Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Noop
    • By Noop 10th Apr 12, 3:04 PM
    • 22Posts
    • 6Thanks
    Noop
    UKPC/Debt Recovery Plus Ltd saga
    • 10th Apr 12, 3:04 PM
    UKPC/Debt Recovery Plus Ltd saga 10th Apr 12 at 3:04 PM
    Hello

Just want to run this past some people to check i'm on the right lines and this is wrong!

I received a ticket in Feb from UKPC - parked in a free car park, just forgot to get the free ticket... doh!
    I appealed 1 or 2 days later via the online appeal form, I admitted liability (sorry), but stated the ticket wasn't proportionate to the loss caused to the retail park, as I had brought items and could provide a receipt. The loss was non existant regardless due to a half empty car park, and my ticket would've been free anyway!

Go forward a month, I receive an upgraded charge from UKPC. Cue my return email advising they never replied and were therefore in breach of BPA COP's.

Couple of weeks later UKPC's final reminder, cue a further email to UKPC asking why they're still bothering me when they hadn't even replied to my original appeal. I then contacted the BPA to advise of the breach and passed all relevant contact from myself. I haven't heard back from BPA to add.

I also tried to phone UKPC twice, but for whatever reason despite their customer service hours saying i was calling at the right time, the lady on the phone told me i'd need to speak to another department who weren't working.

Today I received a letter from Debt Recovery Plus Ltd advising me I have a week left to pay. I called them and told them I wouldn't be paying as no one had done me the courtesy of replying to my appeal in the first place. They then tell me that they did reply twice by email, and as i didn't respond I had to pay the £150.

I know people will say i've done the wrong thing by admitting liability - I appreciate that, but I can't get myself in a pickle with courts etc due to the job i do.

My concern is that i never received these responses - the lady at Debt Recovery Plus said they probably went to my junk email box, which i did check for several weeks, but didn't see anything from them. Now I have their reponse dates they lady told me of, it's all been deleted by the machine, so I can't now look to see if they're telling me porkies or not. I told them to check read receipts and they'd see that i didn't open them. I'm also a little bit baffled why if they're sending these responses to me, and they're getting emails from me saying "YOU HAVEN'T REPLIED!!" did they just send another response in the format that i'm not getting!! Just send a letter!!

Basically my hands have been tied by UKPC - it's a fact i didn't receive their appeal replies, they knew they sent them, i didn't, therefore i've been in the dark the whole time, and now am expected just to fork out £150 for the crossed wires? I've recontacted BPA to get their stance, i've also advised DRP that i won't be paying until i seek further advice.

Advice please!!
Page 2
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 28th Dec 13, 6:15 PM
    • 58,533 Posts
    • 72,030 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Hello

Just wondering, did they ever catch up with you? Like taken you to court? Whag was the outcome?
    Ive had letters from them, from smart parking then they passed it on to debt recovery plus.
    Thanks
    Originally posted by flangyyy

Are you joking? Catch up with you?! Court?! LOL!!

Why didn't you appeal and win like everyone does at POPLA this year? Maybe it's because you haven't actually read the current forum if you landed on this random thread from over a year ago and actually thought Smart Parking do Court?! How about just reading current threads on the same forum, one click away?

See my signature below, not the bit in red. Tells you where to click to read current threads. Also you will then see a 'search this forum' heading next to 'forum tools' above those threads on page one. Maybe put in 'Smart' or 'Recovery' as a search term, and read all the zillions of other threads about debt collector letters.

And do read 'Newbies read this first' at the top of page one...covers debt collector letters, appeals, all of it that you have missed so far. One click away all the time, much quicker to have read fifty current threads than to have registered and posted on this ancient old irrelevant thread.
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 28-12-2013 at 6:18 PM.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• speedo76
    I had a letter a couple of weeks ago and I've gone with what the majority of people on another forum have said and ignored the first 2 letters,I've now had one from a company called Debt Recovery Plus Ltd basically saying if I don't pay what is owed by a certain date they will recommend me to the creditors solicitor and that court action should be taken to recover what I owe. Since then I've had a 2nd letter off Debt Recovery Plus Ltd saying if i don't pay by next week they will get the creditors solicitor to take me to court where I will pay the money outstanding plus court costs,solicitors fees and interest of 8% per annum. Has anyone else had these letters from euro car parks or Debt Recovery Plus Ltd?

Thanks...
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 6th Feb 14, 11:15 PM
    • 58,533 Posts
    • 72,030 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Yes, everyone you will find when you search this forum for the keyword 'Recovery'. Discussed every day - you don't even need to search, just start at page one instead of staying on this ANCIENT thread:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163

'Ignore' hasn't been the advice for a year unless in NI or Scotland! You wasted your time Googling and reading 2012 advice. By the way if you had read my post immediately above yours you'd have searched the forum by now as I did explain how! '' put in 'Recovery' as a search term, and read all the zillions of other threads about debt collector letters. ''

So...that's obviously still the case.
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 06-02-2014 at 11:19 PM.
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!

• Joshuahalls
    What do you think of this letter?
    Hi there,
    Can you tell me more about your experience with DRP please. I've had a letter off them saying that my case will be passed to the creditors solicitor to commence court proceeding if I do not pay by today.
    Getting a bit nervous but some people say not to reply and others say that laws have changed now and that you can't get away with that.
    Thoughts?
  • neil.net
    Hi there,
    Can you tell me more about your experience with DRP please. I've had a letter off them saying that my case will be passed to the creditors solicitor to commence court proceeding if I do not pay by today.
    Getting a bit nervous but some people say not to reply and others say that laws have changed now and that you can't get away with that.
    Thoughts?
    Originally posted by Joshuahalls
    This is a very old thread, read the NEWBIES thread and if you still have queries start your own thread.
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 23rd Apr 15, 9:52 AM
    • 36,811 Posts
    • 83,297 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    Hi there,
    Thoughts?
    Originally posted by Joshuahalls
    This is a very old thread, read the NEWBIES thread and if you still have queries start your own thread.
    Originally posted by neil.net

As above, don't read old out of date information. Read the Sticky thread for NEWBIES at the top of the page. This will answer all of your questions.
    Then start your own thread if you need anything clarified.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • paul denton
    • By paul denton 6th Dec 16, 6:00 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    paul denton
    Drp cowboys
    How are companies like this allowed to operate.
    They dont seem to follow any rules.
    You try ringing them the only line they pick up is option one ,the payment line.
    My disabled daughter was given a threatening letter to pay a fine it quite clearly is not hers , her vehicle is a white 15 plate Astra the vehicle in question is a Black Bmw 54 plate she was told just pay up.They are just faceless bullies,why have they not been investigated its outrageous.

PAUL DENTON
    • fisherjim
    • By fisherjim 6th Dec 16, 6:04 PM
    • 3,014 Posts
    • 4,591 Thanks
    fisherjim
    You try ringing them the only line they pick up is option one ,the payment line.
    My disabled daughter was given a threatening letter to pay a fine it quite clearly is not hers , her vehicle is a white 15 plate Astra the vehicle in question is a Black Bmw 54 plate she was told just pay up.They are just faceless bullies,why have they not been investigated its outrageous.

PAUL DENTON
    Originally posted by paul denton
    Best to start your own thread for advice, but never ever phone a useless scumbag debt recovery company that have no powers anyway.
    You are perfectly correct about one thing they are bullies.
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 6th Dec 16, 6:05 PM
    • 7,556 Posts
    • 10,060 Thanks
    beamerguy

PAUL DENTON
    Originally posted by paul denton
    Bullies, cretins, plebs, pond life are just a few words we can use.

BUT, why on earth did you let this happen ?
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 6th Dec 16, 6:06 PM
    • 8,706 Posts
    • 9,307 Thanks
    pappa golf
    yes Paul , the stupid attendent or the defective ANPR equipment got the number wrong

I take it you have EMAILED them and asked for photos

PS:

happy thread resurrection!
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 18th Jul 17, 2:45 PM
    • 35,912 Posts
    • 20,184 Thanks
    Quentin
    You would need to start your own thread to get any advice.

But no need to ask about debt collectors letters.Ignore them.

Read up in the newbies FAQ thread near the top of the forum before starting a new thread
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 18th Jul 17, 2:51 PM
    • 8,706 Posts
    • 9,307 Thanks
    pappa golf
    I have had a parking charge notice and a formal demand from UK Car Park Management and now a demand for payment from Debt Recovery Plus. Is the general consensus to just ignore the letters? I understand that there are a lot of scams about but just need someone to explain to me what i should do for some peace of mind

Thank You
    Originally posted by ds14
    happy thread resurection ! this thread dates back to 2012 , start a new thread AFTER reading http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4816822
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 18th Jul 17, 2:56 PM
    • 8,639 Posts
    • 8,982 Thanks
    pogofish
    I have had a parking charge notice and a formal demand from UK Car Park Management and now a demand for payment from Debt Recovery Plus. Is the general consensus to just ignore the letters? I understand that there are a lot of scams about but just need someone to explain to me what i should do for some peace of mind

Thank You
    Originally posted by ds14
    You clearly agreed not to hijack old dead threads. So why did you?

Take the advice above and start your own thread for current help!
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 18th Jul 17, 10:55 PM
    • 58,533 Posts
    • 72,030 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    THE ADVICE CHANGED IN 2013 - DO NOT IGNORE A FAKE PCN!!!!!!!! THEY CAN BE APPEALED AND WON IN ENGLAND/WALES EVERY TIME:

Current forum:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163

STOP READING THIS ANCIENT STUFF!
    Originally posted by Coupon-mad
    How did the poster miss that I edited post #3 in 2014 giving a link to the current forum - OMG. Who would carry on reading 2012 stuff?

• Mrs_Chalks_2007
    • By Mrs_Chalks_2007 6th Mar 18, 11:10 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Mrs_Chalks_2007
    Letter received debt recovery plus...
    Hi all,
    Iíve recieved a letter this morning from DRP saying UKCPS Ltd are saying I havenít paid a parking charge from the 23/12/17 for parking in a disabled bay without a valid badge displayed the Parking charge is now £160.
    One, what letters from UKCPS?
    Secondly, whereís the photo proof of my dashboard not displaying this ticket?
    Thirdly, is it too expensive for these scammers to send letters for signed delivery?
    Do I keep ignoring letters? Are they scammers?
    Thanks Mrs_Chalks_2007 x
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 6th Mar 18, 11:53 AM
    • 2,765 Posts
    • 3,438 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    1) dont hijack someone elsess thread. Its rude and confusing, and against the rules you JUST agreed to!
    2) Noone cares about DRP. Dont respond to them.
    3) come back if you get a letter befre court OR court papers. See the NEWBIES thread, stuck at the top of page 1 of this forum, for info.
    • Mrs_Chalks_2007
    • By Mrs_Chalks_2007 6th Mar 18, 12:03 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Mrs_Chalks_2007
    Hijack???
    1) dont hijack someone elsess thread. Its rude and confusing, and against the rules you JUST agreed to!

I do apologise! Iím new to this and thought Iíd started a new thread!!! I do apologise if Iíd added to yours!!! No need to be so rude! Iím new to this forum!!

2) Noone cares about DRP. Dont respond to them.

Thank you for this advice!!!

3) come back if you get a letter befre court OR court papers. See the NEWBIES thread, stuck at the top of page 1 of this forum, for info.

Will do! Thanks for the advice!!!!!!!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

162Posts Today

1,702Users online

Martin's Twitter