Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • meanmum
    • By meanmum 28th Apr 12, 4:53 PM
    • 597Posts
    • 765Thanks
    meanmum
    Boots dental offers
    • 28th Apr 12, 4:53 PM
    Boots dental offers 28th Apr 12 at 4:53 PM
    The machine is giving out a voucher for 250 points when you buy 3 dental items. The cheapest way I could see to do this was 3 of their value toothpaste at 59p each, also on 3 for 2 - so 2.50 worth of points (+ 3 tubes of toothpaste) for 1.18.
    I'm sure other clever people will work out other ways to use this to their advantage........
Page 1
    • eklynne
    • By eklynne 28th Apr 12, 4:58 PM
    • 2,357 Posts
    • 4,538 Thanks
    eklynne
    • 28th Apr 12, 4:58 PM
    • 28th Apr 12, 4:58 PM
    They have a mouthwash at 49p which is also on 3 for 2.
    Come ride with me, through the veins of history...
    I'll show you how God falls asleep on the job.
    ~Matthew Bellamy.
  • tylers mum
    • 2nd May 12, 2:58 AM
    Aquafresh at Boots
    • 2nd May 12, 2:58 AM
    Aquafresh & minty toothpaste 100ml is on offer for 52p also acm is giving out 10% off 2 x dental items (or other people have posted on here they have recieved 200 extra points on dental purchase voucher) .I bought 3 thinking they were also on the 3 for 2 offer but in the small print on sel it does say 3 for 2 excludes smile and aquafresh products but sill got 3 toothpastes for 3x 52p =1.56 -10% (and it took 10% off full price on all 3 tubes with just 1 voucher)-33p =1.23 41p each gonna buy some more tomoro for start of my second purse shop
  • juniorsmum
    • 7th May 12, 5:14 PM
    boots - get 250 points buying 3 aquafresh costing 1.56 and more offers
    • 7th May 12, 5:14 PM
    Visited the advantage machine, got coupons for 250 extra points when buying 3 dental products. So , I got 3 aquafresh toothpastes which are currently half price, costing 1.56 in total, so 94p in profit. Machine let me print 3 lots of vouchers so points galore.

Also had vouchers for 25% off shampoo or conditioner, so got elvive which is half price, till takes off 25% off full price so, basically paid about 1 for a 400ml bottle of elvive. Again got 3 lots of vouchers.

Also, ditto for 25% off shower gel, so got the boots shower gel which was half price so ended up paying 30ish pence for a full size shower gel.

25% off vouchers for deodarant or body spray - again 3 lots of vouchers printed. dove and Nivea on offer at the moment

Vouchers for 2 off a mascara or lipstick - again 3 lots of vouchers printed. My daughters got the Collection 2000 mascara at 4.99 with a free eyeliner, so not bad - the due for 2.99. (the 2.00 was not deducted automatically, but cashier manually adjusted the price)
  • Shopaholicmumof3
    • 8th May 12, 2:24 PM
    • 8th May 12, 2:24 PM
    Hi,
    Thanks ops I went in today and bought 3 lots of boots cheapo mouthwash and 3 lots of half price aquafresh (they only had the 1.54 pumps though) still a bargain though as with the 500 points I got for buying that little lot I'm actually in profit also used 25% off in both transactions!!

I tried buying some elvive with my 25% off shampoo voucher aswell but it wouldn't go through the till the lady said it was because it was already half price and those vouchers don't work on half price items I just smiled and said okay I'll leave it then!! Is there a particular "flavour" of elvive that you bought? I know it definately wasn't her being a jobsworth as the till made a funny bleeping sound as she tried to put it through.
    • glitter03
    • By glitter03 8th May 12, 2:45 PM
    • 846 Posts
    • 1,168 Thanks
    glitter03
    • 8th May 12, 2:45 PM
    • 8th May 12, 2:45 PM

I tried buying some elvive with my 25% off shampoo voucher aswell but it wouldn't go through the till the lady said it was because it was already half price and those vouchers don't work on half price items I just smiled and said okay I'll leave it then!! Is there a particular "flavour" of elvive that you bought? I know it definately wasn't her being a jobsworth as the till made a funny bleeping sound as she tried to put it through.
    Originally posted by Shopaholicmumof3
    Hi, i bought the red one which is for colour treated hair. I got one last week and one this morning.

Was you trying them all in same transaction?
    • cazarol
    • By cazarol 8th May 12, 7:59 PM
    • 774 Posts
    • 1,643 Thanks
    cazarol
    • 8th May 12, 7:59 PM
    • 8th May 12, 7:59 PM
    Hi, i bought the red one which is for colour treated hair. I got one last week and one this morning.

Was you trying them all in same transaction?
    Originally posted by glitter03
    I've just realised that the reason why mine didnt work at lunchtime was because I had picked up the conditioner !! DERRRR
  • Shopaholicmumof3
    • 8th May 12, 10:48 PM
    • 8th May 12, 10:48 PM
    I've just realised that the reason why mine didnt work at lunchtime was because I had picked up the conditioner !! DERRRR
    Originally posted by cazarol
    I think the voucher is for 25% off shampoo or conditioner?

I tried it seperately but it wasn't the red one, it was the pink bottle I was trying to buy I will have another go tomorrow thanks.
    • surfsister
    • By surfsister 9th May 12, 3:21 PM
    • 7,444 Posts
    • 10,800 Thanks
    surfsister
    • 9th May 12, 3:21 PM
    • 9th May 12, 3:21 PM
    thanks all I now have a bagfull of 52p Aquafresh toothpaste and used the points to get 3 for 2 fish oil vits which we use and 16p paracetamol and cheap tissues so happy bunny. Love the tips!

Alkso my store (IPswich) selling off several deodorants for 70p sprays and roll and I used the 25% coupon and wsa charged 50p or 52p so quite cheap for Boots!
    • cazarol
    • By cazarol 9th May 12, 7:34 PM
    • 774 Posts
    • 1,643 Thanks
    cazarol
    I think the voucher is for 25% off shampoo or conditioner?

I tried it seperately but it wasn't the red one, it was the pink bottle I was trying to buy I will have another go tomorrow thanks.
    Originally posted by Shopaholicmumof3
    You are right, it is the shampoo or conditioner, tried it again today and it took the 25% off !!
    • cazarol
    • By cazarol 9th May 12, 7:37 PM
    • 774 Posts
    • 1,643 Thanks
    cazarol
    Alkso my store (IPswich) selling off several deodorants for 70p sprays and roll and I used the 25% coupon and wsa charged 50p or 52p so quite cheap for Boots!
    Originally posted by surfsister
    In my store there was some shower gel and dedorants reduced to 99p but the 25% coupon didnt work on either of these I've just started working in a town centre so am loving this Boots game in my lunch hour !!!
    • loranius
    • By loranius 10th May 12, 4:11 PM
    • 1,085 Posts
    • 3,300 Thanks
    loranius
    In my store there was some shower gel and dedorants reduced to 99p but the 25% coupon didnt work on either of these I've just started working in a town centre so am loving this Boots game in my lunch hour !!!
    Originally posted by cazarol
    Were you trying to pay for this using your Boots Advantage Points? This won't work as you have to pay using cash/card.
    • FilmNerd1989
    • By FilmNerd1989 11th May 12, 4:46 PM
    • 246 Posts
    • 421 Thanks
    FilmNerd1989
    Boots Advantage Card Machine Dental Product Glitch :)
    I did a quick search for this, but couldn't find this exact thing.

At the moment, Boots have a lot of toiletries on half price offer, with Aquafresh toothpaste ( the normal, non-whitening one ) at 52p a tube. This is quite good in itself for a bargain, but I went to check what offers I had on my Advantage card, and there was an offer for 250 points when you but 3 dental products. I managed to get three by pressing the button very quickly, and the nice lady on the till let me use them all in separate transactions. So I actually got nine tubes of toothpaste and got paid 2.92 to take them away. Hope this helps someone
    • oddies
    • By oddies 14th May 12, 6:18 PM
    • 9,895 Posts
    • 169,437 Thanks
    oddies
    huge thank you meanmum i got 2 x mild mint aquafresh 52p each and brought my grandaughter a girls barbie battery operated toothbrush ( get grandson spiderman one tomorrow ) plus if you go onto aquafresh site it'self and sign up they send you a 50p voucher.. i got one ( shame you can't print more than one but try signing up using differant email addys might be worth ago ) and used that plus i had a double points voucher. also got hubby botonics shaving gel 86p or 89p each brought 2 to try. came to 5.06 plus i got points i think there paying me. got elvive last week but seems i brought the wrong one as well not the red one.. will go in tomorrow happy days
    2016 Jan Wins: 9ct white Gold Diamond Necklace 530.00, Doro Easy phone. April: Hotel Chocolat Easter Egg. May: 1,000 spend @ laredoute. June: Alton towers family Ticket & In the Night Garden Toy.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,003Posts Today

8,569Users online

Martin's Twitter