Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 1
  • Paulaaarrrr
    • 11th Apr 12, 12:03 PM
    Cheap Loratadine in Tesco
    • 11th Apr 12, 12:03 PM
    Having bought Loratadine in Tesco last night I can confirm that in my local store (Winchester) it is now cheaper to buy 2 packs of 7 than one of 14 - currently 1 for packs of 14 but 45p for 7, making it now only 90p for 14 if bought this way. Only pennies different but adds up if you have to take it for several months
    • Stompa
    • By Stompa 13th Apr 12, 9:47 AM
    • 7,851 Posts
    • 3,870 Thanks
    Stompa
    • 13th Apr 12, 9:47 AM
    • 13th Apr 12, 9:47 AM
    Cetirizine Hydrochloride are 69p for 14 in Aldi.
    Stompa
  • Jfshopper
    • 23rd Apr 12, 9:19 PM
    • 23rd Apr 12, 9:19 PM
    30 cetirizine tablets deliver on amazon fro 1.51

amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B001PMNW66/ref=sr_1_1_olp?ie=UTF8&qid=1335211768&sr=8-1&condition=new
  • Kimes
    • 11th May 12, 9:28 AM
    Kimes
    • 11th May 12, 9:28 AM
    Cetrazine tablets. 30 days Supply Cetirizine 10mg Antihistamine tablets 14p

Clearchemist
    • browneyedbazzi
    • By browneyedbazzi 11th May 12, 9:37 AM
    • 3,231 Posts
    • 5,575 Thanks
    browneyedbazzi
    • 11th May 12, 9:37 AM
    • 11th May 12, 9:37 AM
    My GP recommended cetirizine hydrochloride and said not to waste money buying the branded ones. I've found the cheapest place for them at the moment to be Morrisons own brand - packs of 14 one a day tablets for 50p each which is an absolute bargain!
    • FrugalFriend
    • By FrugalFriend 20th May 12, 5:40 PM
    • 216 Posts
    • 263 Thanks
    FrugalFriend
    • 20th May 12, 5:40 PM
    • 20th May 12, 5:40 PM
    Anyone know the cheapest place to buy Sudafed (or Pseudoephedrine Hydrochloride BP 60mg) tablets thanks?

The best price I've found is 2.35 for 12 at Chemist Direct but there's a delivery charge: http://www.chemistdirect.co.uk/sudafed-decongestant-tablets_1_2432.html
    • SailorSam
    • By SailorSam 20th May 12, 5:47 PM
    • 21,172 Posts
    • 36,772 Thanks
    SailorSam
    • 20th May 12, 5:47 PM
    • 20th May 12, 5:47 PM
    Go down the herbal medicine road and it may help just changing your diet.
    http://www.haelan-online.co.uk/Remedies-Hayfever.shtml
    Liverpool is one of the wonders of Britain,
    What it may grow to in time, I know not what.

Daniel Defoe: 1725.
    • FrugalFriend
    • By FrugalFriend 20th May 12, 5:58 PM
    • 216 Posts
    • 263 Thanks
    FrugalFriend
    • 20th May 12, 5:58 PM
    • 20th May 12, 5:58 PM
    Interesting, I have tried Olbas Oil its excellent but pricey. Just spotted these at Tesco, not exactly what I wanted but probably cheapest retail price at 65p: http://www.tesco.com/groceries/Product/Details/?id=261023844

I don't take a lot of these tabs only if I get insect bite or sunburnt, then I have to take 1 because my whole body reacts very badly.
    • claire16c
    • By claire16c 20th May 12, 5:59 PM
    • 6,969 Posts
    • 24,832 Thanks
    claire16c
    Ive bought the Boots value Loratadine, 7 for 99p which I thought was pretty good. But now reading this post I realise I can get them even cheaper!
  • BlackHoleSun
    As all the posts so far about tablets I thought i'd ask if anyone knew where the cheapest place to get medicine from is?
    • FrugalFriend
    • By FrugalFriend 20th May 12, 8:40 PM
    • 216 Posts
    • 263 Thanks
    FrugalFriend
    As all the posts so far about tablets I thought i'd ask if anyone knew where the cheapest place to get medicine from is?
    Originally posted by BlackHoleSun
    There's an MSE article on that: http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/family/cheap-prescriptions
    • ikr2
    • By ikr2 28th Jun 12, 7:04 PM
    • 147 Posts
    • 26 Thanks
    ikr2
    If you do go the postal route then Chemist 4U do 8% cash back plus 5% coupon discount. See TCB for details. Just ordered generic Zirtek, plus some nasal spray. Including postage, I make that 5.5p per tablet before cash back and 5p per tablet if I get the cash back. That just about matches Aldi
    • kdb550
    • By kdb550 5th Aug 12, 10:30 AM
    • 9 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    kdb550
    Generic Cetirizine
    Most pharmacies will sell a box of 30 generic Cetirizine for just over a pound you have to ask for them as they will not have them on display as there is not much mark up on them. They are not allowed by law to charge more than 50% mark up on these items, the most I have paid for them is 1.69.
    • BaileyB
    • By BaileyB 22nd Aug 12, 4:28 PM
    • 2,246 Posts
    • 776 Thanks
    BaileyB
    My Doctors have now told me the will not prescribe them as they have been advised by the health board, I now have to buy them over the counter. (Live in Wales so they were free)
    • Fire Fox
    • By Fire Fox 22nd Aug 12, 5:04 PM
    • 24,623 Posts
    • 28,501 Thanks
    Fire Fox
    Diet modification: eat anti inflammatory, low glycaemic index - in some cases the symptoms are completely eliminated! You could argue healthy eating is free because we should all be doing it anyway. Of particular importance is the intake of oily fish (ideally every day), fruit and vegetables (ideally nine a day), sugar and white/ refined carbs (ideally none of either). Do bear in mind our government's recommendations are minimums/ maximums not optimal.
    Declutterbug-in-progress.⭐️⭐️⭐️ ⭐️ Trainee Rosie the Riveter.
  • chobadangi
    Are anti histamines really drowsy? Plus a possible alternative
    too many histamines = unpleasant hayfever reactions, so that's why anti histamines often work well. Histamines in your brain keep you alert attentive and awake. That's why anti-histamines can make you drowsy. If you try them and they don't make you drowsy, then you are probably OK with them. Some people will find the non-drowsy ones make the m drowsy, and some will find the drowsy ones don't make them drowsy. You've just got to try them out.
    I use HayMax - one pot can last several years, there are no drugs in it so it doesn't make me drowsy and it works for me for dust, pets and pollen. The cheapest I've found is just over 4 inc postage - it's normally 9.50 As a new poster i can't put a link in but if you go to the eco mum and baby site you should be able to find Haymax for 2.43 plus postage...
  • Former MSE Rose
    New hayfever remedies discussion
    Hi all,

Just to let you know we've started a new 2013 discussion thread for this topic - just click below to go to the new thread:

Thanks

MSE Rose
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

89Posts Today

1,767Users online

Martin's Twitter