Please HELP MSE test new cheap contact lens tool

Hi folks,

Our new contact lens tool searches a raft of cheap online retailers and finds your lenses for less.

We're still working on the editorial but it would be fantastic if you could spend 10 minutes using the tool and let us know what you think.

Did it work well for you?
Did you spot any errors or glitches. If so please let us know the lens type you were searching for or include the link in your post.

Here's the link:

Click reply to post your feedback. Thanks all! Much appreciated.

Comments

• LouLou
    LouLou Posts: 2,135
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Couldn't get the pricechecker to work properly about half an hour ago, but it now works for the few I've tried. Maybe add these too (budget dailies option): http://www.contactlenses.co.uk/details787_167.html
  • In_A_Pickle
    In_A_Pickle Posts: 459 Forumite
    this has come about at a great time for me :) I have just used it without any problems.

Can you also mention checking cashback sites for even better savings?

oh and I didn't know about reclaiming the costs so I am off to look at that in more detail.
  • could maybe do with a mention of the generic daily alternatives, daysoft etc
  • AbbieCadabra
    AbbieCadabra Posts: 1,706
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    seems to be working ok, i'd chosen the price column for 6 months supply & one of the links actually took me to the page for 3 months supply (no wonder they were half the price of the others!).

this should be the link
  • gwapenut
    gwapenut Posts: 1,341
    Forumite
    Have you thought about including Yates & Suddell? Found them to be very competitive (cheapest for my Acuvue daily lenses). Have only used them twice, two different people, but each time very fast service, and good speedy liaison when things went slightly wrong (D&A being awkward about confirming prescription details).

Also, I believe they're a real shop and real optician!
  • Thanks for all the feedback guys, we'll check it out.
  • I normally order Proclear 1 Day daily lenses from Getlenses.co.uk - and I tend to only order 30 pairs at a time because I can go weeks without wearing them.

Unfortunately the checker wouldn't bring up any results for these lenses on a 1 month/30 day supply. The minimum it found was for a 3 month supply.

Thanks for developing another great tool though MSE! When it's polished it will be brilliant :T
    Living with Lupus is like juggling with butterflies
  • Wow, you saved me money again and yes I did check
    Blackpool_Saver is female, and does not live in Blackpool

• fresian_cow
    fresian_cow Posts: 280 Forumite
    Just used this and thought it was great to show the prices of lenses. It's difficult for me to compare though as my plan is £15 a month for the lenses, solution and all contact lens check appointments. So although the lenses themselves may appear a lot cheaper at around £7 a month, when I add in the cost of solution and lens checks I probably wouldn't save anything. Maybe adding a price comparison or a table to show solution prices would be good, and general lens check prices. Just a thought.
  • LouLou
    LouLou Posts: 2,135
    Forumite
    could maybe do with a mention of the generic daily alternatives, daysoft etc
    Daysoft was there in three varieties when I first looked, then I couldn't get it to appear again..

Can't see Daysoft on "Any>Dailies" at the moment. Crystal is the one I'm trying at the moment (was a long-time Daysoft customer..still to try the Silk version).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure