Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 1
    • pmduk
    • By pmduk 20th Jun 12, 4:32 AM
    • 10,126 Posts
    • 7,751 Thanks
    pmduk
    • 20th Jun 12, 4:32 AM
    • 20th Jun 12, 4:32 AM
    Yes, they told me that they hoped to have a fix by 5am, that's obviously not been met. Just a case of waiting patiently now.
  • RADAR-30
    • 20th Jun 12, 4:35 AM
    • 20th Jun 12, 4:35 AM
    patience wears thin very quickly with Natwest, it seems to be a regular problem that they have with their computer systems. Only trouble with all the waiting is they can't seem to tell me if there are any transactions pending on my account.

Thanks for the reply though
    • pmduk
    • By pmduk 20th Jun 12, 4:48 AM
    • 10,126 Posts
    • 7,751 Thanks
    pmduk
    • 20th Jun 12, 4:48 AM
    • 20th Jun 12, 4:48 AM
    Fortunately it's the first time it's ever happened to me with Natwest. It was pretty regular with abbey (pre-santander days)
  • RADAR-30
    • 20th Jun 12, 4:51 AM
    • 20th Jun 12, 4:51 AM
    I hope they resolve it soon, as this could have a knock on effect with direct debits that are due to be paid today.
    • pmduk
    • By pmduk 20th Jun 12, 4:54 AM
    • 10,126 Posts
    • 7,751 Thanks
    pmduk
    • 20th Jun 12, 4:54 AM
    • 20th Jun 12, 4:54 AM
    They're now saying 7am. All transactions are involved so I wouldn't worry too much about debits.
  • RADAR-30
    • 20th Jun 12, 5:41 AM
    • 20th Jun 12, 5:41 AM
    Even worse I have just been told that it could be 9am before payments clear
    • mogchops
    • By mogchops 20th Jun 12, 6:22 AM
    • 1,528 Posts
    • 8,068 Thanks
    mogchops
    • 20th Jun 12, 6:22 AM
    • 20th Jun 12, 6:22 AM
    I am supposed to be paid today...... so is this why my wages are not in there yet......AAAAGGGGHHHHHH
    • pmduk
    • By pmduk 20th Jun 12, 6:38 AM
    • 10,126 Posts
    • 7,751 Thanks
    pmduk
    • 20th Jun 12, 6:38 AM
    • 20th Jun 12, 6:38 AM
    My transactions have now appeared.
  • RADAR-30
    They have appeared on mine too. It's been a long wait
    • mogchops
    • By mogchops 20th Jun 12, 6:46 AM
    • 1,528 Posts
    • 8,068 Thanks
    mogchops
    me too thank goodness!
    • zxspeccy
    • By zxspeccy 20th Jun 12, 9:06 AM
    • 117 Posts
    • 84 Thanks
    zxspeccy
    Online is still not completely working as I can't view any transactions, just balances. I need to cancel a Direct Debit that has been claimed this morning but am unable to as it doesn't appear on the DD list as it is a first claim.

The Bank have the same issues as they can't cancel and indemnify the claim until their computers are working fully either.

No real update on when it should be working.
  • RICK...
    I've just logged into mine and I'm -149 when yesterday I was 200 in credit?!

I use this account for all my direct debits and I'm not expecting any to go out until next week.

I'll wait a bit and see if it sorts itself out.. as it seems like they're having some issues
    This thread has me so pumped, I headbutted my dog and we both screamed.
    • zxspeccy
    • By zxspeccy 20th Jun 12, 10:24 AM
    • 117 Posts
    • 84 Thanks
    zxspeccy
    Update on NatWest website at 10:45am stating there are still "intermittent issues" with their service. But again not timescales of when they will be resolving the problem.
  • furball74
    I set up a whole load of payments from NatWest yesterday, all of which left the account promptly.

None of them have arrived. Two hours ago they told me it would be sorted within an hour. Ha! It's not like it's anything important such as people's wages (it is people's wages)

Surely the least you can expect from a bank is that they are able to get money from one place to another?

Helpful Banking indeed NatWest.

Looks like I'll be moving bank.
    • stclair
    • By stclair 20th Jun 12, 11:47 AM
    • 6,519 Posts
    • 3,459 Thanks
    stclair
    I set up a whole load of payments from NatWest yesterday, all of which left the account promptly.

None of them have arrived. Two hours ago they told me it would be sorted within an hour. Ha! It's not like it's anything important such as people's wages (it is people's wages)

Surely the least you can expect from a bank is that they are able to get money from one place to another?

Helpful Banking indeed NatWest.

Looks like I'll be moving bank.
    Originally posted by furball74
    Accounts can be closed by putting it writing verbal account closures are not accepted im sorry to say.
    Im an ex employee RBS Group
    However Any Opinion Given On MSE Is Strictly My Own
    • mogchops
    • By mogchops 21st Jun 12, 6:13 AM
    • 1,528 Posts
    • 8,068 Thanks
    mogchops
    looks like they have problems again this morning - nothing updated yet....
    • Cell
    • By Cell 21st Jun 12, 6:18 AM
    • 524 Posts
    • 200 Thanks
    Cell
    I can view my balances, but can't make any online payments.

I paid a cheque in via machine on Monday after 3.30pm and it still hasn't appeared.

Additionally I know of two debit card transactions that have not appeared (though they're deducted from the 'available balance'). They are payments to Barclaycard.

Thankfully Barclaycard processed them yesterday.
  • mnm88
    When i spoke to them this morning they said contact them for further information in 2-3 hours!

You would of thought they would of made sure the issue was resolved after yesterday.

And of course the advisors are as helpful as ever!!!!
  • xDiamondDollyx
    Someone posted on another thread it should be sorted at 8am. I hope so! :/
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,833Posts Today

7,485Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a great Easter, or a chag sameach to those like me attending Passover seder tomorrow. I?m taking all of next? https://t.co/qrAFTIpqWl

• RT @rowlyc1980: A whopping 18 days off work for only 9 days leave! I?ll have a bit of that please......thanks @MartinSLewis for your crafty?

• RT @dinokyp: That feeling when you realise that you have 18 days of work and only used 9 days of your annual leave! Thanks @MartinSLewis h?

• Follow Martin