Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • frankietwospots
    • By frankietwospots 31st May 12, 8:27 PM
    • 440Posts
    • 792Thanks
    frankietwospots
    Egg loan PPI reclaim - what address do I use please?
    • 31st May 12, 8:27 PM
    Egg loan PPI reclaim - what address do I use please? 31st May 12 at 8:27 PM
    Hi everyone,

After months of watching those awful PPI reclaim adverts on telly, it's just dawned on me tonight that I was mis-sold PPI on an Egg loan back in 2003. Fortunately I laid my hands on the agreement straight away and have filled in the questionnaire. However, I'm not sure where to send the questionnaire. Does anyone know please?

Thanks in advance.
Page 1
  • Trixie102
    • 31st May 12, 9:14 PM
    • 31st May 12, 9:14 PM
    The Egg Derby address. Send it to the customer service team ( address on their web- site).
  • gusm41
    • 1st Jun 12, 10:31 AM
    • 1st Jun 12, 10:31 AM
    Phone them they did my claim over the phone.
    • Firemunchkin
    • By Firemunchkin 11th Jun 12, 12:49 PM
    • 276 Posts
    • 485 Thanks
    Firemunchkin
    • 11th Jun 12, 12:49 PM
    • 11th Jun 12, 12:49 PM
    @ gusm41 - which number did you phone please? I cannot find an Egg Loan number on their contact page. I also have an Egg Loan I am sending in for PPI reclaim (pre-existing medical condition, not discussed at time of taking out PPI over telephone) and it would make life a lot easier if I could do it over the phone!

It would be great if you could tell us a little more about how you did it and what the result was?

Thanks!

• emmareid12
    • 25th Jun 12, 7:25 PM
    • 25th Jun 12, 7:25 PM
    The number on my ppi confirmation letter from Egg was 08007834393 and an email address cro.support@egg.com. I did try phoning them before but found it impossible to speak to a human being.
  • skingers
    • 23rd Oct 12, 11:05 AM
    Egg Bank PPI Contact details
    • 23rd Oct 12, 11:05 AM
    Egg Bank Contact details:

Canada Square Operations
    PO Box 4903
    Worthing
    BN99 3AR

Go to-citibank.co.uk/personals/cards/cards/feedback/egg.htm

Took me a long time to find this info
    Last edited by skingers; 23-10-2012 at 11:06 AM. Reason: Missing last three digits of postcode
  • Wizprang
    • 23rd Oct 12, 12:00 PM
    • 23rd Oct 12, 12:00 PM
    I just got my cheque form EGG for 5000 and the address on the paperwork is different to that shown on the claim paperwork. Customer Relations Office, Canada Square Operations, PO Box 4903, Worthing, BR99 3AR. This is my second cheque this week after less than 6 weeks since I first started claimimg by my self. The first cheque was from MBNBA. Good luck to all who are claiming. I did it as just a fishing exercise when I found some old account numbers. Roy
    • newbie2013
    • By newbie2013 16th Dec 14, 3:36 PM
    • 66 Posts
    • 19 Thanks
    newbie2013
    • 16th Dec 14, 3:36 PM
    • 16th Dec 14, 3:36 PM
    Hi, new to this so have a few questions if I may...

1. How do they determine how much you can reclaim? Is it the full amount of the PPI cost + interest?

2. How far back does it go? Went in the loft over the weekend and found an egg statement from 2000 - does it go that far back?
    Experian etc only go as far as 6 years so would not have got my loan details on them

3. If I paid off the credit card (with PPI) could I claim?

4. If I had PPI from 2000-2002 and then 2003-2005, but had to claim in 2005, could I claim for the period covering 2000-2002, which was not appropriate PPI for me (I had no job so the PPI to cover loss of employment was a condition of the loan)

5. Does anyone know if this also covers PPI when taking out hire agreements for cars and other purchases, sofas, electrical goods etc (as they are underwritten by the same banks - lloyds, black horse and GE money)

Thanks!
    Last edited by newbie2013; 16-12-2014 at 3:37 PM. Reason: make it more readable
    • Nasqueron
    • By Nasqueron 17th Dec 14, 9:45 AM
    • 7,603 Posts
    • 4,840 Thanks
    Nasqueron
    • 17th Dec 14, 9:45 AM
    • 17th Dec 14, 9:45 AM
    Hi, new to this so have a few questions if I may...

1. How do they determine how much you can reclaim? Is it the full amount of the PPI cost + interest?

You will only ever get back what you paid + applicable interest

2. How far back does it go? Went in the loft over the weekend and found an egg statement from 2000 - does it go that far back?
    Experian etc only go as far as 6 years so would not have got my loan details on them

If they agree you were miss-sold and you can prove payments, they will go back as far as you can prove

3. If I paid off the credit card (with PPI) could I claim?

You can make a complaint about PPI miss-sale even if it was paid off - though do note that with CC PPI it was only ever charged if you had a balance so if you paid off in full each month you wouldn't have paid any PPI

4. If I had PPI from 2000-2002 and then 2003-2005, but had to claim in 2005, could I claim for the period covering 2000-2002, which was not appropriate PPI for me (I had no job so the PPI to cover loss of employment was a condition of the loan)

You can still complain though you should be careful about what you are saying in the complaint as you obliviously cannot claim you didn't know about it or that it wasn't suitable as you claimed on it! Note also if the refund of PPI premiums is less than the amount you claimed they won't give you anything

5. Does anyone know if this also covers PPI when taking out hire agreements for cars and other purchases, sofas, electrical goods etc (as they are underwritten by the same banks - lloyds, black horse and GE money)

You should clarify these as they might be extended warranties - but if there was PPI you can try - though do note pre-2005 any non-banks (it's the seller, not the underwriter that is the issue) can dismiss the claim as pre-regulation

Thanks!
    Originally posted by newbie2013
    Hope that helps
    • McKneff
    • By McKneff 17th Dec 14, 10:05 AM
    • 36,652 Posts
    • 47,265 Thanks
    McKneff
    You aren't claming or reclaiming.

You are making a complaint about miss selling and providing evidence to back up your complaint.
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
    • maz1411
    • By maz1411 17th May 16, 9:01 AM
    • 96 Posts
    • 98 Thanks
    maz1411
    hi - what address do i use to relaim the PPI for EGG cards & loans - just wanted to check it is still the same as the address above
    thanks
    • ukcommando
    • By ukcommando 14th Jul 16, 1:40 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ukcommando
    Still valid
    FYI Canada Square Operations are still the right folk to contact re Egg. Just about to send in my Egg PPI query now...
    • robbie1056
    • By robbie1056 5th Feb 17, 1:04 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    robbie1056
    hi all
    i am in the process of writing to canada square operations,all i have is my egg card number and a rough date on cc,
    can anyone advise what to write in a letter to them about ppi,i have filled in fos questionaire form
    any help would be great
    • zx81
    • By zx81 5th Feb 17, 1:33 PM
    • 23,830 Posts
    • 26,497 Thanks
    zx81
    You write down the reasons you think you were mis sold.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

56Posts Today

2,075Users online

Martin's Twitter