Renewables: "talking 'bout my generation"

Comments

• Merlin139
    Merlin139 Posts: 6,829
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    4.87 O's (19.34 kWh) and loads of clouds most of the afternoon and morning and probably all bloody night!!!smiley-laughing021.gif
    3.795 kWp Solar PV System. Capital of the Wolds

• Martyn1981
    Martyn1981 Posts: 14,713
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    I got a Hawaii! :j:j:j (cough, mumble, on my ESE system).

ESE - 18kWh 5.03 Os

WNW - 8.7kWh 4.35 Os

Total - 26.7kWh 4.78 Os

Very good generation for me in April. Currently projecting 109% of target and the weather forecast is excellent for the next 4 days, though not so good after that.

Mart.
    Mart. Cardiff. 5.58 kWp PV systems (3.58 ESE & 2.0 WNW)

For general PV advice please see the PV FAQ thread on the Green & Ethical Board.
  • mac2008
    mac2008 Posts: 266 Forumite
    Well, at least we both had a bad day; only bagged a/an Hawaii + 1.68 O's; shame about the bits of cloud around after 14:30. System did well maxing at 2.33 kW at 14:45....Well pleased....:beer:....coffee.gif

211s0tv.jpg

Being a bit nosey, but it looks like you have a high usage that day too. What's that with? Wondering if I can use my excess in the same way!

Smashed it yesterday with a little over 6 O's. Best day of the year so far.
    My PV system: South West England, 10x 250Wp Trina Solar panels, Fronius Inverter, South facing roof, 35° pitch with no shading.
  • Oscargrouch
    Oscargrouch Posts: 4,393
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    edited 19 April 2015 at 8:11AM
    mac2008 wrote: »
    Being a bit nosey, but it looks like you have a high usage that day too. What's that with? Wondering if I can use my excess in the same way!
    Smashed it yesterday with a little over 6 O's. Best day of the year so far.

I have an Optiplug from Energeno; although it was sunny yesterday, the NE wind was chilling the house, the Plug is connected to a Oil filled Radiator and it switches it on when it detects surplus energy. Some of yesterdays ups and downs were due to the Radiator's own thermostat switching it off. HTH....coffee.gif

http://www.diykyoto.com/uk/aboutus/optiplug
    2.5 kWp PV system, SSW facing, 45 Deg Roof. ABB Inverter, Monitor: 'Wattson'.
    Reg. for FIT Nov 2011. "It's not what you generate; it's how you use it that matters". One very clean Vauxhall Diesel Sri, £30.00 Road Tax: B)

Definition of 'O's = kWh/kWp (kWh = your daily & accurate Generation figure) (kWp = the rated output of your PV Panels).
  • mac2008
    mac2008 Posts: 266 Forumite
    I have an Optiplug from Energeno; although it was sunny yesterday, the NE wind was chilling the house, the Plug is connected to a Oil filled Radiator and it switches it on when it detects surplus energy. Some of yesterdays ups and downs were due to the Radiator's own thermostat switching it off. HTH....coffee.gif

http://www.diykyoto.com/uk/aboutus/optiplug

Hmm... can see how that'd be useful in spring and autumn, thanks.
    My PV system: South West England, 10x 250Wp Trina Solar panels, Fronius Inverter, South facing roof, 35° pitch with no shading.
  • Oscargrouch
    Forumite
    edited 19 April 2015 at 8:29AM
    mac2008 wrote: »
    Hmm... can see how that'd be useful in spring and autumn, thanks.

You are not restricted to heating; they would work with cooling fans, washing machines etc etc, just calibrate it to whatever you want to use.....:D
    http://www.diykyoto.com/store/assets/0000/1215/Optiplug_with_any_radiator_rev1.1.pdf

£39.12 inc VAT http://www.navitron.org.uk/store/misc-gadgets/optiplug-intelligent-socket/
    Reg. for FIT Nov 2011. "It's not what you generate; it's how you use it that matters". One very clean Vauxhall Diesel Sri, £30.00 Road Tax: B)

Definition of 'O's = kWh/kWp (kWh = your daily & accurate Generation figure) (kWp = the rated output of your PV Panels).
  • Andy_WSM
    Andy_WSM Posts: 2,217
    First Anniversary First Post Uniform Washer Rampant Recycler
    Forumite
    edited 19 April 2015 at 3:55PM
    Not sure I'll be able to update later as I have a flight home at midnight (booooo!) so will be stuck at the airport.

However, having just logged in to the inverter to check I can see the Hawaii has been surpassed again today already. Don't think today will be as good as yesterday though.
  • Merlin139
    Merlin139 Posts: 6,829
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 19 April 2015 at 8:05PM
    Merlin139 wrote: »
    And loads of clouds most of the afternoon and morning and probably all bloody night!!!smiley-laughing021.gif

Today will see a Tetley! Never been a Typhoo drinker and my Grandfather was a Tea Taster for Tetley! A miracle will see 40 winks!smiley-laughing025.gif

Ended with 3.2 O's (12.73 kWh)
    3.795 kWp Solar PV System. Capital of the Wolds

• Sterlingtimes
    Sterlingtimes Posts: 2,374
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    It's a slightly sad 9,360 / 3,780 >>> 2.48 Os.

But our usage of our generated power remains high, 70%.
    I have osteoarthritis in my hands so I speak my messages into a microphone using Dragon. Some people make "typos" but I often make "speakos".
  • Oscargrouch
    Forumite
    It's a slightly sad 9,360 / 3,780 >>> 2.48 Os.

Similar sad day for me as well; 2.64 O's, thanks to a SSW system....smiley-laughing021.gif......coffee.gif

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback