PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What is your charity shop bargain of the week?

Comments

• happydays89
    happydays89 Posts: 304 Forumite
    Really pleased.......managed to find a fold out table where the chairs fold and store within the table,it's in fab condition and only cost £20.
  • Hobsons_Choice
    Hobsons_Choice Posts: 1,123 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Kemp Hospice in Kidderminster today: A maxi Per Una dress: £5.00
    Normal people worry me.
  • I had a trawl of the charity shops in Skipton today and picked up quite a few bargains. J. Taylor top for £3.75, Next white and navy linen skirt £4, M & S red cropped pants £2.80 but my best bargain was from the Greyhound Rescue shop - a pair of Jigsaw beige linen trousers for £1. Oh and a pair of shorts for DH £3.
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • Miró
    Miró Posts: 6,906 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Today's bargain was a pair of grey, sheepskin, Ugg-type boots, brand new and in the £1 bin! One of the buttons at the side is missing but a good rummage through the old, inherited-from-grandma, button box will soon sort that out..... :j
  • got-it-spend-it
    got-it-spend-it Posts: 5,016 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    M&S Portfolio wrap dress for £1 for me :j It was a local charity so tends to be much cheaper than the big ones. Saw a few bits in BHF that I liked but were too pricey for what they were- £7.99 for a Primark dress for example :eek:
    :DYummy mummy, runner, baker and procrastinator :p
  • L.K.Bennett 100% silk shell top from the 50p rail and a Gerry Webber tee shirt for £3.75 both as new.
  • sparrer
    sparrer Posts: 7,547 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    A Per Una plum coloured shirt with a floral self pattern, 3/4 length sleeves and pretty stitched pleat front and back for £1.99p in Dr B's.
  • Icey77
    Icey77 Posts: 1,247 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    I found a 12-24 mth baby wetsuit in the Helen & Douglas house shop in Amersham this week, it didn't have a price on it so when asked the lady shrugged her shoulders and said "Two quid?"

Oh yes, I was happy with that :). So much so I had a rummage in the toy section and found a little pin puzzle for my 2 yr old :)
    Whether you think you can or you can’t, you’re probably right ~ Henry Ford
  • EndlessStruggle
    EndlessStruggle Posts: 1,342 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 20 July 2014 at 11:27AM
    This week I got a lovely blue peony canvas for £1.99, currently hung in the kitchen to give some colour in there. Also a lovely cookie jar in the shape of a house, very sweet, now being used as a change jar, also £1.99. Also got a lovely red handbag for £1.99 and a top that didn't fit :(
  • Living_proof
    Living_proof Posts: 1,921 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    I have been looking for a decent mandolin for ages and tucked under the bottom shelf in the household area of my (huge) local Sue Ryder shop I found one for just £3.50. This will be an enormous help to me when I am dehydrating large quantities of fruit or veg so I am well please. I think this purchase almost completes my kitchen 'wants' - I just need to replace a couple of pans and then that's me.
    Solar Suntellite 250 x16 4kW Afore 3600TL dual 2KW E 2KW W no shade, DN15 March 14
    [SIZE Givenergy 9.5 battery added July 23
    [/SIZE]
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family