.
    I've used them a few times at this stage.
    They've come back with on average 18% off the lowest listed price on items I would buy anyway.
    • bunberry
    • By bunberry 2nd Jun 13, 2:51 PM
    • 260 Posts
    • 1,013 Thanks
    bunberry
    I've used them to buy a few items and other than the slower delivery (you to wait for them to place an order with the merchant, which usually takes an extra day at least and afaik they don't work weekends), I'm happy with their service. However, there's quite a big variation in discounts offered - for example my OH was offered a discount of around 10% for an item, whereas I was only offered a 5% discount.

If you reject and re-demand for the same item a few times, you may get a slightly better offer eventually, which has happened to me.

It also seems that the more expensive your request is, the less percentage discount you're offered. Makes sense that they'd want to keep a bigger portion for themselves; it's how they make money after all.
    Last edited by bunberry; 02-06-2013 at 2:53 PM.
  • TentMan
    I'm a retailer and have never heard of Flubit then out of the blue I receive an order from Fireworks Merchants Ltd who I looked in to and seem to be Flubit. I was worried about the order as the payment details were for the above company and all matched etc but the delivery address was under a different name (personal name) and address which is always a worry.
    Now I have not been asked for a discount from Flubit so I'm not sure how they have made any money unless the original customer found the tent for say £194.99 and we are £174.99 and Flubit charged £184.99.... I just don't get it. Also the contract is with Flubit so what happens if something goes wrong, legally Flubit is my customer and the end user is Flubit customer. Anyway I will contact them on Monday and see what's what. Any comments re my side of things would be great, any other retailers who deal with Flubit ? your comments would be good also.
    TentMan - Cross Camping
  • MoneySavingIceberg
    Gonna have to update this review.

Flubit just jumped the shark and sold out to Amazon.
    • ic
    • By ic 7th Aug 13, 12:07 PM
    • 2,612 Posts
    • 1,336 Thanks
    ic
    I tired out Flubit for the purchase of a washing machine. They secured me a 5% lower price - but didn't tell me where it was coming from, when it would be delivered, or whether the warranty matched. I ignored it and went with the best price I'd found anyway - after Quidco it was so close it didn't matter.
    * my posts are made in good faith and only represent my own opinion, experience or understanding of a situation.
  • Sharlord
    Long time user of Flubit but not sure how to take news about selling out to Amazon??

Looks to me like they haven't, but what do I know?

Used it since the change for a few stocking fillers in advance (get me!) and all seems to be cheaper than Amazon still?? Most recent post on their blog said:
    "We haven’t sold out to Amazon.
    Our business model (for the most part) diverts sales to UK Retailers who can now win the business they would have otherwise lost.
    Amazon may not like this. oh well."
  • alansimms
    Fake reviews by flubit??? beware of these uys DO NOT TRUST THE REVIEWS
    made few orders with them been the worst online shopping experience of my whole life, not just worst online simply the worst shopping experience ever , delivery dates were given , they went past those no replies to my questions , they just don't care, take your money and ,they also take their own time,,
    i think the lack of customer service is because they spend their time writing fake reviews,search online on review center and trust pilot , I wrote a review there too a bad one as per my experience and did see one about fake reviews some one had written !!, imagine my surprise today see when i looked at these sites about 20 5 Star reviews have come up on both sites within the last 9hours!! I mean what are the odds of that ,most of them are word for word similar pretty clear some body's been working overtime writing reviews, my guess they want their reviews to be 85%-90% , and drive the negative reviews out of the first 2 pages ,
    in the mean time my orders which was supposed to be delivered by 08/09 latest have not shown up , no any replies to any of my emails both to flubit and their own merchant fireworks, very dodgy bunch especially since they take your money as soon as the order is made and sit on it, is there any way I can report this bunch to TSS??, they took my money once for an £90+ order and waited for 4 weeks after promising to deliver it within 5 days if i paid by 1p.m then they cancelled it claiming "customer asked to canceled " yet could not provide any proof of how i did this, then worst of all they re-offred me the same item for £9 more even though amazon price had gone down, smacks of fraud!! to m

you have been warned!!!!!, i am waiting for flubit answer on this

P.S: i created my account just to write this as people should be warned, i didn't myself though warned believe this until i saw the review activity
    Last edited by alansimms; 09-09-2013 at 9:16 AM. Reason: update
  • hugh88
    My experience with Flubit
    I've now made 3 purchases with Flubit all with a worthwhile saving. No problems at all with all items arriving promptly.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned but Flubit now only accept Amazon URL's to price against. All items were in fact supplied by Amazon.
    • rellarips
    • By rellarips 17th Sep 13, 1:12 PM
    • 722 Posts
    • 1,038 Thanks
    rellarips
    Just come across this thread. I use Flubit and I've never had a problem with them. I always get at least another 10% off any price I submit to them, including sale prices, and I've never been able to find a cheaper price before I've submitted a request to them.

The last thing I ordered was a car seat which was already heavily reduced and they managed to slice a further 15% off which may only have been about £3 but when my car seat arrived it was from the same company I was going to buy from if Flubit couldn't beat their price. Also it arrived 14 hours after ordering from Flubit, which means I got next day delivery, something I wouldn't have paid for!

I've had nothing but extremely positive buying experiences from Flubit and retailers they've negotiated with for me have included Amazon, Mothercare, Debenhams to name a few.
    • Bublin1
    • By Bublin1 19th Sep 13, 9:28 PM
    • 702 Posts
    • 1,682 Thanks
    Bublin1
    I visited the site for the first time today and it says they're only accepting Amazon url's.
    Dave Ramsey Fan[/COLOR]
    • Speculator
    • By Speculator 1st Oct 13, 4:44 PM
    • 1,811 Posts
    • 1,431 Thanks
    Speculator
    Just tried to make my first order and it appears it's payment by debit/credit card only. I used different browsers, allow pop ups, used Ipad, laptop and phone and still no option to pay by paypal.

As soon as I clicked the "buy your offer" button a box appears to select your address then after you click "Continue with purchase" another box appears to "select your credit or debit card". No option anywhere to pay with paypal!

I noticed this morning they had a system update that prevented people paying for their offers until 10am.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

332Posts Today

3,560Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Watching Theresa May... seriously would anyone in their right mind truly want her job right now!

• RT @thecheekypostie: @MartinSLewis Thanks to this, I have just skim read it. To those in Scotland - on page 548, Dounreay is mentioned by n?

• Today's twitter poll: The 585 page draft agreement of the withdrawal of the UK from the EU has been published. A? https://t.co/8YLkPyzqYM

• Follow Martin