Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Kazza242
    • By Kazza242 14th Mar 07, 9:18 PM
    • 1,907Posts
    • 2,530Thanks
    Kazza242
    New Cash ISAs (NISAs): The Best Currently Available List
    • 14th Mar 07, 9:18 PM
    New Cash ISAs (NISAs): The Best Currently Available List 14th Mar 07 at 9:18 PM
    New Cash ISAs (NISAs): The Best Currently Available List

**Please note: The list of ISAs I have compiled below is continually updated. New ISAs are added as they launch and withdrawn ISAs will be removed from the list. Updates to the list are made during the evening.**

The current Cash ISA limit is 20,000 for the 2019/20 tax year.

**As with any financial product, before opening a NISA do ensure that you have read and understood the terms and conditions.**

All rates are subject to change without notice. Please check all rates and terms before investing.

If you can think of an NISA I have missed please do send me a PM.
    Last edited by Kazza242; Yesterday at 2:01 PM. Reason: List updated...
Page 229
    • jimbow25
    • By jimbow25 7th Apr 19, 11:35 AM
    • 328 Posts
    • 122 Thanks
    jimbow25
    Coventry Building Society's ISAs were replaced by a new batch at the start of the month I think - maturing November 2021, November 2022 and May 2024. A bit frustrating as I was going to go for May 2021 - the replacement would tie me in for 6 more months and also has 180 days penalty not 120 as before. I opened the instant access ISA recently so was looking forward to making the transfer via a simple phone call. I will hold fire for now.
    • Ken68
    • By Ken68 7th Apr 19, 12:26 PM
    • 6,486 Posts
    • 4,138 Thanks
    Ken68
    Same here Jim, have the Notts 8 to put somewhere, was going to be the 5yr Coventry...now down to 2.15% from 2.3%. Rethink due.
    • Rich2808
    • By Rich2808 8th Apr 19, 6:48 PM
    • 763 Posts
    • 609 Thanks
    Rich2808
    This years Nottingham BS regular saver ISA details is now on their website, it is listed on all saving accounts page, but not on cash ISAs page.

https://www.thenottingham.com/savings/products/starter-isa-issue-9/

Seems same terms as last year but rate now only 2%.
    Originally posted by bubieyehyeh
    The lower rate makes it a less attractive offer this year given the monthly investment restrictions (2400 month 1 and 1600 thereafter) - particularly as to close or transfer it means you lose 180 days interest. Several instant access isas are paying up to 1.5% and Shawbrook has a one year fixed rate for only 1.77% but with only a 90 day interest penalty on withdrawals - and you can invest 20k with them on day one.

And of course you have to factor in the trip to a branch and train/bus fares or petrol/parking!
    • Emily Joy
    • By Emily Joy 9th Apr 19, 6:31 AM
    • 296 Posts
    • 126 Thanks
    Emily Joy
    The lower rate makes it a less attractive offer this year given the monthly investment restrictions.

You can invest 20k with them on day one.

And of course you have to factor in the trip to a branch and train/bus fares or petrol/parking!
    Originally posted by Rich2808
    In order to invest 20K on day one, one needs to have 20K on day one at first place. As many people fund ISA from maturing regular savers, investing on day one isn't an option.
    • Middle Sister
    • By Middle Sister 16th Apr 19, 12:54 PM
    • 467 Posts
    • 83 Thanks
    Middle Sister
    The Santander 1.5% eISA has been reduced today to 1%
    • badger09
    • By badger09 17th Apr 19, 9:49 AM
    • 6,827 Posts
    • 6,412 Thanks
    badger09
    The Santander 1.5% eISA has been reduced today to 1%
    Originally posted by Middle Sister
    '123 World/Select' eISA reduced to 1% for new applicants
    • Lord_e55ex
    • By Lord_e55ex 17th Apr 19, 1:56 PM
    • 29 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Lord_e55ex
    looks like the 'Shawbrook Bank Fixed Rate Cash ISA Bond (issue 30)' option has gone too....
    • colsten
    • By colsten 18th Apr 19, 6:38 AM
    • 10,173 Posts
    • 9,337 Thanks
    colsten
    In order to invest 20K on day one, one needs to have 20K on day one at first place. As many people fund ISA from maturing regular savers, investing on day one isn't an option.
    Originally posted by Emily Joy
    If you want to go for a fixed rate account (ISA or other type), you will only have a limited time window for your deposits.

Many people do have 20K, e.g. in existing ISAs, so these fixed term ISAs are an attractive option for anyone who can keep 20K+ locked away for the fixed term period. They are also an attractive option for people who can lock away smaller amounts for the fixed term period. They are not an option for those who want to add money throughout the year.

Also worth noting that cash ISAs and other savings account are not generally considered to be investments. They are just savings. Investments are things like S&S ISAs, SIPPs, and other equity portfolios.
    • ThriftyFelicity
    • By ThriftyFelicity 21st Apr 19, 5:23 PM
    • 769 Posts
    • 2,231 Thanks
    ThriftyFelicity
    Principality RS ISA
    Principality BS has a Regular Saver ISA @ 1.85%.

Minimum 20 to open.
    Can open and manage online.
    Maximum monthly payment of 1666.66.
    You can make multiple deposits a month up to the maximum monthly limit.
    From 28 Feb 2020, you can top up the balance to the maximum 20k.
    Last edited by ThriftyFelicity; 23-04-2019 at 10:02 PM.
    R.I.P. Bart. The best cat there ever was.
    • Emily Joy
    • By Emily Joy 21st Apr 19, 5:33 PM
    • 296 Posts
    • 126 Thanks
    Emily Joy
    If you want to go for a fixed rate account (ISA or other type), you will only have a limited time window for your deposits..
    Originally posted by colsten
    Not necessary. Recently Coventry BS offered a flexible cash ISA with 1.5% guaranteed for a year. Lloyds bank also used to offer fixed rate flexible cash ISA. I understand these are not common, but they do exist.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,341Posts Today

7,031Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a great Easter, or a chag sameach to those like me attending Passover seder tomorrow. I?m taking all of next? https://t.co/qrAFTIpqWl

• RT @rowlyc1980: A whopping 18 days off work for only 9 days leave! I?ll have a bit of that please......thanks @MartinSLewis for your crafty?

• RT @dinokyp: That feeling when you realise that you have 18 days of work and only used 9 days of your annual leave! Thanks @MartinSLewis h?

• Follow Martin