Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • themadvix
    • By themadvix 10th Mar 12, 9:51 AM
    • 1,663Posts
    • 9,692Thanks
    themadvix
    Finally I have a mortgage I can start to pay off!
    • 10th Mar 12, 9:51 AM
    Finally I have a mortgage I can start to pay off! 10th Mar 12 at 9:51 AM
    Hi Everyone,
    Having been a long time lurker on this board whilst saving for a house deposit (you!!!8217;re all so friendly and positive that it!!!8217;s an inspiring place to !!!8216;hang out!!!8217;), my fiance and I completed on our first house yesterday!

It!!!8217;s a three-bedroomed terraced house in Hertfordshire (hence the long saving period) with an 80% LTV mortgage of £132,999 with Natwest, fixed for 2 years at 3.79%.

There!!!8217;s just the two of us (and our new two fish, Rosie and Jim, inherited with the house!), but I work from home, hence the need for a third bedroom as office space. We won!!!8217;t be moving in until June as the house needs some work doing and we!!!8217;re getting married in June so it seemed to be a sensible option (as we both currently live with our parents!!!8230;tragic I know in my late 20s, but nice mortgage rate as a result).

Obviously with house needing work and a wedding looming, I don!!!8217;t expect to be making much in the way of overpayments for a while (but this won!!!8217;t stop me rounding numbers down or transferring small bits across). Another issue is that although DF is employed (and hopefully about to get a new job in the company ), I am self-employed and therefore my income varies drastically from month to month. However, I have built up a fairly solid client base over the last five years, and especially in the last year, so I hope that this will continue to improve and that I will be able to contribute to overpayments.

DF is the spreadsheet nut, so I!!!8217;m hoping he!!!8217;ll get it set up for me so I can play with figures soon (although I have no idea what a pivot table is and am not convinced I need to know! ) We!!!8217;re already a very MSE couple having been saving for so long !!!8211; we cashback, do surveys, shop around, get the freebies that are relevant to us and have already (having gone to the house last night) established that if I!!!8217;m paying the energy bills we!!!8217;ll be living in a cold house! In all seriousness though, we are both on board with the idea of overpaying the mortgage - it just makes sense!

So, for the moment this diary will be a place to record the small things I do as well as the little overpayments I make (once my mortgage shows up in online banking!). Once June has flown past and we!!!8217;re back from our honeymoon, I!!!8217;ll get a grip on income and expenditure and work out an SOA and how much we can regularly overpay.

Vicky

PS Long, long term, this isn!!!8217;t our forever home and one day we!!!8217;d like to build our own environmentally friendly home! But more of that in the future!!!8230;
    Last edited by themadvix; 21-11-2016 at 5:06 PM. Reason: Because I got the interest rate wrong!!
Page 57
    • Crumpets
    • By Crumpets 4th May 18, 2:34 PM
    • 883 Posts
    • 2,769 Thanks
    Crumpets
    Hi MV, sorry to hear about your volunteering woes, it sounds incredibly frustrating. I'm glad you have managed to let off steam and are now ignoring the situation, ignorance is bliss

I really need to pick my rhubarb, it's gone wild and is actually blocking my other veg from getting the sun! We're having a barbecue on Monday with friends so I think I'll make a bit crumble for that. I'm not sure it's actually barbecue food but hey ho

have a fantastic sunny weekend!
    Mortgage March 2011 £143,927.6
    Mortgage May 2018 £88,571.55
    £1759.35/£2000
    • earthgirl
    • By earthgirl 4th May 18, 8:01 PM
    • 1,997 Posts
    • 22,370 Thanks
    earthgirl
    My Rhubarb is on its way but very slow up here in Scotland. Well done for getting yours in a crumble slready!
    15/5/12 Paid off Mortgage 1 (£220k) Dec 13 - £116,508 Bought Dream House Dec 14 - £94, 402 (£22,106 offset in 2014) Jan 16 - £67, 852 (£26,550 offset in 2015) Dec 16 - £33,529 ( £34,323offset in 2016)
    Jan 17 - £39, 773 (Re-estimation of endowments )
    Sept 17 £22,619 Jan 18 - £11,687 Mar 18 -£8524
    Kids savings 13,578/36k
    • Karmacat
    • By Karmacat 6th May 18, 10:37 AM
    • 29,212 Posts
    • 166,853 Thanks
    Karmacat
    Hope you're having a wonderful weekend away, madvix, you've got utterly fantastic weather for it

Rhubarb! One of my plants is really big, it developed a double crown last year, so I have lots I need to start picking, thank you for the reminder.
    Retired August 2016
    • themadvix
    • By themadvix 8th May 18, 10:34 AM
    • 1,663 Posts
    • 9,692 Thanks
    themadvix
    Morning all,

Crumpets - thanks for the input and sympathy re volunteeering. Unfortunately the advice about the tombola is unnecessary as this was what was causing grief. The person who said she was going to do it, isn't going to both with a bottle tombola and just do a sweetie one (despite minuted agreement to the contrary). Thereby reducing potential income massively and this has had a negative impact on the quiz raffle, as I deliberately kept some bottles back. She says 'being there will still raise our profile', completely missing the point that it's about raising cold hard cash! Aaaargh.

Earthgirl, Crumpets, Karma - rhubarb has gone completely mad in last couple of weeks. However, glad to have popped a ready to cook crumble in the freezer as we may need to have custard tonight to use up milk as it got rather warm yesterday morning before we got it in. Karma - I think ours may have a quadruple crown now!
    OPs 2017 = £3103
    S&S ISA 2017 = £626
    OPs 2016 = £6142.12
    Starting balance 2012: £132000; balance Dec 2017: £96,822
    MFW2017 no. 38
    • themadvix
    • By themadvix 8th May 18, 10:44 AM
    • 1,663 Posts
    • 9,692 Thanks
    themadvix
    Morning all,

What a glorious bank holiday weekend! We (the Brownies, leaders and I) had an absolutely fantastic time at PGL - wonderful activities, wonderful staff and we hardly had to lift a finger - it was a revelation! They even factored in toilet trips and reminded them about sunscreen. Bliss! We're already debating when we can do it again!

We came back Sunday, so yesterday was spent in the garden. Popped to a camping show to look at some bits, as we could do with a stove, table and possibly chairs. Didn't spend anything though as want to do some more research. Good prices there though and it's on until the end of the month, so will probably return to purchase. Did spend £20 in Sains yesterday (am keeping on top of spending diary!) - including some naughty plastic wrapped bits from the YS section. Saturday was a NSD for both of us. DH was hoping to get to beer festival, but it didn't happen as he had no one to go with. Probably saved quite a bit - it's the food that's the killer! Had a BBQ with BIL and GF last night - they brought meat for them (just as well as Sains was out!) and it was a nice relaxed meal. Hm baps to put our food in (delish - Dan Lepard's soft white baps recipe if you're interested) and choc bananas for pud.

Have booked MOT for DH's car this morning - £27 and cashback to come. Hopefully it'll pass - he's done the various bits needed this weekend.

MS things:
    * MS rewards, VB poll done. Will try to catch up on SBs later, but work takes priority.
    * MSE MOT booked via TCB
    * Holiday claim on £co has tracked, waiting game now
    * NSD Saturday (and Sun for me )
    * Weird lentil, saus and mushroom casserole portion that has been lurking in freezer removed for dinner. Wasn't great first time around, so want to get rid. Will eat with rice and omelette to jazz it up a bit/as a failsafe in case it's revolting!
    * Water bill DD reduced by £1/month

Gratitudes:
    * A wonderful group leader at PGL - made the weekend very special
    * Great time had with the girls - you really get to know them when you take them away
    * Gorgeous weather all weekend
    * Lovely, relaxed day yesterday with DH
    OPs 2017 = £3103
    S&S ISA 2017 = £626
    OPs 2016 = £6142.12
    MFW2017 no. 38
    • Karmacat
    • By Karmacat 8th May 18, 10:57 AM
    • 29,212 Posts
    • 166,853 Thanks
    Karmacat
    Karma - I think ours may have a quadruple crown now!
    Originally posted by themadvix
    That's good to hear, actually - there's so much advice given about separating crowns (which I'm loath to do) it sounds like cruelty to plants *not* to do it. Quadruple crowns rool OK
    Retired August 2016
    • themadvix
    • By themadvix 8th May 18, 11:00 AM
    • 1,663 Posts
    • 9,692 Thanks
    themadvix
    We considered splitting it, but then read that you don't need to... so we didn't!
    OPs 2017 = £3103
    S&S ISA 2017 = £626
    OPs 2016 = £6142.12
    MFW2017 no. 38
    • themadvix
    • By themadvix 9th May 18, 12:30 PM
    • 1,663 Posts
    • 9,692 Thanks
    themadvix
    Afternoon all!

I am feeling very positive today. Not entirely sure why, but I'm sure the sun and breaking the back of the current project I'm working on must both have something to do with it. Evening class was good last night too (and homework wasn't completed at the last minute).

DH and I have had a chat recently about houses etc. While the plan was to move next March, this is looking increasingly unlikely for various reasons - Brexit (which could affect house prices, but will almost certainly affect my work to an extent), not being able to afford what we want where we want it, not being willing to compromise too much as we don't want to be moving again for some time, aged rellies etc., etc. Obviously things may change - we might win the premium bonds but at the moment the plan is to get the money saved for moving and see how things go (and keep overpaying ) . What we're looking for isn't ten-a-penny (i.e. we want lots of outside space, possibly a paddock, two garages, but apart from a decent kitchen we're not too worried about internal space), so even when we start looking it's not likely to be a quick decision.

I've been thinking for a while that we were unlikely to be saying 'bye' to this house on schedule, so it's good to know we're both on the same page and reasonably okay with the situation. Our immediate neighbours don't cause any problems (and are perfectly okay, although we'll never be best friends), we're close to family (getting ever closer it seems as they're all moving here!) and DH's work, and really like our house. Downsides are not being able to let the cats roam and the lack of garaging/parking space (important to us) and the frequency with which our drive is blocked by inconsiderate b******s. So it's definitely not for ever, but it might be for a bit longer than planned. Hmm...

One upshot is that DH is determined to build a 'catio' for the boys so that they can enjoy the garden for longer without escaping (and stop constantly whinging to be let out for hours before meal times!). So once the car work is finished we'll be investing in some building materials to get that built! I'm looking forward to watching them enjoy it (or moaning that they can't get out!).

I have scooped up the Santa cashback, so monthly net reduction on my savings deficit is about £50 (shocking, I know, but this is the fault of the naughty US client!). Now standing at £780. Naughty US client owes enough that payment of the bill this month should wipe out the deficit, give me enough to top up the holiday fund and put a chunk against the mortgage/in moving savings. *If* they pay!

Not spending is going well this month so far. CC bill (from 23 April) stands at £145 (after the £870 Brownie coach cost is taken off - airmiles ) and I'm keeping my spending diary up to date. It's easy when you're not spending anything!

MS things:
    * VB, SBs, MS rewards - done
    * Made chocolate porridge cake as found on Greying's *first* diary.... it may take me a while to catch up. But delicious cake, storecupboard ingredients and will do for lunches this week/next week (it made a lot!).
    * Combined cake with cooking crumble last night to use oven to full potential
    * Saving kitchen water to water the plants (DH used butt to top up the pond)
    * Weird dinner last night was fine, but not something I'll repeat. It's out of the freezer and not wasted, so that's a win.
    * Dinner tonight will be daal, chana masala and hm naan. Daal is the usual recipe, very yummy and and chana masala will probably be Rick Stein's version (again thanks to GP's diary, but in a book I've owned for 5 years and this will be the second recipe used out of it!).

Gratitudes:
    * I've eaten the last five meals outside - loving the weather
    * Enjoyed watching a red kite directly over our house last night being mobbed by a couple of corvids (probably jackdaws, but hard to tell!) - we haven't seen a kite quite so close in concreteland!
    * Delicious and easy new recipes shared on here

Have a lovely afternoon folks!
    Last edited by themadvix; 09-05-2018 at 12:39 PM.
    OPs 2017 = £3103
    S&S ISA 2017 = £626
    OPs 2016 = £6142.12
    MFW2017 no. 38
    • themadvix
    • By themadvix 9th May 18, 12:31 PM
    • 1,663 Posts
    • 9,692 Thanks
    themadvix
    Wow, sorry, that was long (even for me!)!
    OPs 2017 = £3103
    S&S ISA 2017 = £626
    OPs 2016 = £6142.12
    MFW2017 no. 38
    • Karmacat
    • By Karmacat 9th May 18, 2:31 PM
    • 29,212 Posts
    • 166,853 Thanks
    Karmacat
    But it was chatty and it mentioned chocolate porridge cake

Interesting about the moving - I'm sure you're right not to move to an "intermediate" house. Your househunting is going to be really interesting, though, with all that outside space!
    Retired August 2016
    • themadvix
    • By themadvix 9th May 18, 2:38 PM
    • 1,663 Posts
    • 9,692 Thanks
    themadvix
    Chocolate porridge cake is the way to go! It's very nice

The problem with not moving is that the mortgage gets smaller and DH and I become less inclined to increase it further! (And then there's the temptation of going all out and trying to clear it - if we decided to stay put (which isn't going to happen), I reckon we could focus and get it gone in 5 years. But we're *not* staying here forever!

ETA: Have picked up a ms (first in over a year) for some foreign currency... which we'll need for our hols
    OPs 2017 = £3103
    S&S ISA 2017 = £626
    OPs 2016 = £6142.12
    MFW2017 no. 38
    • themadvix
    • By themadvix 13th May 18, 12:55 PM
    • 1,663 Posts
    • 9,692 Thanks
    themadvix
    Afternoon all,

I've been MIA for a few days due to sheer life busyness. I've had a lot of work on, went visiting old folks homes again on Friday (decision made, I think) and spent yesterday volunteering... again (the last 'extra' day for a while!). DH has been working hard on the mini for the last two days (he had Friday off), so when I've been around I've been out helping him. MOT is booked for tomorrow.... everything should be fine except there's an oil leak We can't do anything about it as it's an 'engine out' job, so it'll either pass or fail and we'll either use it next weekend or not.

Spending is all still on track - nothing really spent the last few days that's not budgeted for. Have just done an online order though which will set me back ~£70 on Tuesday. But the cupboards are looking rather bare, especially of basics like flour, butter, sugar, pasta! Meal choices are becoming rather limited!

While doing the garage DH has been having a clear out and has a bucket of scrap metal. I'm going to see if I can get anything for it as there's a scrap metal recycling place on the industrial estate over the road. Even if it's only a couple of quid it's better than nowt (I could walk there!).

MS things:
    * Managed a free lunch (and an extra apple to bring home) at the volunteering I did yesterday
    * Food all from stores - we've eaten very well this week - a curry thali on Weds night with daal, aloo gobi and chana masala, naan and rice (small portions of each!). The rest was portioned up and has gone in the freezer for another day; sparrow grass (from veg box) risotto last night.
    * Clicks and bits done when I remember
    * NV; YG surveys (50p of pay out from NV now)
    * 2 MS done - hadn't done one in ages, but these were very simple and easy money, so happy to take them on. £22 to come from these and holiday currency sorted (had to provide the cash myself sadly!) Will keep an eye out for more of the same.
    * Have been utilising Ancestry's free access to 1939 register - very interesting!

Gratitudes:
    * Good company yesterday at the volunteering thing - t'would have been pretty dire otherwise, but my friend and I had a laugh
    * Good film watched last night (chance to unwind)
    * Kites, thrushes and blackbirds various have been making me smile
    * We've got to go for a test drive in the car in a minute

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday folks!

ETA: Forgot to say, I've walked 500 miles since Christmas according to my fitbit - rather pleased with this and now singing
    OPs 2017 = £3103
    S&S ISA 2017 = £626
    OPs 2016 = £6142.12
    MFW2017 no. 38
    • themadvix
    • By themadvix 14th May 18, 6:18 PM
    • 1,663 Posts
    • 9,692 Thanks
    themadvix
    Evening all,

After a spectacularly bad night's sleep and a headache all day, I'm finally coming to and feeling more human (a nap may have helped). Enough woe is me!

Mini failed MOT, but not on the major, plan-changing thing we expected, so it's booked in for Friday morning for a retest. Should be fine.

DH is at the airport awaiting a flight to Germany for a work thing - back tomorrow. I've invited Dad over for fish and chips (DH has said he'll pay ). I've worked, around the MOT and the nap and have made good progress with stuff today. More is expected, so I need to keep on top of it.

MS things:
    * Lunch from freezer/leftovers from dinner
    * VB survey and poll - now at payout
    * SBs and MS rewards done
    * Work, work work....

Gratitudes:
    * Lovely sunny day - breakfast and lunch in garden
    * Fresh air and exercise going to drop off/collect car from MOT place
    * Car failed on minor things we can sort - weekend plans are go!
    * Chippy tea with Dad soon (cats will be grateful for this too - chip shop chips are a favourite treat!)

Have a good evening all!

ETA: In the event Dad took me out for dinner and paid Was yummy too!
    Last edited by themadvix; 14-05-2018 at 9:10 PM.
    OPs 2017 = £3103
    S&S ISA 2017 = £626
    OPs 2016 = £6142.12
    MFW2017 no. 38
    • themadvix
    • By themadvix 15th May 18, 2:31 PM
    • 1,663 Posts
    • 9,692 Thanks
    themadvix
    Afternoon all,

Feeling much more with it today. Unexpectedly can also see daylight at the end of work as client has just informed me that she's off for the weekend and implied there won't be any more work arriving before she gets back. So once I'm caught up, I'm free!! (At least, less un-free). Having a much more productive day today - 2 x washing loads on line (need to get it in really), fish food and cat worming tablets bought, going to pop to PO in a minute. I also have a list, so beginning to be able to see what needs doing. DH being busy with the cars the past few weeks, combined with too much volunteering and work has meant everything house/housework related has built up and I was beginning to feel it was an impossible mountain to climb. Hopefully now though I'll have some time tomorrow to crack on with stuff and get caught up.

Spending still going well. Big shop delivered this morning (£68) and fuel topped up but am doing well at resisting unnecessary stuff. We've got a fun weekend planned that will be spendy, so I keep reminding myself not to fritter now. So far, it's working!

MS things:
    * Leftovers for lunch and dinner, will help to clear bulging fridge out
    * MS rewards, SBs

Gratitudes:
    * More meals in the garden - really enjoying doing this
    * Lovely evening with Dad last night
    * Hope of a respite from work tomorrow

Enjoy the sunshine this afternoon folks
    OPs 2017 = £3103
    S&S ISA 2017 = £626
    OPs 2016 = £6142.12
    MFW2017 no. 38
    • Karmacat
    • By Karmacat 15th May 18, 4:53 PM
    • 29,212 Posts
    • 166,853 Thanks
    Karmacat
    Wow! You may have been letting things go, but you're catching up fast
    Retired August 2016
    • themadvix
    • By themadvix 17th May 18, 11:45 AM
    • 1,663 Posts
    • 9,692 Thanks
    themadvix
    Morning all,

Thanks Karma. It doesn't really feel like it, I have to say. I'm struggling to find much to write about here at the moment as while we're not spending, not much else is happening either - it's all fixing cars and work. There might be some chance of an OP but we actually need to have time to sit down and work it out! (I'm beginning to feel that OPing barely gets a mention here!)

Have just ordered the chicken for the cats from the butcher. I've recently switched to chicken breast fillets from thighs. Turns out it's much cheaper - £30's worth lasts for ~two months, whereas it was £20-25/month before. I don't like the waste though nor the fact it's not as ethical as I'd like. But it's plastic free (relatively, I buy a 5kg tray at once, so less packaging) and good for the cats. Why is it always so difficult to get the balance right?!

Have just ordered a book from Am, using vouchers given at Christmas. It's for our holiday and quite a specific guide, so not available from the library. I'm getting to the point where I'm paralysed about spending anything 'unnecessary' though (especially on 'stuff'), which is not good - again, more balance is needed.

MS things:
    * DH at a conference, so free lunch for him
    * Baked bread and cakes on Tuesday, so we're stocked up for food.
    * VB, MS rewards, SBs, inc survey
    * Cancelled veg box (today) and milk (yesterday) - except we now have no milk! (Will pop over road and remedy this, will still be cheaper than milkman)

Gratitudes:
    * Sunshine and a drive in the mini (for an appointment the company had to cancel as they couldn't do what I needed them to do!)
    * HM pizza last night
    * That I'm finally up to the point in Greying's diary where she no longer uses Photobucket and I can see the lovely foodie pics

Have a good day all!
    OPs 2017 = £3103
    S&S ISA 2017 = £626
    OPs 2016 = £6142.12
    MFW2017 no. 38
    • Karmacat
    • By Karmacat 17th May 18, 1:31 PM
    • 29,212 Posts
    • 166,853 Thanks
    Karmacat
    Karma. It doesn't really feel like it, I have to say. I'm struggling to find much to write about here at the moment as while we're not spending, not much else is happening either - it's all fixing cars and work. There might be some chance of an OP but we actually need to have time to sit down and work it out! (I'm beginning to feel that OPing barely gets a mention here!)
    Originally posted by themadvix
    Doing your main job is 99.99% recurring the best way to earn extra dosh! So carry on

Have just ordered the chicken for the cats from the butcher. I've recently switched to chicken breast fillets from thighs. Turns out it's much cheaper - £30's worth lasts for ~two months, whereas it was £20-25/month before. I don't like the waste though nor the fact it's not as ethical as I'd like. But it's plastic free (relatively, I buy a 5kg tray at once, so less packaging) and good for the cats. Why is it always so difficult to get the balance right?!
    Breast is cheaper than thigh? I haven't eaten meat for about a million years, but I'm really surprised by that. Still, it works for you, thats the main thing
    Retired August 2016
    • themadvix
    • By themadvix 17th May 18, 1:45 PM
    • 1,663 Posts
    • 9,692 Thanks
    themadvix
    Thanks KC You're right, of course, work is the way forward. DH's work's share price has improved quite a bit today... at one point if we'd sold most of the mortgage would have just disappeared (in theory, obviously, as there's a limit and CGT etc, etc). It's heading back to more normal heights now!

Yes, breast is cheaper, I don't get it either, but there it is. Also so much less faff for us, even compared to boned and skinless thighs.

Am feeling frustrated today and can't settle to anything. Taking the mini for its retest later and then will go and get cat's chicken (in mini ). Was going to do some gardening in front garden (in need of it!), but smokey neighbours are sitting out there (sun is round there now). Have a little bit of work to do and should just sit and get it done, but.... it's lovely out there. Struggling to make decisions as to where to plant things in back garden - aargh, like I said, can't settle to anything!

Sis has just sent me a pic of her latest winnings - a whole load of delicious-smelling toiletries
    OPs 2017 = £3103
    S&S ISA 2017 = £626
    OPs 2016 = £6142.12
    MFW2017 no. 38
    • earthgirl
    • By earthgirl 18th May 18, 7:03 AM
    • 1,997 Posts
    • 22,370 Thanks
    earthgirl
    I somtimes have days where I CAN'T settle. I make myself do 15 mins of something and I normally either totally hate it and do soemthng else, or I just carry on. Thinking I'm only doing it for 15 mins seems to trick my mind into thinking its ok.

Boo to smokey neighbours though, sorry to hear that.
    15/5/12 Paid off Mortgage 1 (£220k) Dec 13 - £116,508 Bought Dream House Dec 14 - £94, 402 (£22,106 offset in 2014) Jan 16 - £67, 852 (£26,550 offset in 2015) Dec 16 - £33,529 ( £34,323offset in 2016)
    Jan 17 - £39, 773 (Re-estimation of endowments )
    Sept 17 £22,619 Jan 18 - £11,687 Mar 18 -£8524
    Kids savings 13,578/36k
    • themadvix
    • By themadvix 18th May 18, 9:53 AM
    • 1,663 Posts
    • 9,692 Thanks
    themadvix
    Morning all!

Thanks EG. I do sometimes do the 15 minutes thing - it usually helps. I think the failed appointment in the morning and then the 3pm one (why did I book it for then?) hanging over me didn't help. I did manage to get some stuff done - cat's chicken bought and processed, and car passed MOT. We ended up having takeaway though as DH didn't get home till late and I was fed up of the messy kitchen by the time I'd done all the chicken (yuk!). I enjoyed it though, more than normal, so it was money well spent and the only bit of unnecessary spending so far this month.

Re smokey neighbours - they're another reason for moving. Only last week we were saying that our immediate neighbours were ok, and then we've been reminded why we'd like to get away from them from both sides this week (bonfire in the middle of the day when I had washing on my line from one side, constant smoke now the weather is nice from the other)!

Today I have more jobs to get on with but I'm feeling more positive. There are a few hopefully easy wins that I could get ticked off my list. I've already done the washing up (we have a d/washer, so the non-d/washer stuff accumulates), so kitchen is looking lovely!

MS things:
    * TCB on takeaway
    *PA survey (20p)
    * VB, SB, MS rewards (I know I write this every day, but more often than not, that is what reminds me to do it!)
    * Virgin Money CC applied for (for Virgin Atlantic points and because my current cc is closing)
    * The piece de resistance, NV survey - reached payout!! £50 heading my way

Gratitudes:
    * Mum - for giving me a kick up the bum this morning
    * Tasty takeaway and quality time with DH last night - it just seems that we've been on the treadmill constantly recently. While this weekend will be fun, it won't be the relaxing break I need! Roll on BH weekend!
    * Breakfast in the garden this morning - extending the 'porridge season' for as long as possible!

Have a good day all!
    OPs 2017 = £3103
    S&S ISA 2017 = £626
    OPs 2016 = £6142.12
    MFW2017 no. 38
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,740Posts Today

4,192Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin