Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Jenny
    • By MSE Jenny 16th Mar 12, 4:47 PM
    • 1,233Posts
    • 3,567Thanks
    MSE Jenny
    MSE Local eBay Deals tool discussion
    • 16th Mar 12, 4:47 PM
    MSE Local eBay Deals tool discussion 16th Mar 12 at 4:47 PM

Hi all, we've built a new Local eBay Deals Mapper tool find pick-up only bargains near you.

If you could let us know what you think, that would be fab. How are the results for you? Is there anything you'd like to see added?

Thanks
    for your help!

MSE Jenny

Last edited by MSE Jenny; 21-03-2012 at 9:13 AM.
Page 7
    • bobmacdonald
    • By bobmacdonald 1st Apr 19, 7:45 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    bobmacdonald
    New Site Update
    I am disappointed that more items cannot be loaded on one page.

The time limit is often only a few hours, I would like to be able to access items with a few DAYS left on the auction.

bobmacdonald
    • Winterskp
    • By Winterskp 2nd Apr 19, 6:07 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Winterskp
    How did it all go so wrong?
    I've used the tool for several years, and it worked brilliantly. I could check for items up to 48 hours in advance . . . probably more, if I was so minded.

The new version is PANTS. It won't save my postcode, and on a bad day will only offer items for the next hour, with no opportunity to load more. Once in perhaps 10 tries did it allow me to load more, up to a total of 24 hours.

If this sounds grumpy, it's because I've reported this using the report button in the app at least 5 times, and never had any reply.

PLEASE return to the original version which worked so well for so long. If it ain't broke, don'tfix it.
    • Bristow
    • By Bristow 2nd Apr 19, 6:56 PM
    • 31 Posts
    • 31 Thanks
    Bristow
    I have used this this site for several years. However, now, when I use it, I only get one page of results - usually within 24 hours. Clearly there are many more results, so why can I not see them?
    • Bristow
    • By Bristow 2nd Apr 19, 6:59 PM
    • 31 Posts
    • 31 Thanks
    Bristow
    Same here
    I have used this site for ages. But now I only can access 1 page with less than 24 hours on items. Absolutely useless. Cannot MSE revert to the former format which showed ALL the items within a specific radius of one's postcode? Otherwise it is not worth using.
    • custardy
    • By custardy 2nd Apr 19, 6:59 PM
    • 34,341 Posts
    • 29,144 Thanks
    custardy
    are people not getting the site isn't interested?
    As I posted multiple times. you can do the work of this 'tool' using saved search parameters
    • Bristow
    • By Bristow 2nd Apr 19, 7:02 PM
    • 31 Posts
    • 31 Thanks
    Bristow
    Jenny,

I can only access ONE page of results, with usually less than 24 hours to go. It is USELESS if one cannot see all the available items within a certain distance on one's postcode. Please go back to the former system - it was much better. I rarely use your site now, as it gives me such a limited response.
    • custardy
    • By custardy 2nd Apr 19, 7:14 PM
    • 34,341 Posts
    • 29,144 Thanks
    custardy
    Jenny,

I can only access ONE page of results, with usually less than 24 hours to go. It is USELESS if one cannot see all the available items within a certain distance on one's postcode. Please go back to the former system - it was much better. I rarely use your site now, as it gives me such a limited response.
    Originally posted by Bristow
    Nobody from MSE has posted on this thread in 7 years.
    • skiingsalsaman
    • By skiingsalsaman 4th Apr 19, 3:06 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    skiingsalsaman
    NEW SITE UPDATE

I have been using the tool for many years, and it worked absolutely fantastically - I could search for items up to several days in advance . Well done..............It was brilliant!

However, this new version is absolutely rubbish. It doesn't save my postcode and even more infuriatingly it will only offer items for the next few hours (or even just an hour sometimes), with no opportunity to load more.

Apologies If this sounds grumpy, but this is because I've loved using this app previously and have found it to be one of the best and most useful aids to using Ebay ever. It's been 'tampered' with to the point where it is now barely worth using. PLEASE go back to the original version which worked so well for so long.

Please forgive the cliche, but IF IT AIN'T BROKE, DON'T FIX IT!!
    • Bristow
    • By Bristow 5th Apr 19, 5:17 PM
    • 31 Posts
    • 31 Thanks
    Bristow
    I use this tool a great deal, but unfortunately I can only get the first page - aka up to+/- 1 day to go. I used to be able to see everything that was offered to the end of time - aka 4/5 days in advance. Why can I no longer see more than 24 hrs of items for sale?
    • Bristow
    • By Bristow 5th Apr 19, 5:19 PM
    • 31 Posts
    • 31 Thanks
    Bristow
    Having seen some of the comments, I think MSE Local Deals needs to get its act into gear and let folk see ALL the available offers. Or doesn't MSE care any more? Really not sure these days.
    • Bristow
    • By Bristow 5th Apr 19, 5:23 PM
    • 31 Posts
    • 31 Thanks
    Bristow
    Totally agree
    The new MSE listing is awful. One can only see items with less than 24 hours on the clock. Not good enough.
    • Bristow
    • By Bristow 5th Apr 19, 5:27 PM
    • 31 Posts
    • 31 Thanks
    Bristow
    Totally agree
    The new format (aka one can only see up to 24 hrs in advance of the date) is appalling. There are several other days of items, which one could bid for, which one can no longer view.

Hopefully the format will be changed PDQ, otherwise I will lose interest.

Kind regards,

Anne
    • Bristow
    • By Bristow 5th Apr 19, 5:29 PM
    • 31 Posts
    • 31 Thanks
    Bristow
    Totally agree
    You are so right!
    • Bristow
    • By Bristow 5th Apr 19, 5:33 PM
    • 31 Posts
    • 31 Thanks
    Bristow
    Totally agree
    Why can one only receive local items for the next 24 hours? Much better before when one could see items to the end of their time - aka 3-4 days ahead.

NOT HAPPY WITH YOUR NEW SYSTEM!
    • portchieboy
    • By portchieboy 7th Apr 19, 11:25 AM
    • 603 Posts
    • 51 Thanks
    portchieboy
    Just sent an email to the ForumTeam, suggesting that as we pay their wages, they should be listening to what we say! Come on, at least have the good manners to respond.
    O would some power the giftie gie us to see ourselves as others see us.

(O would some power the gift to give us to see ourselves as others see us
    .)

Robert Burns
    • custardy
    • By custardy 7th Apr 19, 12:04 PM
    • 34,341 Posts
    • 29,144 Thanks
    custardy
    Just sent an email to the ForumTeam, suggesting that as we pay their wages, they should be listening to what we say! Come on, at least have the good manners to respond.
    Originally posted by portchieboy
    : rotfl:
    • 20malc18
    • By 20malc18 7th Apr 19, 4:00 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    20malc18
    Only one page
    This tool is great normally, but now I find there is no facility to go to the next page or even "load more".
    Is there a fault ?.
    • Littlemiss31
    • By Littlemiss31 12th Apr 19, 8:33 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Littlemiss31
    There doesn't seem to be as many pages as before, or the bargains.
    • forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 13th Apr 19, 1:10 AM
    • 28,958 Posts
    • 11,867 Thanks
    forgotmyname
    I would normally be posting why are you still using this but....

Keep using it.. Yous missing the bargains and much less competition for me.

Go on tell us how your paying their wages??

Every page you read costs them money.
    Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

My contribution to MSE. Other contributions will only be used if they cost me nothing.

Due to me being a tight git.
    • Winterskp
    • By Winterskp 16th Apr 19, 12:53 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Winterskp
    After many grumps and brickbats, I just got the thing working as I would hope, more or less. OK, it doesn't give times after 24 hours (just 1 day, 2 days) and it won't remember my postcode like it once did, but this is almost as good as the original version. Oh, and it sometimes won't find the item on eBay if you click on the picture . . .

Thank you for listening, if it's really fixed. Only time will tell . . .
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

514Posts Today

5,692Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a great Easter, or a chag sameach to those like me attending Passover seder tomorrow. I?m taking all of next? https://t.co/qrAFTIpqWl

• RT @rowlyc1980: A whopping 18 days off work for only 9 days leave! I?ll have a bit of that please......thanks @MartinSLewis for your crafty?

• RT @dinokyp: That feeling when you realise that you have 18 days of work and only used 9 days of your annual leave! Thanks @MartinSLewis h?

• Follow Martin