Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Butti
    • By Butti 25th Jul 12, 7:49 AM
    • 4,620Posts
    • 12,381Thanks
    Butti
    Butti's Journey: A matter of loaf and death
    • 25th Jul 12, 7:49 AM
    Butti's Journey: A matter of loaf and death 25th Jul 12 at 7:49 AM
    Hello Peeps

Well here we are at my diary or my cry for help as you may like to call it! Shortly, when someone from Aaardman actually get back to me and tells me it's trade marked we may be calling it something else entirely, but in the words of a psychotic lover 'they haven't returned my calls'.

Oh dear this is going well, I'm rambling already.

So where am I in my journey.
    At the moment it feels like hurtling towards a situation in which I am waiting for Kharma to join the dots. I have four days in which to declutter, sort, paint and start repairing a hoose. On the fifth day I shall move about 170 miles away and start a new job on the seventh. As the kharmic quote is from Steve Jobs I am kinda hoping for divine intervention from him in helping join the dots. C'mon Steve.

Anyway having tired of living the high life on benefitsI am getting a job. A real permanant job down south where I am led to believe they still have jobs.

I have decided to start a diary so you can all keep me on the straight and narrow (you may prefer to call it shouting at me!) I did wonder whether to start in about a month because;
    1. I'll have been paid
    2. I'll have spent MORE MONEY on having a fitted wardrobe put in that actually works with doors that actually slide, paint, more paint and a new sink. Why do I need a new sink? Because my lovely 1970's brown version has a leak and the tap is integral to the sink. Then we let the house (we being me and the friend of a friend who is my agent who in setting deadlines has just made the job real and the timescale real and the amount of work real!)
    3. I shall be living on a narrowboat close to a pub with free wi-fi so in order to;
    a. See any Olympics
    b. Communicate with any of you lot
    I shall have to spend some time in the pub. See how I suffer for your entertainment!

But we're starting now so I'm just warning you. My debt will go UP in the short term but it has to or I will not let the house when it will start to go down.

So there we are. I'm sure a budget (or several) will pass in the next few days. I'll have to give you lot something to do .
    First job for today - some paint for the garage door! More money

Butti
    Debt LBM (08/09) £11,641. (08/12) £22,734. (2/15 )£7790
    Diary 'Butti's journey : A matter of loaf or death'.
    Diary 2 'The whimsical tale of the Waterbed of Debt'

'one day I will be rich and famous…for now I'll just have to settle for being poor and incredibly sexy'. Vimrod Member of MIKE'S MOB
Page 145
    • ZTD
    • By ZTD 4th Apr 18, 9:37 PM
    • 23,730 Posts
    • 42,865 Thanks
    ZTD
    So some people with personality disorders or narcissism are exactly aware of how they provoke other people. They feel momentarily better when they have made you feel worse or provoked a reaction from you. Some it seems are not, they just provoke you but not intentionally.
    Originally posted by Butti
    Ah right - the difference between worky tickets and dicks.

It's about just being okay with yourself, not looking for answers in other people.
    Or introverts as we like to call ourselves...
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "We were born and raised in a summer haze." Adele 'Someone like you.'
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
    • Butti
    • By Butti 14th Apr 18, 3:21 PM
    • 4,620 Posts
    • 12,381 Thanks
    Butti
    Get that application in Butti
    People & less milege both sound damm good to me.
    Go girl.

First aid for the head sounds good.......
    As does the NSD challange.
    I am no 4!!
    Originally posted by beanielou

I've done 3 Beanie. Will do the budget today (probably in the pub ) and plan out when I think I can achieve more.

Had my ex-boss round last week for lunch. This is the one that told me to apply for my current post a few years ago, well actually said "I will be VERY disappointed if you don't apply"

'No......not the D word' I thought! I'm a sucker for the D word! She was very encouraging this time too.

I also spoke to one of my ex-colleagues who still works with my other ex-boss from the company. These are the two who left in December. She was also encouraging.

So TODAY I have submitted my application. and am now going to work out my budget for the month (in the pub )

In other money saving / not so money saving news aka. payback for being a good person and doing the right thing.
    My friend I went on a fear of flying course with last month is going out to Italy to see her daughter. To save her daughter coming here in order to fly out with her I am going out there with her.
    Long weekend in Lake Como - with no flights or accommodation to pay for

Was slightly worried about going out there with her as she is a bit stressy but now another friend is also coming out

Wonder if i can pop in for a cup of tea with George & Amal

'one day I will be rich and famous…for now I'll just have to settle for being poor and incredibly sexy'. Vimrod Member of MIKE'S MOB
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 14th Apr 18, 9:03 PM
    • 54,018 Posts
    • 214,038 Thanks
    beanielou
    All sounding good butti
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 11 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger.
    • Butti
    • By Butti 14th Apr 18, 11:22 PM
    • 4,620 Posts
    • 12,381 Thanks
    Butti
    All sounding good butti
    Originally posted by beanielou
    There's an envelope on the doormat from my dad which has had me feeling sick and hyperventilating today.......and I haven't even opened it. I can just recognise the handwriting!

I have identified this an an Emotional Flashback. We shall open it tomorrow in the company of friends. This is not the usual way to live is it?

• Knit Witch
    • By Knit Witch 15th Apr 18, 2:25 PM
    • 3,429 Posts
    • 31,295 Thanks
    Knit Witch
    There's an envelope on the doormat from my dad which has had me feeling sick and hyperventilating today.......and I haven't even opened it. I can just recognise the handwriting!

I have identified this an an Emotional Flashback. We shall open it tomorrow in the company of friends. This is not the usual way to live is it?
    Just sending hugs Butti
    V3ry - £389.60
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 15th Apr 18, 7:17 PM
    • 54,018 Posts
    • 214,038 Thanks
    beanielou

No it is not
    Sorry, I have no idea what to say

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Keep plodding***
    • Butti
    • By Butti 19th Apr 18, 7:35 PM
    • 4,620 Posts
    • 12,381 Thanks
    Butti
    Very very annoyed today.....infact positively angry.
    The good news is I currently have a job.
    I also have a CV which needs tweaking.
    I am also doing therapy which means I can recognise I am very angry.

I wonder if my employer understands that there are pull factors encouraging you to apply for other jobs and push factors that encourage you to leave. Giving me all my work from 5 years ago despite me being in a new role is a VERY BIG push factor. Maybe they'll notice when I am no longer there!

p.s.The Guardian jobs section appear to have noticed already!
    Last edited by Butti; 19-04-2018 at 7:38 PM.

• beanielou
    • By beanielou 19th Apr 18, 8:17 PM
    • 54,018 Posts
    • 214,038 Thanks
    beanielou
    So why did they give you all your work from five years ago?

***Keep plodding***
    • Butti
    • By Butti 19th Apr 18, 10:38 PM
    • 4,620 Posts
    • 12,381 Thanks
    Butti
    I was dealing with all the houses 5 years ago. Now I am working on 4 sites and the schemes covering the original houses need winding up so it is an excellent idea to give that to me on top of my sites. They really seem to have developed selective deafness.

• beanielou
    • By beanielou 19th Apr 18, 10:44 PM
    • 54,018 Posts
    • 214,038 Thanks
    beanielou
    You could not make it up.

***Keep plodding***
    • Butti
    • By Butti 21st Apr 18, 1:07 PM
    • 4,620 Posts
    • 12,381 Thanks
    Butti
    On more positive news I am under £65k on the mortgage. Should be into the 50's by the end of the year.

Have a test to do for the job I applied for. Going to have to do it on the works PC as I don't seem to have the right browsers on the Chromebook!

• beanielou
    • By beanielou 21st Apr 18, 8:07 PM
    • 54,018 Posts
    • 214,038 Thanks
    beanielou
    Good news on under 65k on mortgage.

***Keep plodding***
    • Butti
    • By Butti 25th Apr 18, 7:41 PM
    • 4,620 Posts
    • 12,381 Thanks
    Butti
    Interview today. Went okay I think. Managed to ask a question about whether the person appointed would be starting at the bottom of the salary range which they understood and said something about flexibility. We shall see what happens. Seemed like a nice team and a nice location with people working in an office - how novel!

• beanielou
    • By beanielou 25th Apr 18, 9:23 PM
    • 54,018 Posts
    • 214,038 Thanks
    beanielou
    Glad all went well me dear

***Keep plodding***
    • Butti
    • By Butti 3rd May 18, 9:29 PM
    • 4,620 Posts
    • 12,381 Thanks
    Butti
    I have started a new whimsical tale of a waterbed........It's a metaphor just incase you thought I could write that much about a waterbed!

• beanielou
    • By beanielou 3rd May 18, 9:54 PM
    • 54,018 Posts
    • 214,038 Thanks
    beanielou
    I have started a new whimsical tale of a waterbed........It's a metaphor just incase you thought I could write that much about a waterbed!
    A new diary?

***Keep plodding***
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,556Posts Today

8,707Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin