Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Kazza242
    • By Kazza242 14th Mar 07, 10:18 PM
    • 1,901Posts
    • 2,480Thanks
    Kazza242
    New Cash ISAs (NISAs): The Best Currently Available List
    • 14th Mar 07, 10:18 PM
    New Cash ISAs (NISAs): The Best Currently Available List 14th Mar 07 at 10:18 PM
    New Cash ISAs (NISAs): The Best Currently Available List

**Please note: The list of ISAs I have compiled below is continually updated. New ISAs are added as they launch and withdrawn ISAs will be removed from the list. Updates to the list are made during the evening.**

The current New Cash ISA (NISA) limit is 20,000 for the 2018/19 tax year.

**As with any financial product, before opening a NISA do ensure that you have read and understood the terms and conditions.**

All rates are subject to change without notice. Please check all rates and terms before investing.

If you can think of an NISA I have missed please do send me a PM.
    Last edited by Kazza242; 30-08-2018 at 10:25 PM. Reason: List updated...
Page 206
    • owitemisermusa
    • By owitemisermusa 15th Nov 15, 11:59 AM
    • 934 Posts
    • 279 Thanks
    owitemisermusa
    I wouldn't bother with a cash ISA at all if it weren't for the extra 120. This works out to be a great return on 25 per month or a lump sum of 300. You'd best move fast if you haven't already set up Save Together - you have less than a month before it closes to new customers.
    Originally posted by masonic
    Cheers.
    Just decided to squirrel some money away in an isa and thought the extra 120 seemed like a good deal. Wanted to be sure I had covered all the angles.
    Tough times never last longer than tough people.
    • Kazza242
    • By Kazza242 6th Dec 15, 12:51 PM
    • 1,901 Posts
    • 2,480 Thanks
    Kazza242
    Help to Buy ISAs added to first post...
    Help to Buy ISAs have now been added to the first post of this thread.
    Please call me 'Kazza'.
    • NormanRobinson22
    • By NormanRobinson22 10th Dec 15, 10:52 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    NormanRobinson22
    Nationwide Flexclusive
    I checked online today and believe the Flexclusive 9 what offered 1.6% is NOW the Flexclusive 10 offering 1.5%, unless I missed something.
    Last edited by NormanRobinson22; 10-12-2015 at 10:53 AM. Reason: typo ... i typed NOT instead of NOW
    • Castle
    • By Castle 11th Dec 15, 1:59 PM
    • 2,081 Posts
    • 2,805 Thanks
    Castle
    I checked online today and believe the Flexclusive 9 what offered 1.6% is NOW the Flexclusive 10 offering 1.5%, unless I missed something.
    Originally posted by NormanRobinson22
    According to this link the "9" is still ongoing at 1.6% but closed to new applicants. I guess the "10" is the latest ISA.
    http://www.nationwide.co.uk/support/product-support/savings-and-isas
    • MARTYM8`
    • By MARTYM8` 11th Dec 15, 4:48 PM
    • 1,197 Posts
    • 854 Thanks
    MARTYM8`
    According to this link the "9" is still ongoing at 1.6% but closed to new applicants. I guess the "10" is the latest ISA.
    http://www.nationwide.co.uk/support/product-support/savings-and-isas
    Originally posted by Castle
    I have an issue 9 and am still getting 1.6%.

So yes - 9 is closed to new applicants but still paying 1.6% for existing account holders who can add to their funds.
    • Heinz
    • By Heinz 5th Jan 16, 9:26 AM
    • 11,038 Posts
    • 4,449 Thanks
    Heinz
    I wonder whether someone could offer some advice to me on the following:

I have too much money in a cash ISA (it exceeds the new 75k protection figure) so need to move some of it elsewhere.

I normally go for 2 year fixed rate cash ISAs and see that, at the moment, about 2% can be made (that's the same as I'm already getting on the whole amount).

I therefore intend to move 20k or 30k to a new cash ISA but I believe I remember that providers sometimes offer 'come on' rates near to the financial year end - so is it best to wait for one of those?
    Last edited by Heinz; 05-01-2016 at 1:41 PM.
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
    • Consumerist
    • By Consumerist 5th Jan 16, 1:35 PM
    • 4,978 Posts
    • 2,473 Thanks
    Consumerist
    It used to be the case that there was an "ISA season" around the end of the financial year but in recent years it's been something of a damp squib. Banks simply don't really want our money when the treasury is lending at give-away rates.

Have a word with your current ISA manager to see what their policy is regarding transfers before maturity for this year.
    Warning: In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
    • Heinz
    • By Heinz 5th Jan 16, 4:16 PM
    • 11,038 Posts
    • 4,449 Thanks
    Heinz
    It transpires that to withdraw funds before maturity will require me to lose 120 days' interest by closing the account and transferring the money to a new ISA (so as not to lose the tax-free status).

120 days' interest will be about 1,000 - so I won 't be doing that - I will just have to take a chance that Santander doesn't go but in the next 16 months!
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
    • colsten
    • By colsten 5th Jan 16, 4:58 PM
    • 9,433 Posts
    • 8,389 Thanks
    colsten

120 days' interest will be about 1,000 - so I won 't be doing that - I will just have to take a chance that Santander doesn't go but in the next 16 months!
    Originally posted by Heinz
    They must let you reduce your holdings by 10K without any penalty. All deposit providers have been told so by the PRA several months ago.
    • Ian W
    • By Ian W 9th Jan 16, 11:39 AM
    • 3,716 Posts
    • 2,074 Thanks
    Ian W
    Kazza,
    FYI the Virgin 2 yr fixed (and branch based one mentioned) is now reduced from 2% to 1.65% according to the links on page 1.

Seems to be the current theme as my notice ISA with Yorkshire Bank has reduced down to 1.75%.
    Last edited by Ian W; 09-01-2016 at 10:03 PM. Reason: typo
    • ScoobyZ
    • By ScoobyZ 9th Jan 16, 12:44 PM
    • 378 Posts
    • 125 Thanks
    ScoobyZ
    It looks like the banks don't believe rates will go up soon!
    • colsten
    • By colsten 9th Jan 16, 3:44 PM
    • 9,433 Posts
    • 8,389 Thanks
    colsten
    They would not be alone. I have for months held the opinion that we won't see UK rates go up before sometime in 2017 at the earliest, and many people I speak to have similar views. None of us knows.....
    • Rich2808
    • By Rich2808 16th Jan 16, 3:00 PM
    • 652 Posts
    • 496 Thanks
    Rich2808
    Nationwide seem have reduced their rates again on their cash isa range after having only reduced them on 1 December - bar their help to buy isa. For new applicants the flexclusive isa rate has dropped to 1.3% (from 1.5% - it was 1.6% until 1 December), instant access saver is now only 1.1% and their one year fixed rate is only 1.2%

http://www.nationwide.co.uk/products/isas/isas#tab:CashISArange

Clearly they don't expect an interest rate rise any time soon.
    • Consumerist
    • By Consumerist 16th Jan 16, 4:22 PM
    • 4,978 Posts
    • 2,473 Thanks
    Consumerist
    It's certainly looking as though this year's ISA "season" is going to be another damp squib.

With the introduction of the 1,000/500 tax-exemption on savings interest from 6 April, it's looking as though ISAs are going to be attractive only for the well off.
    Warning: In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
    • masonic
    • By masonic 16th Jan 16, 7:43 PM
    • 10,277 Posts
    • 7,629 Thanks
    masonic
    It's certainly looking as though this year's ISA "season" is going to be another damp squib.

With the introduction of the 1,000/500 tax-exemption on savings interest from 6 April, it's looking as though ISAs are going to be attractive only for the well off.
    Originally posted by Consumerist
    Personally, I'm looking forward to the innovative finance ISA to shelter some of my P2P investments. With rates of 9-13%, it doesn't take a huge amount to use up the savings allowance.
    • jimjames
    • By jimjames 16th Jan 16, 10:39 PM
    • 12,860 Posts
    • 11,616 Thanks
    jimjames

S&S ISAs are still great option for almost everyone. Cash ISAs like you say for wealthy people or lazy people but how much cash do you really need? Beyond a certain amount it would seem more sensible to balance it with investments anyway.

When the average savings in the UK are 2000 or under and this amount gets 5% outside an ISA it does rather make them pointless for the majority of people.
    Last edited by jimjames; 16-01-2016 at 10:41 PM.
    Remember the saying: if it looks too good to be true it almost certainly is.
    • Geoff_W
    • By Geoff_W 27th Jan 16, 2:18 PM
    • 163 Posts
    • 42 Thanks
    Geoff_W
    Just received notification of my maturing Post Office 2yr Fixed Rate ISA. This had been earning 2.25% but the rates are now:
    1 Year Term - 1.40%
    2 Year Term - 1.55%
    3 Year Term - 1.75%
    I note that these rates are substantially lower than those stated on the first page of this thread, so can I believe any of the figures there? [Edit] Many of the rates shown have been superseded by lower ones.

Either way, 45,000+ is going to be earning a pittance. I might as well splurge it on something frivolous!
    Last edited by Geoff_W; 27-01-2016 at 2:56 PM. Reason: Additional comment
    • boobbby
    • By boobbby 27th Jan 16, 5:15 PM
    • 769 Posts
    • 215 Thanks
    boobbby
    Virgin has raised it easy access ISA to 1.51% and allows transfers (only 3 withdrawals per year to get this rate)
    • veryintrigued
    • By veryintrigued 4th Feb 16, 5:03 PM
    • 2,599 Posts
    • 2,161 Thanks
    veryintrigued
    Fingers crossed that a couple of institutions are looking at some decent rates for Regular Saver ISAs for those of us in the 'multiple C/A full' position and also concerned some of those C/As we have got may be pulled during the 2016/17 year.

The Saffron one I had has served me great at 3.5% and was pretty flexible.

Certainly not for everyone but I hope Saffron and Notts B.S. are considering them again.
    • badger09
    • By badger09 5th Feb 16, 5:59 PM
    • 6,436 Posts
    • 5,863 Thanks
    badger09
    Leeds 2 Year Fixed Rate now 1.7% issue 75. (Issue 74 was 1.85%)
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

575Posts Today

4,201Users online

Martin's Twitter