Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Tony
    • By MSE Tony 29th Jun 12, 4:51 PM
    • 71Posts
    • 20Thanks
    MSE Tony
    HolidaySafe Travel Insurance - Your Feedback
    • 29th Jun 12, 4:51 PM
    HolidaySafe Travel Insurance - Your Feedback 29th Jun 12 at 4:51 PM
    Hi,

Thanks for visiting.

We have recently added the HolidaySafe Premier travel policy to our New Travel Insurance guide.

As this insurer is a new option - offering good cover levels - your feedback is important to us.

Please let us know what you think.

Have you used or contacted them, made a claim, is it is missing anything or just general feedback on the insurer.

Hit 'Reply' to discuss or ask a question.

Thanks.

MSE Tony

If you spot a rate change that we haven't already mentioned or added into articles or tips, Please send me a PM about it

Get Martin's Free Money Saving Tips E-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips
    Last edited by MSE Tony; 04-07-2012 at 12:16 PM.
Page 16
    • san8888
    • By san8888 2nd Nov 18, 8:13 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    san8888
    This is the review I posted on Trustpilot this summer:
    I took out travel insurance through Holidaysafe last autumn. The process was quick and straightforward and the premium reasonable. However, as referred to in several reviews, the measure of this product is not the simplicity of purchase but the ease and effectiveness should you be unlucky enough to need to make a claim.
    While on holiday in the US our hire car was broken into and my suitcase and my partner’s bag of technology items stolen.
    Making a claim was not through Holidaysafe - it was through an organisation called TCF (Travel Claims Facilities). You had to fill in a long form. You also had to produce various documents including ones showing the dates and cost of your trip and a written police report (both of which we had) and original receipts for all items claimed.
    How many people keep receipts for clothing? Exactly. I emailed to explain that I did not have any receipts for my clothing and shoes and that the (thankfully few) items of decent jewellery I lost were either gifts or inherited, so I didn’t have receipts for those either and asked TCF to advise. Their response was “Please note that we cannot give definitive responses until we have received the claims forms and the relevant documents back to us. We evaluate each claim on its individual merits.” Not helpful.
    The excess was spread across several categories, £60 for clothes, £60 for shoes, £60 for the suitcase, £60 for toiletries, £60 for sunglasses. Meaning that the total excess for a normal mixed bag was several hundreds of pounds. Yes, I will read the details of cover more carefully when taking out a new policy.
    Finally, the form stated that any payout would be reduced according to the age of the item claimed. So not new for old. Not sure how that is supposed to work - you’re meant to buy replacement items from a charity shop?
    Anyway, all this bureaucracy and hassle, when added to the stress and upset of having lost my possessions, plus the massive excess, was enough to put me off making a claim. Perhaps that was the idea?
    Contrast my experience to that of my partner, whose insurers (NFU) paid out in full within a couple of weeks of him sending them an email listing the items lost and the replacement value.
    All in all very disappointing. If I could give zero stars I would. I won’t be using Holidaysafe again.
  • Holidaysafe Representative
    Hi san8888,

As per my original reply on Trust Pilot;

Thank you for your review, my name is Amber and I am part of the Holidaysafe team. I am so sorry to hear your possessions were stolen, and that you were subsequently dissatisfied with the outcome of your claim. It is very difficult for me to comment on cases on a public forum such as this, but our policy wordings do make our T&Cs very clear in terms of excess, claims procedures and necessary evidence. If you would like to make an official complaint, please visit https://www.holidaysafe.co.uk/complaints/ and complete the short form. Once again I am very sorry for any and all inconvenience caused. Kind regards, Amber

Did you make an official complaint? If not I would be happy to raise one on your behalf? Simply email responses@tifgroup.co.uk or complete the form on the page above.

Kind regards,

Amber
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Holidaysafe. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • Shak1234
    • By Shak1234 6th Nov 18, 2:43 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Shak1234
    Just a quick post from me to say a big thank you to Amber, who was a massive help in escalating and resolving the issues I was having with my claim.

I stumbled across this thread after the company failed to respond, but Amber had things moving within just a few hours.

I have now received confirmation of settlement (the figures were correct) and await payment.
    • Roybilltom
    • By Roybilltom 10th Nov 18, 8:08 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Roybilltom
    Response to Shak1234
    Good luck with the claim Shak1234 - but I suspect that you've not received any payment yet !
    This "Brand Manager for Holidaysafe" (Amber) has been responding to never ending criticisms on this forum since Oct 26th 2012. Their response to claims can only be described as appalling and I'm baffled why MSE are still giving this outfit such prominent publicity. I've now switched to COVERWISE.CO.UK (underwritten by part of the AXA Assistance group of companies) for travel insurance. Their prices are very similar and hopefully their claims dept. will perform in a prompt professional manner and not make their unfortunate customers jump through hoops !
  • Holidaysafe Representative
    Hi Roybilltom,

Thank you for your post, my name is Amber and I am the Manager for Holidaysafe Travel Insurance.

I am so sorry to hear you were dissatisfied with the service you received from our appointed claims team. I appreciate you have now switched providers, but I would still like to investigate your feedback as a matter of urgency.

To allow me to do this, can you please send your details to responses@tifgroup.co.uk? If you haven't already, I can also raise an official complaint on your behalf?

Once again I am very sorry for any and all inconvenience caused.

Kind regards,

Amber
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Holidaysafe. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

146Posts Today

1,538Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I've just heard about the 8 month pregnant woman shot through the stomach by a crossbow. Its both evil and medie? https://t.co/hQTOxWiXhj

• Major new guide... Brexit, what it means for you and your finances: M mortgages, savings, flights, consumer rights? https://t.co/SXCMG2qXwX

• Have you haggled on the high street in the last year? If so who with and did you succeed? Please vote in this week? https://t.co/fdzmmFfA4u

• Follow Martin