Barclaycard ppi claim unsucsessfull please help

Options

Comments

• i8Barclaycard
    Options
    Hi, I know it was a few years ago now, but what happened with your claim? Barclaycard are messing me around at the moment, sent an illegible version of my 1990 application form, and told the FOS that they do not have a generic version from 1990! Funny how they had one to send you, isn't it:rotfl: ? They must have binned it since.
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,818 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi, I know it was a few years ago now, but what happened with your claim? Barclaycard are messing me around at the moment, sent an illegible version of my 1990 application form, and told the FOS that they do not have a generic version from 1990! Funny how they had one to send you, isn't it:rotfl: ? They must have binned it since.

You've already been answered on your other thread

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5852545

Banks are allowed to send replica copies of application forms if the original ones don't exist but they don't have to keep copies forever - this thread was started 6 years ago

Moreover, why are you even posting this? Your form indicates PPI is opt-out, not opt-in. Just send the complaint and assuming there are no time bar issues, you should win the complaint as opt-out is a no-no
  • meer53
    meer53 Posts: 10,217 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

The OP isn't going to see your post. It's 2 years since they were on the forum.
  • ian_mck
    ian_mck Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    it doesn't matter how it was sold. if you had ppi on a barclaycard visa or mastercard and the sale date was before Jan 1st 1995 then it is an automatic uphold.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    ian_mck wrote: »
    it doesn't matter how it was sold. if you had ppi on a barclaycard visa or mastercard and the sale date was before Jan 1st 1995 then it is an automatic uphold.
    This information is not correct.
  • CATON
    CATON Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options
    No i'm afraid you are wrong. I work for barclays as a claims handler. If ppi was sold before January 1st 1995 regardless of sales channel on either a visa or mastercard, it is indeed an automatic uphold. It is 1 of our cohorts.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,371 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I just checked the FOS decisions and within the last 12 months there have been multiple rejected complaints on Barclaycard where the PPi was bought before 1995
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • CATON
    Options
    I can't speak for the FOS but i can assure you a pre 1995 ppi sale for Barclays visa or MasterCard is an automatic uphold.

Why a claim was rejected in the 1st place which lead a customer to go to the FOS i can only assume an error was made in the decision process.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,371 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I can't speak for the FOS but i can assure you a pre 1995 ppi sale for Barclays visa or MasterCard is an automatic uphold.

For them to get to the FOS, Barclaycard must have rejected the complaint.
    Why a claim was rejected in the 1st place which lead a customer to go to the FOS i can only assume an error was made in the decision process.

There isnt just one. So, that is a lot of errors.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • CATON
    Options
    Regardless of how many claims have gone to the FOS in error, btw you haven't given a number. The fact remains that if ppi was sold on either Barclays Visa or MasterCard pre 1995 regardless of sales channel and if decision making process is followed correctly then the claim should be an automatic uphold.

If anyone recieves a Defend Final Response Letter from barclays that gives a ppi sales date before jan 1st 1995 then a mistake has been made.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure