Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    ruskyb1001
    Barclaycard ppi claim unsucsessfull please help
    • 6th Jun 12, 8:19 PM
    Barclaycard ppi claim unsucsessfull please help 6th Jun 12 at 8:19 PM
    Hi
    I made a claim for my Barclaycard PPI insurance via the usual letter etc and i have been declined my claim and i would like to take this further but need some advice.

Basically i am trying to make a claim that goes back to when i first took out my Barclaycard in about 1993 on which i have had PPI
    i have got barclaycard statements going back to 1994 so there is no question that it is there, But the letter that i have had back from barclaycard says that.
    " We have identified that my application was submitted by post. At the point of applying for PPI, as no advice was given the process required the customer to select the specific type of cover they required"

Well this was in the days before the web and email etc and all these types of things were done by post.

I was under the impression that these claims etc are able to be paid out if incorrect advice was given out or no advice was given out based on other PPi being available etc etc,

so if i was not given any advice at all then surely i still have a cliam for this, i was only 21 at the time and this was the first time i had ever done anything like that and i would not have known what PPI was back then anyway.

I was probably keen on just getting the credit card,
    I reckon i am owed thousand,s on this and i dont want to let this go,
    I did phone the FOS and i spoke to a guy that really did not like me asking these questions and didnt really want to answer any questions, he was very candid.
    I have got the balls to take this further but i really need to know if anyone thinks i have a chance at getting this claim.
    Can anyone give us some advice?????
Page 2
    • CATON
    • By CATON 8th Jul 18, 5:15 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    CATON
    Regardless of how many claims have gone to the FOS in error, btw you haven't given a number. The fact remains that if ppi was sold on either Barclays Visa or MasterCard pre 1995 regardless of sales channel and if decision making process is followed correctly then the claim should be an automatic uphold.

If anyone recieves a Defend Final Response Letter from barclays that gives a ppi sales date before jan 1st 1995 then a mistake has been made.
    • Nasqueron
    • By Nasqueron 8th Jul 18, 7:11 PM
    • 5,501 Posts
    • 3,392 Thanks
    Nasqueron
    Regardless of how many claims have gone to the FOS in error, btw you haven't given a number. The fact remains that if ppi was sold on either Barclays Visa or MasterCard pre 1995 regardless of sales channel and if decision making process is followed correctly then the claim should be an automatic uphold.

If anyone recieves a Defend Final Response Letter from barclays that gives a ppi sales date before jan 1st 1995 then a mistake has been made.
    Originally posted by CATON

Care to post some evidence of this such as a (identifying details redacted) copy of advice given you say you work there?
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 9th Jul 18, 1:03 AM
    • 20,998 Posts
    • 11,769 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    i can only assume an error was made in the decision process.
    Originally posted by CATON
    Thank you for your contribution to the thread CATON.

Pity your posts are not accurate.

This thread originates from 2012
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,787Posts Today

8,722Users online

Martin's Twitter